• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 5,266 Views, 77 Comments

Queen of Cloudsdale - hamcon



Rainbow Dash as an Alicorn, and Queen of the pegasus

  • ...
15
 77
 5,266

Anger and Acceptance

~Golden Oaks Library, Ponyville~

Rainbow Dash stared down in shock in what she heard. She didn’t want to believe it, but here she was, an Alicorn who would have to rule over the Pegasi. She wanted to be angry at her parents for keeping it a secret from her, but they made her happy, so she couldn’t be mad at them, nor at Celestia or Dr. Bandage.

“I’m sure that this is a lot to take in,” Celestia said, cutting Rainbow Dash’’s thought. “But we had to do it, so you would know how the real world works when you became queen,”

“I guess so, but Celestia, I wonder something?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“What is it?”

“What is this fourth magic Wind Chaser sensed in me?”

The sun princess smiled, “I think you know what it is, you used it to stop Nightmare Moon and Discord,”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes widened in realization.

“You mean-”

“Yes Rainbow Dash, the Element of Loyalty,” Celestia answered.

“Wow, I guess that makes me the most awesome Alicorn, I can’t wait to tell everypony that, but I am going to have to decline, since I have a job, and friends,” Rainbow Dash boasted.

Celestia and the mayors stared at each other in with uneasy looks.

“Rainbow Dash, you are going to be Queen of the Pegasi,” Celestia said.

The rainbow Alicorn turned to the princess with a disbelieving look.

“But don’t I have a choice?”

“No, you don’t. Once the king or queen chooses one to rule, they must become the next ruler, it is a law that must be held,” Celestia answered.

Rainbow Dash looked back down, her emotions being masked behind the unseen face.

“So I have no right to decline it,”

“I’m afraid not,”

“This is bull-shit!” Rainbow Dash yelled, she stood on the bed, her wings flared, her horn glowing with magenta magic, and her face concerted in pure rage.

Everypony stepped back from the Alicorn, afraid that Rainbow Dash would attack them.

“Please calm down Rainbow Dash, I know that you are mad, but you have to understand that this law was placed by the first King of the Pegasi,” Celestia said, the two mayors were hiding behind the Alicorn princess.

“Calm down!? You want me to fucking calm down!?” Rainbow Dash yelled, her mane was now crackling with electricity.

Everypony stared at her in shock and fear. Shock that the Rainbow Dash was swearing, something that was highly frowned upon, and afraid that the Alicorn could do with her magic, since she never used it before.

But out of all of them, the ones most hurt by it were Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy was silently crying behind Applejack, she could not believe that her first friend, would do say such hurtful things. Pinkie Pie was tearing up, and her poofy mane was flat, even she knew with all her universe bending powers, she could not cheer up her friend.

Rainbow Dash turned her attention to the two mayors behind Celestia. “Now tell me, why are you two here!?”

“W-well you s-see Q-Q-Queen Rainbow Dash, w-we w-w-w-were sent t-to c-convince y-y-you to rule in e-either L-L-Las Pegasus or C-C-Cloudsdale,” the mayor of Cloudsdale stuttered.

This made something in Rainbow Dash snap, “So you were going to take me away from my friends!? Well that is not going to happen!”

With that said, the rainbow Alicorn’s horn flashed a bright magenta, causing everpony in the room to shield their eyes. When they removed their hooves, they saw that Rainbow Dash was gone.

“Wh-What happened?” Rarity asked, looking around nervously.

“She teleported, but that not possible, she doesn’t even know how to use magic!” Twilight exclaimed, trying her best to wrap her head around the fact that her friend teleported.

“When a Unicorn or Alicorn gets enraged, they can do things they never thought they could do,” Celestia answered.

“Where do you think Rainbow teleported to?” Applejack asked worried for her friend.

“I’m guessing that she’s around Ponyville; the magic she used was not powerful enough to send her far,” Celestia guessed.

“Okay, let’s find her girl,” Twilight said, the others nodded and ran out of the library.

~Sugercube Corner Entrance, Ponyville~

A bright light appeared, then disappeared to reveal a panting Rainbow Dash. Her horn was sparking and she was sweating.

"That took too much out of me, but I can't let them find me, and fortunately, the only place they can't reach me is my house,” Rainbow Dash said to herself. She spread her wings and took to the air, but instantly regretted it when she felt pain in her body.

“Ow, I guess magic does more than just leaving you exhausted,” she thought to herself.

Rainbow Dash landed on her porch and went into her house, in hopes to rest, but she saw herself in the mirror, and instantly got angry.

“Stupid Alicorn blood, stupid laws, and stupid royalty,” Rainbow Dash fumed, walking away from the mirror.

Rainbow Dash was angrier than she has ever felt before. How could the mayors, and Celestia herself, say that she couldn't turn it down. She had every right to, but no, it was the law, and she had to follow it. She stomped her hoof on a nearby table, causing a huge hole in it. Why couldn't her parents say no to this when she was born, and how dare they keep it a secret.

Looking outside, she decided to do the most reckless thing she would ever do, she ran out of her house and took to the air, her eyes set on Cloudsdale, and her parents, tonight she would get answers.

~Golden Oaks Library Entrance, Ponyville~

Everypony stared at each other, all of them with worried looks on their faces.

“Did any of you find Rainbow Dash!?” Twilight exclaimed, getting a shake from all of them.

“I hope she isn’t hurt,” Fluttershy commented quietly.

“This is bad, if Queen Rainbow Dash doesn’t come back, the Pegasus Council will have our heads,” the mayor of Las Pegasus said, shaking in fear.

“So that is the most important thing for y’all, to save your own flank?” Applejack asked, glaring at the two mayors, who ended up backing up.

“Applejack please calm down, yelling at them won’t help,” Twilight said, putting her hoof on the apple farmers back.

“Sorry Twi, I’m just worried about Rainbow Dash,”

“We all are darling, we all are,” Rarity said, a sad look in her eyes.

“Ah hope Rainbow Dash isn’t going to do something that she will regret,” Applejack said.

“Don’t worry, she won’t do something like that,” Twilight reassured, she turned back to the group with a determined look on her face.

“Now let’s continue our search,”

~Dash Household, Cloudsdale~

Aurora Dash was staring at one of the pictures she held in her hooves; the picture was a filly Rainbow Dash on her 9th birthday; she was blowing out the candles while Spectrum Dash was seen singing “happy birthday”. Aurora wiped a tear from her eye, seeing the pictures that were laid out on the floor reminded her that Rainbow Dash was no longer the Pegasus she loved, but now Alicorn royalty.

"Aurora, is something wrong?" Spectrum asked, appearing behind his wife.

“No, I was just looking at some pictures of our little filly,” Aurora answered, trying her best to wipe her tears away, but this did not go unnoticed by Spectrum.

“Aurora, I know that you are upset, but we knew that this was coming (even though we wished it didn’t),” Spectrum said, whispering the last part to himself.

“I just hope she decides to visit us before she leaves us forever,”

Spectrum just stared at his wife with a sad expression, but there time together would be cut short by a slamming on the door.

“I’ll get it,” Spectrum walked to the door and opened it, his eyes widened and his mouth gaped open at the sight that befell him. His daughter, Rainbow Dash, was at his door, as an Alicorn.

“Rainbow, what are you doing here?” Spectrum asked, not even noticing his daughters enraged expression.

“I’ll tell you why I’m here! I’m here to find out why you didn’t tell King Wind Chaser that I shouldn’t be queen!” Rainbow Dash yelled, her tone just a few decibel short of the Royal Canterlot Voice, but it still had the same effect as Spectrum was forced back.

“Please Rainbow, you must understand, we tried our best to stop it, but he wouldn’t hear it,” Spectrum tried to reason with the Alicorn before him, but it was not working.

“Well you should have tried harder!”

“Rainbow Marian Dash! You shouldn’t yell at your father like that,”

Rainbow Dash recognized the voice, only one pony called her with her middle name, and it was her mother. She turned to her mother, who looked at her with stern eyes, ready to discipline the Alicorn.

“Why shouldn’t I, it is because of you two that I can no longer live in Ponyville, I can’t join the Wonderbolts anymore! And most importantly I... I...,” Rainbow shouted, but when she was getting to the last part of her sentence, her posture broke with her shaking, and fighting back tears.

“I can’t see my friends and you anymore!” Rainbow Dash cried out, her tears now flowing out. She ran to her mother and hugged her, crying into her shoulder.

Aurora hugged her sobbing daughter back, petting her mane. “It’s okay Rainbow Dash; just let it all out,”

“I-(hic) - I can’t be a-(hic)-a queen, I don’t-(hic)-even know how to-(hic)-act like one,” Rainbow Dash continued to sob, her throat was starting to hurt, but she didn’t care, she just wanted to be in her mother's embrace.

Spectrum walked up to the two and put his hoof on his daughters shoulder.

“Rainbow Dash, believe me, this is not what we wanted, your mother and I tried our best, but Wind Chaser made it clear that he wanted you to rule in his place, but at least you can choose where you want to live,” Spectrum said, trying to look at the positive side.

Rainbow Dash’s eyes widened in realization at what her father said it was true; she could live where she wanted. The mayors of Cloudsdale and Las Pegasus were only there to convince her to move to one of the two cities, but she remembered that Queen Surprise ruled from the city of Moose Jaw.

Rainbow Dash got up and wiped her tears, “Mom, Dad, do you want to see where I live?”

“We would, but why?” Aurora asked, surprised at her daughter's sudden change in behavior.

“You’ll find out, follow me,” with that said, Rainbow Dash flew out of the house, with her parents close behind.

~Town Hall, Ponyville~

Rainbow Dash’s five friends, plus the two mayors, walked nervously to town hall, ready to tell Celestia that they couldn’t find the rainbow Alicorn.

“I hope she doesn’t get mad at us,” Twilight said, stopping in front of the doors.

“We are doomed, my position as mayor is going to go down,” the mayor of Cloudsdale was having a nervous breakdown, which made him even more unbearable to group.

“Look, just because we couldn’t find her, doesn’t mean she is gone forever,” Applejack reasoned.

The group opened the door, and saw something that almost caused their jaws to hit the floor (In Pinkie’s case, it did), Rainbow Dash was sitting across from Celestia and Mayor Mare, actually talking.

“So we came to an agreement, you will get the money you need to build your castle Rainbow Dash, and in return you will pay back what you borrowed from the Royal Treasury with 40% of the taxes you get from the Pegasi,” Celestia spoke, writing it down on parchment.

“Thank you Celestia, I am glad that we could talk, but I am still mad at you for keeping this a secret,” Rainbow Dash said, glaring at Celestia when she said the last part of her sentence.

“I know, and I’m sorry,”

“What is going on here!?” Twilight exclaimed, breaking the three mare’s attention to her.

“Hey Twi, I was just doing some business,” Rainbow Dash replied smiling.

“Business? What business?” the mayor of Las Pegasus asked.

“Well when the mayor and I were talking, Rainbow Dash came rushing in with her parents, wondering how many square hooves of land was needed to build a castle,” Celestia explained, rolling up the parchment and putting it in a bag.

“Build a castle, wait don’t tell me!” Pinkie shouted, ready to bounce in happiness.

“Yep, I’m staying in Ponyville,” Rainbow Dash proclaimed.

The five mares couldn’t contain their joy as they pounced onto Rainbow Dash, hugging her.

The mayors stared at each other with shocked faces.

“Can she do that?”

“Yes she can, for you see, it doesn’t matter where the king or queen lives, as long as the place has a large Pegasus population,” Celestia explained.

“The pegasus Council will not like this,” the mayor of Las Pegasus said.

Rainbow Dash got up when her friends got off her.

“So where are you going to be staying?” Rarity asked.

“Well, my parents and I are going to be staying at my house until the castle is somewhat livable, and the castle will be built just on the outskirts of Ponyville,” Rainbow Dash explained.

“Your parents, why are they here?” Applejack asked.

“Well I brought them along to see Ponyville, and to have them live with me in the castle, because my Dad lost his job when he broke his wing, and is now living on employment insurance,”

“Wow, that is mighty kind of you,”

“It was the least I could do, oh and Twilight, Rarity I need to ask you something,”

“What is it Rainbow?” Twilight asked, confused.

“I wanted to know if you two could help me out. Rarity with acting like a noble when I’m talking to a crowd and Twilight to help teach me magic,”

The two mares eyes widened, and their mouths open, just staring at Rainbow Dash. Applejack waved her hoof in front of them, but got no reaction.

“Ah think you broke them,”

“Oops, well I better not tell them that I also sent a letter to get somepony else to help also,” Rainbow Dash thought.

“Hey, we can now have our “Rainbow-Dash-is-an-Alicorn-who-is-also-a-queen-and-is-going-to-be-staying-in-Ponyvile Party!” Pinkie shouted.

All the ponies in the room rolled their eyes, but also smiled, following the hyperactive pony to Sugarcube Corner.

~Dodge Juctions~

Just outside of a wagon-like house, a blue Unicorn fainted when she found a letter telling her that she is going to teach a queen magic.

Author's Note:

Third chapter is finally out.

Three chapters in a row that had Rainbow Dash cry!? What is wrong with me, well at least the next chapter won't have that, but I'll be making the fourth chapter after I'm finished with the first chapter of my Twilight/Blueblood fic (Yes I support that couple)

I know that Moose Jaw is a real city, but sounds like a city that belongs in Equestria okay.

I like to think that our swears do exist in Equestria, but is highly frowned upon.