About Season 3, Episode 3. What has become known as "The Derpy Backstory Episode" even though we don't know if we'll get more than an accident caused by her to be fixed by the Mane 6 while she tries to fix it, too, in her own special way.
Regardless, I just realized something: The voice. Oh Goddesses, her voice. No matter what, somebody's going to be upset. These are the facts:
1) Regarding her original, boyish voice in 'The Last Roundup': Her voice actor thought she was reading for a... oh to hell with subtleties! A mentally challenged(there, I said it) STALLION. This is fact. She revealed her mistake by tweet AND interview later.
2) After some sensitive arguments, the commercial version of 'The Last Roundup' were edited, quite badly, I might add. Dash's voice was not blended into the audio like it should have been, showing some very choppy and quick work. ... *ahem* Sorry. Ditzy's eyes were set straight, no name was mentioned for the mare, and a whole new voice was assigned to her. Also badly edited.
3) Bronies outraged. Literally ran through the streets with Applejack pitchforks(do those exist? 'Cause now I want one.) demanding that "their Derpy" be set right. Eventually, she was. I think. I was a bit disconnected from the community at that time.
Now, as far as I can tell, there are three possible outcomes of this new episode that we can expect:
1) Ditzy(Listen to the Winter Wrap-Up episode carefully, you'll see why I prefer to call her Ditzy Doo) will have her original, accidentally boyish voice, which may or may not trigger option 2.
2) Ditzy will get the "new" voice they tried to hoist on us in the (horribly done) edit. This WILL cause another outrage, which may or may not be addressed, this time.
3) Ditzy's original voice actor(who was not, let the record show, the one who spoke for the edit) will speak again, only this time as though she were reading for a mare, instead of a stallion like she was the first time.
In option one, the people who were upset the first time will be upset. In option two, the Bronies will be upset.
I for one am hoping for option three, as it gives the chance for both parties to be satisfied.
I will say one last thing before disappearing for an indeterminate amount of time to sleep, eat, and write(not necessarily in equal or appropriate amounts): If they, without a shadow of a doubt, confirm her name as..*shudder*.. Derpy Hooves, then I will be very surprised. If her voice doesn't get a negative response from the voice-change fiasco, then that name certainly will! Hasbro is going to be in big trouble if she takes that name, and we don't want Hasbro in trouble. So, no matter what name you support, cross your fingers for Ditzy Doo, or even some other nice name that won't get Hasbro sued.
Your Hero of the Free,