Pokémon Fics 1,668 members · 899 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

The Official Pokémon YouTube Channel decided to remind us of perhaps Ash's worst loss, the Battle against Tobias at the Lily of the Valley Conference.

But they also asked a pretty interesting question. "If you had to guess, besides Darkrai and Latios, which remaining four Pokémon were on Tobias' team?"

Anybody wanna take a shot?

7116316 Well based on the Pokemon he's already got, I'd say they'd be some form of legendary Pokemon. First, let's take out the Pokemon we know can't be his because there are only one of them. That's Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, the Weather Trio, the Lake Guardians, and Creation Trio. That just leaves Lugia, the Legendary Birds, Legendary Beasts, the Regis, Latias, Cresselia, Heatran And Shamin. I think he'd probably have Latias, since she and Latios are usually in pairs, Cresselia that allows him to sleep without nightmares, Heatran and possibly Shamin. Aside from having three Psychic types and two Psychic Dragon types, I think that's a pretty good team.

It wasn't Ash's worst loss, it was 'the time we made Ash too strong so we made up a Mary Sue with no backstory to beat him using two Pokemon'

I’d rather not. Tobias’ win against Ash should NOT have happened! He’s a Legendary using cheater!!! :flutterrage:

Metroid Prime
Group Admin

Clearly he also had a Latias, Cresselia, Arceus and Eternatus

This is why Game Freak should invent a Pokemon with a move that does double damage to Legendary Pokemon, like how Dynamax Cannon, Behemoth Blade, and Behemoth Bash deal double damage to Dynamax Pokemon. As a certain video game king would say, we need a monster to clobber them there Legendaries!

Though I agree with your sentiments, I think it’s a more accurate assumption to say that Tobias is, “the true player avatar, the most accomplished Pokémon Trainer the world’s ever seen, whose skill is so great that the legendary Pokémon acknowledge him and side with Tobias.”

It’s a little humbling to say that Tobias is meant to be us (the players of the games), because if we actually fought Ash with game rules, I’m sure its fair to say we would trounce our favorite protagonist…

I guess that’s inexplicably true to an extent...loathe I am as to admit it. Le sigh...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9