AppleDash 3,016 members · 1,089 stories
Comments ( 1873 )
  • Viewing 1,601 - 1,650 of 1,873
Tchernobog
Group Admin

4669620 The rubber-band verse? :trixieshiftright:

HapHazred
Group Contributor

4669808 Well, if it's going to be a verse of anything, it'd probs be something like the book-verse. Another story I wrote featured a magic book a bit similar to the Pursuit Informatio, except that it did completely different things.

I don't think I mind the idea of having my own little verse, though.

Comment posted by Scribble_Scrabble deleted Sep 5th, 2015
Tchernobog
Group Admin

4689349 can't be, these types of commissions have existed since before that was announced. Also, could you put that info behind a spoiler tag? Some people don't wanna know yet ^^;

Sorry. :twilightblush: Besides it hasn't been confirmed.

I figured I may as well join the bandwagon.:ajsmug::heart::rainbowkiss:

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

If you could be so kind as to spoiler (or move) it anyway...? I personally avoid spoilers like the plague (even if unconfirmed) and would really like to keep it that way. You gave some warning that it was a potential spoiler by stating the episode number, but I almost read too fast to stop myself. There's a spoiler thread for this exact sort of thing in case you hadn't seen it.

4690428 I am so sorry! Don't worry I removed it,

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

4690438 'Tis much appreciated.

Comment posted by MellowMabari deleted Jul 24th, 2020
HapHazred
Group Contributor

4704576 Scottish, actually.

And the hell is a cheez whiz?

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Clearly, it is a wizard who specializes in cheese and cheese-related spells.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

4704636 I should have known. My bad.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

it is kinda gross

HapHazred
Group Contributor

4704731 It's nothing to be ashamed of. Every culture worth its salt has a few disgusting food products people enjoy regardless.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Give me extra sharp cheddar or give me…!
Well, I'm not willing to actually die over it but yeah. Something like that.

Posted
Group Contributor

Tillamook Special Reserve Extra Sharp Cheddar. I always pick up a block of that and a bag of curds when I visit the coast. :pinkiehappy:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

4705122 I ignore buzzfeed, but the food tasting videos are hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

HapHazred
Group Contributor

4705035 My mother, when she was a student, took a year out in Hamburg, where she was encouraged to try a local delicacy.

Cow brains.

She's a vegetarian now. She's much happier.

I'm from the US too, but I've never heard of gravy in a can. I normally see it in pouches or made from scratch. :applejackunsure:

I think I'll stick with the Swedish fish candy. :pinkiesick:

bookplayer
Group Admin

We have gravy in a can in Maryland. It's usually near the soups, in with the broth-in-a-can.

When I was in London, I was staying in a hostel with no fridge for three months, so I spend forever searching for something like Country Time lemonade-- some drink powder I could just add to cold tap water or bottled water. At the time (fifteen years ago) I never found it, but I did find some kind of liquid juice concentrate thing.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

4707122 See, this is the point where I switch off my brain and decide that food is either a collection of molecules and atoms that will sustain me, or I decide that whatever it is or was is 'good eating', given the correct preparation.

Smarties (not sure if you have those in the States) have colourful shells that are made using ground up insect carapaces.

Black Pudding (which I'm certain you don't have in the States) is made using the dried up blood of cows, vampire style.

Gummy bears are made using animal fat. Imagine the process used for those.

Eggs are the unborn embryos or whatever of hens. They are also great with toast.

Unlike my parents, I am not a vegetarian. This is because, when faced with the considerable amount of disgust that eating a dead animal's corpse involves, I shrugged and declared that it 'tasted good'. I mean, how appetizing is squid, when you really think about it?

Squid is, incidentally, delicious when fried.

You can either fret endlessly about what things are, you you can enjoy what they are, if that makes sense.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Embryo implies that the egg could hatch. Most eggs eaten are infertile.
Therefore, it's actually the chicken equivalent of a period. :derpytongue2:
>squid is delicious

i can't read japanese this is probably lewd isn't it

HapHazred
Group Contributor

4707181 I'm not an egg scientist.

Shaddup, it's still gross when you really think about it.

As for the japanese, I have no clue. However, considering the previous comment had a picture of a squid, it probably couldn't be more fitting. What with, y'know.

The tentacles.

HapHazred
Group Contributor

4707285 I still draw the line at bugs, tho.

I have standards.

Oh, you mean this stuff?

There's also cream of mushroom, rice, tomato, and a bunch of other ones. If this is what you meant, it's not what we usually refer to as gravy.

Now thiiis...

Thiiis is gravy. :rainbowwild:

We have Smarties (though they're by far not my favorite candy).

I don't think I've heard of black pudding, but now that I know what it is, I probably will never try it.

I. LOVE. GUMMY BEARS.

Ooo, eggs. I prefer them scrambled, but fried is good too. When I was little, my parents also used to cook what is apparently called chorizo. It's a Mexican breakfast dish with spiced up eggs and sausage.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

If you don't want bugs, don't eat flour. :trollestia:
Smarties are different in Canada and Eagleland. In the USA they're small and a bit chalky, but in Canada they're like huge m&ms. What we call smarties they call rockets or something like that.
Also I don't even like gravy that much.

Posted
Group Contributor

If you don't want bugs, don't eat flour.

That is just extra protein. Though you can get flour made out of bugs... I still want to try that sometime.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

And the sound that we hear in our hearts is a crescendo

That is all.

Well, the first image is Campbell's brand so we probably have it somewhere here, but I've never seen it.

The second image is making me question why someone would put brown gravy on fries. White gravy is much better, haha.

And funny about the smarties and rockets thing:

So yeah, basically, what bahatumay said earlier. Same thing but different name apparently.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

I have eaten boiled cow stomach. I have eaten intestine. But there is no way I would ever put gravy on my fries. What the heck is wrong with people.

Absolute zero taste in internal organs from animals, for one. :applejackconfused:

White gravy on fries is a glorious thing though.

Actually, I don't suppose they have videos with Finnish foods? I'd love to see people's reactions to salmiakki or mämmi.

4705035 Yay! Surströmming is a very swedish dish. Never tried it personally though.

If you didn't notice, i am swedish.:twilightsheepish:

SHL

I'm posting this here because... well, it has to be the right place. I guess :twilightsheepish:

Mane6, the team that tried to make the game "Fighting is Magic" had moved forward and, with Lauren Faust as character designer, has launched the Indiegogo campaign for their definitive game: "Them's Fighting Herds"

Join me and a lot of people to help to make this game possible!

The Greenlight campaign in Stream is here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523129840

And this is the link for the Indiegogo campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/them-s-fightin-herds/x/12194159#/story

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I do wonder why that game takes so much money to get funded. It seems like it's not an overly intricate game, and previously they did it for free.

Posted
Group Contributor

Previously they couldn't sell it or it would have been shut down even faster. As for why they want money aside from the obvious, my guess would be forward looking projects. If they can get funds they will finish this and have money to start the next one and maybe transition into an actual developer.

One thing I would be curious to see is the funding profile for successful projects to get an idea if this one even has a chance. % of money gained in the first 48 hours, last 48 hours and in in between.

SHL

I did look this everyday since I did my part, 3 days after the start. And they already almost a 30% then, and keep growing.

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

That's actually a very small amount of money for what looks like five full time employees plus legal and asset expenses. Assuming a low salary of $40k per year for 18 months without benefits, that's already going to be about $360,000. Take out their 21% for legal fees and, well, it's over budget. They're likely going to be working for a much lower salary in order to pay for everything else, including backer rewards and shipping. It all adds up very quickly when you get serious about game development when you're no longer doing it in your free time.

Rangelost
Group Contributor

Assuming a low salary of $40k per year

I'm speechless.

• Viewing 1,601 - 1,650 of 1,873