• Published 16th Apr 2013
  • 24,241 Views, 1,033 Comments

Dash's New Mom - ABagOVicodin



Rainbow Dash's dad started to date again. However, his marefriend isn't who Rainbow expected.

  • ...
123
 1,033
 24,241

Rupture

The silence was maddening, teasing, presumptuous. But yet it dragged on, all three ponies fearing the consequences of breaking it.

Blue Streak looked back to Twilight, whose expression harbored bulged eyes in fear and an embarrassed blush. He pulled the blankets over Twilight and himself as he turned around to face Rainbow. Dust dispersed through the air from the quick movement of the sheets and Rainbow coughed a few times after inhaling a little too much. Her teeth clenched as her wings flared out, clipping against the doorframe. Magenta eyes switched between the two ponies in the bed before she looked behind the couple at the violet candles. The flame flickered and danced, burning out the indication of what they were doing. Sure, their movements could have easily been brushed off as making out and nothing more, but those lavender candles were enough to clue her in.

Rainbow bowed her head to stare at the ground, her mane obstructing the look of rage on her face as her legs tensed and pressed into the cloudy floor. Her heart raced in her chest, filling up her face with color that compared to Twilight’s blush, but contrasted due to the reason.

Blue Streak let go of Twilight and the both of them sat up on the bed. She bit her lip and tried to press her wings down against her back, but was only met with the rushing sound of her wings sticking straight out after being confined. Blue Streak didn’t bother to restrain his wings, but kept the sheets over his lap and Twilight’s body. The indication of his intentions would drain away soon enough, but the last thing he wanted to see was his daughter’s view on such a sight. He stood up from the bed and held out a hoof passively to try and calm his daughter down.

“Rainbow.” Blue Streak gulped as he took a step towards Rainbow, stretching out the bedsheets as Twilight held it over her form. “Please... it’s not what it looks like.”

“Really?! Then what does it look like!?”

Rainbow stepped into the room and threw the bedroom door behind her, shaking the room with her forceful slam as she glared at her father. Dash's fury-filled fuschia eyes pierced into Blue’s, who didn't return her gaze but instead opted to look to the floor as he pushed the bed sheets against himself. Twilight remained quiet as well as she glanced down, unable to come up with a response.

“I’ll tell you what it looks like! It looks like my dad is about to have sex with my best friend, inside of the bed that my mother used to buck you in!”

Rainbow backed a hind hoof against the door as she stood up on her hind legs, her wings flapping a few times to help her up. Twilight flinched at Rainbow’s wings but Rainbow ignored her and kept her eyes on Blue Streak.

Blue’s hoof retreated back to his side. He gulped before he sat back down on the bed, looking towards the floor as he tried to respond. Seconds passed, extending into a minute as Rainbow crossed her forelegs and leaned against the nearby wall.

“Well? You got anything to say?” she asked, anger lining every word.

Blue Streak shook his head and placed his head in his forehooves. Rainbow moved back to all fours and threw the door open.

“Fine. I see I’m obviously interrupting something. Want me to come back when you two aren’t making a new sibling in my mother’s bed?” she asked as she turned her back to the couple, facing the living room.

Twilight bit her lip while Blue Streak whimpered and sank his head further into his forehooves. She stood up and gulped as she released the bed sheets from her grasp, letting them fall like a curtain onto the floor. Her horn briefly glowed lavender as she stared past Rainbow, towards the front door. With a small swivel of the knob, the door was locked. Twilight frowned as her horn dimmed and stepped towards Rainbow.

“I want you to stay, Rainbow. We need to talk,” Twilight said, another step accentuating her words.

Rainbow turned her head in time to see Twilight approach her and place a hoof on her back. Rainbow quickly turned to face Twilight, taking a step back for good measure.

“Don’t touch me with that hoof. I don’t know what you’ve been doing with it,” Rainbow snarled.

Twilight’s frown turned into a full on glare.

“Are you going to be this immature when all I’m trying to do is talk to you about this?” Twilight asked as she moved her hoof back to the floor.

“You’re calling me immature?!” Rainbow yelled, her right eye twitching as she jammed her head in Twilight’s face, to the point where Twilight could smell the cupcakes in her breath. “You’re dating my dad, even though nearly every stallion in Equestria wants to date you now, Ms. Princess! Did you pick him just because you wanted to piss me off?! Because it’s bucking working if you did!”

Twilight’s eyes narrowed and she turned towards Blue Streak, who was still sitting on the bed. Blue Streak’s eyes were hidden from view, but Twilight saw a teardrop fall onto the floor, unable to be masked by his forehooves. Her eyes widened before they narrowed again as she turned back to Rainbow.

“What in Equestria is your problem, Rainbow?!” Twilight yelled, her composure long since gone. “This is the second time that you've yelled at us! Blue Streak is over there, crying, because you can’t hold your temper!”

Rainbow derisively laughed a few times before she paced back and forth a few steps in the hallway. She slammed her hoof into the wall and kept her gaze on Twilight.

“Don’t you even try to pin this on me, Twilight! Do you remember Mare-Do-Well? You made me feel like an idiot throughout that whole day, and now you want to flip around the rules just because I’m the one making you feel bad? Buck that!”

Rainbow raised her hoof from the wall and pointed at Twilight.

“Have you ever stopped and thought that maybe you're the one that was making Dad feel bad throughout this whole mess?!”

Twilight tried to respond, but was immediately cut off by Rainbow.

“No! No you haven’t! You were so quick to put the blame on me, saying that I was the one making your relationship hard! You’re the one who’s making it hard on Dad, so you don’t get to blame me for anything!”

Twilight stood her ground and frowned as she stepped towards Rainbow, their muzzles inches apart as Twilight spoke.

“The way that I see it, the one who barged into Blue’s room and began to yell at us, for the second time now, is the one who is making it hard on everyone else,” Twilight muttered.

“Yeah, you would think that, Twilight.” Rainbow glared. “I’d half expect that a smart alicorn like you, the Princess of Friendship, would be able to understand when she is hurting someone by simply being there.”

Twilight’s wings flared as she took a step back, eyes widening slightly in surprise. “And what is that supposed to mean?”

“It means that my Dad is hurt because of you!” Rainbow yelled, not caring about the few beads of spit that splattered against Twilight’s cheek.

Twilight wiped the spit and took a deep breath, but her pupils became pinpricks when familiar words hit her.

“She tried her hardest to try and cheer me up. But... you can’t. Nopony can cheer me up.”

Twilight bit her lip and took a step back, removing herself from Rainbow’s huffing breath. Her wings finally managed to relax against her back as she lowered her head, her mane blocking the view from her eyes.

“Blue, is this true?” Twilight asked, voice quivering with bottled-up emotion.

“I...”

Blue Streak couldn’t answer. He merely sobbed, his voice failing to continue as Twilight walked back to his bed and sat down, the lack of an answer enough for her. She kept her gaze on the floor while Rainbow stepped back into the bedroom.

“I told you about my mom, Twilight! I told you about it a while ago! You cried because you haven’t seen your brother in a while ever since he moved to the Canterlot Royal Guard. And yet somehow you never thought that my mother passing away would affect my dad at all?”

“He... told me about your mom... I’m sorry, Rainbow,” Twilight muttered, tears leaking onto her thighs as she sobbed. Blue Streak looked away and inched away from Twilight to the other side of the bed as Rainbow continued.

“No, no you’re not sorry!” Rainbow yelled as she pointed at the bed. “The mere fact that you are on this bed with my dad, defending yourself, especially after I just said that this was my Mom’s bed, proves that you aren’t sorry!”

Rainbow gritted her teeth and pointed behind her towards the hallway. “My dad used to sleep in the bed down the hall because he respected my mom and didn’t want to ruin her memory! Now he’s apparently brought you into her bed so that the both of you could turn Mom’s memory into nothing more than your love stains!” Rainbow yelled. “And you are trying to defend that! This is Mom’s room! That is Mom’s bed! And no one else is allowed on it, especially not my backstabbing best friend!”

Twilight buried her head into her forehooves and cried, her whole body shaking as she pulled her hind legs to her chest, effectively rolling up into a little ball. Blue wiped his eyes and rested his forehooves on his lap before he looked over at Twilight. He tried to take one of her forehooves into his own as he spoke, but Twilight wrenched her hoof out of his grasp.

“Twilight, it was supposed to mean something. I wanted to—”

“What do you mean it was supposed to mean something?!” Rainbow interjected as she pointed at the lavender candles behind the couple. “You lit Mom’s candles and you decided to use her bed! I know what that means, but go ahead and tell me that I’m wrong, like last time.”

Blue Streak kept his gaze away from Rainbow and on the floor as he replied. He leaned into Twilight as his forehoof slid around her back and onto her opposite shoulder. Twilight pretended not to notice.

“It... nothing. It didn’t mean anything,” Blue Streak muttered as he locked eyes with Rainbow. “Not like you’ll listen to me anyway.”

Rainbow’s right eye twitched again. “And what the buck is that supposed to mean!?”

“It means that ever since I started dating Twilight, you have been acting like a filly who hasn’t gotten her way!” Blue Streak yelled, his cracking voice not helping bring his point across. “You threw a temper tantrum and left when I was trying to finally be honest with you, and now you come barging into my house and start yelling at me when you catch me doing something that you knew I was going to do!”

Twilight lowered herself off of the bed and onto her haunches. She caught Rainbow’s gaze for a moment and slowly crawled until she was against the wall facing the bed, partially hidden by the large bookcase near it. She looked at the floor and covered her face with a forehoof while Rainbow looked back to Blue Streak and growled.

“Don’t you even try to pull the honesty card, Dad!” Rainbow yelled. “If you were honest with me, you would have told me about her the moment you started to date! Buck that, you would have told me when you even began to think about dating her! You know who she is! She knows who I am! You kept me in the dark about everything and told me when it was comfortable for you, despite how I might have felt!”

Blue Streak frowned and stepped off of the bed. He looked to Twilight, who still remained behind the bookcase, shaking while small droplets of tears dripped to the floor. He turned back to Rainbow.

“Since when the hell was it your business over who I date!? You haven’t visited me in almost a year, wrote maybe a few letters, kept me in the dark about the Wonderbolts, or anything else that you’ve done in Ponyville! Now that you visit me the one time in a while and I try to be honest with you when the time is right, I’m the bad guy? Forget that!”

Blue Streak walked over to the lavender candles behind the bed and blew them out, rendering the bedroom completely dark except for the lights in the kitchen and hallway that Blue had forgot to turn off. He turned to Rainbow and slid across the bed, landing back on his hooves as he glared at her.

“There, the candles are out. Twilight and I are probably not going to do anything else tonight since you killed the mood. Is there anything else that I can do for you, oh infallible one?” Blue derisively asked.

Twilight wiped her eyes. “Please... stop fighting,” she muttered, to no avail.

“Don’t mock me like I’m some child! You’re the one who’s still running on your teenage hormones! Maybe if you spent some time with your right hoof instead of trying to buck my best friend, the blood would actually be in your brain rather than your head!”

“Please... stop...”

Blue’s expression contorted in fury as he closed the distance between himself and Rainbow. His wings flared up as he glared at her.

“You shut your mouth right now, Rainbow. I’m not going to be talked to like that by my own daughter,” Blue Streak muttered, his tone emanating cold fury.

“You can’t make me!” Rainbow yelled as she straightened her posture and flared her wings. “Of course you would want to shut me up when I started to prove you right! What’s wrong, are you afraid of admitting it?! Why don’t you just be honest with me for once in your life!?”

Blue inhaled and gritted his teeth before releasing them to speak. “You know what? Fine. I’m done fighting with you. I was going to make love to your friend on Firefly’s bed. There, are you happy?”

“Of course I'm not happy! I'm pissed! That’s Mom’s bed! What’s the point of keeping it in that room for years if you are just going to bring the next mare that you date into it?!”

“This is the first time that I’ve brought Twilight into this room,” Blue Streak replied, his tone slowly replacing fury with neutrality. “She hasn’t gone past the living room since we started dating. You’re implying that this room has to be exactly the way that it is just because it used to be Firefly’s. Also, why would I want to have sex with Twilight in the exact same bed that has been making me cry over the past seven years, instead of taking her to the bed that’s two doors down? There’s a reason, do you know what it is?”

Rainbow’s forehooves pressed against the cloudy floor, her voice growing hoarse due to her constant yelling.

“I don’t give a buck about the reason! You were right about to do it! In Mom’s bed!”

“After two months of dating, and telling Twilight about Firefly,” Blue Streak flatly replied as his eyes narrowed.

“She has no business knowing about that! That’s between you and me!”

Twilight whimpered behind the bookcase while Blue Streak huffed and pointed at her.

She is my marefriend. If she wants to know, and I want to tell her, then she is going to know,” Blue Streak defiantly replied.

“Rainbow,” Twilight muttered as she moved out from behind the bookcase and walked in front of the bed. She placed a hoof on Blue Streak’s shoulder and hid behind him. “I know you are very upset right now... but please at least try to look at this in Blue’s or my position.”

Rainbow stamped a hoof. “No! That’s a private matter! You have no right to know what has caused us pain for seven years! You don’t know what it’s like to lose your mother when you’re just a filly! You were born in Canterlot with the perfect family, two loving parents and a brother! I was born to two loving parents that had their lives completely changed! You don’t know, Twilight! You simply don’t know! And unless your mom drops dead tomorrow, you never will know!”

Twilight’s eyes widened and filled with tears as she broke her gaze and sobbed. She placed her forehooves over her eyes and began to silently cry as her wings spread along her chest. Her whole body shook as she cried, deciding to fall back on the bed since she felt like collapsing right on the floor. Blue Streak gritted his teeth, shaking in anger before he grabbed Rainbow’s forehoof and pulled her into the bedroom.

“Hey!” Rainbow struggled against Blue as she was pushed in front of Twilight.

“Don’t you dare talk about somepony’s mother that way! You better apologize to Twilight right now!” Blue Streak yelled as he released Rainbow’s leg and slammed the bedroom door behind him.

Rainbow growled and faced Blue as she pushed his chest, but failed to move him out of the way. She stared straight into his eyes and pointed her hoof an inch away from his face.

“I’m not apologizing!”

“Apologize now, Rainbow,” Blue Streak replied as he stared at the forehoof, but didn’t blink.

“No!”

“You’re completely out of line. Apologize to Twilight and get the hell out of my house!” Blue Streak said as his own wings flared in anger.

“WHY AM I THE ONE WHO’S OUT OF LINE!?” Rainbow yelled as her eyes began to fill up with tears. She stepped to the side and faced the bedroom wall before her forehoof slammed into it, creating a dent. She turned back to Blue Streak and pointed at him in an incriminating fashion.

“You’re dating my best friend, already had sex with her, and I’m the one that’s out of line?!” Rainbow seethed and pressed her forehooves to her head as tears began to slide down her cheeks. “Screw you, Dad! Screw you! You aren’t right! I don’t care what you say! You could have picked any mare in Equestria, but you settled on my best friend! And don’t even try to tell me that you didn’t know she was my best friend! She’s been in the paper, she’s one of the few Alicorn Princesses in Equestria, and I’ve told you about her before!”

Rainbow pointed at Twilight and stared at Blue Streak. “Go ahead, Dad, lie to me like you did before! What’s next, are you gonna marry her next and keep me from that too?”

“Oh, figures that you would try and blow things out of proportion!” Blue Streak yelled as he rolled his eyes. Rainbow lowered her hoof to the floor, her teeth gritted together as Blue continued. “How about we stick to the facts? Like the fact that you didn’t even bother to tell me about the Wonderbolts? You never said it in your letters, and when you did decide to visit me once in a freaking blue moon, you never told me! You know how I found out about you being captain of Tornado Duty? The freaking Cloudsdale paper!”

Twilight gasped and shook as she cried, mumbling incoherent words that were ignored due to Blue’s shouting.

“Do you know how much it hurts to find something out about your own daughter from a letter rather than her own mouth? Even when you got kicked out of Flight Camp, at least I got to come to the school and talk with the principal while she told me about all the rules that you broke!”

Blue Streak swallowed and looked at the ground, his face starting to redden from anger. He exhaled and glared at Rainbow as he wiped some sweat from his brow. “You got to achieve your dream. You have been telling me ever since you were a little filly that you wanted to be a Wonderbolt. I spent every bit that I had towards your Flight Camp uniform, tuition, summer programs, and all the little places that you wanted to go with your friends. Then, you get kicked out because you couldn’t control your temper!” Blue Streak adopted a sarcastic tone. “Does this seem like a pattern to you? Only difference between then and now is that your temper is hurting everyone around you and you’re too stubborn to admit it!”

You’re the one who’s pissing me off!” Rainbow fired back, vitriol in every word. She pointed behind her at the emblazoned wall that showed off the family’s accomplishments. “After everything that Mom has done for both of us, you’re replacing her! The only one that was able to make you happy! The one that was your high school sweetheart! The one who gave you me! Is this how you are going to repay her?! Am I gonna come back in a month and find all of her pictures gone and replaced with Twilight?!”

Rainbow pointed at the dusty bookcase. “Is this going to be the future of my mother’s memory?! You already tried to stain Mom’s bed with Twilight! Next, are you going to hide Mom away in bookcases and boxes just because you don’t want to think about her? Are you going to replace her with a mare that’s half your age just because you want to feel young and carefree again?!”

“I—”

“You know what? I was starting to get over the fact that you’re dating Twilight. I thought about it, and even admitted to myself that maybe I was being a little stubborn. But you know what I also thought? I thought that you at least had enough respect and decency for Mom to not have sex with your next marefriend in her bed! How bucking wrong was I?!”

“It was supposed to mean something!” Blue choked in response, his voice completely shot as he pointed at the bed. Rainbow however interjected right as Blue inhaled to continue.

“What in Celestia’s name was it supposed to mean!? That the bed was strong enough to handle you two!?” Rainbow growled and pointed behind her at the living room. “Why didn’t you just buck on the couch!? At least that will be uncomfortable enough to remind you that something is wrong when you are bucking my best friend!”

“I...” Blue Streak cleared his throat and placed a hoof to his lips, closing his eyes as he struggled to keep his composure. “It was supposed to be meaningful. I wanted it to represent... me getting over Firefly.”

“And you had to do that by bucking in her bed?!” Rainbow seethed in rage and looked between Twilight and Blue. She walked around Blue and into the hallway where she pointed down towards Blue’s guest room. “There’s a room with a bed right in there that you could have used! There’s a couch in the living room that you could have used! The only meaning that comes out of bucking Twilight in Mom’s bed is completely lost when you could have done it anywhere else!”

Twilight raised a hoof to speak while she crossed her hind legs over each other and sobbed, waiting for her turn. However, since only Rainbow saw her hoof and ignored it, Blue Streak continued, his back to Twilight.

“You don’t choose what everything means to me, Rainbow!” Blue Streak’s forehooves began to shake as he looked back at Twilight. While he spoke, Twilight had lowered her hoof, so he turned back to Rainbow and continued since she didn’t have anything to add. “To me, that bed means a transformation, a way out! You’re acting like I completely threw Firefly’s memories out the window and stopped caring the moment I brought Twilight into bed. As if,” Blue’s eyes began to water and he paused. “Seven years of not having the love of my life is going to be instantly cured by taking Twilight to bed.”

“Why is bucking my friend the only choice to get rid of your depression!?” Rainbow yelled as she looked around, her hooves searching for something that she can grab. However, since the hallway was stripped clean, only cloudy nails protruding out of the walls, she turned back to Blue. “Do you get some sick thrill out of it? Why can’t you just find a hobby!? Get a friend!? Date anypony that isn’t Twilight!?”

“Because nothing and no one else made me happy!” Blue Streak pointed at Twilight and turned to the side, capturing both mares in his vision while he stared at Rainbow. “That mare, right there, has made me the happiest stallion in the world. And your acting and attitude has depressed me more than Firefly ever could, Rainbow.”

Rainbow gasped, her eyes widening as her eyes began to leak tears once more. Her wings retreated against her back while her chest began to throb a heating, poisonous pain.

“You said that you were completely happy for me, that you would be happy no matter who I chose to date. And the moment you found out who it was, you turned on me, yelled at us, and left.”

Both father and daughter were openly crying now, Dash holding in her sobs while Blue closed his eyes and fumbled with his composure.

“I went to your house, you weren’t there. Twilight went to your house, you weren’t there. I sent you a letter. I checked your work. I couldn’t find you and I eventually gave up, hoping that you would come talk to me when the time was right.”

Twilight bit her lip while Rainbow walked over to Blue and attempted to speak. However, Twilight cut her off. “Blue, I told you to leave Rainbow alone so that she could collect her thoughts,” Twilight said as she lifted herself onto her hooves. “Did you break that promise too?”

“Twilight, we’ll talk about it later, okay?” Blue replied as he turned to face Twilight, who frowned.

“No. We’re going to talk about it right now. Did you even pay attention to anything that I told you that day!?”

“Twilight, I’m not just going to ignore my daughter if we have obviously made her upset!”

“Well then why didn’t you tell me that you were going to visit her so that we could have spoken to her together?” Twilight asked, stomping a hoof in frustration.

Rainbow attempted to speak but her hoarse voice and frantic sobbing was preventing her from saying anything that was noticeable.

“Twilight, talking to her together was going to do nothing but piss her off. Look at what we’re in right now! You said it yourself that we should have talked to her alone, and that’s exactly what I was going to do.” Blue Streak straightened his back and wiped part of his mane out of his face. “This was before I promised that I wasn’t going to keep anything from you. And I’m sorry, but if there’s one thing I know about Rainbow, it’s that she won’t listen to anyone unless you talk to her straight up.” Blue Streak then turned to Rainbow. “That’s exactly what I’m doing.”

Rainbow took a step back and bit her lip, trying to find anything to say to redeem herself. However, anything left that she needed to get off her chest was lost, leaving her speechless as Twilight closed the distance between herself and Blue.

“Did you listen to anything that I told you!? Or were you just thinking of taking me to bed for the second time during all the dates we had!?” Twilight yelled, her face growing red from anger as she prodded Blue’s chest. “Are you just a compulsive liar? Do you like keeping everything from everypony?!”

"I told you all that you needed to know. I thought that what you didn't know wouldn’t hurt you. Only problem is that... we all ended up knowing in the end.” Blue Streak sighed and waved both his forehooves. “The point is that this would have all been fine if somepony didn’t decide to burst into my house and completely mess up what I had planned.”

Blue Streak turned to Rainbow, who took a step back in defense and gritted her teeth with a scowl. His tone was just enough to help Rainbow find her tongue.

“Oh don’t you even try to pin this on me!” Rainbow tightened her posture and looked between Twilight and Blue Streak. “You’re not convincing me otherwise, Dad! You betrayed my trust by dating Twilight,” Rainbow pointed at Twilight, “and you betrayed my trust by dating my dad without telling me!”

Blue Streak rolled his eyes while Twilight bit her lip and stepped back from Blue.

“Are you even listening to anything that we’ve said? Is anything getting through to you?” Blue asked. “If you aren’t going to listen to either of us, Rainbow, then you might as well just go home. I’ve told you all that I wanted to tell you and you aren’t going to change my mind. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you about any of this and I’m truly sorry that I hurt you, but for the love of Celestia, you can either talk to me about what’s upsetting you without repeating yourself, or leave and come back when you are willing to have a conversation like the mare that I know you are. I’m dating Twilight, and it’s going to stay that way.”

Rainbow’s eyes hazed over as she looked at the front door, and back to Blue. Her knees buckled, barely managing to keep her standing as her heart throbbed a pain, once thought to be dead throughout her chest. She placed a hoof over her eyes, her voice quivering to emit the only thing on her mind.

“B-but... Mom...”

“Firefly’s dead, Rainbow,” Blue Streak sputtered out, his cold stare breaking down into a sorrowful frown as he looked at the floor. “And I’m trying to move on. Twilight is a chance to move on. If you can’t accept that, then you shouldn’t visit me anymore.”

Rainbow felt her stomach lurch as Blue Streak walked over to Twilight and placed a hoof around her shoulders. However, Twilight shrugged Blue’s hoof off and walked out of the bedroom, double taking between Rainbow and Blue. She brushed past Rainbow and sniffed.

“I’m sorry, Blue, Rainbow,” Twilight muttered as she turned to the front door. Her horn glowed once more, this time unlocking the door. “But you two still have some things that you need to work out. I... I just can’t watch this anymore. Rainbow,” Twilight looked to Rainbow and gently grabbed her hoof. “I hope you'll forgive me.”

Rainbow opened her mouth to speak, but she merely hiccuped from her crying as Twilight walked over to the front door. Blue Streak’s eyes widened as he ran out of the bedroom, stopping once he reached the living room.

“Wait! Twilight!”

“Blue, please, just talk to your daughter,” Twilight sputtered, tears sliding down her cheeks as she turned to the front door. “We’ve done enough. Just... I’ll send you a letter tomorrow.”

Blue Streak ran to Twilight and grabbed her hoof, but she shook him off and opened the front door. Rainbow’s eyes spaced out on the floor, becoming a hazy blur as the door in front of her lightly creaked shut.

~~~

The room remained in a familiar silence as Blue Streak pressed his back to the door. He fell to his haunches, gaze focused on Rainbow Dash, who paused before she blinked back tears and met his eyes. She stood back on her fours and opened her mouth to speak, but her words were immediately cut off by Blue.

“I don’t want to talk to you, Rainbow. I’m done.”

Rainbow felt her dinner boil over. She winced and pressed a forehoof to her stomach as her last meal of cupcakes and soda threatened to come up and onto the floor. Her eyes burnt as they glazed over with tears and she took a step towards him, her head raising to glare at Blue.

“Figures that you wouldn’t want to talk to me now that Twilight isn’t here to back you up!” Rainbow yelled as she gritted her teeth.

“Rainbow, shut up!” Blue Streak yelled back as he opened the front door, cooling up the living room with the night’s freezing draft. “Get out of my house.”

Rainbow walked over to Blue and glared at him, her wings flexing and stretching to prepare for the journey back home. She looked back to the Wall of Accomplishment before she emitted a small “tch”.

“After she proves you right and you admit to lying, you kick your own daughter out of your house. All because you want to keep your marefriend, who you also lied to. I bet Mom’s rolling over in her grave.”

It all happened so fast. First his hooves were on her, then she was on the doormat while Blue stood on the threshold, pointing menacingly at her while his glare melted any confidence that remained within her.

“Don’t... you... dare… come back.”

The last sound that Rainbow heard before her mind succumbed the blur of numbness was the door slamming in front of her, thrown forward by Blue’s forehooves. All of her senses seemed to shift to autopilot as Rainbow soared back home, eyes refusing to supply any more tears.

Author's Note:

After the 6th edit and 17th time that I've read it, I believe that this is the best edit that I can provide of this chapter. My apologies for not delivering sooner. These chapters take more out of me than I'd like to admit, both time and emotion-wise. I wish that I could say that these chapters don't affect me emotionally, but when it gets to the point where I'm mumbling, "Deja Vu" to myself after writing about verbal fights, loss, and depression, it can get draining.

As if you guys are unfamiliar with writers suffering from depression.

Next chapter should be sooner than this one, but no promises since my college work doubled than when I last worked on Therapist Visit or The Coltbert Report.

Have a good day, my readers.