Vamponies (and other supernatural creatures) 2,765 members · 1,115 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I'm sort of looking for some ideas/inspiration to help me with one of my stories.

So let's say there is a ghost who kidnaps someone with the intention of "marrying" the person by killing them and turning them into a ghost. Can you think of a peaceful or comedic way the story could end where the hero saves the individual from the ghost?

I have a few ideas but I thought I might ask to see if anyone else had any interesting ideas.

Perhaps there is a weakness ghosts have that can be used.

Beyond the obvious answer of "purifying salt" for the weakness bit, you could always have the hero end up accidently seducing the ghost, thus turning their macabre affections away from the initial victim. As long as you play up the inherent absurdity of the situation, it serves decently enough as comedy.

Use a midair parry slap.

Vacuum Cleaner
Dead Bird's feather for weaponized tickling.
Charisma Check
Seducing
Half of your body burned to death some time ago so its a ghost already and then you just grab them with your ghost hand (Scar Wraith)

6291093 I've seen Phantom of the Opera, but I don't recall their being ghosts in it.

6291111 I didn't know salt worked on ghosts, I thought that was just a demon thing (good to know *he says as furniture flies around the room*).

However I'm not sure the whole affection thing would work, mostly because both the protagonist and the ghost are the same gender and both are straight (hence why the ghost stole the protagonist's arm candy).

6291114 I'm not sure I understand the reference. :rainbowderp:

6291192 I have something like a vacuum cleaner. I didn't know ghosts could be tickled (that could be interesting). I like the DnD referene (at least I hope it's a DnD reference). Well, we've already covered seduction. I think it might be a bit too late for the protagonist to do that, especially with the life of their friend (hopefully future spouse) on the line.

I think mid air Parry slap refers to a certain level in Cuphead.
Yes, DND, though I never played it.
Scar wraith was a concept in the skinjackers trilogy, pretty cool and am surprised I only saw it once. The character question was a firefighter who got half his body burned away. The "dead" half became able to see and touch ghosts, though for some reason that I felt was completely circular, touching ghosts kills them.

Whatever works, I guess.

Use a vacuum cleaner.

Same as apple tank, the vacuum cleaner is the best choice if you choose anything else you are a failed writer. The fate of your story and your rep as an author rests in your hand's sir.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11