Another Update · 2:18am
Several things I want to get off my chest in this post. A little update on where I am, where I want to be, and what I'm doing to get there for you guys.
First and foremost, something I would like to bring to your attention. I have cancelled and deleted The Apprentice, the Student, and the Charlatan - Side Stories. When I started writing it, I had this awesome idea. I was like, "You know what would be cool? If I wrote little side-ditties about Nova!" And the first chapter was posted and it was alright. Not my best effort, but not my worst. Problem is, by its very nature, since none of the stories relied on the other, I jumped on about five at once. Doesn't work so well. Deleted because I was going nowhere with it and it wasn't necessary to keep for any reason. I kept The Legacy of Twilight for several reasons, including because of the possibility that one day, I might come back to it, but here? Slim to no chance. So, as I normally do when I cancel things, I'll give you an idea at what I had written and what I still had planned to write.
* Aegis and Trixie would go on a casual event where two (not quite) best friends can hang out in a completely platonic manner.
* A chapter dedicated to Nova being a professional bill-blocker in the House of Lords (a la the House of Representatives Republicans to President Obama, not that I mean any offense to conservative readers)
* Twilight and Nova accidentally swap genders. Oh, the fun I wanted to have with this chapter...
* Nova meets his mirror-self from the "Reflections" arc. So much more fun I could have had.
* A "what if?" chapter, where Nova and Twilight journey through the mirror to see a universe where he had never run away, and Ray had been a good father. He and Twi would have been introduced at a posh party by their parents, and they would have been happily married with children in Canterlot those years later.
* A Clover chapter, detailing her ever-increasing frustration with Nova, and leading to her realizing what his problem is.
* Nova visits the family catacombs, including what I had planned to be the crypt of his dead sister (I will admit, I got the idea from The Study of a Winning Pony). Dunno if I ever will implement her (she doesn't even have a name right now, actually). Time will tell.
So that is that. Which leads me to Number 2. Two stories are in the works. Red Nocturne, which is in the midst of Chapter 2, and an unnamed one I'm still expanding the premise of. But be forewarned. Almost everything will be based on something popular (but no, it will not be a crossover. It will be an adaptation). The plot, the characters, the humor, etc. But the word is "based." It is rather hard to rip off characters with such flexible personalities, but I have said too much already. A writer has to keep some secrets if he wants a good plot twist or two.
But I've decided that neither of these stories will see the light of FIMFiction until Starbound is done or almost done, and EIOW has been progressed a few chapters more. The less mired I feel in telling these stories, the easier it will be for me to write new ones.
Anyway, it's been a productive weekend with IRL things, so I figured I'd add to the productivity of it on here. Now that that is taken care of, I have writing to do.
Rytex out. Have a good day!