A few words about me:
I’m a writer, blogger, and group admin here on FimFiction. My favorite characters (and the ones I tend to write about) are Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Scootaloo, and Twilight Sparkle. My writing tends to be heavy on dialogue and I often give the characters a sense of humor in dramatic situations.
I often blog about writing, shipping, and fandom news. There’s a list of some of my most popular or interesting blog posts below. Make sure to glance at the comments, I have some brilliant folks reading my blog and some of the discussions have been better than the blog posts.
I’m active in some of the shipping communities here on the site, and I’m an admin for the AppleDash and Intelligent Shipping Discussion groups. I tend to ship AppleDash, though I’m not opposed to TwiJack and a handful of other ships. I’m outspoken about ships I don’t like, but rest assured that I know those are just my opinions, and I’m friends with people who love even my most hated ships.
Fanfic Related Links:
The best fanfics I’ve found are listed on this tumblr. Feel free to check it out, and reblog the fics if you know anyone who might be interested.
If you’re curious about AppleDash fics, or aren’t sure if you’ve given the ship a fair shot, this list is the place to start.
Organized Shipping (Most Common) 1,142 stories
Shipping 4,214 stories
Appledash 59 stories
The Fillyfoolers 1,718 stories
Rainbow Dash 1,660 stories
Applejack 535 stories
AppleDash 491 stories
Scootaloo 1,158 stories
It's quite simple, just love Church... 7 stories
AppleJack Ships 57 stories
Scootalove is Best Love 138 stories
TwiJack 94 stories
Author Support 1,850 stories
Cutie Mark Crusaders 681 stories
The Collab Cage 102 stories
Serious Stories 249 stories
The Dreamers 172 stories
Daring Do 117 stories
The Group That Is Pretty Much Every Other Group Combined 1,737 stories
DC/Baltimore Bronies 0 stories
Scootaloo: Achievement of Flight 22 stories
Twilight's Library 5,517 stories
In A Little Group in Ponyville 68 stories
AppleDashLight 40 stories
Fan Fiction Documentary 0 stories
The Coalition Against Adminless Groups 0 stories
Intelligent Shipping Discussion 18 stories
Almighty Bronies From Virginia 2 stories
Changeling Panic! (MLP Mafia Game) 3 stories
The Mailbox (and related stories) 2 stories
The Good Shipping List 132 stories
ScootaBloom 2 stories
bookplayer: A Crook and A Playah 25 stories
School for New Writers 2,129 stories
FIMFiction Emote Extender 0 stories
RariDash 104 stories
Heistverse 4 stories
The Writeoff Association 21 stories
The Coalition to Cure Ah-tism 0 stories
ISD: Ingenious Shipping Dialogue 0 stories
The Power of a Wish 0 stories
Fimfiction Editorial 0 stories
Twilight's Library Staff Forum 18 stories
Free Twilight Sparkle! 1,326 stories
Humans are Jake 0 stories
Rage Reviews! 275 stories
Short Stories I Wrote
- Daring Do and a Place Called Home Every time Daring Do visits the zebra she loves, she finds it harder to leave. 6,554 words · 1,440 views · 140 likes · 4 dislikes
- Love Means Having to Say You're Sorry Applejack has brushed her mane, put a ribbon on her hat, and there's a sway in her step. Most ponies want to know who the special pony is, but Rainbow Dash has a more important question: Will AJ ever play horseshoes with her again? 7,402 words · 4,877 views · 602 likes · 25 dislikes
- Of Cottages and Cloud Houses Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash both move into their first homes, and they aren't what they had in mind 4,641 words · 1,320 views · 164 likes · 3 dislikes
- The Importance of Being Earth Ponies Applejack and Pinkie Pie teach Apple Bloom what's so special about being an earth pony. 2,345 words · 3,883 views · 342 likes · 3 dislikes
- Wisdom is Just Being Old Applejack is the last element left. But that's just life. 2,173 words · 1,274 views · 142 likes · 4 dislikes
Chapter Fics I Wrote -- Complete
- The Homesteading After their wedding, Twilight and Applejack move into a newly converted barn on Sweet Apple Acres. But when strange things start happening, Twilight will have to discover the cause before they can call it home. 22,718 words · 1,409 views · 244 likes · 18 dislikes
- Wet Feathers Applejack knew that long distance relationships are hard, but Rainbow Dash's dream-come-true is turning into a nightmare for her. With the newest Wonderbolt on the cover of magazines and tabloids, AJ decides if love is enough to hold them togeth 12,375 words · 6,088 views · 853 likes · 26 dislikes
- The AppleDash Project A series of AppleDash scenes related to episodes. 32,044 words · 5,127 views · 451 likes · 20 dislikes
- Best Young Flyer Scoot trains with Dash to be Best Young Flyer, but could something more develop? 32,833 words · 4,078 views · 398 likes · 9 dislikes
Collabs I'm Part Of
- Collab Cage Mini-Monthly January -- "What the hay happened last night?" The New Year can bring about great celebration and hope for a brighter future--it can also bring a little too much partying and forgotten memories. Join a variety of ponies and non who really just want to know... What the hay happened last night? 41,707 words · 505 views · 38 likes · 1 dislikes
- The Album A collection of 'snapshots', short stories that represent Moments in the lives of various ponies 101,515 words · 2,855 views · 517 likes · 9 dislikes
- AppleDash Group Collab Mini-fics written by AppleDash members. 107,342 words · 2,075 views · 240 likes · 40 dislikes
- I'll Love You To Tartarus and Back - AppleDash Group Collab 100th Prompt Special A collab featuring 23 writers, who all came together to create a story of loved ones lost... and a long-shot at seeing them one last time. 24,478 words · 996 views · 105 likes · 7 dislikes
- This I Believe What do you believe in? A series of shorts. 4,276 words · 468 views · 84 likes · 2 dislikes
The Elements of Harmony have decided to offer advice to other ponies, griffons, mules, cows, humans and any other creature capable of more-or-less sentient thought!
Just ask them a question about life, friendship, love, the best time for planting, how to keep a nice sheen on your wings, the proper etiquette for an airship launch, or anything else they can help with. They do love to help. (The ponies are not answering personal questions about themselves at this time.)
How do you ask a pony? Submit your request for advice here: Ask a Pony!
The Ponies Answer:
Part Seven... coming soon?
Blog Posts I Wrote
If you’re looking for my most recent blog posts, click here!
I blog, a lot. And I know there are a few blog posts I wrote that people like to link to or refer back to. So here's a list of posts I've made that seem to get attention, or that I'm proud of and think people should read.
bookplayer states the obvious - in which I give myself (and anyone else who needs it) a lecture on what a writer can control.
To the reviewers and the reviewed- Writing advice for reviewers, about how to make authors want to hear from you, and for writers on when you should consider ignoring a review.
Tell, Don't Show. Yes, you read that right- Examples of some times where showing isn't the best thing for your story (no matter what EqD might tell you.)
How to Win Friends (And Influence Ponies?)- On why you should be writing blog posts, too.
The Writing Skill that Nobody Talks About- How to sell out in a way that's worthwhile.
Names for OCs and Background Ponies- A collection of pony names taken from paint chips. Paint colors make great pony names.
The Gone With the Wind approach to shipping - Where I explain why I really don't like FlutterDash, and am not nuts about RariJack, and list the ships I do like and why.
The one thing all romance/ship fics need to have - in which I discuss the importance of talking about stuff in a relationship.
How to recruit people to a ship- Where I admit that any ship can work, and explain how.
The intangible character in a romance- What if the ship itself is a character? Some thoughts on a different way of looking at ship fics.
Similarities and Differences in Shipping- A sequel to “The Gone With the Wind Approach to Shipping,” that goes into how various kinds of similarities and differences are important.
Bookplayer’s Guide to Shipping Etiquette- My guidelines for what to post where, when it comes to the controversial subject of shipping.
On the MLP:FIM Shipping Survey:
On Ponies and Fandom in General:
You like a girl show and that is SO AWESOME! - In which I compare ponies to classic girls book heroines.
My unsolicited thoughts on Rainbow Dash being gay - In which I rant against people who insult other people for thinking that Dash is/isn't gay, and give my own view on the subject based on Dash's personality.
My thoughts on canon, fanon, and Word of God- Um, what it says on the tin.
A thought about Twilight's change I haven't seen a million times before- My opinion on why Twilight might have needed wings.
Why Applejack is Awesome and Deserves More Fanfic- Where I outline how many interesting things there are about Applejack, so that people stop saying she's boring.
Five good reasons the best fics in fandom are not on EqD- Without bashing EqD, I point out why it misses a lot of good fanfics.
My Probably Incorrect Unified Magical Headcanon- A take on magic in Equestria that tries to take into account and explain everything we know from canon about magic and history.
Fanfic News That Doesn’t Affect MLP Yet- My reaction to news that Amazon.com is going to start legally selling certian kinds of fanfic.
Ongoing Stories I Am Following
- Awkward, But Worth It Snippets of the lives of Rainbow Dash and Applejack. Time and again, they discover that this phrase accurately describes falling in love, being in love, and life in general. 57,578 words · 1,620 views · 201 likes · 13 dislikes
- Outpoint Jack Apple prepares to enter the ring against one of the biggest challenges the world has to offer. Her only hope is relying on her new-found friend and manager, Twila Shields of Camelot, to get her prepared. 8,488 words · 465 views · 73 likes · 9 dislikes
- Where Would Rainbow Dash? Memories are the soul of the self; it defines the past, shapes the present, and guides the future. But what's a pony to do when she's convinced her memories are real? 57,263 words · 2,358 views · 279 likes · 18 dislikes
- Tenacious Dash Applejack and Rainbow Dash start a rock band. 167,295 words · 1,288 views · 93 likes · 7 dislikes
1,007 members follow bookplayer
- The Ninja
- The Dusty Mop
- MC Hesher
- Diamond Sparkle
- Twifight Sparkill
- donald trump card
- Brawney Hooves
- Coyote Mustang
- Lone Ranger
- Mr Snowpony
bookplayer follows 101 members
- Sir Ginger
- Old Toby
- Brawney Hooves
- Bad Horse
- Twifight Sparkill
- Peregrine Caged
- Pinkie Primus
- The Collab Cage
- Gabriel LaVedier
- Not Worthy
- Steel Resolve
- Merc the Jerk
- Wanderer D
- Little Ponyville
- The Importance of Being Earth PoniesApplejack and Pinkie Pie teach Apple Bloom what's so special about being an earth pony.2,345 words ·3,883 views ·342 likes ·3 dislikes
- A Fact for TwilightWhen Applejack asks Twilight on a date, Twilight realizes something about AJ that she never noticed.5,173 words ·8,226 views ·994 likes ·16 dislikes
- Love on the Acers of Sweet ApllesFrom BronyCon 2013, the second worst fic submitted for Hoof of Argon. Cheerilee and Big Mac fall in love among rocks, muscles, and eyes.1,009 words ·758 views ·70 likes ·5 dislikes
- The HomesteadingAfter their wedding, Twilight and Applejack move into a newly converted barn on Sweet Apple Acres. But when strange things start happening, Twilight will have to discover the cause before they can call it home.22,718 words ·1,409 views ·244 likes ·18 dislikes
- Somepony's DaughterApplejack and Rainbow Dash have a heart to heart while waiting for a train.2,450 words ·3,328 views ·321 likes ·6 dislikes
- Love Means Having to Say You're SorryApplejack has brushed her mane, put a ribbon on her hat, and there's a sway in her step. Most ponies want to know who the special pony is, but Rainbow Dash has a more important question: Will AJ ever play horseshoes with her again?7,402 words ·4,877 views ·602 likes ·25 dislikes
- Foal's LuckRainbow Dash and Applejack seek Twilight's help in having a foal. 15,019 words ·3,818 views ·362 likes ·22 dislikes
- Good Ponies Don't... Do They?Applejack and Twilight have been dating for months, and they know that some things are worth waiting for. But when Rainbow Dash reveals that she and Rarity only waited two dates, both couples have to figure out what good ponies do when, and why.8,400 words ·2,520 views ·481 likes ·44 dislikes
- How To Do A Sonic RainboomThe one lesson Rainbow Dash never taught Scootaloo, and how Scoot learned it.2,416 words ·2,404 views ·195 likes ·6 dislikes
- Best Young FlyerScoot trains with Dash to be Best Young Flyer, but could something more develop?32,833 words ·4,078 views ·398 likes ·9 dislikes
- Wisdom is Just Being OldApplejack is the last element left. But that's just life.2,173 words ·1,274 views ·142 likes ·4 dislikes
- Daring Do's and Don'tsRainbow Dash writes to the author of Daring Do to let her know how the stunts work in real life.2,181 words ·1,372 views ·142 likes ·4 dislikes
- Of Cottages and Cloud HousesFluttershy and Rainbow Dash both move into their first homes, and they aren't what they had in mind4,641 words ·1,320 views ·164 likes ·3 dislikes
- Daring Do and a Place Called HomeEvery time Daring Do visits the zebra she loves, she finds it harder to leave.6,554 words ·1,440 views ·140 likes ·4 dislikes
- Wet FeathersApplejack knew that long distance relationships are hard, but Rainbow Dash's dream-come-true is turning into a nightmare for her. With the newest Wonderbolt on the cover of magazines and tabloids, AJ decides if love is enough to hold them togeth12,375 words ·6,088 views ·853 likes ·26 dislikes