Star Wars 1,560 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

It's a simple idea: what if Equestria was a planet in the Outer? And to make it unique, what if by about 60bby Equestria is in it's 'three tribes' phase in its history?

Alright

So far in my 'canon' which I hadn't reuploaded yet, I had it that one foal was sensed by two Jedi and was adapted into the Order

Highly unlikely, how would two jedi suddenly sense something super specific from this entire planet from far away? And why would what looks to be some random animal be adopted into the Jedi Order?

But for a long-ass time, I had been envisioning ideas where Equestria eventually becomes aware of the galaxy around it and becomes a part of the New Republic, which would start my next fic.

If its in the Outer, it should be explored and chartered before or during the Clone Wars, maybe after. The only way something like that would be possible is if its in the unexplored regions. Maybe it could be a world discovered during the Vong war, or is this disney canon?

So, like, my first 'canon' fic in this world is where an earthpony becomes a Jedi,

How? Why?

but Equestria is still isolated and doesn't even know that there are even stars.

??????????????? WHAT??????

(it's always cloudy and as snowy as Hoth)

But pegasi can fly above the clouds??? Why???

But after he fought and died in the clone wars at age 50-60, that's the last of the Equestrians in the galaxy until about 3aby

How was he even picked up without the planet being discovered.

That leads to the premise of my next-fic where an old earthpony adopts an ithorian in about 3aby. The story is that the old earthpony's wife died and that lead him to think about his mortality, and when a giant space-ship lands and say 'yo, put your ponies here, we got a galaxy to show ya' he just screws over his life by joining them with a 'I got nothing to lose, my life is ending anyway' attitude.

That's... stupid. Why would the New Republic do that??

The ship would have a ton of classes on Galatic Basic, basic engineering and technology skills, Republic politics, and some nonhuman languages like Wookie, Talz and Ithorian.

Why? Would the Republic just decided to become super humanitarian and adopt this random species they never heard of before?

And no, he doesn't pick up Ithorian right off the bat. He picks up Wookie. The reason why is because the old earth pony found engineering fascinating and when he was being taught by a wookie (and a protocol droid) he figured he'd pick up Wookie as well. He wanted to dedicate the last of his days to this engineering stuff with the wookies.

Ok so he learns wookie immediately somehow.

But after about three weeks prior to landing and getting himself a home in Corrusant, he finds an ithorian baby on the street and took care of him, took him to the nearest foster home with broken Basic, then gets attached enough that he spends basically all of his credits to adopt the baby and named him Tinker or something, some pony-name.

Seems really contrived.

He goes through court, gets announced the first interracial family involving an Equestrian, then raises the child and teaches him everything he learned about mechanics and starts a family business.

Super contrived.

The aim of this story is a more grounded, slice of life, with a bit of family-drama with not meaning another species' needs at first and struggling to understand the baby's orthroats.

REALLY contrived.

I don't know why, but the idea of a little pony raising a young yet equally-sized ithorian is just appealing to me. I really, really want to tackle this but I feel that I must finish the Jedi one first, but at my writer's block stage and school being in the way I figured I'd just unleash my ideas early.

It's a contrived idea that would be pretty generic and have tons of plot holes.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2