Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

I used to be a Christian, but about a year ago I became an atheist when the idea of an all knowing god stopped making sense to me. My question is do you have any PHYSICAL evidence of God or Christ. It can't be some where God made an impact in your life. I'm asking if there is any physical evidence of God.

This is not an attack on your religion or way of life in any way, shape or form. I'm simply just looking for some answers to better understand both sides of the coin.

Best I can do.

"To ask, 'where is God' is like for a fish to ask, 'where is water?' or for a bird to ask, 'where is air?' God is everywhere!"

- Max Lucado, He chose you.

6037850 So, you're saying that God doesn't really exist; only nature exists, and obviously, we all believe in nature? I didn't take you for an atheist.

Simple answer: There is no physical evidence of God's existence and there probably never will be.

Longer answer: That doesn't mean anything. We don't know what catalyzed the Big Bang. We don't know what's beyond the event horizon of a black hole. We don't know precisely what strings are composed of, or if perhaps there is something smaller than even a string. We may never be able to directly observe the explanations of these phenomena. There's no reason not to desire an explanation for peace of mind, if nothing else.

I envy those who are satisfied with simple answers, such as, "God did it." For all we know, that may be an accurate statement when we ask how the Big Bang was set into motion. I don't like believing based on faith, though; I like having a concrete reason for believing what I believe when and where possible. I'd rather accept the truth of mystery than grapple with the existence of an ethereal being. That's just me, though.

Father George Coyne gave a wonderful TED talk on the God of the Gaps argument. It comes across as somewhat poetic and dreamy, which I think is kind of the point. As long as we don't reject science, there is absolutely no harm in believing God orchestrated the universe. As long as you aren't like Answers in Genesis, you're okay in my books. :raritywink:

You're weeding out a lot of Christian chicks who would totally hit you if you weren't blind.

Let them hit me. I'd rather have a busted-up face than forsake reason. :rainbowkiss:

I feel like you read the simple answer and not the rest of my comment. I was saying that it's totally fine to be Christian as long as you don't reject science. The video I linked is from a Catholic priest named Father George Coyne, who talks about the scientific facts of the universe we live in, and his faith. I think it's awesome.

I refuse to watch it. Everybody knows everything atheists think is bullshit anyways. I mean, atheists think we're bullshit? Lol.

What comes around goes around, buddy. I don't have to watch your trash.

Why you always pegging the Christians? Go harass a different religion you atheist troll.

Careful where you're swinging around that ego edge.

I refuse to watch it.

The video is created by a Christian who is showing that acknowledging science doesn't require you to relinquish belief in God. Don't listen to me. Listen to the Christian in the video. Not only does he teach some really cool astronomical science, he also shows that God very well may be out there.

As long as you aren't like Answers in Genesis, you're okay in my books.

I have no idea what this one even means.

I was saying that it's totally fine to be Christian as long as you don't reject science.

Dude, just stop. It's time to stop! I don't care what you want me to be. I can be anything I want! I don't care if you'll respect me more if I do or anything. Just stop. On behalf of most Christians here, please just leave. Nobody cares about your atheist beliefs (don't argue here).

I'm not here to convince you that we're right or anything. I don't really give a crap anymore at all anyways. I'm just tired of fighting atheists all the time.

Stop harassing me and my religion. Stop trying to make us be the Christians you want us to be. We will never be and we don't care. So get the message and leave.

And maybe I'll watch your video. And maybe not. Science was never brought up. Science was never an issue.

I'm just tired of fighting atheists all the time.

I don't really give a crap anymore at all anyways. I'm just tired of fighting atheists all the time.

Well, this is telling. Sounds like somebody is feeling cognitive-dissonance mental pains, and wants to be left alone in their echo-chamber.

You can make a closed-group and invite certain people in without any outsiders to challenge you or your views. Then you can giggle with others about how stupid atheists are while never actually having to hear anything that contradicts your precious world-view.

Somebody just offered you an olive-branch, stating that religion isn't necessarily at odds with science (a position that sounds nice, but I can't personally hold to) and you proceeded to throw a tantrum. Good job.

PS: As soon as you hit the 'create group' button, you'll see 'Status' and 'Visibility' sandwiched between 'Name' and 'NSFW'. Check ' both boxes to change them to 'Closed' and 'Private' respectively. Aside from creating impenetrable clubs, it's a good way to make admin-only forums to discuss forum policy and such.

Best of wishes.

I'm not here to fight anyone. Not sure where you got that notion from.

I don't run this place! Yeesh.

You made it seem that way when you decided to reply here in the first place.

Well, no, but you're absolutely free to start your own exclusive forum. Through my snark and contempt at what I perceive to be your attitude, I was pretty serious about that part.

Comment posted by Raichu deleted Jul 28th, 2017

And you are not a member? If so, it sounds like you got less work to do. If not . . . perhaps try to get in, or compete.

Sheesh, you're actually getting this offended over seeing an atheist in your not-so-perfect little group?

Please go reread my initial reply. I feel like it was pretty supportive of Christian viewpoints.

God sure would love how you're acting.

What's that God is always saying? Oh, I remember, it was:
"Be a jerk for no reason, and refuse to discuss scripture with those who don't believe it, for only through abrasiveness and self-isolation can one get to heaven." Corinthians 69;69

I feel like... like maybe you're wrong.

Oh so this is all just a joke? That's great because I'd really like it all to end.

6042367 I feel like maybe you're wrong. Nothing that was said in this thread deserved such a drastic response.

I feel like maybe you're struggling with your spirituality and are lashing out as a consequence. It doesn't have to be like that. If you have any questions that are weighing on your mind, we could help you resolve them. I run a Christian group just for this purpose: Christian Questions. Come join us and we'll help you resolve your spiritual turmoils. Nopony needs to get hurt in the process.

Right now the biggest joke in this thread is the way you've been acting in it. Grow a pair.

It is entirely possible. :twilightsmile: I accept that I make these claims on some level of faith. Perhaps I give George Coyne too much credit; perhaps I give him too little. When it comes to God, it's all opinions. No one can really prove anything; all that there is is the sharing of ideas. And I think the sharing of ideas is wonderful. :pinkiesmile:

Almost thought that was a trap for a splits but I've already joined there, actually. Doesn't seem to be much traffic.

How many pairs?

I should maybe watch your video. It's said that catholics believe in evolution and the big bang and whatnot. But I can't help but be a little skeptical.

It all depends on if you want to increase your learning, really. My opinion is that the best way of becoming wiser is to subject myself to opinions I don't agree with and seeing if I can reason out why they're incorrect, and if not, then to accept their narrative as correct. Anyone who has evidence supporting them is more credible; anyone who does not is less credible.

However many it takes for you to start pulling yourself out of your little fantasy land where only you're right.

You seem kind of angry. Why are you so angry? Does what he is saying bother you because it touches on something you know is probably true and would rather not think about?

I will pray for 6043226 to be scourged from this earth so that we can all live in peace.

Praise be to God.

REST IN PISS ATHEIST YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

God don't like that though.

So that guy who says this other guy that this other guy who this other guys says is this other guy who's not another guy is a who who's not a guy's guy's cousin?

I feel the same about you.

You're adorable. Squeezes you while basking in your cuteness. And I'm only human. I think I have the right to be mad when some psychos from the local insane asylum decide to break into my home and beat me with a bat while yelling about their weirdo beliefs.

You tell the atheists who started this and were never welcome here in the first place to be civil!

6043544 Did a fellow patient break into your cell in RL or do you consider internet to be your home and opinions to be bats?

I can't tell if you're trying to ridicule science or the Bible at this point. This is far more applicable to a 2000-year-old book than it is to a peer-reviewed study from within the last 50 years.

Well of course you would. I mean just look at what you believe in.

psychos from the local insane asylum decide to break into my home and beat me with a bat while yelling about their weirdo beliefs.

And the fact that this could literally not be further from what the actual situation here is just makes this that much better. I'm keeping this one.

The best choice is to ridicule both.

This is a Christian group, please don't talk about bats here. They are of the devil.

I think I have the right to be mad when some psychos from the local insane asylum decide to break into my home and beat me with a bat while yelling about their weirdo beliefs.

But nobody did that. You think things have happened but they didn't, so you're crazy.

You should be in the local asylum.

You are not invited to this party and you have a small penis.

You didn't stop wetting the bed until you were 11.

You disgust me. Please go away.

Even Jesus doesn't love you after the things you've done.

How dare you make this thread?

But it said it was open invite!

No penises under 1.5 inches allowed.

Why do you think I was allowed here? :^)

Well, get enough beer in me . . .

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43