A few words about me:
I’m a writer, blogger, and group admin here on FimFiction. My favorite characters (and the ones I tend to write about) are Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Scootaloo, and Twilight Sparkle. My writing tends to be heavy on dialogue and I often give the characters a sense of humor in dramatic situations.
I often blog about writing, shipping, and fandom news. There’s a list of some of my most popular or interesting blog posts below. Make sure to glance at the comments, I have some brilliant folks reading my blog and some of the discussions have been better than the blog posts.
I’m active in some of the shipping communities here on the site, and I’m an admin for the AppleDash and Intelligent Shipping Discussion groups. I tend to ship AppleDash, though I’m not opposed to TwiJack and a handful of other ships. I’m outspoken about ships I don’t like, but rest assured that I know those are just my opinions, and I’m friends with people who love even my most hated ships.
Fanfic Related Links:
The best fanfics I’ve found are listed on this tumblr. Feel free to check it out, and reblog the fics if you know anyone who might be interested.
If you’re curious about AppleDash fics, or aren’t sure if you’ve given the ship a fair shot, this list is the place to start.
Organized Shipping (Most Common) 1,336 stories
Shipping 5,272 stories
Appledash 68 stories
The Fillyfoolers 2,192 stories
Rainbow Dash 2,602 stories
Applejack 715 stories
AppleDash 506 stories
Scootaloo 1,464 stories
It's quite simple, just love Church... 7 stories
AppleJack Ships 75 stories
Scootalove is Best Love 156 stories
TwiJack 123 stories
Author Support 2,179 stories
Cutie Mark Crusaders 971 stories
The Collab Cage 114 stories
Serious Stories 302 stories
The Dreamers 198 stories
Daring Do 131 stories
The Group That Is Pretty Much Every Other Group Combined 2,718 stories
DC/Baltimore Bronies 0 stories
Scootaloo: Achievement of Flight 28 stories
Twilight's Library 6,222 stories
In A Little Group in Ponyville 71 stories
AppleDashLight 51 stories
Fan Fiction Documentary 0 stories
The Coalition Against Adminless Groups 0 stories
Intelligent Shipping Discussion 19 stories
Almighty Bronies From Virginia 5 stories
The Mailbox (and related stories) 2 stories
The Good Shipping List 170 stories
ScootaBloom 4 stories
bookplayer's Legion of... I Dunno 27 stories
School for New Writers 3,134 stories
FIMFiction Emote Extender 0 stories
RariDash 147 stories
Heistverse 4 stories
The Writeoff Association 36 stories
The Coalition to Cure Ah-tism 0 stories
ISD: Ingenious Shipping Dialogue 0 stories
The Power of a Wish 0 stories
Fimfiction Editorial 0 stories
Twilight's Library Staff Forum 34 stories
Free Twilight Sparkle! 2,232 stories
Humans are Jake 0 stories
Straight Shipping 1,710 stories
Over the Hill Authors 65 stories
Shipping Projects 5 stories
The Mailbox: Reloaded 1 stories
Applejack Fanfics 465 stories
Alicorn Applejack and Other Amazin' Apple Stories 1,356 stories
Short Fics I Wrote
- Tunnel of Love The Tunnel of Love is a magical and romantic place in the Everfree Forest, and Twilight intends to find out about it first hoof. But Twilight's hopes and dreams are tested when she tries to get Applejack to go there with her. 5,727 words · 2,241 views · 345 likes · 15 dislikes
- Daring Do and a Place Called Home Every time Daring Do visits the zebra she loves, she finds it harder to leave. 6,554 words · 1,763 views · 156 likes · 2 dislikes
- Love Means Having to Say You're Sorry Applejack has brushed her mane, put a ribbon on her hat, and there's a sway in her step. Most ponies want to know who the special pony is, but Rainbow Dash has a more important question: Will AJ ever play horseshoes with her again? 7,402 words · 5,773 views · 639 likes · 27 dislikes
- Of Cottages and Cloud Houses Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash both move into their first homes, and they aren't what they had in mind 4,641 words · 1,656 views · 181 likes · 1 dislikes
- Wisdom is Just Being Old Applejack is the last element left. But that's just life. 2,173 words · 1,515 views · 164 likes · 2 dislikes
Chapter Fics I Wrote -- Complete
- Good Ponies Don't... Do They? Applejack and Twilight have been dating for months, and they know that some things are worth waiting for. But when Rainbow Dash reveals that she and Rarity only waited two dates, both couples have to figure out what good ponies do when, and why. 8,400 words · 3,225 views · 549 likes · 44 dislikes
- The Homesteading After their wedding, Twilight and Applejack move into a newly converted barn on Sweet Apple Acres. But when strange things start happening, Twilight will have to discover the cause before they can call it home. 22,718 words · 1,933 views · 290 likes · 17 dislikes
- Best Young Flyer Scoot trains with Dash to be Best Young Flyer, but could something more develop? 32,833 words · 4,700 views · 437 likes · 7 dislikes
- The AppleDash Project A series of AppleDash scenes related to episodes. 32,044 words · 5,846 views · 493 likes · 20 dislikes
- Wet Feathers Applejack knew that long distance relationships are hard, but Rainbow Dash's dream-come-true is turning into a nightmare for her. With the newest Wonderbolt on the cover of magazines and tabloids, AJ decides if love is enough to hold them togeth 12,375 words · 6,526 views · 898 likes · 27 dislikes
Collabs I'm a Part Of
- Collab Cage Mini-Monthly January -- "What the hay happened last night?" The New Year can bring about great celebration and hope for a brighter future--it can also bring a little too much partying and forgotten memories. Join a variety of ponies and non who really just want to know... What the hay happened last night? 41,707 words · 537 views · 39 likes · 3 dislikes
- The Album A collection of 'snapshots', short stories that represent Moments in the lives of various ponies 102,654 words · 3,118 views · 535 likes · 10 dislikes
- At The Drop of A Hat A particularly strong gust blows Applejack's hat away. What follows is a chaotic chase across all of Equestria to retrieve it. 23,906 words · 1,208 views · 163 likes · 16 dislikes
- AppleDash Group Collab Mini-fics written by AppleDash members. 115,489 words · 2,452 views · 262 likes · 45 dislikes
- This I Believe What do you believe in? A series of shorts. 4,276 words · 526 views · 87 likes · 3 dislikes
Blog Posts I Wrote
If you’re looking for my most recent blog posts, click here!
I blog, a lot. And I know there are a few blog posts I wrote that people like to link to or refer back to. So here's a list of posts I've made that seem to get attention, or that I'm proud of and think people should read.
bookplayer states the obvious - in which I give myself (and anyone else who needs it) a lecture on what a writer can control.
To the reviewers and the reviewed- Writing advice for reviewers, about how to make authors want to hear from you, and for writers on when you should consider ignoring a review.
Tell, Don't Show. Yes, you read that right- Examples of some times where showing isn't the best thing for your story (no matter what EqD might tell you.)
How to Win Friends (And Influence Ponies?)- On why you should be writing blog posts, too.
The Writing Skill that Nobody Talks About- How to sell out in a way that's worthwhile.
Names for OCs and Background Ponies- A collection of pony names taken from paint chips. Paint colors make great pony names.
The Gone With the Wind approach to shipping - Where I explain why I really don't like FlutterDash, and am not nuts about RariJack, and list the ships I do like and why.
The one thing all romance/ship fics need to have - in which I discuss the importance of talking about stuff in a relationship.
How to recruit people to a ship- Where I admit that any ship can work, and explain how.
The intangible character in a romance- What if the ship itself is a character? Some thoughts on a different way of looking at ship fics.
Similarities and Differences in Shipping- A sequel to “The Gone With the Wind Approach to Shipping,” that goes into how various kinds of similarities and differences are important.
Bookplayer’s Guide to Shipping Etiquette- My guidelines for what to post where, when it comes to the controversial subject of shipping.
On the MLP:FIM Shipping Survey:
On Ponies and Fandom in General:
You like a girl show and that is SO AWESOME! - In which I compare ponies to classic girls book heroines.
My unsolicited thoughts on Rainbow Dash being gay - In which I rant against people who insult other people for thinking that Dash is/isn't gay, and give my own view on the subject based on Dash's personality.
My thoughts on canon, fanon, and Word of God- Um, what it says on the tin.
A thought about Twilight's change I haven't seen a million times before- My opinion on why Twilight might have needed wings.
Why Applejack is Awesome and Deserves More Fanfic- Where I outline how many interesting things there are about Applejack, so that people stop saying she's boring.
Five good reasons the best fics in fandom are not on EqD- Without bashing EqD, I point out why it misses a lot of good fanfics.
My Probably Incorrect Unified Magical Headcanon- A take on magic in Equestria that tries to take into account and explain everything we know from canon about magic and history.
Fanfic News That Doesn’t Affect MLP Yet- My reaction to news that Amazon.com is going to start legally selling certian kinds of fanfic.
1,142 members follow bookplayer
- The Ninja
- The Dusty Mop
- MC Hesher
- Diamond Sparkle
- Twifight Sparkill
- donald trump card
- Brawney Hooves
- Coyote Mustang
- Lone Ranger
- Mr Snowpony
bookplayer follows 110 members
- Sir Ginger
- Old Toby
- Brawney Hooves
- Bad Horse
- Twifight Sparkill
- Peregrine Caged
- Pinkie Primus
- The Collab Cage
- Gabriel LaVedier
- Not Worthy
- Steel Resolve
- Merc the Jerk
- Wanderer D
- Little Ponyville