• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 13,663 Views, 407 Comments

Eakin's Rapid Fire Pony Fics - Eakin



A compilation of tiny random stories

  • ...
11
 407
 13,663

The Totes-Amazing Nocturnal Adventures of Rainbow Dash

THE TOTES-AMAZING NOCTURNAL ADVENTURES OF RAINBOW DASH

“You won’t get away with this Ahuizotl, Discord, Sombra, Nightmare Moon, and Mane-iac,” shouted Rainbow Dash as she hovered in the air before the collected assortment of her greatest foes. Daring Do, her friends, Celestia, Luna and the Power Ponies had one by one been picked off and captured by the nefarious alliance of totally nefarious evil, leaving Rainbow Dash as the only barrier between them and their really uncool plans for super-lame world domination.

Finally, a respectable challenge.

“Who’s going to stop us? You?” asked Discord, and the others chuckled at the very idea. Little did they know that their time was up and their fate sealed the instant they had decided to cross the amazing Rainbow Dash.

“Exactly!” Rainbow called back, totally not intimidated by the collective power of all the foes aligned against her and anypony who said otherwise was lying. “But I’m the good guy so you all get one last chance to surrender before I whoop your flanks from here to Canterlot and back.”

“Crystals?” said Sombra, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

Rainbow Dash felt the heat rise in her cheeks at the insult. “Oh, you did not just say that about my marefriend. You’re about to wish that you hadn’t.”

“Rainbow Dash, be careful! I don’t want to see you get hurt!” cried the way-sexier-in-those-librarian-glasses-than-she-realized Twilight Sparkle, futilely reaching through the bars of the hanging cage she was helplessly and kinda-arousingly trapped inside.

Rainbow took a second to flash a cocky grin at her. Sure, she could have just flown into the bad guys and kicked their flanks while she looked good doing it, but everypony knew that when you were rescuing a damsel in distress there were major bonus points for style. “Don’t worry, babe, I’m gonna wrap things up with these guys quicker than you can say ‘Wow, you’re so totally amazing, Rainbow! Take me now, you beautiful hunk of mare!’”

Twilight very nearly swooned on the spot. “Oh, Rainbow Dash, you have such a way with words! I love you more than all the super-boring books in my library!”

“Don’t I know it,” said Rainbow before turning her attention back to her foes, who had conveniently been sitting there waiting for her rather than attacking her while she bantered with the one mare who was cool enough to deserve the honor of being her special somepony. Now they were going down. Loosing a furious and totally intimidating battle cry, she charged her foes for the ultimate final battle.

-------------------

As ways to be woken up went, being punched in the gut at 2:30 in the morning by her bedmate didn’t make Twilight’s top ten.

“Ow!” she cried, instantly brought to alertness by the sharp pain. The blankets and sheets she’d so carefully tucked herself in under were now strewn around every corner of the room, thrown by her flailing partner.

“Take this,” muttered Rainbow Dash, still sound asleep as she nearly clocked Twilight in the face with another swing of her foreleg. “And this, and a bit of this for good measure you fiends.”

Rolling her eyes, Twilight’s horn glowed as she collected all the bedding in her magic and tried to undo Rainbow’s damage. Over the last few months she’d gotten used to sharing a bed with the pegasus, and even adapted to the point where she could sleep through the snoring. Being sleep-punched was new, though. “Rainbow, wake up. You’re dreaming.” No effect. Where was Luna when you needed her?

“Won’t let... won’t let you hurt Twilight. Coming, Twi. Gonna save you.”

The mild irritation at being so jarringly awoken faded from Twilight’s mind. How did this mare not realize how very adorable she was? She’d throw a fit if Twilight told her just how cute it was when she talked in her sleep like this, but she’d blush and enjoy the compliment even as she protested. It didn’t hurt that she just had the most precious little stammer when she was embarrassed, one Twilight doubted she’d tire of even if she heard it for a lifetime. “That’s my hero.”

------------------

“My hero!” cried Twilight from her cage as Rainbow Dash’s roundhouse kick sent Nightmare Moon tumbling down a flight of stairs. Dash took a moment to glance over and give her a flirty little wink. Sure, she was mostly doing this to save the world, but she’d be lying if she said she didn’t also enjoy putting on a show in the process. But doing so proved a costly error as tendrils of the Mane-iac’s mane wrapped her in a crushing embrace, pinning one of her wings to her side. Rainbow struggled trying to twist her way out of the death grip as the shocked Twilight Sparkle looked on.

------------------

“Seriously? How are you still asleep?” asked Twilight. She’d wrapped Rainbow Dash up in the blankets trying to stop her struggling, and even managed to wrap up one of her wings. But all that had accomplished was making her twist and squirm harder, still entirely in the grasp of her dream.

“Won’t get away with this. Stop you.”

“Rainbow, seriously, you’re starting to scare me,” said Twilight. A fidgety bedmate was one thing, but Twilight wasn’t about to let her marefriend go sleep flying. What if she flew into a wall and hurt herself? Or managed to get out through the windows and get into all kinds of trouble outside without realizing it? But it was becoming rapidly apparent that the blankets weren’t up to the task of keeping her in check. Without any other ideas of how to control her, Twilight did the only thing she could think of. Yanking Rainbow Dash down to the mattress, Twilight rolled over and pressed herself down into Rainbow’s back ignoring the blows from her waving limbs. “It’s okay Rainbow,” she whispered as she straddled her. “I’m here.”

------------------

“Rainbow! Here!”

With her last ounce of strength, Rainbow reached out just as Twilight tossed her a purple piece of cloth she’d apparently been keeping somewhere. What was she supposed to do with that?

The cloth answered the question for her. As her hoof brunched against it it leaped into action with a life of its own and draped itself over her back, surprisingly heavy and also oddly silky. Sort of reminded her of Twilight’s coat, in a distant sort of way.

But it wasn’t just a fashion statement. Wrapped in the cloak’s protective embrace, Rainbow’s soul burst with a surge of confidence. Of power. A piece of her that she never realized she was missing clicked perfectly into place. And while she had totally already known that she could do anything already, she felt a wave of understanding pass over her. As long as she had this cloak, there was nothing that could stand in her way.

A fresh burst of energy easily tore through the tentacles holding her down as the bad guys looked on in horror at their oncoming destruction. “What? How is this possible?” asked Ahuizotl, “how can one pony have all this power? It cannot be!”

“Because I’m not just one pony,” explained Rainbow Dash. “I’m Rainbow Motherbucking Dash. And I’m in love.”

Then she totally Sonic Rainboomed all of them, like, a bajillion times.

When the noise and color had eventually faded away, somehow not blinding and deafening everypony in a fifty mile radius from sheer awesomeness, Rainbow was the only mare standing over the defeated heap of the bad guys in front of her. But she paid them no mind, for all her attention was devoted to one pony in particular. She raced over to Twilight’s cage and effortlessly ripped apart the bars.

“Oh Rainbow!” exclaimed Twilight as she fainted into her waiting embrace. “Did you mean it? What you said back there?”

“Sure did,” said Rainbow, grinning ear to ear. Sure, she still needed to free the others and lecture all the bad guys about never trying this again or she would totally beat them up again. The purple cape fluttered in a breeze that only seemed to affect it and nothing else, but made her look totally badflank. “Twilight Sparkle, I love you.”

----------------------

“I love you too, Rainbow,” said Twilight. She looked down at her partner, finally at peace and still. A little trickle of drool seeped from the corner of her mouth as low and rumbling snores took hold, raising and lowering Twilight as she shifted her weight off Rainbow’s back. Not entirely, though. She nuzzled the back of Rainbow’s neck and was rewarded with an outstretched wing draped over her side, the very best blanket she could ever possibly ask for. With a gentle kiss in the one spot behind her right ear that always made her flinch, Twilight cuddled up in her marefriend’s embrace and slipped off to join her in a dream of her own.