• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 1,796 Views, 26 Comments

Twilight Rainbows - Cynical



We may not live forever, but we can still leave a legacy

  • ...
8
 26
 1,796

A Name

“The Mage and the Wonderbolt, has a certain ring to it ey?” Rainbow called across the room, eyeing the poster laid on the desk, decorated with a rainbow in shades of twilight and a simple inscription at the bottom.

You are invited to the wedding of
Twilight Sparkle
&
Rainbow Dash
August 24th 1012
Ponyville Town Hall
11:00 AM
RSVP

Rainbow was almost buzzing, they’d been officially dating for barely seven months, then she’d posed the question, how could Rainbow have refused, she’d be lying if she’d said she didn’t want the same thing. Twilight had just beaten her to the bat.

Twilight chuckled, walking over to Rainbow and wrapping a hoof around her, “I don’t know, I think I just the Daredevil and the Student works just as well; have you thought any more for a name?” she asked, nuzzling Rainbow gently.

“A few…” Rainbow admitted, before Twilight drew back and waited patiently.

“Clouds”
“Hmm… pass.”

“Bolt”
“Doubtful”

“Spark”
“As much as I appreciate it, Spark doesn’t have the same appeal.”

“Dash”
Twilight just looked at her.

“Well, I’m out of ideas.” Rainbow said, exasperated as she drew forth another invitation and placed it in an envelope addressed to Sweet Apple Acres.

“How about Sky?” Twilight asked, her magic surrounding several of the invitations and placing them into their respective envelopes. One to the Carousel Boutique in Las Pegasus, another to the Trottingham veterinary department and another to a house in Canterlot, her parents.

“Hmm… Sky, sky, sky… Sky sounds cool I suppose.” Rainbow replied, placing one of the ever-dwindling invitations into another envelope, this one directed to an apartment in Cloudsdale and to the ponies she hadn’t seen in far too long.

Twilight snorted, “Sky it is then, I’ll send Celestia the papers then… Rainbow Sky.” She said, smiling at Rainbow’s naming methods.
“It’s Dash until tomorrow Mrs Sky.”


The graveyard remained silent for a moment before Apple Slice spoke up again, “How did she die? Loyalty, I mean.”
Celestia smiled at a memory, “Well, contrary to popular rumour and probably her own wishes, she didn’t die in a great ball of flame, nor was it doing a sonic rainboom.”
“But was she…”
“Happy? I can promise you that she was.”