#ponydnd · 12:30am
So I've made a new IRC channel called #ponydnd. Believe it or not, it's a safe-for-work RP channel! As a legit channel, it has rules.
1) I am the dungeonmaster. What I say, goes.
2) Regular RP rules. You need these.
No autohitting (-stabs- is a huge NO-NO! Phrase it so it doesn't sound like you are sure to make the hit!)
Not rofldodging (Faced with an unavoidable attack? Don't miraculously dodge it. Take the hit.)
3) What the dungeonmaster says, goes.
4) I'm picky about narrative. Use third person present tense at all times for actions.
5) No metagaming. This includes knowing the name or other info of a pony your character has never met.
6) Don't be overpowered. Use common sense; if Twilight Sparkle can't do it, there's not a chance in Tartarus you can.
7) You can't be Starswirl the Bearded, or any of the Mane Six. Or an alicorn. Need I even say this?
8) Please refrain from adding useless information. If the other characters can't know it, see it, or hear it themselves, don't tell us in your descriptions. This rule is here to add realism.
9) No roflreviving, death is FINAL, unless I give special permission and then, only under my supervision.
10) Don't rage because you got hit or something. It's immature.
11) I am the only one who can play Starswirl the Barded, any of the Royal Princesses, etc.
12) When I'm not around, AAAAAAAB is the temporary dungeonmaster. Lunknit is the go-to guy for roleplay advice, as he has RPed on Runescape in the past. (The game I WISH I could still play but requires a new version of java. Yeah, fuck you too, Jagex.)
If you're confused about symbology, here's the usage of various RP symbols:
This is normal speaking, in-character.
~These are thoughts.~
>This is a whisper<
<This is a shout!>
-This is an action. KAPOW!-
=(From Starswirl to Target Pony) This is telepathy. Don't use it unless you're actively using telepathy in-character. If you're simply thinking, see above.=
This is in the Royal Canterlot Voice
[Old Equi: This is in a different language from the Common tongue most characters present are using. If your character doesn't know this language, this is all gibberish.]
(This is out-of-character)