Scootalove is Best Love 858 members · 379 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I have two story ideas. This will be the 9th and 10th story suggestion I've mad in a month!

First story:
Come home Scootaloo.

Basic idea: Scootaloo asks Rainbowdash to adopt her. When RD flies off with out giving an answer to clear her head. Scootaloo thinks RD doesn't wan't to be her mother so she runs away. She is picked up by some slave traders that plan on trading her to a pony who plans to abuse her. RD goes after scootaloo. When she tracks down the slave traders she goes full mama bear mode and saves scootaloo. She is to injured to fly back so they have to make the dangerous trek home. During the journey they are attacked multiple times and have to practically go through hell.

Bonus points for soarindash.

Second Story:
Better than a Friend:
(This idea has sort of been used before)
Based off this:

Basic Idea: After Scootaloo's father left Rainbow Dash, she knew that she would never be responsible enough to be a mother. She leaves scootaloo at an orphanage in Manehaten. Years later Scootaloo runs away from the orphanage and arrives in ponyvile. The orphangage in ponyvile was kinder than the one in manehaten so she decided to stay. RD acts as a friend towards scootaloo, but how will Scootaloo react when she find's out the truth?

Bonus points for Soarindash

Super bonus points if you can find a way to fuse both stories into one.

Ultimate bonus points for sequels.

I will not accept any other ship sorry.

Hope this wasn't to restricting other than what I mentioned you have free rang with this story so go nuts.

Hmm... I've played around with that second idea, minus the Soarindash part, I might give it a try.

5248776 I'm confused about this post.

So you're offering up story ideas, (cool) but then you're saying, "If you take them you have to do what I want with them" Ie: Only SorinDash and no changing the outline as you have it.

For example, were I taking the first one I'd get rid of the whole slavers thing because I don't think the story needs it.

And If I took the second one I'd probably ship someone other than Sorin as the father.

So does this mean I can't use either of the ideas? (Which I probably won't do because I have a full plate at the moment, but the second one does have potential even though it has been done before)

Btw it's free reign not free range.

Sorry about that but the reason I do it like that is because that's how I would write it. You see I'm great at coming up with ideas but I can never get them down. I've tried but my impatiens makes it near impossible for me to do any good writing. I'm more or less asking people to write my story because I cant. Only take 10% credit any way and some times even less. I made the soarindash thing because 1. I only like Dash shipped with Soarin. 2. Only way to keep them from shipping dash with a female character because I find it sinful for religious reasons I don't want to get into.

Also from were I come from both terms would be considered correct.

Cool tell me when you have it available. PM me if you have any questions.

5248834 My only question is something Raylan brought up, the Father. It would make more sense for the father to be somepony other than Soarin', if he appears at all, but I am a bit confused about the specifying Soarindash, does that apply, or does it not matter?

5248830 Ok I'm gonna drop some truth on ya.

1.) You do not get to dictate what other people do with your ideas once you put them out there. You just don't. It doesn't matter how you would write it because you're not writing it! The only situation where you get to control content is if you commision a piece and thus the author works for you. It doesn't matter how much credit you take or what your views are. If you put your ideas out there for people to use, you loose creative control.

2.) Where are you from that "You have free range to do what you want" is correct? Free Rein or Free Reign can both be correct, depending on the level of grammar nazism you want to get into. BUT NOWHERE IS THE EXPRESSIONS FREE RANGE, (unless you're talking about livestock).

You don't have to have soarin be the father you can keep it anonymous. It's just preferred. I probably should have titled this thread write my story instead of idea. And I guess I should have mentioned that soarin would be the adopted father. Then I'm making the story even more strict. You know what I revoke these stories I'm better off trying it my self. Sorry for wasting your time.

Sorry for wasting your time too.

5249070 *sighs* Okay... darn, I was, actually kinda looking forward to writing this one, sorry, I just needed some clarification.

5249070 You can't revoke an idea, and these ideas aren't even original enough to own even if you could . I'm going to write a one shot of the second one, but the opening is going to be Rainbow Dash waking up to a mare she met last night at a club and then the two have sex again. And there's nothing you can do about it.

5249075 You can still write the story and you can do it without Sorin, this guy is not the boss of you and he can't dictate what you write.

5249091 I probably wasn't going to include Soarin', my plan was more to focus on the relationship between Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo.

5249111 Awesome, go write that story. The site can always use more Scootafics.

..... You know I'm not even going to argue.

5249232 I know you said to forget it, but I wanted to write this story, it should be up soon.

I'm fine with it I just don't want any association if it has same sex ships in the story. You were not the problem you were fine. The other person though he seemed to want to spite me. Also that was fast what are you a machine?

5253392 I'm going to be honest with you, I don't feel the same way about same sex ships that you do, I have my own reasons. I think a fair compromise is that I just do what I said I wanted to do anyway, don't include any shipping, just focus on the relationship between the two, which in my opinion is how this kind of story should be done anyway. If I write a sequel, maybe then, but the initial fanfic I wanted to avoid that.

Also no I'm not a machine, I just can write really quickly if I focus.

5253392 I don't want to spite you, I want to show you that you are wrong regarding your views on what you can tell authors to do with "your" ideas.

Your is in quotation marks because you certainly did not come up with ScootaDash fics.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20