A few words about me:
I’m a writer, blogger, and group admin here on FimFiction. My favorite characters (and the ones I tend to write about) are Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Scootaloo, and Twilight Sparkle. My writing tends to be heavy on dialogue and I often give the characters a sense of humor in dramatic situations.
I often blog about writing, shipping, and fandom news. There’s a list of some of my most popular or interesting blog posts below. Make sure to glance at the comments, I have some brilliant folks reading my blog and some of the discussions have been better than the blog posts.
Recently I've run into some financial trouble, and have been asking folks to voluntarily subscribe to my blog in exchange for regular blog posts and some extras to show my appreciation.
You can find most of the info here: Open for Business
I’m also active in some of the shipping communities here on the site, and I’m an admin for the AppleDash and Intelligent Shipping Discussion groups. I tend to ship AppleDash, TwiJack, and a handful of other ships. I’m outspoken about ships I don’t like, but rest assured that I know those are just my opinions, and I’m friends with people who love even my most hated ships.
If you’re curious about AppleDash fics, or aren’t sure if you’ve given the ship a fair shot, this list is the place to start.
- Organized Shipping (Most Common)
- The Fillyfoolers
- It's quite simple, just love Church...
- AppleJack Ships
- Scootalove is Best Love
- Author Support
- Cutie Mark Crusaders
- The Collab Cage
- Serious Stories
- The Dreamers
- Daring Do
- The Group That Is Pretty Much Every Other Group Combined
- DC/Baltimore Bronies
- Scootaloo: Achievement of Flight
- Twilight's Library
- In A Little Group in Ponyville
- Fan Fiction Documentary
- The Coalition Against Adminless Groups
- Intelligent Shipping Discussion
- Almighty Bronies From Virginia
- The Mailbox (and related stories)
- The Good Shipping List
- bookplayer's Legion of... I Dunno
- School for New Writers
- FIMFiction Emote Extender
- The Writeoff Association
- The Coalition to Cure Ah-tism
- ISD: Ingenious Shipping Dialogue
- The Power of a Wish
- Fimfiction Editorial
- Twilight's Library Staff Forum
- Free Twilight Sparkle!
- Humans are Jake
- Coalition For Accuracy and Disclosure in Tagging
- A Tyranny of Twisted Truculence - Story Challenges for the Clinically Repressed
- Straight Shipping
- Over the Hill Authors
- Shipping Projects
- The Mailbox: Reloaded
- Alicorn Applejack and Other Amazin' Apple Stories
- Tag-a-long's Book Club Mockup
- Tag-a-long's Book Club
- Annoyed Bisexual Male Authors
- Apple Bloom is Best Pony
- You Might Like This
- A Quiet Part of the Orchard
- Club Nox
- A Clean, Well-Lit Place
- 19,758 words · 26,317 views · 2,215 · 30
- 8,035 words · 30,972 views · 2,634 · 37
- 8,218 words · 9,587 views · 1,180 · 16
- 18,646 words · 26,420 views · 1,882 · 29
- 35,581 words · 14,381 views · 965 · 13
- 2,670 words · 3,103 views · 508 · 5
- 58,995 words · 5,046 views · 571 · 11
- 3,509 words · 1,009 views · 98 · 0
- 10,607 words · 2,880 views · 297 · 5
- 124,433 words · 11,057 views · 824 · 28
Short Fics I Wrote
- In the Service of The Princess of Friendship Twilight knows what her role is. But her friends have roles to play too... maybe one too many. 1,762 words · 1,671 views · 276 likes · 5 dislikes
- Fit for a Princess The gold necklace Applejack's father gave her mother when he proposed wasn't expensive or flashy, but she loved it anyway. Now Applejack just has to convince herself it really is fit for a princess. 4,685 words · 1,986 views · 345 likes · 15 dislikes
- Apple Potpourri An anthology of scenes and short stories I've written that I didn't want to publish on their own for various reasons. They smell strongly of apples and spices. 8,062 words · 404 views · 79 likes · 1 dislikes
- Love Means Having to Say You're Sorry Applejack has brushed her mane, put a ribbon on her hat, and there's a sway in her step. Most ponies want to know who the special pony is, but Rainbow Dash has a more important question: Will AJ ever play horseshoes with her again? 7,402 words · 6,765 views · 675 likes · 27 dislikes
- Farce of Nature AJ and Big Mac try to leave with their dates, but first they have to go though Apple Bloom. 1,471 words · 3,443 views · 320 likes · 12 dislikes
Chapter Fics I Wrote -- Complete
- Good Ponies Don't... Do They? Applejack and Twilight have been dating for months, and they know that some things are worth waiting for. But when Rainbow Dash reveals that she and Rarity only waited two dates, both couples have to figure out what good ponies do when, and why. 8,400 words · 3,798 views · 601 likes · 44 dislikes
- The Homesteading After their wedding, Twilight and Applejack move into a newly converted barn on Sweet Apple Acres. But when strange things start happening, Twilight will have to discover the cause before they can call it home. 22,718 words · 2,510 views · 319 likes · 17 dislikes
- Best Young Flyer Scoot trains with Dash to be Best Young Flyer, but could something more develop? 32,833 words · 5,401 views · 470 likes · 7 dislikes
- The AppleDash Project A series of AppleDash scenes related to episodes. 32,044 words · 6,703 views · 538 likes · 20 dislikes
- Wet Feathers Applejack knew that long distance relationships are hard, but Rainbow Dash's dream-come-true is turning into a nightmare for her. With the newest Wonderbolt on the cover of magazines and tabloids, AJ decides if love is enough to hold them togeth 12,375 words · 7,183 views · 939 likes · 27 dislikes
Collabs I'm a Part Of
- Collab Cage Mini-Monthly January -- "What the hay happened last night?" The New Year can bring about great celebration and hope for a brighter future--it can also bring a little too much partying and forgotten memories. Join a variety of ponies and non who really just want to know... What the hay happened last night? 41,707 words · 647 views · 40 likes · 3 dislikes
- The Album A collection of 'snapshots', short stories that represent Moments in the lives of various ponies 104,710 words · 3,382 views · 541 likes · 10 dislikes
- At The Drop of A Hat A particularly strong gust blows Applejack's hat away. What follows is a chaotic chase across all of Equestria to retrieve it. 23,906 words · 1,496 views · 181 likes · 19 dislikes
- AppleDash Group Collab Mini-fics written by AppleDash members. 146,940 words · 2,981 views · 285 likes · 46 dislikes
- This I Believe What do you believe in? A series of shorts. 4,276 words · 620 views · 89 likes · 2 dislikes
Blog Posts I Wrote
If you’re looking for my most recent blog posts, click here!
I blog, a lot. And I know there are a few blog posts I wrote that people like to link to or refer back to. So here's a list of posts I've made that seem to get attention, or that I'm proud of and think people should read.
bookplayer states the obvious - in which I give myself (and anyone else who needs it) a lecture on what a writer can control.
To the reviewers and the reviewed- Writing advice for reviewers, about how to make authors want to hear from you, and for writers on when you should consider ignoring a review.
Tell, Don't Show. Yes, you read that right- Examples of some times where showing isn't the best thing for your story (no matter what EqD might tell you.)
How to Win Friends (And Influence Ponies?)- On why you should be writing blog posts, too.
The Writing Skill that Nobody Talks About- How to sell out in a way that's worthwhile.
Names for OCs and Background Ponies- A collection of pony names taken from paint chips. Paint colors make great pony names.
The Gone With the Wind approach to shipping - Where I explain why I really don't like FlutterDash, and am not nuts about RariJack, and list the ships I do like and why.
The one thing all romance/ship fics need to have - in which I discuss the importance of talking about stuff in a relationship.
How to recruit people to a ship- Where I admit that any ship can work, and explain how.
The intangible character in a romance- What if the ship itself is a character? Some thoughts on a different way of looking at ship fics.
Similarities and Differences in Shipping- A sequel to “The Gone With the Wind Approach to Shipping,” that goes into how various kinds of similarities and differences are important.
Bookplayer’s Guide to Shipping Etiquette- My guidelines for what to post where, when it comes to the controversial subject of shipping.
On the MLP:FIM Shipping Survey:
On Ponies and Fandom in General:
You like a girl show and that is SO AWESOME! - In which I compare ponies to classic girls book heroines.
My unsolicited thoughts on Rainbow Dash being gay - In which I rant against people who insult other people for thinking that Dash is/isn't gay, and give my own view on the subject based on Dash's personality.
My thoughts on canon, fanon, and Word of God- Um, what it says on the tin.
A thought about Twilight's change I haven't seen a million times before- My opinion on why Twilight might have needed wings.
Why Applejack is Awesome and Deserves More Fanfic- Where I outline how many interesting things there are about Applejack, so that people stop saying she's boring.
Five good reasons the best fics in fandom are not on EqD- Without bashing EqD, I point out why it misses a lot of good fanfics.
My Probably Incorrect Unified Magical Headcanon- A take on magic in Equestria that tries to take into account and explain everything we know from canon about magic and history.
Fanfic News That Doesn’t Affect MLP Yet- My reaction to news that Amazon.com is going to start legally selling certian kinds of fanfic.
bookplayer follows 119 members
- Sir Ginger
- Old Toby
- Brawney Hooves
- Bad Horse
- Twifight Sparkill
- Peregrine Caged
- Pinkie Primus
- The Collab Cage
- Gabriel LaVedier
- Not Worthy
- Steel Resolve
- Merc the Jerk
- Wanderer D
- Little Ponyville