• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 57,431 Views, 9,323 Comments

MLP Time Loops - Saphroneth



Twilight Sparkle has been here before. In fact, she's been here so often she's thoroughly bored. Time Loop stories for Equestria.

  • ...
92
 9,323
 57,431

PreviousChapters Next
MLP Loops 176


176.1 (ORBSyndicate)

Gravity Falls: Friendship is Magic 10: The Grrrrrreat and Powerful Trrrrrixie!


“Come one, come all, to the Grrrrreat and Powerful Trrrrrixie’s show of mystery and magic!” The blue-colored human snapped her fingers, causing her tiny traveling cart to literally explode into an open stage. “Grrrravity Falls! Prepare to be utterly and completely AMAZED!”

The people of the town clapped excitedly. “THIS IS AMAZING! WE’VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE!”

Trixie disappeared in a puff of smoke, reappearing suddenly with a rabbit in her hand. She then stuffed the rabbit into her fancy hat, shook it around, and produced a storm of butterflies. She smirked, snapping her fingers, causing two large swords to appear in either of her hands. She threw them into the air, and they didn’t come down. She snapped her fingers once more, causing the swords to fall to the stage. The blades hit a loose board, causing it to flip around in circles, launching a package of peanut butter crackers into the air. Trixie grabbed them, and began to much and bow at the same time.

“This is just a taste of what you can see at the Grrrrrreat and Powerful Trrrrrrrixie’s show! Come one come all! Trixie’s magic will make you believe the impossible and question reality itself! Shows at eleven, three, eight, and ten. The peanut butter crackers are not for sale. “

And with that, Trixie vanished into her stage-cart thing.

Twilight and Rainbow were in the audience, the former with a thoughtful look on her face and the latter rapidly flipping through the Journal.

“The Journal does mention that some people have latent magical power within them, but there is always a source of some kind or reason…” Rainbow Dash blinked. “Did you sense any magic coming from her?”

“If she has any she’s either hiding it extremely well or it’s not enough to be felt over the latent magical properties of this area.”

Rainbow Dash kept flipping through the Journal. “There’s nothing here about testing for magic…”

“I could probably figure out if I could cast a scanning spell.” Twilight smirked. “Though where would the fun be in that?”

“Investigation time!” Rainbow said, grinning. “Time to see what’s up with Trixie…”

Elsewhere in the audience, Pinkie grinned. Oh boy, they were no longer the new po—people in town. She could throw a party! And nothing was going to stop her!

She looked up, an annoyed expression on her face. “Oh yeah? Wanna bet?” She paused. “You’re on!” She was gone instantly. Nobody even saw her move.

Next to Pinkie, Lyra had been recording data. Seems to be talking to some voice… an entity of some kind? She turned to the stage, wondering about Trixie. Could she be related to all this somehow? She set up a new page, labeling it Trixie. She scribbled a few notes about the impressive magic show display, and how the town seemed to enjoy her show. She scribbled furiously.

“Lyra…”

“What is it Bon Bon?”

“You really should stop with all that conspiracy stuff. You’re going to get involved with something—“

“I should never have told you about the sisters…”

Bon Bon rolled her eyes. “You know if you don’t talk to me there’s nobody to talk to. You live all alone in that big house at the base of Northwest Manor. You need me to talk to. And those three kids don’t count.”

“They can be helpful—“

“And they are exceptionally stupid.” Bon Bon said matter of factly.

Lyra opened her mouth to object, then shut it. She looked back at the stage where Trixie had been. “Bon Bon you know me. I can’t just let mysteries lie. I have to figure them out.”

Bon Bon sighed. “Fine. Just be careful okay? Don’t want anything happening to you—“

“I’ll be fine Bon Bon.” Lyra said. “I know more about what’s going on in this town than anyone. I can handle a possible mage.” And with that Lyra left, leaving Bon Bon with a torn look on her face.

Near the front of the crowd, Gideon was seething. “She dares come into town? MY town? And open up a magic show?” He stomped his foot. “She will regret this…” He turned to yell at the cart. “I WILL GET YOU OUT OF TOWN WOMAN!”

Trixie poked her head out and threw a half-eaten mango at the little kid. “The Great and Powerful Trixie objects to your tone. Be off.”

Gideon’s eye twitched. “You have no idea what you’ve just done… YOU WILL FEAR ME!”

“Trixie finds that most unlikely.”

As the little kid ran off in an angry huff, the two sisters watched.

“Could she be one of us Luna?”

“Maybe.”

“Perhaps we should investigate…“

“Maybe.”

“Think we can find out anything about—“

“WOO HOO YES I WON I JUST BEAT R-TYPE AHAHHHAHAHAHHA!”

Celesta glared at Luna. “Put your portable arcade away.”

“But…”

“Put. It. Away.”

Luna slowly nodded.

The crowd dispersed, and the various factions went about their business…

Poor Trixie.


Trixie did a little dance, humming a tune. “Never gonna give you up, never” There was a knock at the door. She sighed, opening it. “Yes? Who wishes to see Trixie?”

Applebloom was standing in front of the cart. “Ahm terribly sorry miss Trixie, but Ahm lookin’ for mah friends. I think they are somewhere around here.”

“Trixie shall assist you in finding your friends.” Trixie said, smiling to herself. “Where would they be?”

“Ah dunno.” Applebloom said. “Could be any of these buildings ‘round here. I’m gettin’ worried.”

“Fear not little one, Trixie shall find them for you!” She waved her hand, and it seemed to sparkle. “Let’s go search that old barn.”

“Yay!” Applebloom said, lighting up.

From a nearby tree, Lyra took notes. Sparkling hand, confident demeanor. Likes children apparently.

In another tree, Twilight was taking notes. Seems to be following Applebloom around. Why is Applebloom out here?

Applebloom stopped in front of a worn-down barn. “Uh…”

“What is it little one?” Trixie asked.

“Ah uh… dunno what Ahm supposed to do now…”

“What do you mean?” Trixie asked, this time narrowing her eyes.

“Well Ah was supposed to lead you here and—oops.”

Lyra facepalmed. She should have listened to Bon Bon.

“What are you doing here?” Another voice said from behind Lyra, causing her to fall out of the tree. Hanging from the tree by one foot, she saw Rainbow Dash flying in front of her.

“Oh. Hi. Observing Trixie.” Lyra responded.

“Like you were observing us?”

“Pretty much yeah.”

“I have a few things to say to you—“

Rainbow Dash didn’t get to say anything, as Trixie noticed them. She pointed her finger. “What are you two doing?” She blinked, looking at Rainbow Dash’s wings. “Trixie must know how to get those! Tell Trixie where you got them.”

Rainbow Dash blinked. “Uh… Joe’s wing shop?”

In the other tree, Twilight rammed her head into the bark. This gave her a headache, causing her to fall out and hit the ground with a THUD.

Lyra laughed. “Ha! She was observing as well! Thought you were better than me did you?”

Rainbow Dash glowered. “Shut up.”

“I bet I’m the one who gave you the idea—“

“I said shut up Minty.”

“Only Bon Bon gets to call me Minty.”

“MINTY MINTY MINTY MINTY.”

Lyra twitched. “I’m LYRA!”

Trixie tapped her foot impatiently. “Why are all of you watching Trixie?”

“MAGIC!” Applebloom volunteered. The three others fixed her with death glares.

“If you wanted to see Trixie’s great show you could have simply waited—“

Celestia and Luna watched from afar, unsure of how to proceed.

“Perhaps we could simply walk up and ask everyone what is going on?” Luna suggested.

“No. We must be stealthy. None must know of this.”

“Sis. All of those present obviously know about magic and the weirdness. What harm could there be?”

The older sister glared. “We will be stealthy and not interfere! We will ask Trixie when she is alone.”

“Sister…”

“Seriously Luna, you have to learn to appreciate the art of stealth more! The less we are in the open the better.”

“Sister…”

“Come to think of it you should learn to put your games down and appreciate life itself more. Get out of your cave and come into the sun.”

“Sister…”

“WHAT?”

“They’re watching you yell at me.”

“I AM NOT YELLING—” Celestia stopped, turning to see Lyra, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Trixie, and Applebloom staring. Appblebloom and Rainbow Dash had popcorn. Lyra was furiously scribbling.

Celestia’s eye twitched.

“So…” Luna said, turning to the others. “What’s been happening with you?”

Rainbow Dash shrugged. “Been investigating things. Trying to figure out what Lyra’s up to. Cake. That sort of thing.”

Celestia’s eyes brightened at “cake.” “You wouldn’t happen to have any cake with you?”

“No.” Rainbow Dash said, lying through her teeth. She had metric tons of cake in her Pocket for variant Celestia emergencies. This was not one of them.

Celestia frowned, and returned to a state of not-sure-how-to-handle-this-situation.

Luna sighed. “Forgive her. She can be a bit… off. Actually she is a bit off. Do not worry, she will not harm you. Probably.”

Trixie growled. “Why are all of you people so interested in Trixie?”

Luna decided honesty was the best policy. “We were hoping you would know something about magic.”

“A show woman does not reveal her secrets, and Trixie is no different!”

“I do not mean show magic, I mean—“

“THERE YOU ARE!” Gideon yelled, arriving on the scene. “I WILL CUT YOU TO SHREDS!” He said, holding a solid black sword that was obviously too big for him.

Trixie blinked. “Trixie is amused by your antics. What could you hope to do with that… thing?”

“This is no normal sword fancy show woman! This is the blade of darkness! Of demise! It will drive you insane just by touching it! I will—“

He tripped over his own chubby legs. He quickly stood back up, dusting himself off. “Mmkay gotta check myself here… Give me a sec folks… Gotta get my shirt adjusted… one moment… now! READY! FACE MY WRAT—” He blinked. The sword was gone.

Rainbow Dash, flapping above him, was holding his sword. “Looking for this?”

“YOU GIVE THAT BACK RAINBOW DASH PINES!”

“Mhm…. Lemme think about that… Nah. Not really feeling it right now.”

“I WILL BREAK YOU—“

Then, something exploded in the middle of them, sending streamers and balloons everywhere. Pinkie erupted from nowhere. “WELCOME TO GRAVITY FALLS TRIXIE LULAMOON!” She yelled, leaping into the air. She grinned.

Then she frowned. Everyone had run off except for Twilight and Rainbow Dash, who simply sighed and walked away.

Pinkie let out a sigh. Then she looked up. “So… did either of us win the bet?” She paused, as if listening to someone. “Hey! You said— I have a photographic memory and you know it!” She rolled her eyes. “Okay so it’s just a memory spell same thing. So no you do not get the floating baby head.”

She walked off.


Trixie’s mind was stuck on one word: Nope.

Nopenopenopenopenopenope. She quickly packed up her cart, got in, and made it go. She pressed the hidden levers and the cart rolled out of town quickly. Nopenopenopenopenope. She turned it up to maximum speed, trying hard not to even look at the forest or behind her. Nopenopenopenopenooe. She took out her stash of peanut butter crackers and started nervously munching. Her comfort food.

She took a marker and wrote on her map in big large red letters over the state of Oregon: NOPE.


Stan had been watching the arcade all day.

Nothing. Had. Happened.

His eye (currently the one that was under his eyepatch) twitched. He got the feeling that he had missed something. He rubbed the bridge of his nose. He was getting too old for this.

Scratch that. He’d been too old for this for thousands of years. That didn’t stop Yggdrasil.


Idxvwlfruq qhjohfwhg wr whoo wkhp dqbwklqj derxw wkhlu srzhuv. Wkhq vkh ydqlvkhg, ohdylqj wkhp wr wkhlu fdnh dqg ylghr jdphv. Lw uhpdlqv d pbvwhub wr wklv gdb krz Oxqd kdg ylghr jdphv lq wkh 1700v.


176.2 (Vinylshadow)


Luna Woke up in her bed. She was then woken up properly by something slamming into her window at sufficient velocity to shatter the magically-reinforced glass.

Luna shot up, horn ablaze with magic, only to blink in confusion.

A giant taco rested on the floor of her room.

The Sky-Darkener stared at it, then leaped back as it moved.

Black legs littered with holes emerged from the shell while two flaps of lettuce emerged from the meat and cheese on its back. A dark head with large blue eyes popped out, a tomato speared on its horn.

It chirped sheepishly at Luna before leaping back out the window, giving the Princess of the Night a brief view of Canterlot covered in melted cheese, chips and bits of lettuce, sour cream and salsa

Luna shook her head, slapped herself, then laid back down.

"I hereby dub this not my problem," Luna declared, magicking up a new window and went back to sleep.


176.1 continued (ORBSyndicate)

Gravity Falls: Friendship is Magic 11: The Gideon Pile.


The scene before them was not the weirdest thing they had seen in the Loops.

Though it probably made it into the top thousand.

A tiny pinkie pie was bouncing on top of Gideon’s head, with a bunch of Diamond Dogs strewn about everywhere overtop of a crystallized flower that had taken on the shape of Sombra only moments before. Around them were several gigantic deer and miniature elephants, and a few living giant stuffed caterpillars.

Oh and Pinkie was holding a flashlight with… Pinkie powers. That had somehow managed to turn the sky into a psychedelic pink and was giving everyone in the town illusions of flying manta rays.

Nobody was exactly sure what to do now. To everyone’s surprise, Rarity ended up being the one to march up to Gideon and stare him in the face.

“Ah, my darlin’ Rarity! Can you perhaps get me out of here—“

Rarity glared. “Don’t you ‘darling’ me Gideon. I am older than you can possibly imagine, and am way out of your league. I have been through the destruction of entire realms of existence and have crafted shawls out of materials that would make your mind explode simply by looking at them. I may not be as good at magic as many of my friends, and I may not have as much experience, but I still have the capacity and skill to control an entire planet should I desire. Such things are not ladylike, and I personally would never do such things under normal circumstances. You, on the other hand, seek to control me, to make me your own using your own power. Don’t make me laugh. You know nothing of the arcane, nothing of true power. You are just a little man, Lil Gideon. And this is the last straw. I have been extremely generous. I’ve let you go about your antics and pester us since that seems to be your place in this world. Well I’ve had it with you. I already have a man and he is so beyond you I expect that your mind would simply break trying to comprehend it.” She glared deep at him.

Gideon blinked. “Darlin? Have you gone crazy—“

Rarity waved her hand, and Gideon disappeared in a flash of white light. The Diamond Dogs let out a bunch of painful sounding arfs as the foundation of the pile was removed. They scampered off in random directions.

“What did ya' do to him?” Applejack asked.

“Teleported him to a random location on the planet.” Rarity responded, fixing her hair. “I doubt we’ll see that ruffian again.”

“Ah hope you’re right.” Applejack responded.

The six friends walked off, deciding to forget all about the little kid.

Lyra, who was sitting in a nearby bush, had heard everything. Her mouth was still hanging wide open. Her body was not responding to any neural input. (What little there was anyway). She fell out of the tree with a thunk.

She came to with Pinkie Pie looking down at her. “You’re awake!”

“Uh…” Was all Lyra could manage.

“You might want to keep that hush-hush.” The pink human cautioned. “Rarity doesn’t go off like that all that often. It kinda embarrass her. She prefers just to be a lady and not a powerhouse.”

Lyra blinked. “Okay…”

“Goodie! Just go home and don’t bring this up. I’ll give you a cupcake for it.”

Lyra slowly nodded. She stood up, looking at Pinkie. “Who ARE you people?”

“We’re Loopers!” Pinkie said, giggling and running off.

Lyra just stood in the clearing, her mind trying to process everything.


The Doctor stepped out of the Tardis, into London. He had been exploring time and space for a while this Loop and had already found a whole lot of nothing. Sure there were a few aliens and magic here and there, but it seemed like this world was boring.

Unless you counted the Time Baby. But The Doctor had quickly decided that messing with what amounted to a literal deity of time would probably end with a Loop crash.

So he’d decided to come back to London, one of his favorite cities. Humans were always fun, always interesting. Maybe he’d find a companion and the “boring” cosmos wouldn’t be so boring anymore.

“AAAUUUUUGGGGGH!!!!”

The Doctor blinked. “Is that a pig squealing?”

Gideon landed right on top of the Doctor with a squeal. The Doctor sighed, picking Gideon up. “So, they literally fall from the sky now do they?”

“What?” Gideon asked.

“Been a while since I took a non-Looper child on board…”

“What?” Gideon asked again.

“Perhaps I could teach him about life and the cosmos—“

“What?”

“Oh sorry.” The Doctor said, grinning. “Hello there! How would you like to travel across space and time?”

Gideon quickly put on his cutest lil’ look possible. “Aw, I’d love to mister!”

“Well then! Allons-y!” The Doctor dragged Gideon into the Tardis, not noticing the child’s very very disturbing face. A face that had stopped many Loopers dead in their tracks. It struck fear into the minds of many, making them shudder to their very being.

That face.

Not that Gideon knew this. In his mind, it was a perfectly normal face to make. Needless to say, Gideon was disturbed.

The Tardis dematerialized with a VWOORRRP VWOORRRP VWOORRRP.


Jlghrq zloo uhwxuq.. dqg wkh Grfwru zloo kdwh klp zlwk d exuqlqj sdvvlrq


176.3(Vinylshadow)


Fluttershy was Woken up rather rudely by Rainbow Dash, who not only whisked the bed covers off of her, but decided to shout at a level designed for sporting events.

Fluttershy gazed up at her UnAwake friend with tired eyes. "G'morning, Rainbow," she mumbled around a yawn. "Is it cider season already?"

"Pff, cider? Who cares about cider; it's lemonade season and if we don't hurry, the Changelings will take it all!"

Fluttershy blinked, shaking herself to a more alert state.

"Changelings?"

Rainbow gave her an odd look. "You feeling alright, 'Shy?"

"Just a bit Loopy," she replied making sure her hunch had been correct. Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"Well, whatever. Let's go, let's go!"

Without another word, she unceremoniously dragged the Element of Kindness along with her as the sun crested the horizon.

Minutes later, Fluttershy was standing in line behind Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Twilight. Rarity and Twilight were Awake, but Pinkie wasn't.

"So...lemonade?" Rarity queried. Twilight shrugged.

"Applejack is sulking this Loop. Apparently she had to change two of her orchards into lemon trees to support the demand for more lemonade and she's a little sour about it."

"Who's selling it?" Fluttershy asked.

"You're really out of it, aren't you? It's Treehugger, your old friend," Rainbow said, all but salivating at the thought of a drink.

Shooting the mare an irritated eye roll, Fluttershy peered over the heads of the Changelings in front of her. She caught sight of the red and green mare and Fluttershy tilted her head in confusion.

Treehugger was sitting at a classic Lemonade Stand, with a mountain of lemons behind her and everything she needed to make lemonade, including ice cubes, sugar and thousands of plastic cups. A tip jar sat on the counter as well and was overflowing with bits.

"Oh my..."

What caught her attention was the sign.

"FREE LEMONADE!" it proclaimed cheerfully. Under it were two additional lines of text.

"One cup per pony per day" was one and the other was "Made with love."

Fluttershy stifled a giggle, understanding why the Changelings who had gotten their drinks looked so pleased.

"That's adorable," she said.

"I'd have at least used some more color," Rarity mused, eyeing the stand dubiously. "However, it's...rustic. Simple. And that’s fine."

"Remembering a certain stallion, Rarity?" Twilight teased.

The fashionista leveled a stare that promised the leaking of sensitive information at the lavender unicorn who wisely took the hint and shut up.


176.1 continued (ORBSyndicate)

Gravity Falls: Friendship is Magic 12: Too Much Nightmare Night.


Pinkie Pie shoved a calendar into Twilight’s face. “NIGHTMARE NIGHT TONIGHT!”

“It’s called Summerween Pinkie—”

“SUMMERWEEN TONIGHT! I’m gonna go out and decorate the ENTIRE TOWN!”

“Pinkie wait!” Twilight yelled, but it was already too late. Pinkie had gone.

Twilight took a deep breath. She nervously walked to the door of the Mystery Shack, and slowly creaked it open.

Yep. Pinkie worked fast. Already the entire town was decorated with a combination of Halloween, Summerween, Nightmare Night, and Chaos celebratory designs. It was even separated out into a pattern, the colors of each of the four themes creating a strange, almost psychedelic, image. Twilight blinked.

She knew this was just the beginning as well. Pinkie was going to set up events, recruit people to prowl around scaring everyone, and to continually resupply the town with candy. And since Twilight knew Pinkie had a candy star in her Pocket, that was not running out.

Twilight really hoped Pinkie didn’t accidentally give out some of the more… exotic candy.

She sighed, supposing there wasn’t much else she could do at this point. She’d just have to go along with it.


Wendy stared at Pinkie. Then at the house in front of them. Then at Pinkie.

“You’re just giving us this funhouse to party in all night?”

“YEP!” Pinkie said, grinning. “And candy will periodically be delivered since you’re not doing the trick or treating thing.” Then her face went dark and ominous. “But don’t think that’ll keep you safe from the scares of tonight…” Pinkie chuckled.

Wendy gave a thumbs up. “Sweet! You know your ability to throw a party for the entire town is amazing!”

“I’ve been perfecting it for a long time. I think I could throw a party for the entire multiverse if the laws of Yggdrasil allowed me to.”

“What?”

“You heard me.” Pinkie said, grinning and bouncing off.

Wendy shrugged. Who cared if it made sense or not, they had a sweet place to party now. Much sweeter than Thompson’s house.

She called everyone.


Night had fallen. Screams were had, pranks were executed, and Pinkie was queen of the town. It took just a half hour for all the others to realize that Pinkie’s scares, pranks, and treats were much much better than anyone else’s. She had been seen prowling around town with flattened hair, a knife, and a very convincing murderous expression. Some “victims” even swore they had actually been impaled and saw blood, but they had felt nothing more than a strange tingling sensation and there was no cut afterwards. Then of course Pinkie would brighten up and give them candy.

There were also cardboard cutouts popping out from everywhere, and what appeared to be real monsters prowling the streets, asking for CAAAANDYYYY. They never harmed anyone, and some even took part in the trick or treat phenomena.

And the candy Pinkie had going around had all the children happy and their mouths watering. The various groups of kids, teenagers, and adults that had fun had decided to put aside their differences and declare a prank war on Pinkie and Associates.

Pinkie single handedly defeated them by trapping them all in industrial strength toilet paper that smelled like cupcakes. Then subjecting them to a lot of “monsters” made out of leftover party blowers. They were released shortly afterward, and were no doubt trying to make more plans, but Pinkie was confident they’d all fail.

Pinkie was having the time of the Loop. Nightmare Night/Halloween/Summerween/Chaos Festival was always so FUN! CANDY! PRANKS! SCARES! She jumped into the air and did a five-minute jig before landing.

Twilight walked up to her. “Pinkie, do you think you are going a bit overkill? People are getting really scared—”

Pinkie pointed to her designated “Panic building” where truly scared people could go and be shown what all the “monsters” and pranks were. But only if they were actually scared.

Twilight blinked. “But what about—”

“I have a fear-sensing spell engraved on most of the monsters. They will hunt down those who are scared, but those who have the actually dangerous kind of fear will be left alone. Silly Twilight, you should know I have everything accounted for!”

Twilight blinked. “Really. What if some magical creature from this town actually shows up?”

“Twilight.” Pinkie said, staring into her eyes deeply. “Of course some magical creature is going to show up. I’m ready for it.”

“You sure?”

“Positive. I’m saving a special spot for him in the party.” She laughed mischievously. “BYE!!!!!!” She hopped off, getting back out her knife and putting the crazed look back into her eyes. “TIME FOR CUPCAKES! YOU’LL EAT EM AND LIKE EM!”

Twilight shuddered. Pinkie Pie trying to be scary was actually rather terrifying.

She often found herself wondering why on earth people wanted to be scared once a year…

“BOO!” Rainbow Dash yelled, causing Twilight to fall over. “AAHAHAHAAH! Your face was hilarious!”

“Let me guess. You’re working with Pinkie on this?”

“Of course.” The ‘harpie’ said, flapping her wings. “She and I are planning to drop by Lyra’s place in an hour or so. Sweet revenge…”

Twilight blinked. “I’d like to accompany you, see what she’s up to…”

“Meet at the street outside her mansion. Ten o’clock. And we have no doubt she’s expecting us, little observer that she is.”

Across the town, looking through a super-high-resolution telescope, Lyra smirked. “Oh yes I’m expecting you—“

“How on earth do you know what they’re saying?” Bon Bon asked.

“I can lip-read!”

“You got the telescope balanced enough to do that?”

“Yep.” Lyra said, grinning. “I’ve learned more than a few tricks from my investigations in this town. I’m going to use them.”

“You’ve laced your house with all sorts of traps haven’t you…”

“Of course Bon Bon!”

“Lyra…. I thought you were going for the stealth approach!”

“They know I’m watching them Bon Bon. The time for stealth is over. Time to test them directly.” She flipped open her large Journal, the one she had made herself. The dual hand symbol shining on top of the minty-green hard cover. She smirked. “Time for in depth investigations…”

Bon Bon sighed. “You’re on your own. Don’t blame me when they drag you in by the seat of your pants.”

“I’m prepared.” Lyra said, packing up the telescope and walking back to her house.

It was time to finally use her knowledge…


Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight stood before the mansion. It wasn’t an overly huge mansion, but it was a mansion nonetheless. A crest of dual hands hung over the main doorway, and all the lights were off.

And everyone sensed a rather large amount of magic coming off the house.

Twilight turned to the other two. “So… is there a plan?”

“Just stand there and watch…” Rainbow Dash said, bringing out the Journal, searching for the right page. “Time for some real tricks…”

Pinkie began drawing patterns in the ground around Rainbow Dash, chanting in what Twilight identified as one of the many tongues of Chaos. Rainbow Dash flapped her wings, blasting air on the design around them.

Rainbow Dash grinned. “Aaaaaand…now.” She said. Suddenly, several dozen daemons of Chaos (most attuned to Pinkie) appeared around the mansion, moaning and striking terror into whatever saw them.

Twilight blinked. “A bit extreme—“

Suddenly, several spires on the mansion lit up with an eerie green light, shooting ethereal lasers at the daemons. The lasers just passed through. Rainbow Dash groaned. “Crap. She knows they’re illusions. Are you sure we can’t use real ones?”

“Dashie, these are supposed to be tricks. Using actual daemons wouldn’t be sporting.” She grinned, her hair going flat and a crazed look getting into her eyes. Twilight backed away on instinct, but calmed down when Pinkie winked. “Let’s go in directly…” She cackled.

Rainbow Dash smirked. “Oho. What should I go in as…”

“The six-winged fallen angel?” Pinkie suggested.

“Ooo that’s a good one…” In a flash of light she sprouted two more pairs of wings and gained an evil look.

Twilight sighed. “You two are getting far too into this.”

Pinkie grinned. “I know isn’t it great?”

“Pinkie. When you look like that, please refrain from looking excited. My reflex is to teleport myself kilometers away.”

Pinkie blinked. “How would that fix anything?”

“It… gives me space to think—“

“But virtually all versions of me can just go places without walking.”

“It gives me psychological comfort Pinkie! Can we not have this discussion while you look like an axe-murderer?”

Pinkie shrugged. “Okay. Now. DASHIE! KICK OPEN THE DOORS!”

“OKAY!” Rainbow Dash said, flapping her six wings and launching into the door. The door bounced her back like rubber.

She glared, cracking her knuckles. “Fancy door eh? Prepare for destruction!” Rainbow Dash summoned an axe into her hand and began hacking at the door, only resulting in “boing!” noises.

Then Pinkie opened the door from the inside. “Hi!”

Twilight didn’t even bother asking how she had gotten in. The three just walked into Heartstrings Manor. It was eerily quiet, save for a constantly creaking chandelier.

Pinkie and Rainbow instantly went into stealth mode, and began to prowl around the house looking for their victim.

Twilight decided to just investigate. She walked around, investigating ancient paintings and old furniture.

She walked into a library, her eyes lighting up. “BOOKS!”


Rainbow Dash had to admit, Lyra sure was clever. She had already come across several anti-magic runes, and more than a few “imprisonment” spells. She had avoided all of them, of course, and had shown those ethereal lasers who was boss. Though the pie to the face had gotten her…

She licked the leftover cream off her face. Still tasty.

She flapped into a long hallway, cautiously flapping forwards. She quickly found that the hallway was completely featureless, no doors, no windows, and no runes or anything.

It took about a minute for Rainbow Dash to identify the infinite hallway.

Great. She tried flying backwards, but two minutes later the hallway showed no sign of ending. She frowned. She punched through the wall, only to reveal another hallway. She twitched. “LYRA HEARTSTRINGS!!!”

Lyra was watching as Rainbow Dash tried to move around inside the illusion cube. She slurped her milkshake, and took notes with the other hand. She was finding the… whatever she was trying to be right now… amusing. She was prepared to test the next item on her agenda, bringing out a clock talisman. “Loopers. Older than I can imagine. Let’s see how you respond to time—”

Pinkie appeared suddenly, slapping the talisman out of Lyra’s hand. “THAT’S A BAD IDEA!” She said, staring deep into Lyra’s eyes.

Lyra shuddered. That was an intense gaze. “Tell me why it’s a bad idea?”

“Time spells cast on us tend to cause reality to completely reboot.”

Lyra laughed. “There’s no way you’re that important to reality itself.”

Pinkie shook her head. “You. Have. No. Idea.” She tossed the talisman into her pocket. Then she frowned, letting her hair poof back up to normal. “Aaand now I can’t scare you. Great…”

Lyra stood up, frowning. “I deserve some answers.”

Pinkie was no longer listening, instead she was giggling at Rainbow Dash trapped in the illusion cube.


Twilight had found an old newspaper article.

Millionaire Norman Heartstrings, second only to Preston Northwest in terms of wealth in the area, has just married local Esmerelda Pines, local woodswoman. While the town is full of support for the young couple, a few are saying Mister Heartstrings is just taking advantage of the young girl. Of course Preston Northwest has another set of complaints, saying that “our kind should not socialize with the lower class.” the Northwests and Heartstrings have been at odds for a long time—”

Twilight blinked, looking at the next article.

Under mysterious circumstances, both Norman and Esmerelda Heartstrings were killed in a car crash yesterday. The roads were clear and there were no obstructions in the road, and yet the car somehow managed to go off road and crash right into a large tree, killing both instantly. Preston Northwest called this a “tragedy” despite going on a rant last week about the Heartstrings. Little Lyra Heartstrings has inherited her family’s wealth—”

Twilight sighed. A sad story.

And given the nature of this town and its secrets, it was probably much more in depth than these articles suggested.

She heard a crash and a scream from the floor above.

Just them messing with Lyra…


“—still no way you’re that important to reality itself. That’s an impossibility.”

Pinkie was about to respond, but another voice spoke first. “She truly is full of herselffff….”

Pinkie and Lyra turned to see a creature that looked somewhat like a thin and lanky cross between the slenderman and a scarecrow.

“You have been taking over my holiday…”

“Oh you must be the Summerween Trickster!” Pinkie said, grinning. “I was wondering when you’d show up! How do you like the party? EVERYONE is involved in Summerween just like you wanted!”

“You’ve taken over my point in life… If there are no deviants who hate the season… there is no point to the Summerween Trickster… You will end the festivities.”

Pinkie gasped. “END THE PARTY? Never!”

“So be it…” The Summerween trickster took off his mask, revealing his true form: a heap of living candy. Lyra and Pinkie blinked, mildly amused by the thing’s shape.

“YOU WILL BECOME ONE WITH ME—”

Pinkie started to eat the Summerween Trickster. The beast screamed out in pain and... pleasure?

The beast cried candy corn tears of joy as it died.

Lyra stared at the carnage before her, shuddering. Insanity Points + 2.

Pinkie burped moments later. The two stared at each other.

Then they began to laugh. Laugh long, and laugh hard.

“That was a little crazy…” Pinkie said, snickering.

“Sure was.” Lyra responded. She took out her Journal, ripping out a page of notes. “Anyway I suppose I did learn that Rainbow over there isn’t smart enough to get out of an illusion cube.”

Pinkie giggled. “She should be. Probably just getting stubborn—”

“BUCK THIS INFINITE HALLWAY.”


Twilight, scorched, burned, and frazzled from all of Lyra’s traps, arrived to the sight of Pinkie, Lyra, and Rainbow Dash playing poker.

“Hey Twilight!” Pinkie said. “Want to join us? We’re playing secrets poker!”

Twilight blinked.

“You know.” Lyra said. “Offering pieces of information if you lose?”

Twilight shook her head. “I thought we were trying to—“

“WE’RE FRIENDS NOW!” Pinkie grinned. “She and I bonded…” Pinkie giggled.

“Yeah.” Lyra responded. “It all started with her giving me a speech about being a Looper.”

Twilight twitched. “YOU DID WHAT?”

“Turns out she can handle it Twilight!”

Twilight’s entire body shook. “Y-you do realize that the Journal says there’s NO one you can trust???”

“Don’t be silly Twilight! …can you handle this?”

Twilight stormed off in a huff.

“All in.” Rainbow Dash said, grinning.

Lyra revealed a royal flush.

“BUCK IT!” Rainbow muttered. Then she blinked. “How do I pay off an all in bet here?”

“Tell me ALL YOUR SECRETS!” Lyra said, staring deep into Rainbow’s eyes.

Rainbow quickly flew away. Pinkie began to relate most of Rainbow’s secrets to Lyra at 9000 words a second. Though she left out ones she thought should be kept secret.


From a nearby hill, Bon Bon sighed.

Lyra had gone and made friends with them. That… that wasn’t good.

She was going to get way too involved now.

She had tried to protect Lyra…


Orvh d mrlqw, lqvdqlwb srlqw! Slqnlh Slh, Vfl il! Udqgrp ukbph, rk ixq wlph!


176.4 (Gym Quirk)


Apple Bloom Awoke to somepony announcing that breakfast was ready.

That doesn’t sound like Applejack, she mused as she made her way downstairs to the kitchen. The voice is familiar, though.

Pausing at the foot of the stairs, she took a moment to check with Cookie.

Nope. It’s me, Sugarcube, was her sister’s mental response.

Emerging into the kitchen, she watched her elder sister substitute twitch slightly. I guess that's the soulbond link syncing up, speculated Apple Bloom.

"This is going to be a strange one," announced Smart Cookie, putting a plate of pancakes on the table as the filly took her seat.

At least Cookie knows her way around a kitchen, decided Bloom as she took in a syrup-laden forkful.


Scootaloo cruised at a sedate (for her) pace on her scooter past Ponyville's market square as she went through her standard start-of-loop routine.

Whew. Decent family setup this time 'round. Let's see who's where. She started a quick Loyalty scan. Bloom and AJ at the farm... Fluttershy... wait. Pansy?

Um... Sorry. It's me in here, responded Fluttershy's voice in her mind. Could you... um... slow down just a little? If it isn't too much trouble?

Scootaloo brought the scooter to a stop and removed her helmet. She pulled the necklace that normally contained the pegasus founder out of her pocket. "Um. Hi, Fluttershy. If you're in there, where do you think Pansy...? Oh."

Maybe we should go check on Angel.


"Talk about getting a head start on Twilight Time," subvocalized Sweetie Belle as she absently walked along one of the paths in Ponyville Park.

Not exactly fair for the others, but I guess that can't be helped, agreed Twilight with a mental shrug.

"So if you're in there, that probably puts Clover in Canterlot, right?"

Probably.

"And she won't be have access to any information about the loops until we get into close proximity."

Uh-huh. Physical contact or maybe a few meters in line-of-sight at best would be my guess.

"I hope she isn't too far out of her depth."

I wouldn't worry. She more than earned her sobriquet of "clever".


"...Moondancer's having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard. You wanna come?" asked Twinkleshine.

"Well, I've got a couple of things I'm working on for the Princess, but I should be able to at least make an appearance," assured Celestia's protégé. "Did she say when it would start?"

"Early afternoon, I think," replied Lemon Hearts.

Hmm... Princess Celestia did suggest I go over that particular book of legends, and the Nightmare Moon story does bring to mind something I read elsewhere, Clover thought to herself. Hey... I can ask Moondancer if she knows anything about it at her party. She nodded to the trio of unicorns in front of her. "Shouldn't be a problem. Let me check in with the Princess and then we can get a light lunch..."


176.1 continued Gravity Falls: Friendship is Magic 14: Mixed Signals


Fluttershy decided she was going to have an easy day. Just sit in front of the TV, relax, and watch the adventures of Ducktective. Such an adorable duck. So clever too. Perhaps one of these loops she could teach a duck detective skills..

“Hey Fluttershy.” Rainbow Dash said from the doorway. “Do humans have sounds that can change their mental state?”

“It depends on what kind of human. Some, yes. Others, no. It’ll almost always work if it was magic sound.”

“Well we don’t have a way to magic scan it and Twilight’s not going into the past so… Yeah. Will experiment.” Rainbow Dash left.

Fluttershy continued her day of relaxing. She ignored the advertisement for Princess Loveacorn and her eighty-two accessories. The Gak, however, was harder to ignore…

“Hey Fluttershy!” Pinkie yelled from across the shack. “There’s a band playing tonight! Want to come?”

“No thank you.” Fluttershy responded. Pinkie didn’t push it.

So there was mind controlling sounds at a band perhaps? That was a tad unusual. She wondered what kind of band it was… Ah well her friends could take care of it. She was relaxing today.

A few hours later Lyra walked into the room, scribbling random things into her minty Journal. “Note to self— Bon Bon desires to go to the concert. Must take her.” She muttered. “Also gnome beard doesn’t taste that bad.”

Fluttershy blinked, trying to process the information. So mind controlling music that Bon Bon wanted to see. And the gnomes were involved somehow. Weird. But it wasn’t her problem today… Today was relax—

“THE! WORST! POSSIBLE! THING!”

And that’d be Rarity fretting about something unimportant—

“SHE’S STILL DATING THAT JERK? THIS MUST BE REMEDIED! COME ALONG DARLINGS!”

Wait what? Fluttershy was positive that Rarity was all for all the relationships going on right now… What could have changed it?

Rarity, in a bit of a huff, walked through the room. Fluttershy spoke up. “What was that about?”

“Oh nothing darling, you enjoy your relax day. Heaven knows you need it.” She smiled. “We’ll take care of all of this.”

Fluttershy was about to respond but Applejack ran through the room, saying that Candy and Grenda had gone mad. Fluttershy could hear Lyra scream and Soos let out a “DUUUDE” noise.

Suddenly the Shack was quiet except for the TV.

Fluttershy put the weirdness out of her mind. This only worked until the evening, when she heard her friends return. Though there sounded like there were more footsteps than their should have been.

Then she heard the singing. The singing of a boy band in harmony.

“Oh no! The mind controlling band must be here! I have to stop them!” She leapt out of the chair and ran into the attic, ready to defend her friends. She threw the door open, giving off the Stare. “YOU LEAVE THEM ALONE!”

Then she saw five identical grown men acting like sad dogs, backing away from her Stare and whimpering.

She blinked. “Uh… Sorry…”

Pinkie face palmed. “Fluttershy! We just saved these guys from a horrible conglomerate of cloning! We have to find a way to release them into the wild! I SHALL MARRY ONE OF THEM TO A TREE!”

One of the men blinked. “That sounds… radically weird dog.”

Fluttershy blinked. “But… what was all the talk about Mind Control?”

“Oh Rainbow Dash and Rarity are trying to stop Robbie from mind controlling Wendy with music. They should be at the pier now…” A rainbow explosion went off in the direction of the pier. “Oh goodie! Something went wrong!” She giggled.

“And what about the gnomes?”

“Something Lyra and Twilight are up to…”


There was a very tall and stripy woman in front of the two of them. She glared at them. “What are you two doing here? Most avoid me out of fear.”

Lyra backed away. “…witch…”

Twilight held up a hand. “She’s fine Lyra. Zecora’s a good witch. Right Zecora?”

“I am certainly a good bud, for I do not desire your blood.”

“That’s vampires.” Lyra said. “Witches usually want our youth or something.”

“As you can plainly see, my face is as youthful as can be.” Zecora responded.

“I suspect dark magic Twilight…” Lyra said.

“Trust me Lyra, I know Zecora from other times. She’s a good witch. People just misjudge her because she secludes herself in the forest.”

Zecora waved them into her hut. Inside was what Twilight had come to expect form Zecora: weird plants, strange animal bits, claws, and eyes. And a giant cauldron, constantly smoking with some potion or other.

Lyra, while still cautious, had begun to take frivolous notes. Again.

“Do you have anything that could be useful to us Zecora?” Twilight asked.

“I have many potions you could use, even ones that could light a fuse.”

“Something to protect the mind from attack would be nice.”

“That is something I most assuredly have, just wait a moment while I get the salve.”

“That wasn’t a perfect rhyme—” Lyra began.

“Perfect rhymes do not a witch make, but it is what a poet desires to take.”

“What?”

Zecora made a “huff” noise before applying the salve to Twilight and Lyra. Nothing happened to Lyra, but Twilight began to glow. Zecora’s eyes widened. “Most interesting effect, indeed. I think I have just the thing you need.” She threw a few ingredients into the cauldron, muttered a few incantations, and produced a blackish-grey potion. “Drink this purple mare, and your mind will be without a care.”

Twilight shrugged, drinking the potion. She quickly passed out on the floor. Lyra gasped.

“Time energy she has a lot, more than enough for my pot.” She turned to Lyra. “Leave now before it is too late, or I may put you on a plate.”

Lyra flipped open her journal and began to incant a fireball spell.

“NO STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IN THIS PLACE SOMETHING LIKE THAT WILL BE OUR UNDOI—”

BOOM.


Applejack completed her round-up of the gnomes. Finally. All done with those little varmints… She rolled her eyes as Lyra and Twilight, burnt and blackened all over, crawled to her feet. Lyra coughed and Twilight was passed out.

Applejack sighed. “What was it this time?”

“Fireball spell in Zecora’s hut.” Lyra coughed again.

Applejack sighed. “You really should know better…”


In the Tardis, the Doctor looked at the sleeping form of Gideon.

Over the… had it been weeks? He couldn’t really tell because of the paradoxes. Over the unknown amount of time Gideon had been here, the Doctor had noticed that the kid had many problems. A bit of a cruel streak, a desire to control people, and a thirst for revenge. He wondered what on earth had happened to this kid to turn him into this.

Perhaps he could help him…

Maybe he just needed to see the quality of life in the galaxy. See some true beauty. Drive the idea into his skull…

Gideon stirred. He was dreaming. The Doctor hoped it was a good dream.

It was not.

For under Gideon’s bed, his mysterious Journal 2 was opened to a page depicting a strange single-eyed triangle laid in a wheel…


Guhdpvfdshuhuv lv frplqj.


176.5 (Vinylshadow)


"THE NIGHT...WILL LAST...FOREVER!"

Nightmare Moon blinked as the pitch of her voice skyrocketed on the last word.

"What?" she squeaked. There was a smothered snicker in the crowd of ponies below and Nightmare Moon glared down at them.

"What are you laughing at?!" she demanded shrilly.

This time, there was a full-blown guffaw in the back from a tan-coated stallion wearing a long scarf. The rose-maned pony beside him fought to keep a straight face, but lost the battle and collapsed amid gales of giggles.

"Stop this! All of you!" Nightmare Moon hissed. The crowd below dissolved into derisive laughter and Nightmare Moon looked about ready to cry.

"Ah, cheer up, Moonbutt," a deep voice replied, an off-white hoof slinging itself around the dark mare's withers.

Nightmare Moon blinked and stared at the deranged-maned pony.

"Your...voice...what?"

"Sulfur Hexafluoride; six times heavier than air, whereas I gave you helium, which is six times lighter," Vinyl said with a grin.

"How...?"

Vinyl rolled her eyes. "I could bore you with the details, but I've been forbidden on explaining how my Wubbergy magic-techno-science works since it tends to cause Loop Crashes. Now then..."

She booped Nightmare Moon's snout, banishing the Nightmare parasite from Luna, who let out a soft "Meep!" and covered her nose, scowling adorably at the DJ.

"Come on, Princess, the night is dark and full of ravers. Let's party!"


176.1 continued Gravity Falls: Friendship is Magic 15: In Which Our Triangular Overlord Arrives


HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHA-HA-HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!”

Twilight awoke with a start, breathing heavily. She looked over at the sleeping form of her friends. All were sleeping peacefully. (Well, except Pinkie, who was probably just bouncing around in her dreams again.) Twilight calmed herself down.

She tried to go back to sleep, but something was keeping her awake. She wasn’t sure what. She frowned. Dark omens didn’t keep her up at night anymore, she’d seen enough of them.

So something must be toying with her. She looked around, glaring at nothing.

Perhaps she could ask Stan in the morning…


“Nope. Nothing creepy going on at all. Except for the brown meat. What’s in it? Nobody knows. All you know is that you can stock up for the apocalypse for it. So I’m going to sing a song…”

As Stan and Pinkie broke into a song about “brown meat and the apocalypse” Twilight simply sighed and walked away. Stan was not in a hint-giving mood. She wondered why exactly he was trying to keep so much from them. He obviously got some amusement out of it, but she sensed there was more to it… What exactly was he going for?

Maybe she should try to read his mind.

She shook her head. That’d be rude and just uncool. Nothing to worry about…


Pinkie Pie ran up to the rest of the Elements and Lyra. “A TRIANGULAR SHAPED ELDRITCH ABOMINATION IS INVADING STAN’S MIND!”

“What?” Twilight said, flipping through the Journal. She’d seen something like that before… “Ah here’s the page. Covered in blood.” Twilight cast a decoding spell on the words and blinked. “There’s a lot of information here… let’s see…”

Bill Cipher. LIAR. MONSTER. SNAPPY DRESSER. Is he watching me?” Twilight paused. “The next bit’s crossed out… Bill has proven himself to be one of the friendliest and most trustworthy individuals that I’ve encountered in my life. What a guy! I honestly can’t trust him more. Not evil in any way, Bill is a true gentleman.” Twilight blinked. “Looks like the Author changed his mind… BILL CAN’T BE TRUSTED! Beware Bill. The most powerful and dangerous creature I’ve ever encountered. Whatever you do, never let him into your mind.”

“Well that just sounds wonderful…” Rarity said.

Applejack sighed. “Looks like we’ve got an uber-powerful trickster in Stan’s mind. Great. Looks like we gotta help ‘Im. Does it suggest any way to help?”

Twilight read aloud. “it is possibly to follow the demon into a person’s mind and prevent his chaos. Something about REFLECTIVES THE LADIES DOMESTIC and DO NOT SUMMON AT ALL COSTS and… ah HERE we go! One must simply recite this incantation: Fidentus omnium. Magister mentiun. Magnesium ad homnem. Mangum opus. Habeus corpus. Inceptus Nolanus overratus. Magister mentium. Magister mentium. Magister mentium.”

Lyra quickly scribbled down the spell. “I think I can cast this. Translates to “Confidence of all. Master of minds. Magnesium to man. Greatest work. May you have the body. Inception by Nolan is overrated. Master of minds! Master of minds! Master of Minds!” She closed her Journal. “Long spell…”

Twilight stood up. “Girls… we must enter Stan’s mind and evict this being from his mind.”

Rainbow Dash put on a serious face. “We need to go deeper.”

Applejack facepalmed and Pinkie giggled.

Lyra had already begun to set up a circle of candles around the sleeping figure of Stan. “Here we go…” She said, flipping open the book. “It’s likely that this spell will send off a serious surge and make my voice sound really really creepy. Be warned.” She took a breath.

Fidentus omnium. Magister mentiun. Magnesium ad homnem. Mangum opus. Habeus corpus. Inceptus Nolanus overratus. Magister mentium. Magister mentium. MAGISTER MENTIUM.”

Everything became an eerie color as everyone’s eyes began to glow.

Everyone opened their eyes. The seven of them were standing in a completely black and white landscape, with what appeared to be a run down version of the Mystery Shack.

“Stan’s Mindscape…” Twilight muttered to herself, looking around. “Very interesting…”

Rainbow Dash flapped her wings and took flight. “Time to find that triangle guy!”

OH FINDING HIM WILL BE EASY!”Bill said, suddenly appearing in all his glory right in front of the Shack’s door. He was a golden triangle with a single eye. On his bottom half, he had a flat bow tie. He had two arms and two legs, both of which appeared to be nothing more than black lines he probably generated just because he felt like it. And on top was one of the most snappy hats in existence. A long, narrow top hat.

Twilight found it hard to read him, seeing as the only expressive parts of his body were his limbs and eye. No real face to look at. “Well you’ve just made it easy for us!” Twilight waved her… hooves???

She blinked.

HAHAHAH! THIS IS THE MINDSCAPE KIDS. YOU CAN’T HIDE FROM IT!”

Lyra, who was still a human, looked at the six of them. “So this is what you look like…”

Twilight shook her head. “I can still take you down like this!”

THIS IS MY REALM, MAGIC, I REIGN SUPREME. THE MIND IS COMPLETELY UNDER MY DOMAIN. I CONTROL ALL, INCLUDING THAT GIANT BACON-A-SAURUS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!”

Twilight blasted the dinosaur with magic, burning it. Pinkie leapt into the air. “BACON!” And devoured the roasted dinosaur.

HAHA! I LIKE HER!” He turned to the rest of them. “NOW I’VE GOT A JOB TO DO, SO WHY DON’T YOU HAVE A PARTY WITH LAUGHTER OVER THERE AND JUST LET ME GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS?”

“Not gonna happen.” Applejack said, walking up to Bill. “Yer gonna get out, or we’re gonna make you get out.”

AHAHAHAH! I’D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY! COME INSIDE TO THE PARTY OF NIGHTMARES IF YOU DARE! THIS LITTLE SHACK HERE HOUSES EVERYTHING WITHIN STAN’S MIND. HIS LIFE WILL FLASH BEFORE OUR EYES. WON’T THAT BE FUN?”

Lyra stood up, pointing at Bill. “I’m going to be the one to hunt you down!”

OH YOU’RE SO CUTE. HERE. HAVE SEVERAL VOODOO DOLLS OF SWEETIE DROPS, HANDS.”

Several dozen voodoo dolls of Bon Bon suddenly appeared in Lyra’s grasp. She squealed and kicked them all away.

Outside of the Mindscape, Bon Bon felt like she’d just received a punch to the gut. This resulted in her choking on her coffee and spitting it all over. Berry Punch was not amused.

Lyra turned to yell at Bill. “You sick frea—and he’s gone.”

Pinkie poked her head out of the bacon pile. “Oh? We’re supposed to go find him aren’t we. ON IT!” She ran into the Mindscape Shack, leaving everyone behind. Lyra groaned, and followed.

Inside the Shack there was no sign of Bill or Pinkie. What there was were hundreds and hundreds of doors. Strange nightmarish creatures crawled around, and everything looked very… unreal.

Something occurred to Twilight.

“This is nowhere near big enough to be the Mindscape of a Looper.” She said.

Fluttershy nodded. “He’s probably showing us and Bill his baseline Mindscape.”

Lyra scribbled in her notebook.

“Um Lyra?” Applejack said.

“What?”

“You realize this is just the Mindscape right? Your book won’t get any of those notes.”

Lyra blinked, a look of panic rising on her face. “I’ll… have to remember things then…” She twitched. “This’ll all be fine… Totally fine…”

Applejack groaned. “Time to prepare for a freak-out…”

They continued on into the Shack of Memories…


SO HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IT, LAUGHTER?”

“Thought… no not really I’m just going along for now. OO CANDY!”

HAHAHAHHA I LIKE YOU. BUT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER MY OFFER. WE HAVE A RARE OPPORTUNITY HERE.”

“Can we spread parties?”

OF COUSRE WE CAN! WE CAN ALSO CHANGE THE FACE OF REALITY ITSELF! THE BEST PARTY IN EXISTENCE!”

“That sounds fun!”

HAAHAHAHHAHA THE WORLD WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HIT IT!”

“Cool!”


“You sure you want to go?” The Doctor asked Gideon.

“Yep Mister. This is my home. It’s been a widdle fun, but I miss home.”

“Okay. Gravity Falls, right outside the Tardis doors. Have fun!”

“Oh I will….” Gideon said under his breath.

“What was that?”

“Nothing. Just wanting to go home.”

And with that Gideon left.

The Doctor stared ahead blankly as the doors closed. He sat there for quite some time.

He probably should keep an eye on him…


“I’m Stan and I was wrong… I’m singing the Stan Wrong Song…”

“Yep. These are baseline memories.” Twilight said. “We’re not here at all. Instead there are the twins. Dipper and Mabel, if I remember correctly.” She looked through another door to see Mabel riding a pig and throwing streamers everywhere. “Pinkie would like her.”

Rarity nodded. “They will meet one day. We know they’re Looping. All we have to do is wait. And find Bill…”

“He’s a master of dreams.” Twilight cautioned. “He’ll probably hit us with nightmares. Lots of nightmares—”

OH LOOK, SHE’S A CLEVER ONE.” Bill said as he appeared from nowhere. “HONESTY, GENEROSITY, LOYALTY, KINDNESS, MAGIC, HANDS. BEEN A WHILE.”

“It’s only been half an hour, varmint.” Applejack muttered.

TIME IN THE MIND IS FLUID. FOR ALL YOU KNOW THE HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE HAS ALREADY OCCURRED AND YOUR BODIES ARE BURNING CORPSES. OR IT COULD JUST BE TWO SECONDS. THE UNCERTAINTY IS THRILLING!” He pulled a watch out of nowhere. “NOT THAT I HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH TIME… TIME IS JUST A WAY I’M BETTER THAN YOU!”

Twilight frowned. “Do you have to shout everything?”

IT SIMPLY HOW I TALK. AND THINK. AND EXIST. I AM THE EPITOME OF CAPS LOCK.” He waved his hands. “NOW WATCH AS I MELT ALL YOUR FACES OFF.”

Sure enough, Twilight felt her face melting. She shook her head. “This is just a Mindscape Bill. Nothing here is real, and we can do whatever we want, just like in a dream.”

Bill laughed. “CLEVERER AND CLEVERER! YOU’RE GOING TO BE MOST DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH! AHAHAHAH! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!”

Twilight blasted a magic laser at him. He simply absorbed it and shot it back out. “AH THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT WE CAN BOTH CHANGE ANYTHING WE WANT.” The small triangular being slowly grew to tremendous size. “YET MY MIND IS LARGER THAN YOUR OWN. YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN ROACHES TO ME!”

Applejack glared. “Oh yea? I bet you are nothing compared to us.”

Bill’s eye twinkled. Twilight shuddered. She didn’t know why. “I KNOW MUCH MORE THAN YOU THINK—“

“HEY EVERYPONY!” Pinkie said, appearing from nowhere. “I JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT TO DO! All of us together, wish him out of Stan’s mind!”

Lyra blinked. “That’s… actually a good idea.” She focused, along with the other six. A hole in reality appeared beneath Bill.

He sighed. “ENOUGH.” And the world went white, the hole in reality simply vanishing. He dusted his hands off. “I MUST SAY YOU’RE CLEVERER THAN MOST. THEN AGAIN MAYBE IT’S JUST THE NUMBERS. BUT I’M STAYING UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT, AND THERE’S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT. I WASN’T LYING WHEN I SAID THE MIND WAS MY DOMAIN. I COULD GIVE STAN A LETHAL ANEURISM JUST BY FLAILING MY ARMS AROUND, BUT WHERE WOULD THE FUN BE IN THAT?”

“There wouldn’t be any!” Pinkie said, grinning.

THAT’S RIGHT LAUGHTER! SHE GETS IT. UNLIKE THE REST OF YOU.

Twilight frowned. “That’s it. I’m just going to eject you with—“

Suddenly, the entire Mindscape began to shake. “What’s happening?” Lyra asked.

OH NOTHING MUCH. JUST KNOW THAT I FOUND THE INFORMATION I NEEDED WITHIN FIVE MINUTES OF ENTERING THIS REALM. I WAS SIMPLY KEEPING YOU ALL DISTRACTED.”

“From what?” Rainbow Dash asked, obviously angry.

YOU’LL SEE AS SOON AS YOU LEAVE! HAHAHHAHAHHAHA!”

Rainbow Dash flew into the air and attempted to punch Bill square on. He simply flicked her away, resulting in her slamming headfirst into the ground. “Ow…”

HHAHAAH! IT REALLY IS FUNNY HOW DUMB YOU ALL CAN BE! ANYWAY, GOTTA DASH. THINGS TO PLAN FOR, BIG DAYS COMING. REMEMBER: THE MOON IS MADE OF CHEESE, PINK IS THE COLOR OF EVIL, CURTAINS ARE DESIGNED BY DOLPHINS, POMEGRANATES! BYE!!!”

And the dreamscape slowly began to fade…


Twilight woke up. She was in her human body again. She shook her head.

Stan groaned. “Ugh… why do I feel like someone threw a party inside my skull?”

“YOU’RE WELCOME!” Pinkie said, grinning.

“I’ve got a splitting headache now…”

Rainbow Dash blinked. “Uh… why are we on the couch outside?”

They looked around. Sure enough, all of them were on the couch and dumped somewhere in the forest.

“Hey Stan there’s a note on your back.” Applejack said, ripping the piece of paper off.

“Dear Stanford Pines, I have stolen the deed to the Mystery Shack! NOW IT’S MINE! Toodeloo! -Gideon.”

Rarity’s face contorted into one of rage. “Girls, I’m going to have a talk with him…”


“So that’s what you were doing!”

I KNOW? CLEVER RIGHT?”

“I dunno. If I hadn’t limited myself like you asked I’d’ve known.”

BUT WHERE WOULD THE FUN BE IN THAT, LAUGHTER? TRUST ME. IT GOES MUCH BETTER THIS WAY. WE CAN MAKE A GOOD TEAM.”

“I don’t know… you obviously seem inclined to dark humor.”

YOU WENT ON CRAZY DARK HUMOR ON SUMMERWEEN. YOU LIKE THE DARK AS WELL. PLUS I SEE MUCH OF YOUR PAST, YOU ENJOY ALL KINDS OF FUN.”

“As long as nobody gets hurt.”

BE HONEST. YOU MEAN AS LONG AS MOST PEOPLE DON’T GET HURT.”

“Er… yeah I suppose…”

OF COURSE. NOW, THINGS ARE ABOUT TO GO DOWN. SHALL WE?”

“Okie dokie loki! You promised giant robot. There will be giant robot right?”

I KEEP MY DEALS, LAUGHTER. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS.”

“Gotcha! Time to prep the party cannons!”


Rarity walked towards the Shack, face in a permanent scowl. She had no idea how long Gideon had been here. She had no idea how he got the Shack. She had no idea.

She didn’t care.

Apparently being teleported across the planet wasn’t enough to take care of him.

She was going to have to take more… active measures. Perhaps just freeze him in time.

But not before she had a nice looooong talk with him…

She paused. The Shack looked a little different. Mainly the two-story tall giant Gideon robot.

How long had they been in the Mindscape?

She shook her head. It didn’t matter. This boy was going to be taken care of. Locked away where he could bother no-one ever again—

Suddenly, several dozen gnomes appeared, pinning her to the ground. “Ah my darlin’ Rarity! How nice of you to show up?”

Rarity didn’t even bother. She squinted, letting out a blast of magic, launching the gnomes far away. “This is enough Gideon. You will never have me! Stop trying! What kind of power play even is this? Trying to win me over by taking over the Shack?”

“Oh there’s more to it than that.” Gideon said, chuckling. “Too bad you’ll be too enamored by me to think about it!” He took a potion out of his pocket. “LOVE POTION GO!” He said, tossing it, causing it to explode all over Rarity.

Rarity simply cast a clear spell, glaring at Gideon. “That won’t work. Now excuse me while I trap you in time itself—”

Gideon sighed. “I was afraid that’d happen. But I had a backup!”

“Giant robot?”

“No that’s secondary backup. This is first backup.’

Several of the gnomes suddenly transformed into exact copies of Rarity. She let out a sharp breath. “Changelings.”

“Yep!” Gideon said, grinning. “And they’ll do whatever I say as long as I keep feeding them love potions! Such a nice arrangement.”

Rarity tried to fight the changelings back, but they simply copied her attacks. She growled, realizing these were power-copying changelings. A lot more difficult to deal with. She needed—

“GIDEON” A british voice yelled, as the Tenth Doctor appeared over the hill. “WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?”

“I was really hopin’ not to have ta deal with you…” Gideon said, glaring at the Doctor. “This place is mine! Rarity is mine! Power is mine! And there’s nothing you can do about it, DOC.”

“I’m not Doc! I’m the DOCTOR! Not Doctor Who, not Doctor Whooves, and not Doctor Whatever. I. Am. The Doctor! And I cannot let you do this! This is a helpless girl—”

“Doctor it’s me. Rarity.”

The Doctor blinked. “Oh. You know now that I think about it you do look like her. Wonder why I didn’t notice.”

“You do tend not to notice things, darling.”

“But I also notice lots of things! Give me some credit!”

“If you insist. Have any ideas for dealing with these changelings and Gideon?”

The Doctor took a thing out of his Pocket. It went ding.

Gideon, Rarity, and the changelings just stared at the Thing That Went Ding. Nothing happened.

The Doctor flicked a lever. It went ding again. All the changelings returned to their default form. Rarity let out a blast of magic, sending them far and wide.

Gideon growled. “IT’LL TAKE MORE THAN THAT!” He pressed a button on a remote, bringing the giant mech to life. “I WILL STOMP YOU!”

The Doctor sighed, taking out his sonic screwdriver. A leg of the robot fell apart, causing the giant to fall to the ground.

Pinkie’s party cannons went off. “WOO-HOO! ROBOT EXPLOSION!” And with those words, the robot exploded.

“OH COME ON!” Gideon yelled, face contorting in rage. “THAT TOOK ALL DAY TO MAKE!”

Rarity walked up to Gideon. “Time for you to go away.”

Gideon whipped out Journal 2, opened to a very specific page, and began to chant.

He never got to finish the spell. Lyra jumped in, placed a hand on his forehead, and recited the spell she has just learned. “Fidentus omnium. Magister mentiun. Magnesium ad homnem. Mangum opus. Habeus corpus. Inceptus Nolanus overratus. Magister mentium. Magister mentium. MAGISTER MENTIUM.” She entered his mind, and got right to work, unleashing several devastating spells in mere seconds.

Outside the Mindscape, Gideon coughed. Whatever spell he was trying to cast was just interrupted. “What the—OW.” He said, grabbing his mind. “WHAT’S GOING ON IN THERE?”

Rarity stared at the scene unfolding before her. Gideon, little kid, was apparently going mad right before her eyes.

“AHAHAHA that tickles wait NO MOTHER NO! NOT THE FACE! FATHER GET OVER HERE AND GIVE ME MORE ICE CREAM! Rarity,… Darling… help… BE MINE! BE MINE AND SUFFER—Oh my gosh that’s a banana cake isn’t it—”

“PINKIE!” Rarity yelled. “Stop her before she goes too far!”

Pinkie nodded, transforming into pink fire and entering Gideon’s mind.

Lyra was inside, stomping all over the Mindscape, destroying “Gideonland.” Lasers shot out everywhere, giant sweet rolls destroyed entire buildings, and the moon was falling.

Bill Cipher was there, floating. “SHE’S GONE A LITTLE NUTS. PROBABLY SHOULD STOP HER BEFORE SHE KILLS HIM.”

Pinkie nodded, grabbing Lyra by the arms. “Stop it Lyra!”

“He was casting a spell to kill everyone!” Lyra spat. “I should return the favor!”

“That’s not how it’s done!” Pinkie said, restraining her.

SHE’S RIGHT. YOU CAN’T HAVE FUN WITH DEAD ENEMIES.” Bill observed.

Lyra growled. “Why should I trust you, you floating dorito!“

Bill twitched. “LET ME MAKE ONE THING CLEAR: I. AM. NOT. A. DORITO.” He took off his hat and dusted it. “ANYWAY, NOW THAT THAT’S CLEAR, YOU REALLY DON’T HAVE ANY REASON TO TRUST ME. BUT REST ASSURED, KILLING PEOPLE IS RARELY WORTH IT. KINDA REMOVES ANY CHALLENGE OR FUN.”

Pinkie nodded. “It’s also not nice. You could always try to redeem them! Make them better! Perhaps get him some therapy or something!”

HE’S GOING TO NEED IT NOW…”

Lyra frowned. “I’ll ask Rarity.” She left the Mindscape.

Pinkie and Bill stayed behind.

YOU DO REALIZE IT’S IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO RECOVER FROM THIS INSANITY RIGHT?”

“Yeah…” Pinkie said sadly.

Outside the Mindscape, Lyra took control of her body.

Gideon was a blubbering mess curled up in a ball on the ground. “HEHEehheheheEHHEHe FUN! FUN! Triangles….”

Lyra turned to Rarity. “Do you want him to still be around?”

Rarity slowly nodded. “Even he doesn’t deserve this.”

“He was trying to kill you all.”

Rarity sighed. “While I thank you for protecting us, it wasn’t necessary. We would survive.”

Lyra frowned, turning to Gideon. He was still trembling.

Pinkie appeared again, constituting herself from the pink fire. “Well. He’s lost it. I’ll call the asylum. Maybe he can get some help.”

Rarity sighed. “This was not how it was supposed to go—“

Stan walked up, harumphing. “The kid deserved it. He causes us more grief than you can possibly imagine. He should have been carted off to the Looney Bin long ago.”

Lyra picked Journal 2 off the ground and stuffed it into her jacket.

Everyone stood at the smoldering heap of a robot in front of the Shack.

“I’m not cleaning that up.” Stan said.

Twilight walked up, sighing. She cleaned it up with a flick of her wrist. “There. Done.”

“Good.” Stan said. “Now let’s get this… man baby off our hands and get the Shack back.”

Gideon twitched. “Beware… Eyes are everywhere…”

“Yeah yeah kid we get it. Now off you go.” Stan grumbled.

There was silence in Gravity Falls.


Ehw brx zdqwhg d vhfuhw glgq'w brx? ZHOO WRR EDG! Brx mxvw jhw wr nqrz wkdw wkh frghv irup khuh rq rxw zloo eh yljhqhuh. KHKHK. JRRG OXFN ILQGLQJ WKH NHBV!


Author's Note:

176.2: Don't ask.
176.4: Well, it'll probably work out.
176.5: The Science is Sound.

PreviousChapters Next