Update · 7:05pm
Straight to the point:
I'm sorry. Dropping off the face of the site was a rude and other words of description you can add at your leisure.
Now, a brief summary of what happened during these months of silence.
- My WoW guild left for SWToR
- I joined an pony RP room to get some dialogue training, but soon found out that the most verbal ones spell the plural form of "pony"... as the word with a "'s" on the end. It's making me twitch whenever I see it.
- That was balanced by someone who's either an Oxford professor or a truly refined gentleman. Or an alien. By Luna, that man has a way with words. My vocabulary was doubled.
- After much pointless self pitying and a rather arrogant attitude that it's my call if the story is considered bad my life got back on track.
- I wrote and rewrote the first chapter so many times without actually finishing it, which was and is stupid. And then I discovered Zefrank.
Remove the "audience" part of that and it can be applied to writing/drawing as well.
- I'm publishing it when I feel comfortable I'll actually finish the story. I've already done the "write a story and then quit before it ends" once, and that's one time too many.
- To get myself writing more often, I've asked a few people to bother me with getting things done, even people at work. Judging by how happy they were to do just that, I'm not completely sure if it was a good idea or not. Got me writing though.
- I had pizza today. That has nothing to do with this.
Also, it's more of a reboot than a rewrite now. Slashfalafel.