Monster Hunter 227 members · 36 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Okay so I have been thinking of Monster Hunter/MLP Crossover.

It starts off with the CMC going on an normal adventure and as usual it doesn't turnout well. They thought that by stealing and using one of Zercora's strange and rare potions they could finally have their cutie marks permanently. Applebloom had the potion in her mouth when she tripped over a twig in the Everfree Forest. The bottle fell and broke turning everything around the CMC's completely white shattering the world they knew and having spiral around them.

The speed of which the world was transforming sent them for a loop and put them all to sleep. When they finally came to, they were in a completely different world.

Now, their mission is to change the world back to the way it was by finding the tree of harmony. Because that's the only thing that could restore order and harmony once again through the help of the main six, but the mane six lost their memories of the world of before, so they must convince them into somehow wearing on the elements of harmony once they find the tree and have them restore the world to the way it was. That would be quite the difficulty if there is a world full of flesh eating monsters.

The only way to find it is if they become true monster hunters.

The game only includes places and monsters from freedom unite and not any other later games because I haven't played them. So what do you guys think?

I'm open ears for any other suggestions.

clonezero
Group Admin

The obvious starter question here is why would Zecora have such a powerful potion just lying around? Personally I'm more inclined to think it did something else. If it's alright can you give more details about this potion or is there a mystery behind it that you feel a need to keep as a secret?

As for the the CMC having to be true hunters, is it necessary and plausible? The 3 of them are fillies and turning them into hunters is simply put a tall order not to mention not exactly required for their goal. From what I have read it seems like this will be some sort of "innocence lost" kind of story, and to me it's not the most interesting kind of story out there. I also think that this kind of story is excessively overdone considering our preferred source material.

But then again is that what you're trying to do? You said you wanted this to become a fun story and I can see that happening. The CMC thinking that the way to go is becoming monster hunter and things simply not going right, which probably can involve a lot of cart rides, as well as lot of scenes involving Lynians.

I can ramble and speculate a lot and not to mention I already have my own ideas I'd like to give but I think the important question for now is; what kind of story are you planning to make?

3200510 Good questions. That's was more or less a thought. :twilightsheepish: But I'm going for an epic adventure story. I could go for a fun, but I want people to read the story and experience awesomeness and mystery something that will have the readers think and want to read more of. I see you said that it has been overdone but I'm to throw anything out the window as long as I could start the story with a great idea that impact many. So what were the ideas you have. Credit is always given.

I want to be the go to for great adventure stories, so if you have ideas let me hear them :3

clonezero
Group Admin

Well I was thinking that they don't need to be hunters (because if you think about it you can just have any of the other ponies around be the hunters). I think it would be better and a testament of a stronger character if the three girls try ( and hopefully not fail) keep their positive and sunny outlook. Being the CMC they probably are gonna go around trying everything, probably at the expense of the nearest felyne. As for them being hunters; all I'm imagining is the hunter trainer guy face hoofing so hard as something they did.

Anyways about the potion bit, do you have an explanation as to how a potion has the capacity to change the world? This feels like something in Discord's alley, like maybe the CMC asked him for something he can do to help them get their cutiemarks or something.

And once inside the strange new world I think the EoH isn't exactly the way to go. I do think them going to the Harmony Tree is something they would think of doing, I just think it would be better if, instead of giving them the EoH, the tree gives them some sort of puzzle box of their own. (I think its best to leave the first box it gave to the mane 6 alone as that probably was meant for something else anyway.) And their adventures centers around figuring how to unlock the box, finding the keys, and learning what it takes to get to where they need to be.

And considering as this is meant to be a mix of the between both the world of MLP and MH I think this world doesn't need to be as savage as the one in MH. Ponies suddenly eating meat, and outright killing things not, not to mention wearing said kills is something you need to give good reason for. Fighting monsters is a definite must mainly because a lot of them are overly aggressive and territorial jerks anyway, ( and there should definitely be some sort of scene involving Rarity and Hermitaurs!) but finding some more "harmonious" ways of dealing with some of them should also be placed in.

Maybe something like this?

or this

And considering as this is meant to be a mix of the between both the world of MLP and MH I think this world doesn't need to be as savage as the one in MH. Ponies suddenly eating meat, and outright killing things not, not to mention wearing said kills is something you need to give good reason for. Fighting monsters is a definite must mainly because a lot of them are overly aggressive and territorial jerks anyway, ( and there should definitely be some sort of scene involving Rarity and Hermitaurs!) but finding some more "harmonious" ways of dealing with some of them should also be placed in.

Well yeah, I was going to make the eat meat. :twilightsheepish: Now, for them wearing the armors, the only reason I could think of them killing them to wear armors is for protection. Like for colossal monsters.

Anyways about the potion bit, do you have an explanation as to how a potion has the capacity to change the world? This feels like something in Discord's alley, like maybe the CMC asked him for something he can do to help them get their cutiemarks or something.

Hmm, maybe Discord could have given them the potion through them asking for help, and scootaloo trips on something bumping into appleboom that would make them drop the drink and boom the massive shift takes place.

Well I was thinking that they don't need to be hunters (because if you think about it you can just have any of the other ponies around be the hunters). I think it would be better and a testament of a stronger character if the three girls keep their positive and sunny outlook. Being the CMC they probably are gonna go around trying everything, probably at the expense of the nearest feline.

Agreed. :)

Maybe something like this?

Yeah, this looks like a great idea :D

clonezero
Group Admin

Okay then!

And Discord probably is gonna get scolded by Fluttershy somewhere down the road, if he really did have little fillies steal stuff.

3202226 Thank you, I think I'll get started on the outline :3 Still always open to some ideas :D

clonezero
Group Admin

Well if you have other stuff you want to discuss or need to brainstorm about then type away. Again do use the reply option whenever you do just in case.

3204805 Well, I do have another. I'm like a world building freak. Despite the ones I'm doing or helping to do now that are taking much time to build, I was wondering how could like a world building story for monster hunter freedom unite/ equestria would go and would most people be interested in creating stories off the universe?

clonezero
Group Admin

Well if you want other people to build stories using your world then you need to make it a bit more flexible.

From what I know only the CMC remain unchanged in this mixed world of yours, what you need is to later introduce other ponies who where unaffected by this change. My suggestion is whatever changed the world didn't have any affect on the the all the young ones everywhere. That would be an interesting dynamic.

The reason for this suggestion is that yes other writers can have their ponies go adventures in a world like but unless you you do something like this for an entry point then they won't need to associate themselves with YOUR world.

3204821 So what's the general idea for someone wanting to write something or include a story from their minds in my said world. Fallout Equestria has tons writing in well her built up world, but what makes it garaunteed for people to start doing as such?

clonezero
Group Admin

Fallout Equestria changed the whole world as well as the story line, it basically has its own history.

The problem with MH crossovers is that stories in it can be pretty much self-contained and there isn't a big storyline as the game itself didn't focus on those things. MH has always been about the action and the multiplayer experience IMO and as such.

But then again it was the great writing and popularity that made Fo:E great, while it would definitely be a tall order if you are able make the story compelling enough and make it an experience for everyone including people not into monster hunter then people would definitely make stories in that world.

You surely will need to focus a lot into world building as you said specially due to the fact that MH is not as popular as Fallout.

3204879 Hmm... that will take some work I'll see what I can start with an be back with you on it, but this is gonna take a period of years :P As with my other crossovers. World building takes time which I don't have too much of :3

clonezero
Group Admin

Focus on the main story and let the world building ideas come in by itself.

maybe an human turned ivory/abyssal lagiacrus or an rathalos:fluttershyouch:

>Ecocat<

3205039 You know I was thinking of doing it with crusaders but my mind just keeps on going for the darker settings and keep putting in the actual nature of the monsters, so it becomes difficult for me to put it in a lighter tone for the crusaders. :(

clonezero
Group Admin

Well to some degree it can't be helped considering the setting. The best way is to go about it is with damage control.

Basically something happens and it really hurts the girls hard. But with help from the ponies around them they soldier on.

I think its best to do this early on so you get more leeway down the road. It's a hard pill to swallow so better get it down quick.

You can also use this to let the cmc tell their story to the ponies of this world and of their plight.

I think their mentality should somewhere on the "I know this is the reality of this place but I still think it's wrong!" area.

Then to build upon this the cmc may try to teach these ponies the way of harmony and frienship or something (basically "their" way) in a bid to show these ponies another way to live. Probable reasons can be because their sisters do things like this all the time and doing this may get them their cutie marks.

And a scenario I'd like to suggest is the cmc adopting an egg/baby wyvern sometime in the story. Feels like something they'd do (their possible argument being:"Heck Twilight hatched a dragon egg why can't we, right girls?") They can also reason that fighting and killing each other is not the only way and does this to prove their point.

Now if you do this I highly suggest going with one from either the blos family(because their herbivorous) or a Jay Leno (they eat rock I think). Do this if you positively want them to succeed. Use a carnivore if you want them have a very hard time or want them to fail.

Well that's everything that I can think of atm, hopefully its helpful.:derpytongue2:

3388105 Yeah, thanks I'll use for further thinking :)

the cmc may die thats my job!!!!!!!!!!!:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:so nooooooooooope:pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

clonezero
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20