• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 11,775 Views, 292 Comments

Ponies One Half - Emma Iveli



Thanks to a teleportation accident, Twilight and her friends are stuck in another universe, not only that but the first thing that happens to them is that they get cursed. And that's least weird thing that happens to them.

  • ...
21
 292
 11,775

The Black Rose

Chapter 14: The Black Rose

One afternoon…

Belle, Shampoo and Ranma-Chan were all walking home together.

“I can’t believe your behavior," fumed Belle. "Do you have any shame? Using your looks to get free food.”

“So what…” asked Ranma-Chan, “If I’m cursed like this, I might as well use it.”

“I’m cursed to turn human, but do I use my beauty to get extra food?”

“Whatever…”

Belle turned to Shampoo for support. “Shampoo, aren’t you going to take sides?”

“Shampoo think you fighting is stupid.”

Suddenly, they all heard a scream.

“What was that?” asked Ranma-Chan.

Immediately, the three were off, headed for where they heard the scream. When they arrived, they saw a girl with long black hair put into a side ponytail. She wore a sailor fuku, though it wasn't that of Furinkan High or Seisyun High. And she was whipping a bunch of people in bandages with a gymnastics ribbon. Ranma-Chan jumped in front of them and caught the ribbon with her bare hands.

“Who are you?” asked the girl.

“That’s enough. You already won,” said Ranma-Chan. “Just leave them alone.”

“You caught my ribbon like it was nothing.” The girl then reached a for a club at her foot. “You’re not an ordinary girl.”

“I guess you could say that.”

The girl tried to toss the club at Ranma-Chan, but she was about to deliver a roundhouse kick to her legs. The girl dodged this attack, performing a flip and landing on her feet. “You’re good.” She then took out a black rose and tossed it at Ranma-Chan. “I am the Black Rose of Saint Bacchus’ School for Girls, Kodachi.” As she said this, both Shampoo and Belle were comforting the ones she was hurting earlier. "Don't forget me," she then told Ranma-Chan before leaving the scene.

“You okay?” Shampoo asked one of the victims, who was trying not to cry.

“We’re fine…”

“Belle, Shampoo, can you take us to Akane?” asked another.

“How do you know our names?” the former asked in return.

They removed their bandages, revealing them not only to be teenage girls, but they were also from Furinkan High, the same class in fact.

I almost mistook them for men. Ranma-Chan thought with a sweat drop.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Later, at the Tendo Dojo…

Ranma-Chan, Belle, and Shampoo explained their situation to Akane in her room while their Furinkan High classmates listened in. Ryoga was there as well, who miraculously managed to not get lost since the race. Just about everyone else was there too, the ponies in their human forms, of course.

“Every member of the team has been injured?” asked the youngest Tendo sister.

“Yes,” said one of the girls rescued. “You see, the next match is anything goes Martial Arts Rhythmic Gymnastics.”

“Is there anything this town won’t turn into a martial arts form?” asked Alex with a sweat drop.

“The schools' champions fight with the techniques of Rhythmic Gymnastics,” explained another girl.

“I don’t fully get it,” said Akane, “But if you need my help…”

“I wouldn’t if I were you,” piped in Ryoga.

“Is this about the ambushes?”

“No… because—and don’t take this the wrong way—you’re not graceful enough.”
Akane glared at him. “I do gymnastics all the time.”

“No, wait. Ryoga has a point," said the third girl rescued. "The reason why we chose you is because you’re the best martial artist around.”

“There is another girl who has the grace and the skill we’re looking for,” said the first girl.

They turned their attention on Ran. “No,” she said.

“She’s a member of the track team, remember,” said the third girl, “And the new star. If she does it, it will just cause problems.”

Belle sighed and offered, “I’ll do it.”

The room became deathly silent at this. “You?” asked Ranma-Chan.

“Yes. why not me?”

“You hate martial arts,” said Alex.

“But this is different.”

“Is because is gymnastics?” asked Shampoo.

“Yes. it’s supposed to be a sport of grace, even if it is martial arts. And just because I don't like it, doesn’t mean I’m not good at it.”

“Oh yeah," said Momo. "Remember that time when Discord got to us and she tried to—”

Belle gave her a death glare and growled, “I thought we agreed never to talk about THAT again.”

Ryoga turned to the three gymnastics and asked, “So it’s up to you, the one who good at martial arts but not graceful or the one who who’s graceful but hates martial arts?”

The three gymnasts began to huddle, voting to see who would be the one to fight Kodachi. Surprisingly, their decision and reason for it was unanimous.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

That night, after seeing the three gymnasts off, Ryoga was teaching the selected one the ways of Anything Goes Martial Arts. The reason behind this was because—other than his massive strength—he's an expert. “Okay, now; the only rule is that no barehanded contact is allowed.” he said.

“Really?" said Belle. "So it’s less barbaric than I thought it would be.”

“I can’t believe they didn’t choose me,” muttered Akane as she watched.

“You know, you still haven’t proven that you wouldn’t accidentally tie yourself with the ribbon the first time you use it,” pointed out Ranma.

“I’ll show you later.”

“Now before I get started, does anyone have questions?” asked Ryoga. Everyone in the room raised their hands/hooves. “Besides asking how I know so much about Rhythmic Gymnastics.” Everyone brought their hand/hoof down. He then turned to his friend/rival. “Ranma, I need your help with this.” Ranma groaned.

“You’re going to use me as a training dummy, aren’t you?”

“Yes.”

Ranma groaned at this. “Fine, but you owe me one.”

Twilight Sparkle, on the other hand, was very nervous.

“What’s wrong, Twilight?”, Pinkie asked her.

“Okay, Rarity, like this…” Ryoga said as he taught Belle how to use the ribbon.

“I was thinking, you don’t think Kodachi is going to ambush her like she did everyone else?” asked Twilight.

“Oh, come on," scoffed Rainbow Dash. "What are the chances of that happening?”

“That hurt!” yelled Ranma as he got pounded.

“You no see ambush,” said Shampoo. “Shampoo agree. Crazy girl strike again.”

“It probably won’t happen until tomorrow,” said Rainbow. “I doubt she knows about what’s going on.”

“Like this?” asked Belle as she copied Ryoga in hitting Ranma with the ribbon.

“If anything, she’ll be after Akane,” piped in Applejack.

“What? What makes you think that?”

“Wow… you really are good,” said Ranma as he hid his pain.

“Well, you were the first choice.”

“Okay, Rarity. We’ll try the ball next,” said Ryoga meanwhile. “Ranma. This isn’t dodge ball, so please don’t dodge.”

“What did you just say?”

“That’s it!” yelled Akane in frustration, grabbing one of the ribbons that was placed on the ground. Everybody else all watched as Akane proceeded to end up proving their classmates right; she somehow tied herself up with the ribbon.

“Are you okay?” asked Fluttershy.

“Don’t say anything…”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After getting untangled, Akane decided to go to her room. She laid on her bed and stared at the ceiling. Maybe I'm just having an off day… she thought. And it was about to get worse since Kodachi was waiting on the ceiling with a giant mallet.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In the dojo, Belle was finished for the night. “That was tough work.”

“You really can use martial arts…” Ranma said in a daze, the combination of being a human punching bag and the fact that she—of all of them—was skilled that way that led him to this state.

“I think Ranma went bye-bye…” said Rainbow.

“Next time, I think you should use a punching bag," suggested Fluttershy. "He’s really injured.”

This made Ryoga sweat drop and blush. “I guess I really have to make it up to Ranma.” Belle stared at Ryoga, who quickly changed the subject. “Wow, Rarity. You’re a quick learner.”

“Thanks.”

However, before they could continue conversing, a crash was heard from the house.

“Akane, whatever you’re doing, knock it off!” they heard Nabiki yell.

“You don’t think?” asked Twilight.

“That’s definitely not her taking out her anger,” Ranma said as he recovered from his daze.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ranma, Ryoga, Shampoo, and Belle all ran to Akane’s room while the rest of the ponies headed for the kitchen so they can change into their human form.

Back in Akane’s room, Kodachi had managed to smash in Akane’s bed, but its occupant, who had managed to evade the blow unscathed.

“Who are you?” asked Akane.

Kodachi gave appropriate introductions, then finished with, “And I shall be your opponent next week.” Kodachi then tried to smash Akane with her hammer.

“We won’t be fighting.”

“Oh, really? Aren’t you the one they chose?”

That was when the door slammed open. Kodachi turned to see who they were, but didn't pay attention to anybody save for Belle… who was still in a leotard.

“I see… it’s her… I should have known from the way you dodged.”

Akane glared at her, “What did you say?”

“So what? You’re going to ambush me like you did with her?” asked Belle.

“Ambush is such an ugly word,” Kodachi replied, “I prefer 'fighting fair before the match'.” She was about strike Belle with the mallet, but Shampoo kicked it. “Why did you defend her… unless… she’s… Oh I see… I heard a about a girl who transferred to your school. The germaphobe.”

“I am not a germaphobe,” Belle countered. “I just can’t stand dirt.”

“As much as I want to buy something from your little dress shop, I believe something must be done.”

She took out a small bomb and threw onto the ground. They all dodged the resulting explosion.

“What kind of gymnast brings a bomb?” yelled Ranma.

"The crazy kind!", Momo's voice answered randomly, but was mysteriously ignored by everyone.

Thankfully, the bomb wasn't a destructive explosive and it was a small one at that.

However, the smoke it created was dangerous; the smoke was actually some sort of noxious mixture—and Akane inhaled it, falling to the ground in the process.

“I can’t move,” she managed to say.

“She uses gas bombs,” warns Shampoo.

That was when the rest of the ponies—in their human forms—got upstairs, accompanied by Cologne.

“What’s going on?” asked Ran.

“She’s trying to ambush me and she’s using gas bombs!” cried Belle, clearly freaking out.

“What kind of a gymnast uses gas bombs?!”

"A crazy one!" replied Momo. "Seriously… she is crazy!"

"That's strange coming from you!" Ran found herself retorting.

"What’s that supposed to mean?" she responded, then she sneezed confetti.

“Great.", complained Ryoga, ignoring the two. "What are we going to do?”

“Run?”

“Running sounds good,” agreed Ran.

“Protect Rarity while you do that," instructed Cologne. "I’ll see if Akane is all right.”

“I’ll help,” whispered Chiyo.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Everyone else began to flee down the stairs. Sure, Kodachi was a martial artist and Ranma, Shampoo, Ryoga, AND Ran could take her out. However, explosives were outside there expertise. That and guns, although Hikaru once found something called the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program, also called Semper Fu by those who practice it.

“Is anything wrong?” asked Kasumi.

“Oh nothing for you to worry about,” assured Momo.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ranma and co. managed to get outside into the entryway.

“So what do we do, keep running?” asked Belle.

Unfortunately, when she said that, Kodachi showed up and threw another bomb at them. Thankfully, thanks to expert dodging through the use of training, magic, and Pinkie Sense, they all managed to evade every single—wait, scratch that. Nobody grabbed Belle, and they all face palmed at this; she might be a quick learner when it comes to Any Thing Goes Martial Arts Rhythmic Gymnastics, but she was still a beginner.

“Now, time to finish you!” yelled Kodachi. And for the second time that day, her ribbon was stopped by Ranma.

“Why don’t you ever play fair?” he asked.

Kodachi looked at Ranma, and began to blush. Maybe it was because he stopped her ribbon, maybe it was because she went to an all-girls school, but one thing was certain; she found him handsome.

“This is going to get weird, isn’t it?” Ran asked nobody in particular.


Kodachi dropped the ribbon and walked over to Ranma. “You are the most handsome man I have ever seen.”

Uh-oh, thought Ranma as Kodachi took out a bouquet of roses out of nowhere and gave them him.

“I am Kodachi, the Black Rose. What it you name?”

“Ranma Saotome.” That was when the roses let out a powder that made Ranma fall to the ground. “What did you do?”

Kodachi smiled a seductive smile, “Just a little paralysis powder.” She bent down and caressed his cheek.

Oh no… oh sweet Celestia no

Kodachi got onto Ranma’s chest with a hungry look in her eye.

Bad touch! Bad touch! Know they say that female on male's okay… but still!

“Excuse me!" interrupted Hikaru. "We’re standing right here.”

Oh thank you… almost forgot about them… Also, sorry about that… um…breakdown… Anyways… a narrator shouldn’t act that way… once again sorry.

Kodachi looked at everyone and scowled, knowing she was surrounded and was out of weapons to use.

“Get off him…” growled Shampoo as she took out her trademark weapon—a pair of Chui.

Kodachi scowled, “Fine, I shall take my leave. But watch out, Belle. You will see the true fury of the Black Rose.” She then let out a laughed as she ran off into the night.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Now that Kodachi was no longer going to bother them tonight, they went into the house, and into the room where they explained what happened to Cologne. Incidentally, she happened to have medicine for the paralysis poison; she was prepared that way. Kind of like Batman.

“I see,” she said after hearing them out.

“So, are you going to quit?” Akane asked.

“No, I will not!” yelled Belle, “I will defeat her! She will learn that it isn’t right to cheat in such a way!”

“Shampoo will be second.” Said Shampoo. “She learn it best not to take Shampoo’s husband.”

“Excuse me…” said Akane.

“Oh, Shampoo no mean that way Akane. It’s just that crazy girl… tried to do thing to Ranma.”

Akane’s eyes widened at that, “So that’s why he was paralyzed.”

And so Rarity's descent to the maddening world of Anything Goes Martial Arts Gymnastics began, even if the maddening part of it had to do with Kodachi.