Spaceships. Some of you will know exactly what this picture is about, others not so much. This is a video-game blog, so if that doesn't interest you then you have been warned in advance. If you don't want to hear my speech in its entirety, and just want to skip to the point, scroll down until you hit bold text and a link. I'm not going to make it any easier than that for you, lol.
I have recently picked back up a remarkable game called EVE Online, which I am sure plenty of people have heard of. If you've heard of it, but never played it, you're probably thinking about closing this blog right now and ignoring me, because people say a lot of terrible shit about this game. They don't know what they're talking about, but sadly the majority of people like to stick to more conventional MMO's and badmouth it without ever giving it the old college try.
The only reason I'm mentioning it isn't to sing the game's praises. It's to ask around and see if anyone else is interested in playing it, and joining me in my great star crusade. If one thing is true about what all the haters say, it's that this game can be very difficult, especially for new players. But the most difficult thing of all about this game is that space is a very, very big place, and it gets lonely. I can't conquer the universe myself, you know?
This game requires friendship, loyalty, teamwork, and determination. Something that most MMO's these days can't say for themselves, and something no single player game can say. This game is so based on the ideals of player interaction and cooperation, in fact, that it's not even worth playing without people in your corner. That is the one, absolute negative thing I can say about it, and it is the position I find myself in now.
I recently joined up with a few of the other bronies in the community who already play the game, and have formed a small 'corporation', the EVE version of a guild. The problem is that it's small, and small groups are limited in their opportunites in EVE. I would like to offer anyone who is interested a chance to try the game for free, and see if it's something you consider to be worth your time. If you like it, we bronies in space could really, really use your help.
I can offer anyone who's ever wanted to try the game an opportunity to do so. If you've played before, gotten dicked by the game community, and decided it was boring, change your mind and click this link. I think you'll like my offer.
This link will give you 21 free days of game time on a new account. That's a pretty big step up from the shitty 14 days they give you on their own.
Now, let me explain why you should click that link and consider this game offer seriously:
1) I will personally teach you everything you need to know to get started, and won't let you struggle through it on your own.
2) I will help to fund you in-game. If you want to do something, I will pay for you to do it.
3) I will run missions with you, mine with you, PvP with you. Even if it means I make no money doing it, as long as you aren't bored. I will keep you entertained, and busy.
4) I will turn you into a fucking space billionaire, whose ship is so spectacular people piss their pants and drool simultaneously when they behold it.
5) Most of these kinds of game offers give the person who supplies the link something when people register. This does too, except here's the thing... it will give me an in-game item that gives a full free month of game time when used. As in, you can buy it with in game money, and pay for your subscription that way. Every person who registers will give me one of these thingies.
Rather than selling it, or using it myself, I will hold on to it, and use it for you, if you register. That means that I will give you that free month for yourself.
Notice that means I don't get shit out of you subscribing, not in the traditional sense. I'm much more interested in playing with all of you than in catering to self-interest, and I'm not going to lose sleep over it. So, really, I'm offering you the chance to play this game with a great group of people (you know who they are, you're one of them here) in space. And you can play for just shy of three months for the cost of one. That's a pretty freaking good deal.
What I want from you in return, if you decide to play, is pretty simple:
1) I want you to enjoy yourself. If you take the trial and don't like the game, tell me.
2) I want you to actually play. A lot of people sign in, can't figure out what to do, and sign back out. I won't let that happen to you, but you have to make an effort to be active.
3) I want you to listen to me in the game. I'm not going to boss you around, but respect your effing elders. It will only help you.
4) Be willing to learn. This game is so dynamic, there is a ton to learn, teach, and do. I can help you with it all, without exception, as long as you have the drive to learn.
That's all I want from you. Don't join me in space if all you want to do is talk to me. If you want to do that, send me PMs or add me on skype, I'm a pretty sociable guy. I love chatting as much as the next guy, but in game I don't need social butterflies, I need pilots. That's not to say we won't talk a shit-ton in game, but you get the picture. Make an effort, don't just float around because antigravity is cool and run your mouth about it.
This game is not easy. It is difficult, and it will not coddle you like WoW, or Rift, or Terra, or whatever else you have tried to play before. This game takes time and effort, like video games used to for consoles in the nineties. It will challenge you, enlighten you, and sometimes piss you off. Sometimes it will bore you, sometimes you will sweat bullets. Sometimes you will profit, and sometimes you will lose out. This is not a game for the casual player. This is a game where the bonds you make with the people in your guild, your corporation, will define your gaming experience, for good or for ill.
So, if you are even remotely interested, and your computer can handle it, click that link, download the game, and play for free for a few weeks. Send me a PM if you decide to try it. If you're not sure, and want more information, send me a PM anyways. I'll chatter about this all day if I have to.
It's a great game, but you get out of it what you put into it. Here's hoping some of you will get yourself a pair of wings and help me shoot haters in space. They're out there, putting bounties on us daily just because we're bronies, and I'm not kidding. Bring some guns, and shoot them in the face, like you always wanted to.
This is your chance to be a galactic force for pony. Don't fuck it up.