Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

okay i'm really not sure how i ended up thinking this idea up but after finding out about goosebumps horror town the mobile game by scholastic i got interested in it. then i read up on the goosebumps film from four years back. the goosebumps film immediately brought to mind the enchanted comic for the power ponies episode and things kinda went from there.

so i decided to start a project taking a post high school graduation twilight sparkle and sunset shimmer from equestria girls into the world of goosebumps horror town which i'm thinking is the world of the manuscript used to seal the escaped goosebumps monsters at the end of the film. i mean if a comic could be enchanted to literally take people into the adventure why not novels. of course i literally grew up on goosebumps and this gives me a chance to test my knowledge of the books. but it's been a long while and i have not read all of the goosebumps books which is why i'm deciding to make this story a round robin. and knowing my little pony and having recently read the fanfiction with applebloom as a ghoul from story of the blanks finding out scootaloo is a changeling and sweetie is a robot well my mind went places.

that said if people want to write for this pm me for submitting chapters of the story if you are interested. and once things get to a certain point i'll start crossposting the story to either spacebattles or fanfiction for more content if needed. i will credit authors of the chapters in the story so it will be fair and so i won't accidentally steal credit where it's due. that said i'm a bit torn between titles for the story. i can go with either my little horror town, or adventures in horrortown.

my only rules are that twilight, sunset and spike have to stay in character along with any other mlp characters that appear in this as long as they can fit with the other side of the story from the horror town game. if you want to write specific characters let me know and i will try to make a list of who does what in this project. so if i add in story of the blanks applebloom as a human version you have to try and keep her in character as if she was part of the goosebumps series. i am watching a walkthrough of the game as my tablet is not working so i know the characters that are in the game currently. so far i will have tags be mystery for sure due to the many mysteries club in the game along with horror as it is goosebumps.

i will post the starting chapter soon and i want this to be ongoing for up to a lot of chapters but please keep the arcs to around six chapters and keep in mind how twilight and sunset would interact with the characters. it may revolve around them for the main story but the two are not going to be the only characters focused on as lucy dark is also a main character for this as she's the driving force behind uncovering the mysteries of horror town.

that said the goosebumps movie is canon to this as it explains why the town exists and why so many monsters are gathering to it over time. so if someone throws in references to the events of the movie that is allowed as long as it advances the story like twilight and sunset slowly getting bits of the story to explain how the monsters appeared and why the town exists and with twilight and sunset being avid readers themselves they might recognize r.l. stines works after a point of the story.

the goal for twilight and sunset is to keep people alive enough to figure out why they ended up in the situation and keep from getting the monsters from finding out about their own magic until the time is right. that said as the books say writers beware we are in for a scare.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1