• Published 31st Jan 2012
  • 37,863 Views, 1,681 Comments

Rorschach in Equestria - Ex-Nihilos



The Watchmen's most wrathful vigilante finds himself in the strangely innocent land of Equestria.

  • ...
56
 1,681
 37,863

(18) A Better Day: Part 1

Chapter 18: A Better Day Part I

With some help editing by Imperius


Sun rays found their way past the curtains and onto the wooden floor just in front of the bed, warming the floor and letting the sleeping critters in their homes know that Celestia’s sun had risen. Outside the first of the earliest morning birds were beginning their songs, one in particular bellowing out a sour note that a timid yellow pegasus in the past had tried to correct but never seemed to get very far with.

That same pegasus was still asleep upstairs, buried in a quilted blanket and hugging one of her pillows that had found its way into her hooves during the night. Beneath her pink mane she wore a drowsy smile as her eyes moved beneath their lids, watching a dreamscape with rapt attention and still ignorant to light that crawled over the blanket towards her eyes.

The sun’s light finally reached them and despite the siren’s call of remaining pleasantly asleep the yellow pegasus slowly opened her cyan blue eyes. Instantly a part of her just wanted to shift away from the light and return to sleep to enjoy a dream she couldn’t quite remember. The sound of waking animals downstairs and a rooster’s crow removed such prospects, or in the rooster’s case shattered the drowsiness that plagued her mind.

Slowly she got out of bed, carefully putting the pillow back in its proper place and folding the blanket again to a perfect position with the edge nearest to the pillows folded over itself. Taking a glance out her window, Fluttershy was convinced today was going to be a good day. Only a few lazy white clouds were adrift in the sky and air had the crisp smell of dew that always stirred her for her morning routine of waking up.

Humming to herself she went about her daily rituals of brushing, combing her mane, and making herself a simple breakfast of a toasted muffin with apple juice and oatmeal. With her quick breakfast done the majority of her day began, taking care of her animals. Starting off in her house she gave out feed to all the animals that made their homes inside her own, that included trying to find something for Angel to eat. Luckily today the bunny settled for a large fresh carrot that he ate at the pace of a turtle, or rather slower than a turtle since the reptile had finished her breakfast of a tomato far faster than Angel did with the carrot.

Fluttering outside the yellow pegasus’ song had turned from humming to soft singing thanks to the good feeling she had about today. Greeting each of her friends that lived outside she fed them all. Scattering seeds for her chicken coop, water lily for a pair of beavers that were staying for a while, and more seeds for the many song birds that stayed with the musically attuned pegasus.

It was when Fluttershy began to drag the seed bag back around her house that she noticed something was a bit different than the usual hectic scene of feeding time. Dropping the sack carefully onto the ground she looked around her yard, mentally looking to make sure everyone was fed and happy. Birds were in the trees fed with worms, beavers chewing on sticks of yew wood, raccoons with kernel corn, squirrels hoarding acorns , bat asleep, butterflies flying, ferrets playing, human sitting by her fence, Angel in his little house…

Fluttershy stopped her thoughts abruptly, something was amiss with that mental checklist. Visually she went backwards, Angel in his house... and sure enough there was a rather familiar figure in a trenchcoat leaned against her fence. He was sitting on the grass, his back turned to her as he watched the small stream that passed by her home.

Something looked different about him though, since when did Rorschach have a red mane?

Leaving the bag of seed where it was Fluttershy took flight, gracefully flying closer to where the man was sitting. He didn’t seem to notice her presence and hesitantly she moved around to his left to see his face and to make sure she didn’t startle him.

Fluttershy hadn’t seen the human without his mask on, though sometimes she heard him refer to it as his face. What she saw wasn’t anything like imagination had made it out to be. For some reason Fluttershy imagined he’d look more like a dragon or reptile by his attitude, bipedal nature, and the short glimpses she got when he moved his mask to eat or drink, she wasn’t sure what she could compare his face to now that it was in full view.

Small sleepy looking eyes, a nose with a round end that jutted from a flat face, pursed lips, large but round ears, and freckles that dominated his gaunt cheeks. A stubble of hair lined his jaw and cheeks, a darker shade than the tangle of bright red, almost orange, hair on the top of his head. It was harder to tell his expression compared to a pony’s and despite her best effort Fluttershy couldn’t decipher the blank look he was giving. It was odd not being able to read his emotion as Fluttershy was able to read the mood of nearly any animal she came across and it was easy to read the mood of others from their eyes. Rorschach... the way he stared off into the distance he looked almost haunted. They were sharp and clear eyes but they were unfocused, as if he were staring at something a thousand miles away.

She glanced down when she’d gotten over the shock of seeing his face for the first time and noticed he wasn’t looking at the river like she first suspected, he was looking at the mask in his hands. She recognized it instantly, and knew something wasn’t right if he wasn’t wearing it.

Frowning she finally got the nerve to speak up to him. Coughing politely she asked in a quiet voice that was nearly drowned out by the sound of the soft babbling brook near them, “um, Rorschach, is something wrong?”

Silence was the only answer that came, a tense one that seemed to foretell the approach of storms. Fluttershy frowned anxiously, she probably wasn’t heard, not unusual for the timid pegasus, but speaking louder just might upset the human. The last thing she wanted to do was anger him, by now his rage was infamous with tales of tearing apart Timber Wolves with his bare hands and easily defeating the Royal Guards of Princess Celestia herself.

“Um… I guess if you don’t need anything… I’ll just leave you alone then,” she said even quieter, backing away slowly and beginning to turn around. She was about to fly away when his voice made her jump. It was a soft sound that was almost equal to the volume of her own voice, yet it carried none of the meekness she was known for.


“Need help with that?” I asked, still staring at mask. Couldn’t tear my eyes away from it, hypnotized by the swirl of blackness that spread across the mask’s skin.

The yellow Pegasus looked back to me and tilted her head, she didn’t understand the question and repeated cautiously, “help with...?”

I didn’t answer her promptly, motion felt lethargic and dreamlike, as if watching this all from afar. I turned my head towards her, and for once she didn’t shrink away from my gaze. Maybe because I did not glare, I was too tired to glare. Perhaps it was how I looked, downtrodden and harmless. I nodded slowly towards the bag she left behind, again spoke quietly, “that.”

“Oh,” she said in realization, casting her eyes to the ground to examine specks of dirt upon the path, quickly she answered as she tried to hide behind her pink mane. “Oh, no that’s alright I can get it,” she answered meekly as ever. I expected no less from her.

I turned back to watch the water in the stream pass by, not to the mask that lay heavy in my hands. Answered her simply, “if you say so.”

Gaining a bit more confidence the yellow pegasus approached again, tentative of my presence but growing comfortable with the silence and lack of eye contact. Slowly, she sat down next to me and for a time neither of us spoke, she being too fearful to speak while I enjoyed the silence that reigned. Around us, animals went about their own business, paying little attention to our presence. Birds took to the air with their melodic songs. To another man this would be a happy feeling to be here, a peaceful moment in time that let the seconds drag on, and the day’s worries could be lifted for just a moment. Where I should feel at peace, I felt nothing at all. I felt the sun upon my face but it gave me no warmth, the smell of morning dew fading away stirred no emotion in me, and the grass beneath me gave no comfort.

Time moved on, and it was I who hesitantly broke the silence by speaking softly, “should see your friend Rarity today. She’ll be upset.” Had to give my reason being here, best to be blunt.

Just as I expected the yellow pegasus sharply turned to face me. Could see her expression out of the corner of my eye, her anxiety of me slowly turning to worry at the mention of her friend. “Upset? What do you mean, did something happen?” she spoke urgently, her voice louder than it had been since she first found me sitting by her fence.

I didn’t turn to look at the mare, found it better to stare at the mask in my hands again than see the worry on her face. The inkblot looked to be in the shape of a mountain, hanging in nothingness. “Yes, something did happen,” I reply, “She’ll tell you more, would be good if you found the time to see her today.”

Fluttershy thought for a moment but her answer came quickly and with a determination that I privately found surprising and refreshing, “well, I don’t have much to do today… If Rarity needs me then I should go see her when I’m done here.”

A heavy sigh escaped my lips before I could stop it, “good.” My response only prompted Fluttershy to look again upon me with a curious expression, I could see out of the corner of my it held the fringes of apprehension. There was no need to let her know that my sigh was one of relief, with the timid pegasus taking my suggestion my plans for the future begins upon a good start.

“Um, if you don’t mind me asking, is something else wrong?” Fluttershy asked, the hint of worry evident now in her timid voice, this time misplacing her concern from her friend to me. Didn’t like the attention upon me.

My answer to her worry was blunt and unfeeling. I shook my head to be rid of her concern as I spoke, “nothing you need to worry about.” I stopped for a moment to judge the harshness in voice… and found it dissatisfying. I began again upon a much gentler note, “I am just… waiting.”

“Waiting for what…?” realizing how assertive her question was she quickly added in, “I mean if you don’t mind me asking…”

“You’ll see. My side of... events… doesn’t matter, your friends will explain it better.”

“Doesn’t matter? Why wouldn’t it matter?” The mare asked me, with the girl’s concerning nature I doubt she understood why my opinion wouldn’t matter. Too hard to explain, nor did I want to.

I tried to think of a proper answer that I could give her, one that wouldn’t hint upon what I was planning. I couldn’t think of one, not without it being a lie. I felt a frown curve my lips into dissatisfaction as I slowly stood back up. Grass stains still clung to my pants and mud was still splattered upon my shoes, I barely noticed how much nature has disgruntled my appearance into a mess. More important things than washing clothes. I looked down to Fluttershy who gazed at me curiously and fearfully, like I was about to give her some grand revelation to the reasons why I acted and how I functioned.

“One of your friends will tell you the news, but first you should go see your friend Rarity. Perhaps take her out to someplace she enjoys and away from her home.” I tell her. No disappointment came to the answer I gave her but rather she looked to be even more perplexed by what I meant. She tilted her head to me, a worried frown on her features as I passed her by.

“Oh, wait!”

Her shout was no louder than someone speaking into a bad receiving phone, but the change in volume was noticeable to the way this timid one always spoke. I turned around in time to see her flutter past me, quicker than normal but in no real hurry. It was my turn to look curiously at her as she disappeared into her cottage. Various sounds of searching and a disturbed cat echoed out of the cottage before she reappeared with a bright yellow cloth bag in her mouth.

Returning to me she offered out the bag to me, once she was free of it she explained, “the last time you were here I, um, noticed you really liked sugar cubes so I thought I’d just give you a bag of them… as a gift.”

I felt my brow raise in mild surprise as I untightened the cord that kept the bag closed to look inside. To my inner delight I found it filled with sugar cubes, much like the ones I’ve eaten in the past. “A… gift?” I quietly repeated, the word felt foreign to me.

Fluttershy blushed and tried to hide behind her pink mane a little farther but she answered, “y-yes, I thought with all the help you gave Applejack and the Cutie Mark Crusaders that I’d just get you something… to show my own appreciation… um, is that okay?”

I blinked, and shifted slightly. I was still uneased by this mare’s… kindness, and to receive a gift from her furthered that feeling. Thoughts of last night invaded my mind, words of a mirrored figure that taunted me . I quashed those memories quickly before they could surface again. “... thank you.” I answer her.

My simple reply seemed to please her as she stopped trying to hide behind her own long mane and gave a soft smile. Turning open one of my jacket pockets I placed the bag inside, careful not to crush any of the cubes. I’d would have to have one later. “Have to go now,” I tell her and started walking again.

“Oh, uh, okay. Nice of you to stop by,” she hurriedly said I passed by her. I made my way down the earthen path towards my next destination. Sweet Apple Acres.


“That was… odd,” Fluttershy quietly said to herself as she watched the human disappear from view. He felt different without the mask on, the timid pegasus couldn’t place her hoof on it but something definitely felt off with the harsh and menacing Rorschach. When he wore the mask he felt impersonal, mysterious even, but always distant. Without it... Fluttershy wasn’t sure how to describe it, it was like seeing the human for the first time.

Returning to her the bag of feed still on the ground she grabbed an edge with her teeth and started to pull again. Her thoughts now were occupied with the recent encounter, Rorschach’s features still fresh in her mind as she tried to compare it to any of her animals she could think of.

A sudden flash of rainbow colors startled her enough to force her to jump, crying out and ripping part of the bag of feed off with her. A cyan pegasus with a spectrum mane hovered above her, not even slightly tired by the speed she was traveling at.

Rainbow Dash called down from where she hovered, “hey, Fluttershy! Twilight is asking everypony who can to come to town! Apparently that human trashed Ponyville last night. Sounds crazy, I know, but… what’s up with all the seeds on the ground?”

Fluttershy sighed and spat out the piece of bag in her mouth, she looked down onto the spilled contents on the ground. Birds nearby started to collect upon the ground, pecking at the pile of seeds as she answered, “oh… no reason.”


It was just another quiet day on Sweet Apple Acres, unlike the rest of Ponyville the farmhouse had been spared any lack of sleep. The day began as usually with the assortment of chores that the large apple farm needed to have done. One of the fences in the south field needed to be repaired, the stalls in the barn had to cleaned, make sure the orchards were watered, and feeding the many animals.

Big Macintosh was up with the sunrise, just like every day. The only break in the normal was an owl he found sitting on the porch railing with a letter from Twilight explaining there was a bit of trouble going on in Ponyville and that Applejack would be helping to ‘diffuse the situation’. It wasn’t unusual, every so often (quite frequently) Applejack had events come up that took her away from the farm. All that meant was Big Mac would have to pick up some of the chores in her absence. He didn’t mind, a little more work never hurt, and besides it would mean extra chores for Applejack later on. With no concern in mind he continued on with his daily routine of washing up and getting breakfast ready.

Once food was served and the Apple family sat down to eat, breakfast became talkative though it was mostly one sided. With Applejack gone, Granny Smith did most of the talking while Big Macintosh nodded or inserted a eeyup or eenope where appropriate. Applebloom was out of her room but she didn’t talk throughout breakfast, she ate slowly and with a plate still half full she excused herself from the table. Around this time Applejack would tell the young filly to finish her plate before leaving, but Big Mac didn’t have the heart to reprimand his youngest sister. He knew she was still depressed, she was young and the idea of death presented itself too early for her. As she left both the big red stallion and the elderly mare shared a concerned look, time would heal Applebloom’s mind but it was difficult for them all to see her like this and to deal with the recent death of Daisy.

Clearing the dishes after breakfast, Big Mac put on his trademark yoke and trotted out of the kitchen. “Granny? Ah’m goin’ to get to work now!” he called out as he entered the living room.

As usual Granny Smith was in the corner of the room in her rocking chair, reading a book settled in her lap. The red stallion noted that it was a crime mystery novel, of all things. He recognized it as the adventures of a rough and tough Las Pegasus detective with a bright yellow smiley face badge. “Just be back by bedtime!” the old green mare called back to her grandson. Big Mac simply smiled and shook his head. The things his grandmother said.

Stepping outside and onto the farmhouse’s porch, the large red stallion could already tell the day was going to be bright and shining. The air smelled fresh and the ever present hint of apples filled his lungs as he took a graciously long breath in.

As he walked off the porch he noticed a shade of yellow and red out of the corner of his eye, just above ground level. Turning around he spotted Applebloom , her forelegs crossed together for her head to rest upon as she leaned out upon the window sill, looking out to the apples trees surrounding them. A miserable frown graced her features but the sadness had left her eyes, she was past the tears but she still clung to her sadness.

“Applebloom?” Bic Mac called up to his little sister. Slowly he gained her attention as she shifted her head to look down at him.

“Ah’m fine,” she said, already predicting what the concerned question would be.

Big Mac frowned, “well… alright, just know you have a few chores to do today, Applebloom.” A grumble of acknowledgement was his answer, it would have to do. Turning back around he continued on his way to the barn to get some tools to fix the back fence.

When he came back, pulling a wagon with planks of wood, a hammer, and a bucket of nails, he saw Applebloom had retreated into the house. Suddenly it didn’t seem like such a nice day in to Big Mac, he hoped something would break Applebloom out of her melancholy mood, but he wasn’t sure what could as he’d already done his best to explain to her what happened. He continued on his was at a much slower pace, his mind distracted with attempted plans to make Applebloom happy once more.

The sound of the rattling cart upon the dirt ground masked the muffled sound of the farmhouse’s front gate creaking open and shut.

Back home, Applebloom wandered around the farmhouse after seeing her big brother. She walked with her head facing the floor, memorizing the texture of the wood beneath her hooves and listening to the sound of each step she took. About fourteen paces from her room down the hallway the floorboard to the second most left creaked. She’d taken this stretch of space many times in her melancholy mood, she noticed these little features each time she walked.

It was easy enough to avoid Granny Smith, she never moved around much, and though Applebloom knew she cared she didn’t feel like talking. Quietly she walked down the stairs, careful of the fifth step up from the floor that creaked if a pony put their full weight on it. Once she’d passed that dreaded step she chanced a glance through the stair’s railing towards the old green mare sitting in her rocking chair. She didn’t stir from the book she was reading and Applebloom took that as a sign that it was safe to get to the door.

A quick patter of steps and she was at the door, it was simple enough to hold the handle down and slowly open the door enough to squeeze through. Just as quiet as before the filly closed it, convinced she was in the clear. Now all that needed to be done were the menial chores she had to do, after that everypony could just leave her alone to think about Daisy.

Turning around Applebloom started to walk off the porch, she stopped abruptly when she noticed she wasn’t alone.


I don’t know why I’m back here. I know what my purpose is, an attempt to make things right again, but now that standing in front of the farmhouse any idea of what I was going to say had slipped my mind like the last handful of sand falling through a funnel. I had the intention to talk, to try and make sense to a young foal that now sees me as bloodthirsty traitor, someone who tore away a dear friend of hers with an axe.

It should have been easy, children are simple things that only needed simple answers. Tell her that death is an inevitable part of life, everything that grows eventually meets it, and sometimes others meet the end before ourselves. I didn’t want to say anything elaborate, to try and be a philosopher attempting to comprehend why we must go into the abyss when our time is at an end, nor did I wish to tell her lies by making her think that everything in life was just.

Now that she stood in front of me, as we looked at each other, the words escaped my grasp. I shouldn’t be talking to her, I shouldn’t be the one to shatter her perspective of the way the world should be. Someone like me had no business with children, I wasn’t someone they should ever need to meet.

All around us the world was still in motion while we stood still. She was on the porch, looking up at me as I stood at the base of the few steps it took to climb the patio. I don’t think she fully recognized me without my face on. The white cloth was still clutched in my hand, the inkblots within pooled by gravity and the grip of my hand. Suddenly, surprise gave way to anger. Her gaze turned to a glare at me, a childish attempt at rage at seeing me.

“What do you want?” she asked me, venom dripping at the very act of referring to me.

My answer to her was simple, just as I planned it to be, but the authority of my voice felt subdued now that I was confronting her, “to talk.”

“Ah still don’t forgive you...you...,” her venomous words were stalled as she sought an appropriate thing to call me. She finally found one, “you monster!’

I flinched at the word, still staring at her as he glared back at me. Such simple word sounded grotesque when thrown at me by a child, and for the slightest of moments I was reminded of the voice of another little girl that I had failed. One who had died, and sat upon a swing set making crowns from daisies. Monster, a voice echoed, nothing but a mad dog... I was glad she didn’t notice how the word had struck.“I didn’t expect you to,” I told her quietly.

She continued to glare at me, trying to decipher my stoic expression and take in my features. She too had never seen me without the inkblot... at least I don’t remember as she seemed to scrutinize every feature and freckle I wore on this disguise. Without another word she starting to walk again, transferring her angry glare to the ground in front of her. She moved to the side as she started to descend from the porch, set on passing me by without the courtesy of another look.

“Hear me out,” I asked her, she continues on as if she didn’t hear me... but slowly her pace slows down until she’s stopped to glare at the dirt beneath her hooves. I went on, “I don’t expect you to forgive me, but at least hear what I have to say.”

The frown on her face deepened but slowly and begrudgingly she turned around and took a seat on the porch steps. I joined her on the steps so she wouldn’t be strained to look up at me. Once I was settled in I turned to look down at her. She still glared at me with that mixture of sadness, anger, and betrayal that I knew she felt. The words, what I needed to say, found me as I slowly started to speak.

“Sometimes… bad things happen. Things… that we never expect to happen to us or never want to come true.” Broken little thing, what do you think you’re doing? a hum hissed into my ear like a steam pipe.

“I didn’t want what happened to Daisy, didn’t want her to get sick... didn’t want to be the one to find her like that when it was too late to change anything.” Memories of a small girl’s burnt underwear in the furnace, marks of a meat cleaver, dogs gnawing on bones in the backyard torment my mind. I endure, not letting such past thoughts breaking what I had to say. “But bad things happen, no matter how badly we don’t want them to.

The creak of a swing set and a laughter of a small girl pushed passed that awful hum that burned my ears. “Daisy didn’t want to go but… there was nothing we could have done to change what would have happened.” As I spoke I could see her glare soften as she took in what I was saying, the anger still remained and there was silence as she thought over what I had said. Meager words that meant nothing, no matter how sincere. I should have known better, I was too callous to be the one to talk to her. Death to me was my dearest friend and my most hated enemy, to describe it to her in gentle words... I wouldn’t make sense.

I had given up and was prepared to leave when quietly she asked me, “What would have happened? If you hadn’t…”

Her voice trailed off, unable to finish her thought, and I didn’t blame her for wondering if there could have been another way. Had to wonder if her brother or sister had discussed what could have been. “If Daisy had gone on, she would have gone mad. Lost her mind to the sickness that plagued her until…” I left the thought trailing through the air before I went to far with my descriptions, “you shouldn’t need to hear about what could have happened.”

“But she could have gotten better!” She exclaimed, tears starting to well up in her eyes, “when you get sick you rest in bed and take medicine and eventually you’re all better again!” I looked to her, thinking of how to respond to such an... innocent belief. Perhaps I was a monster for breaking this naive perception of how the world should work. How long she’d been holding that in I’m not sure... but maybe I saw a glimpse of where her sadness stemmed.

I frowned, “there are some sicknesses that you don’t recover so easily from... and some that you just don’t recover from. What Daisy had…” I stopped to quickly rephrase what I wanted to say.

“Madness is a terrible disease. There are few things more terrifying than losing yourself, becoming something that isn’t you.” As I spoke... I felt a strange sensation. A warmth I could place, and the smell of distant rain. A small girl’s laughter greeted my ears and the humming was gone. The sudden thought that maybe... there was something in my own words that I needed to know, and yet couldn’t grasp. Blair... “Not many recover fully from madness and for Daisy… rabies doesn’t let you recover.“ I found myself saying.

“It isn’t fair.” She said this quietly, and I feel myself flinch when I hear not just Applebloom’s voice. Another subtle melodic voice trailed behind her own, it sounded like Blair... but that wasn’t possible. Had madness finally claimed me? I was hearing voices that weren’t there, it was just Applebloom and I, and yet... why did it feel like there was a third in our presence?

The shock did not wear off so easy, but I summoned the willpower to answer, almost breathlessly,“No matter how badly we want time to hold still, life goes on… And in this life, we have moments that are good and sometimes we have moments that are bad. These bad moments… we can let them change who we are, let it make us bitter and resentful, or we can move on and continue to be happy.”

The hum hissed in retort, hypocrite, liar, deceiver! You think it’s so easy?! Worthless little mongrel. Should never have been born...

“What can Ah do then?” Applebloom sobbed, and between the tears managed to speak, “Ah don’t want to forget her, but thinking about her just… makes me sad.”

“Keep on living,” I told her, with this I spoke with certainty, “It’s all you can do. Don’t forget Daisy but don’t focus on how she’s gone,” I tried to remember those old movies, what the wise man would say to the grieving wife or child. I was running out of things to say, “Remember instead the time you spent together. It gets easier-“

My words are knocked away as she broke down, hugging my side and burying her head into my coat. She crying but holding back the sobs... I don’t know what to do. I can never recall receiving a hug, never allowed anyone close enough to receive one. And yet here she was... I could see the tears that trailed down onto my jacket. some of the glitter she had put on it so many days ago still glistened with the tears. I watched her, I felt the confusion, uncertainty, and discomfort break my stoic visage. She had her eyes closed too tight to notice me, she was too busy clinging for support.

And suddenly that sensation returned, the warmth and distant rain. Applebloom’s grip around me tightened... it felt like someone else was hugging me at the same time. Someone I knew, my sign of madness. In my mind it wasn’t just Applebloom that hugged me, Blaire Roche was with her. My vision became clouded at the memories of near death, and how badly I wished I could return to its comforting embrace.

We sat there... I didn’t return the hug, I’m not sure I could. I didn’t like the feeling of being hugged, but at the same time I wanted to keep clinging to that strange warm sensation that held me in its grip… and looking down at her, I didn’t have the strength to tear her away in her need for comfort.

The hum was but a distant memory, a mosquito that drifted too close to my ear. She’s dead and it’s your fault, I’ll make you kill them all before I let you forget that...

I ignored it, pressed the idea of fear or hatred out of my mind as I reminisce on all that has happened. Daisy was gone, but she wasn’t forgotten. The Daisies Blair Roche weaved together, crowns to give to the repentant. Daisies... I’ve only seen them in flower shops as a child, a weed they called it. It wasn’t a weed, it couldn’t be... I placed my hand on Applebloom’s back. A hesitant touch before falling down into a comforting hand. I didn’t know what else to do... I didn’t know what else to do...


Author's Note:

The author sits in his armchair, now stained with unmentionable things. Most of his regal belongings have been boxed away by the repo man and he sits now sucking soda through a bendy straw from a extra large paper cup of Baha Blast from Taco Bell.

"So yeah, I'm a little bit back," He states, as if he hadn't disappeared for months like a little bi- "alright they get the point... anyway. Here's the next chapter with more feels than I first thought it would have. This was originally going to be a 10k+ chapter but decided to split it up as I'm having some teeny tiny trouble with the second half."

"No biggie though, I'll get it done on top of my financial issues!" The author exclaims as he stands up, a beam of glorious heavenly light shining down upon him. The lid to his cup slips suddenly, splashing the baha blast all over the floor, but the author is undeterred as he announced to his audience.

"If you guys have any spare food, I would gladly take it...."