Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

I'm in need of a name for a monster hunting organization for my story Rarity Belle: Monster Hunter. Now it's not name after the Belle family, they didn't create the organization but were charter members of it. It's an organization currently run by the Equestrian government and functions like a mix of animal and pest control. Monsters that are bestial, such as your common bug bear and manticore for example are usually tranquilized, blindfolded and moved to areas where contact with ponies is limited or none, unless they've killed people in which case they're put down. Your equinoid monsters: vampires, werewolves, succubi, etc, are with some very VERY few exceptions are killed on sight.

Can anyone help me out here? Please?

Interesting. Admittedly sounds kind of like a Steven Universe fan group but interesting

Again I point out it wasn’t named after or founded by the Belle family, but they had a large part in the organization

In most cases of secret organizations it usually pays to have a front or “Face” company that has a real world impact and a hidden side that is only seen by the monsters and those that know about it.
That said would The Carousel be a good organization name or is that to far out there?

Hmmm...seems innocuous enough. But let’s says they go for this being a front to the monster hunting, what would it be? It’s not like the Hellsing organization was fronted by anything. It was clandestine at best

T.A.M.E
Tactical Assualt Monster Eliminators or Terror Avoidance And Monster Excavation.

S.T.O.R.M
Strategic Taming Over Rogue Monsters or System Task Operations Reckon Management
A.S.S.I.T
Abnormal Suvaliance Secruity Intellegence Team
P.R.E.Y
Parananorml Reconnaissance Evalutations Yield

true, but the Hellsing organization was funded by a private family that was wealthy beyond that of any other organization, likely because of the vampire they kept in their basement.
But you said this was likely to be a group organized by the government so in order to hide their dealings with monster hunters when the inevitable happened and the fighting spills out into the streets they can claim ignorance as all they purchased from the Carousel franchise was materials to make clothing.
Kind of like the weavers from Wanted also working as weapon manufacturers and ammo depots.

Harmony Overcomes Monsters Everywhere

H.O.M.E

And the English Government, as well as the fact Alucard MIGHT have fucked Elizabeth

W.H.E.M.
We Hunt Extreme Monsters:trollestia:

You could always use the one that's already in the MLP universe. . .

S. M. I. L. E.
The Secret Monster Intelligence League of Equestria

Well, many monsters could be considered creatures of the night so how about the Order of the Day, Order of the Light, or Order of the Rising Sun. Of course there is always the Order of the Eternal Taco if you like as well.

Hmm I could use these for when it was originally founded and not in the hands of the Equestrian government.

Spesial Division of Night Guard

Ooh you could have those be branches under the main organization!

well maybe not those exact names, but big groups like this tend to have several smaller groups that do something specific.

The whole organization is specialized in monster hunting what smaller units could they have

Well you already described two, one for non pony-shaped monsters, and one for the pony shaped ones. A further group could be dedicated to research and development of combat stratigies and weapons to combat monsters.

so sub divisions within a division dedicated to monster hunting?

that's a lot to keep track of

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27