A few words about me:
I’m a writer, blogger, and group admin here on FimFiction. My favorite characters (and the ones I tend to write about) are Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Scootaloo, and Twilight Sparkle. My writing tends to be heavy on dialogue and I often give the characters a sense of humor in dramatic situations.
I often blog about writing, shipping, and fandom news. There’s a list of some of my most popular or interesting blog posts below. Make sure to glance at the comments, I have some brilliant folks reading my blog and some of the discussions have been better than the blog posts.
I’m active in some of the shipping communities here on the site, and I’m an admin for the AppleDash and Intelligent Shipping Discussion groups. I tend to ship AppleDash, though I’m not opposed to TwiJack and a handful of other ships. I’m outspoken about ships I don’t like, but rest assured that I know those are just my opinions, and I’m friends with people who love even my most hated ships.
Fanfic Related Links:
The best fanfics I’ve found are listed on this tumblr. Feel free to check it out, and reblog the fics if you know anyone who might be interested.
If you’re curious about AppleDash fics, or aren’t sure if you’ve given the ship a fair shot, this list is the place to start.
Organized Shipping (Most Common) 1,180 stories
Shipping 4,482 stories
Appledash 62 stories
The Fillyfoolers 1,804 stories
Rainbow Dash 1,995 stories
Applejack 571 stories
AppleDash 498 stories
Scootaloo 1,223 stories
It's quite simple, just love Church... 7 stories
AppleJack Ships 61 stories
Scootalove is Best Love 145 stories
TwiJack 99 stories
Author Support 1,933 stories
Cutie Mark Crusaders 755 stories
The Collab Cage 105 stories
Serious Stories 265 stories
The Dreamers 179 stories
Daring Do 123 stories
The Group That Is Pretty Much Every Other Group Combined 1,908 stories
DC/Baltimore Bronies 0 stories
Scootaloo: Achievement of Flight 24 stories
Twilight's Library 5,800 stories
In A Little Group in Ponyville 68 stories
AppleDashLight 43 stories
Fan Fiction Documentary 0 stories
The Coalition Against Adminless Groups 0 stories
Intelligent Shipping Discussion 18 stories
Almighty Bronies From Virginia 2 stories
Changeling Panic! (MLP Mafia Game) 3 stories
The Mailbox (and related stories) 2 stories
The Good Shipping List 135 stories
ScootaBloom 2 stories
bookplayer's Legion of... I Dunno 26 stories
School for New Writers 2,352 stories
FIMFiction Emote Extender 0 stories
RariDash 116 stories
Heistverse 4 stories
The Writeoff Association 21 stories
The Coalition to Cure Ah-tism 0 stories
ISD: Ingenious Shipping Dialogue 0 stories
The Power of a Wish 0 stories
Fimfiction Editorial 0 stories
Twilight's Library Staff Forum 26 stories
Free Twilight Sparkle! 1,698 stories
Humans are Jake 0 stories
Rage Reviews! 435 stories
Straight Shipping 1,340 stories
Over the Hill Authors 5 stories
Short Fics I Wrote
- Tunnel of Love The Tunnel of Love is a magical and romantic place in the Everfree Forest, and Twilight intends to find out about it first hoof. But Twilight's hopes and dreams are tested when she tries to get Applejack to go there with her. 5,727 words · 1,665 views · 306 likes · 15 dislikes
- Daring Do and a Place Called Home Every time Daring Do visits the zebra she loves, she finds it harder to leave. 6,554 words · 1,515 views · 144 likes · 3 dislikes
- Love Means Having to Say You're Sorry Applejack has brushed her mane, put a ribbon on her hat, and there's a sway in her step. Most ponies want to know who the special pony is, but Rainbow Dash has a more important question: Will AJ ever play horseshoes with her again? 7,402 words · 5,125 views · 615 likes · 28 dislikes
- Of Cottages and Cloud Houses Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash both move into their first homes, and they aren't what they had in mind 4,641 words · 1,476 views · 167 likes · 2 dislikes
- Wisdom is Just Being Old Applejack is the last element left. But that's just life. 2,173 words · 1,335 views · 150 likes · 3 dislikes
Chapter Fics I Wrote -- Complete
- Good Ponies Don't... Do They? Applejack and Twilight have been dating for months, and they know that some things are worth waiting for. But when Rainbow Dash reveals that she and Rarity only waited two dates, both couples have to figure out what good ponies do when, and why. 8,400 words · 2,863 views · 516 likes · 45 dislikes
- The Homesteading After their wedding, Twilight and Applejack move into a newly converted barn on Sweet Apple Acres. But when strange things start happening, Twilight will have to discover the cause before they can call it home. 22,718 words · 1,600 views · 260 likes · 18 dislikes
- Best Young Flyer Scoot trains with Dash to be Best Young Flyer, but could something more develop? 32,833 words · 4,219 views · 403 likes · 8 dislikes
- The AppleDash Project A series of AppleDash scenes related to episodes. 32,044 words · 5,274 views · 459 likes · 20 dislikes
- Wet Feathers Applejack knew that long distance relationships are hard, but Rainbow Dash's dream-come-true is turning into a nightmare for her. With the newest Wonderbolt on the cover of magazines and tabloids, AJ decides if love is enough to hold them togeth 12,375 words · 6,175 views · 860 likes · 28 dislikes
Collabs I'm a Part Of
- Collab Cage Mini-Monthly January -- "What the hay happened last night?" The New Year can bring about great celebration and hope for a brighter future--it can also bring a little too much partying and forgotten memories. Join a variety of ponies and non who really just want to know... What the hay happened last night? 41,707 words · 518 views · 38 likes · 3 dislikes
- The Album A collection of 'snapshots', short stories that represent Moments in the lives of various ponies 101,515 words · 2,892 views · 521 likes · 10 dislikes
- At The Drop of A Hat A particularly strong gust blows Applejack's hat away. What follows is a chaotic chase across all of Equestria to retrieve it. 23,906 words · 903 views · 145 likes · 16 dislikes
- AppleDash Group Collab Mini-fics written by AppleDash members. 108,674 words · 2,177 views · 255 likes · 43 dislikes
- This I Believe What do you believe in? A series of shorts. 4,276 words · 490 views · 84 likes · 3 dislikes
Blog Posts I Wrote
If you’re looking for my most recent blog posts, click here!
I blog, a lot. And I know there are a few blog posts I wrote that people like to link to or refer back to. So here's a list of posts I've made that seem to get attention, or that I'm proud of and think people should read.
bookplayer states the obvious - in which I give myself (and anyone else who needs it) a lecture on what a writer can control.
To the reviewers and the reviewed- Writing advice for reviewers, about how to make authors want to hear from you, and for writers on when you should consider ignoring a review.
Tell, Don't Show. Yes, you read that right- Examples of some times where showing isn't the best thing for your story (no matter what EqD might tell you.)
How to Win Friends (And Influence Ponies?)- On why you should be writing blog posts, too.
The Writing Skill that Nobody Talks About- How to sell out in a way that's worthwhile.
Names for OCs and Background Ponies- A collection of pony names taken from paint chips. Paint colors make great pony names.
The Gone With the Wind approach to shipping - Where I explain why I really don't like FlutterDash, and am not nuts about RariJack, and list the ships I do like and why.
The one thing all romance/ship fics need to have - in which I discuss the importance of talking about stuff in a relationship.
How to recruit people to a ship- Where I admit that any ship can work, and explain how.
The intangible character in a romance- What if the ship itself is a character? Some thoughts on a different way of looking at ship fics.
Similarities and Differences in Shipping- A sequel to “The Gone With the Wind Approach to Shipping,” that goes into how various kinds of similarities and differences are important.
Bookplayer’s Guide to Shipping Etiquette- My guidelines for what to post where, when it comes to the controversial subject of shipping.
On the MLP:FIM Shipping Survey:
On Ponies and Fandom in General:
You like a girl show and that is SO AWESOME! - In which I compare ponies to classic girls book heroines.
My unsolicited thoughts on Rainbow Dash being gay - In which I rant against people who insult other people for thinking that Dash is/isn't gay, and give my own view on the subject based on Dash's personality.
My thoughts on canon, fanon, and Word of God- Um, what it says on the tin.
A thought about Twilight's change I haven't seen a million times before- My opinion on why Twilight might have needed wings.
Why Applejack is Awesome and Deserves More Fanfic- Where I outline how many interesting things there are about Applejack, so that people stop saying she's boring.
Five good reasons the best fics in fandom are not on EqD- Without bashing EqD, I point out why it misses a lot of good fanfics.
My Probably Incorrect Unified Magical Headcanon- A take on magic in Equestria that tries to take into account and explain everything we know from canon about magic and history.
Fanfic News That Doesn’t Affect MLP Yet- My reaction to news that Amazon.com is going to start legally selling certian kinds of fanfic.
1,062 members follow bookplayer
- The Ninja
- The Dusty Mop
- MC Hesher
- Diamond Sparkle
- Twifight Sparkill
- donald trump card
- Brawney Hooves
- Coyote Mustang
- Lone Ranger
- Mr Snowpony
bookplayer follows 105 members
- Sir Ginger
- Old Toby
- Brawney Hooves
- Bad Horse
- Twifight Sparkill
- Peregrine Caged
- Pinkie Primus
- The Collab Cage
- Gabriel LaVedier
- Not Worthy
- Steel Resolve
- Merc the Jerk
- Wanderer D
- Little Ponyville