• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,127 Views, 225 Comments

My Harshwhinnial - horizon



Medal Pector'al Biathlon Lula Whinny is an ALICORN, not a troll, ok? So this is an ALICORN fic like "My Immortal" but less goffik. also sports

  • ...
88
 225
 2,127

Chapter 12, Part 1: Special Guest Chapter

Author's Note: Hi, everyone! My name is Mandy Blissett. I've done a few stories here and there, but this is the first time I've written any fanfiction! To tell the truth, I'm pretty excited! Luther says this is a super popular story and I'll be writing to a huge audience, but he was still nice enough to let me step in as guest author while he's away on a school field trip this week! (All I have to do in return is clean his room for him before he gets back!) I can't find where he saved the other chapters, but he left me instructions on this chapter's plot, and I'm extrapolating everything I can from them!

He also said something about ponies. He's such a joker! Haha! If you knew Luther you'd know how silly that idea is. Well, you're reading his sports adventure story, so you probably do!

Anyway, thank you all for being awesome people and giving me a chance. I'll try my best! I hope you enjoy this!

Chapter 12, Part 1: In Which Ultramarathon Talks Meddle Out Of A Serious Mistake

"Noooooooooo!" I wailed, beating my hands on my chest, falling to my knees and sobbing. My heart was so crushed with despair at Twilicorn's cruel murder by blade that the cold specter of depression was whispering in my ears. Meddle, it whispered. There's no point to living any longer. The sun has been extinguished, and the stars themselves weep in the heavens. (Okay, hang on. "Twilicorn"? What the heck kind of name is that? Was he being serious about the pony thing? And I think he meant "Medal." There's a big sports theme throughout the rest of these notes, and his best friend is "Ultramarathon." Let's face it, Luther's spelling isn't that great.)

Without the lips of my beloved Twilicorn, I yearned only for the sweet kiss of death. I took my AK-47 and put it to my head, sobbing tears of despair. (This is how I KNOW this isn't a pony story, because ponies and AK-47s? Really?) "Goodnight, sweet princess, goodnight; may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest," I whispered. "I will be reunited with you soon." I looked at the firearm through tear-blurred vision, gently kissing the inscription on the hand-guard, where Twilicorn had written "To my most beloved Medal, in memory of our first dance in Nightmoor City. May this keep you safe always."

My finger tightened on the trigger, until …

"I didn't take you for a quitter, Medal," a familiar voice said from the doorway.

I turned, stung, lowering the gun. Ultramarathon was leaning against the doorframe, a sad smile on her face. "Come to gloat?" I spat at my rival. "Twilicorn is dead and there's nothing left for me."

She slapped me harshly across the face. Then she lunged in, kissing me fiercely.

"Ultra?" I asked, confused.

"Don't you dare, you selfish bastard," she whispered. "All my life I've been trying to measure up to you. To be good enough for you. I want to beat you fair and square someday. Not by default. Not because you gave up."

"But it hurts so bad," I sobbed.

"Loving someone you can't have?" She turned away. "Yeah, I think I know how that feels."

"Ultra …" I said helplessly.

She looked over her shoulder on her way out the door. "I've been training for months for the Goffic National Foot Race next week. There's only one man in the world who could keep me from getting the gold. If he beats me … if … maybe I can buy him some coffee and we can reminisce about Twilicorn?"

I smiled. "Better run the race with $5 in your pocket. And Ultramarathon? … Thanks."

She left without another word.