Let's keep things quick, simple, and organized.
1) No way to control forum posting (in content or speed of posting) without making it impossible for regular members to make threads.
All of the following are viable fixes by themselves:
- Make a queue system available for forums as to prevent the butt rushing of posts.
1) No way to organize threads in large forums.
-Sub-forums (these should be treated like individual user accounts in the sense that people can pick and choose which sub-forums they want notifications from). (Note: Knighty has already been quoted saying something about implementing this.)
1) "I also suggest a Group Blog Post, so that admins can make mass group announcements as Blog Post-like elements so that even members who have Thread Notifications turned off can get a Group Blog notification."
2) There's no search function in the forums.
- Add a search bar in the forums.
3) Moderators have almost no power (this makes the moderator status nearly useless on the forums and leaves the admins the only empowered moderators).
- Allow moderators to issues strikes and to ban users in addition to modifying threads.
- Create a Thread Moderator title that give a member admin control in the threads but not of the group (such as front page editing).
4) No way to further narrow down story folders.
- Add an 'all' section to each story folder, and allow for sub-folders.
5) There's no search bar in the story folders.
- Add a search bar in the story folders.
6) There is no strike system for the forums.
- Add a strike system (allowing the admins to give warning and keep track of repeat offenders).
7) Admins and moderators do not have special icons to indicate they are so within the group.
- Add some indication that someone is a moderator or admin in group forums.
Meeester – Admin of: The Proofreader Group
Owlor – Admin of: The Writer’s Group
DapperjackHQ – Admin of: Human in Equestria
Alexander – Admin of: Struggling Authors
CosmicAfro – Admin of: The Writer’s Group
Tricondon – Admin of: Author Support
Hingard – Admin of: Authors Helping Authors
Tytyvm – Admin of: The Writer’s Group
Inky Jay – Admin of: Authors Helping Authors
Bronymaster – Admin of: The Proofreader Group, Author Support
vren55 – Admin of: Authors Helping Authors
Peregrine Caged – Admin of: Author Support, The Collab Cage
AnalyticalAnarchy – Admin of: X Becomes A Changeling