• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 31,219 Views, 3,609 Comments

Wanderings of a Non-Brony - BronyWriter



TD's journey around the lands outside of Equestria

  • ...
86
 3,609
 31,219

All I Can Do

I don't know how long I've been here, just sitting there in Celestia's forelegs and crying like a little kid in a way that I hadn't... well, probably since then. I do know that my mind keeps telling me that it's a dream, that I will wake up with the fair still on its way and the hope that I could go home still there.

But it isn't there.

Nothing is there at all

I am stuck in Equestria among ponies for the rest of my life. Heck, I'm even showing weakness in front of Celestia, something that I had never wanted to do. I know that she wouldn't think any less of me for it, but... well... no... did it matter? I'm not sure yet. I'm not sure if I'm embarrassed. Maybe a little. Right? No. I'm not going home. I can't...

So what's next?

Back to Ponyville, I guess.

To do what?

I can't go home.

I have to live with ponies now.

You could go to Saddle Arabia. Mesud liked you.

Same idea. More familiar faces here.

Why didn't it work?

You're crying in front of Celestia.

... Who cares? Do I? I dunno. Maybe.

I remember that the other ponies are in the room too, and I chance a glance at them. Fluttershy is crying too, and Rarity, who is tearing up herself, has her forelegs wrapped around her. The rest just look... deflated almost. They're all just staring at me with looks of pity and sorrow. They're really sad for me, aren't they?

I feel something on my shoulder, familiar claws that could only have been Oswald's I feel his warmth as he nuzzles my neck. I take a deep breath and wipe my eyes before giving him a watery smile. I stroke one of his talons, and he coos at me.

"I'm so sorry, TD," Celestia whispers again. "I will help you though this. Please know that."

I want to scream at her that she's done enough to me, but in the back of my mind I know that she's been doing her best to help me. She did try with the Crystal Heart. It's a national treasure, and she was willing to try it out to help me. I owe her that much.

I take another shaky breath and move out of her grasp. I run a hand through my hair and look over at the Mane Six and Spike again. I guess I'll be seeing a lot more of them. Ponyville, the Mane Six, being under Celestia's eye, trying to find a way to keep going, it guess that's my life now. It's time to go back to Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Sure it's a "here is the sequel" chapter, but the mods said one of those was okay as long as it advanced the narrative. Well, I think showing some of TD's inner turmoil and sending him on his way back to Ponyville does that. Hope you like what I have in store for you in Life of a Non-Brony!

Comments ( 148 )

For all of you who check down here, I spent some good time getting those first two chapters prepped and edited just for you. If you liked this tale, you'll like the threequel too. I guarantee it.

WHERE IS IT DAMMIT JOKER WHERE IS THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!! i48.tinypic.com/24ybi3o.jpg

Welp, back to the 'ol Ponytown full of the silly Ponies and the undercover Changelings that Pinkie teams up with to trick everypony into thinking she can be in six places at once. :derpytongue2:

3504232I thought Pinkie just was a team of six changelings...:pinkiegasp:

Huzzah! This is finally here!

You be a cruel, cruel man ta post such a short, short chapter... (Well played)

Compared to something I just read this was a sobering feels punch of a large scale man, yeah did good son.:pinkiesad2:

3504256 whats the name of that story again?

 I do know that my mind keeps telling me that it's a dream, that I will wake up with the fair still on its way and the hope that I could go home still there.

And at that moment TD woke up from the trauma induced coma.
.
.
.
Nah, would be too lucky for him.

(Was previously pointing out couple of errors, but edited out now that they're fixed because I won't stand for grammatical errors polluting this fine tale, not even in the comments section!)

Sorry if it sounds picky, but I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't care! :twilightsmile:

3504256
That's a different fic. :pinkiesmile:

3503451
Fuck those things are creepy. And thanks. I read this comment at 10:04 at night. Now I can't sleep.
:fluttercry:

AND NOW THEIR HORRIBLE FACE IS PLASTERED INTO MY MIND.

Damn, thought I had clicked the follow button to know when this was done! Oh well, that's easily rectified.

THE FEELS MAN, THE FEELS! :fluttercry: :applecry: :raritycry: Great job, I can't wait to read the continuation.

Made me think of this.

Gentlemen, it's the beginning of the end. I may have only caught up to this story mid way through this arc but I'll be damned to see it through to the bitter teary sappy end! Are you ready? ARE YOU READY? Lets have a go at it!

Clicks link...

HE WILL KILL TD IN THE END.
PROBABLY.
HOPEFULLY NOT THOUGH.

Wi don't even.... -goes to cry forever-

Okay... lets see how this goes...

Sue

Please know that.

No end quotes, other than that, good chapter.

3523636 Uh... no. Give me one good reason why I should describe in graphic detail exactly how he brutally killed her. Remember, this is a guy who doesn't particularly like violence, on top of the fact that there are kids listening to his story. Does TD really seem like the kind of guy who would sit in front of the CMC and say "And then I tore out her throat and stomped it on the ground before taking a knife and carving up her flesh piece by piece. I followed that up with breaking her teeth off one at a time."

No. That's not him at all.

Nice story, gave me quite a few chuckles. Oh, the first one was really good too. Forgot to say that when I finished it the other day.

Good luck on the next sequel, well the other chapters after the first two you have posted already. :twilightsmile:

3580555 Re-read it. It was a "Scrubs moment." It was in TD's imagination.

Now, I am shipping TD with somebody, but nobody knows who yet. :raritywink::pinkiehappy:

Woohoo! I'm the 10,000th viewer! Do I get a prize? =3

At any rate, grats on the readership!

3596245 TD was making a joke based on what he knew. You're over-analyzing it. I think that the context is clear enough to them.

3596650 As usual, I get no notification about a reply. This is getting rather annoying, I hope knighty will take a break from playing with the colors and fix it. Probably not. :facehoof:

I know very well that I'm over-analysing. It is both highly satisfying, and an intellectual exercise that may lead to other interesting ideas. More people should do it. I recommend at least one pointless analysis a day! :pinkiecrazy:
...And more sleep. Sleep is good. :ajsleepy:

I read...the entire 'Wanderings' story in a single sitting...and...I will just say, it was awesome. It was inspiring! It Was CHOCK FULL OF FEELS AND DANGER AND DARING AND PONIES AND GRIFFONS AND CRYSTAL PONIES AND DRAGONS AND SADDLE-Y PONIES AND ZEBRAS...ZEBRAS!!! It was so AWESOME AND I WANT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER BUT IF I DON'T SLEEP SOON I'LL DIE!!!

...


SCREW IT, 'LoaN-B' TIME!!! YOU SIR, NOW HAVE A CLAIM ON MY FEELS!

Celestia dang it, you made me cry...

Wow, this is an amazing story. Even reading this knowing he wasn't going to get back that ending got to me a bit. The way you've shown TD and how he's grow as a character in this has been great.

Anyway, on to the sequel, and then, the side stories!

3805339 Phoenix tears having healing powers is something tied to the mythos of the phoenix in general, and not restricted to Harry Potter. Now, I did learn that from HP, but it's not a direct HP reference as much as it is an attempt to keep with the mythos of the phoenix.

:pinkiehappy:wonderful story

3852269

Still, the Ranting should have been upped to "Teen" for that.

3984712

True enough, I suppose. :twilightblush:

3994440 I am your 2000th like, you're welcome.










...... I got nothing

4114416 You better be thanking me, you can't even being to believe how long I've been waiting for this moment!







Actually I just stumbled upon this story and saw that it was at 1999.

4179643 But... if I'm not even allowed to logic jokes to death, wha'ts left to me? :raritydespair:

...Seriously, though. I like my stories to be internally consistent, and characters understanding things that they couldn't possibly know, even for comedic effect, really bothers me.

I'll tell you this right now! I love this book of the NON-Brony story! Its exciding all of the way though! The ending is touching! The part with the Griffins was simpley amazing! How he almost died a lot but didn't! Lucky as he is!

The one part that keeps drawing me back to this story though is where he almost died in Sadlearabia! At times I take a shower or something and that part of the story always drifts back into my mind and I just smile and chear as I picture TD cracking that guard in the head!

It was just so. Entince!

:pinkiehappy:

4403605 Robots have no souls, foolish meatbag. :pinkiecrazy:

Have your 2100th like; you've more than earned it. Been a hell of a ride so far. Can't wait for the last one to be finished.

4410653
Execpt Gamma from the Sonic the Hedgehog Archie comic series.:ajsmug: bucket butt

4468999 Ewwwww! Sonic fans!

Shun! Shun!

:trollestia:

4471015
Just because I was able to counter your arguement of robots having no souls doesn't mean I'm a sonic fan, did sonic fans rape and kill your parents? Noooo... Did they burn down your house? Noooooo........ It's people like you that I hate because they lack the brainpower to make proper comments on the internet, you make me sick.

4473236
Not at all, just sad and emberesed that one of my fellow human being is now a fucking retard. x4.fjcdn.com/comments/+_c214c49944177cec505da9794a61c0c4.jpg

4473448 *grins and winks at the other readers* Looks like I found a new 'special friend'.

i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/beefowler/Hello%20Again/animaniacs-hello-friend-ac.gif

Login or register to comment