• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 13,172 Views, 397 Comments

The Conversion Bureau: Cold War - An A10 Warthog



When Equestria arrives on Earth and declares humanity 'evil' and 'unfit' the Soviet Union and the United States have to join forces to save humanity.

  • ...
39
 397
 13,172

Chapter 2: Viewpoint

1047 UTC, 16 September 1986
United Nations Main Office
Geneva, Switzerland
Europe

"Can you please elaborate?" Thatcher broke the silence that filled the room.

"I want to liberate you from your corrupted forms," Celestia replied.

Reagan gave her a curious looks, "And what do you think you mean by that?"

"I want to fix your greed, and your corruption, and fix the mistakes your people have made damaging your lands, for there is still hope! You can take a potion, be free of your greed corruption and blood lust, as well as your physically inferior forms and come to live in Equestria!"

All of the leaders at the table threw various deadpanned looks at her. Finally, Gorbachev spoke up in an attempt to change the subject, as well as know the fate of his ships, "What happened in the Pacific?"

Celestia looked at him quizzically, "Do you mean the ships that were in the area that's now Equestria?" In return, Gorbachev nodded. "Those that were on the ships were converted into ponies and now live in Equestria."

Mikhail looked angry. Very angry. However, his expression wasn't the only one betraying such emotion- Reagan looked shocked, wondering why in the hell someone would have the nerve to touch ships belonging to his beloved nation. Surprisingly, of all the people in the room, the Chinese leader spoke up.

"Do you have any idea how many resources were on the ships? Do you know you just kidnapped two thousand Chinese citizens?"

Celestia gave him a death glare, "Like it matters to you, all you care about is power, not your people. They will be happier in Eques-"

"Then why don't you let people decide for themselves? Why do you have to do this against their will?"

"Well, uh-" The all-powerful 'goddess' of Equestria was put at a loss for words by the American ex-actor. In return, Reagan put on a sly smile.

"We can live in peace," Gorbachev spoke, hoping to avoid looking incompetent, "We don't need this, and you shouldn't either, we can work something out."

"War cannot happen, however, you cannot continue your self-destructive behavior, so join me, or I will force it with my magic. And you won't like it." She brandished a large bottle from a bag nearby, levitating it over.

The humans' surprise was quickly replaced by anger, and that fueled action. Reagan punched Celestia square in the face, knocking her down. Quickly, he rushed out of the room, followed by others. Two United Nations guards rushed in to take the place of the leaders who had fled. The first man pointed his M-16 at Celestia and fired, but a bright flash engulfed the room, and she was gone without a trace.

The second solider walked over to the bottle that still lay on the ground, its contents soaking into the teak floorboards. Meanwhile, the first man continued to scan the room, confused by the disappearance of the alicorn. The man investigating the substance pulled his radio off his vest and called for a hazmat cleanup team. As he turned to leave, he slipped and fell right into the puddle of the purple liquid, and he screamed, making his comrade rush over to pull him away, but it was too late. The first human to be ponified by potion could only lie there as he lost his humanity.


The world's leaders navigated the hordes of reporters, escorted by guards who were almost as good at this as they were, on their way to their respective transport vehicles. In the case of Reagan, it was his trusty Presidential Cadillac. His destination was the hotel he would be spending the night in, The Marriott.

Fifteen minutes later, his percussion pulled up to the hotel. He walked straight into an elevator, and got out at his penthouse suite. He walked over to his bed and sat down, rubbing his face. Two Marines entered the room behind him, carrying a brief case, which Reagan knew was the football. He picked up the phone on his nightstand, and requested a secure line.

"Sir, we're going to need to go to REDCON 2 for all of the Marines in the Pacific, and DEFCON 3 for all of our Air Force guys in Hawaii."

"Uh- yes sir, Mr. President," The Secretary of Defense said on the other side of the line, "Will that be all, sir?"

Reagan thought for a moment, "Yeah, that should be good."

The General acknowledged and the line went dead.


"Choryt!" Gorbachev cursed in his hotel room, "We're going to need to send more ships out there, landing ships."

One of the officers that stood in the room with him saluted and walked away to make it happen. Then, the balding mand turned towards another officer, "We want paras on standby. We can't let this can't go wrong."

The man nodded and followed the other man to a second section of the apartment. Suddenly, a bright flash engulfed the room and Mikhail jumped backward.