Scootalove is Best Love 858 members · 379 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Hey, Scootalovers. I noticed a few stories getting added to the group that were "Scootalove" in the sense they were positive fan fiction about best CMC, but they were not about the Scoots+RD relationship. The rules, as they stand, require that Rainbow be a part of the story, and that their relationship be the primary focus.

That in mind, I am open to adding an additional folder, or two, for non-Dash Scootalove, but that's something we should discuss and something that ~CD~ should weigh in on.

:rainbowdetermined2:

doesn't scootalove cover anything with scootaloo not being homeless and someone taking her in? cheerliee is also very popular as a scootadopter.

Traditionally, yes. However, the group was initially setup to be about RD and Scoots specifically, and that is reflected on the main page.

Like I said, I'm open to adding more folders, but we'd need consensus and CD's opinion.

764604 i'd say go for it. There is no good reason not to do it except "ruining the original idea". Is there even a scootaliee group?

NavelColt
Group Admin

Don't really care for the idea, but I suppose we shouldn't limit it in that respect. Just a generic folder for non-Dash Scootalove is fine. The focus is Dash and Scootaloo, so we don't need to be catering to anything else.

Neat. "Non-Dash" folder added. All Scootalove that is not Dash/Scoots-centric can go in there. All stories are still subject to removal on discretion, though.

A bump.

Remember, please, that stories must be about Scootaloo, at the very least. The group was formed to mostly celebrate the Scootaloo/Dash trope, and has since expanded into accepting stories that don't always have Dash. However, just because Scootaloo is in a story, and she's happy, does not mean it belongs here. Scootaloo (and Dash) must be the focus.

Thanks, guys!

Making it a bit difficult to.add them then. Thought the whole point of Scootalove is archive stories that at the very least give her a happy ending.

No, the original point was to collect Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo stories that are happy, since Scootabuse was a hugely popular thing (it isn't really, anymore). That later got expanded to include ones where Dash wasn't a focus, but Scootaloo still was. Any broader than that and you can basically include any story where she's running around with the CMC or shows up for a second or two, and that is too much signal to noise.

It's right there in the group description:

Submissions to this group need to have both Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, and the submission should be about them or have them playing a prominent role.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9