• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 21,351 Views, 1,394 Comments

A New Hero - Alex The Lone Wolf



What if there was another pony who joined the pony gang? (Look at longer description...)

  • ...
236
 1,394
 21,351

PreviousChapters Next
Return of Harmony : Part Two

Episode 28 – Return of Harmony Part 2

Discord fell to his side, continuing to laugh while I could only open my eyes slightly to look at him.

"And what are you laughing at?" Pinkie Pie announced angrily at him.

"Ho, you ponies are just the most fun I've had in eons." Discord responded while wiping a tear from his eye as he finished laughing.

"Well, quit it!" Pinkie Pie screamed at Discord, who managed to keep his grin. "You better think before you laugh at the Pink..." Pinkie Pie looked back for a moment to think. "…ie Pie!"

"Oh, yeah?" Fluttershy questioned with no longer a delicate tone. "Well ha, ha." She purposely laughed.

Pinkie Pie darted towards her. "Quit it!" She replied with anger.

"No. Ha, ha." Fluttershy continued to conjure more anger in Pinkie Pie on purpose.

"QUIT IT!"

"No. Ha ha-ha ha ha."

While Fluttershy continued to tick off Pinkie Pie, I heard Applejack from the side of me.

"Uh...Rarity? This here diamond of yours?" She placed her hooves on the boulder. "Twilight said we should split it six ways since we, uh, found it together."

"HI-YAH!" Rarity immediately flew over to Applejack and kicked her away from the boulder. "Try it, punk. He's mine. All mine! Ya! Ya! Ya!" She continued to frighten away Applejack as Twilight tried to stop them.

"Why are you all acting like this?" Twilight questioned. She rushed over to Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy who remained in their argument. "We need to stick together!"

Discord laughed. "It's just too entertaining." He announced as he sat on a couch, eating popcorn.

"Stop it, Discord. You're not playing fair." Twilight confronted him.

"I'm not playing fair?" Discord asked, placing his paw to his chest and sitting up from his seat. "Perhaps we haven't met. I'm Discord, spirit of chaos and disharmony. Hello?"

"How are we supposed to find the Elements of Harmony when you took away the labyrinth before we could get to the end?"

"Oh, wait, did you...?" Discord laughed with a few wheezes. "How funny! You thought the Elements were in the labyrinth? Why don't I jog your memory?" He cleared his throat. "'Twists and turns are my master plan. Then find the Elements back where you began.' I never said they were in the labyrinth."

"But...but…"

"Keep trying, Twilight Sparkle. Maybe the magic of friendship can help you." Discord mocked as he talked. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some chaos to wreak." He snapped his fingers and disappeared.

Thunder boomed and lightning flashed, revealing the pink clouds once again as they poured down chocolate milk. I observed upwards, but then slowly returned my eyes back towards the ground, sadly.

"Chocolate milk? I hate chocolate milk!" I heard Pinkie Pie exclaim.

Twilight released a frustrated grunt. "Think, Twilight, think!" I noticed Rarity begin to walk with her boulder beside me as Twilight continued talking. 'Find the Elements back where you began.' Back where you began."

Applejack bounced on top of it, alerting Rarity. "Don't touch my gem!"

Fluttershy flew over to the boulder and purposely placed her hoof on it. "I'm touching your gem, Rarity. Ha, ha."

"What 'chu laughin' at?" Pinkie Pie yelled.

I noticed that they all were different as they were shaded gray as well. Unless… after finding out their true intentions, is this the way I hear them now? Their real forms? I sighed sadly. The thought of that made my emotions even worse…

"Ugh. I just want to go home..." Twilight expressed until suddenly she figured out something. "Wait a minute...home! 'Back where you began!' The Elements must be in Ponyville! Come on, ponies!" Twilight directed at us as she began walking. I turned my head towards the others as they walked past me, continuing to complain and argue. I only looked at them with depressed eyes. There's nothing else I can do here… I guess I could just have them lead me back to Ponyville… then I'll leave them forever.

"I'm certain this is what Discord's riddle really meant." Twilight announced cheerfully as we arrived back at Ponyville. "If we get back to the library, I have a book that I just know could give us a clue." All of a sudden, a stampede of long-legged bunnies came out of nowhere and ran over Twilight. "Ah!" She held out a hoof for help, but I looked away and ignored it.

"Good boy, Angel! Mama's so proud." Fluttershy commented, cruelly.

The sun had immediately raced down, revealing night.

"Wow, I can see so much better now." Applejack said, sounding a little sarcastic, as I felt something weird below me. I looked and found out that soap had just magically appeared beneath us. Applejack began walking but eventually slipped through Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie, causing them to fall. "Whoa! I meant to do that."

Twilight had soon got up by herself, but just fell down as she slipped on the soap as well. "Wah! Ahh!" The sun had risen once again, revealing the path. "Discord's turned our dirt roads into soap!"

Discord traveled past us as if he had not a single problem with the new road. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Afterwards, he presented the town in its current state. "This is the new and improved Ponyville, and these are only my first of changes."

Pinkie Pie began following Discord's example as she mastered through the soap. She noticed Twilight notice her and responded. "This may look like fun, but it's not." Pinkie Pie contained the straight and angry expression on her face.

"Ugh!" Twilight groaned.

Discord placed his paw around Twilight and raised her. "Picture it: The chaos capital of the world."

The sun had lowered again.

Twilight narrowed her eyes. "I can't picture anything. It's too dark."

Discord released her and she splashed on the soap.

"Well, wait a few minutes and you'll see it in the beautiful light of day. Or not." Discord jumped into a hop and disappeared.

"Ponyville, the chaos capital of the world? Not if I have anything to say about it." Twilight answered to herself as she remained motivated.

"Don't worry, you won't." Fluttershy laughed in a delinquent way as she slid past Twilight.

Twilight sighed in frustration.

Eventually, Twilight led us towards her house. "Okay, we're here. Everypony please, please, please just go inside, please?"

"I absolutely refuse." Applejack lied, walking into the house and turning into an even darker shade of gray.

"With pleasure." Fluttershy flew by and stomped on her flowers first before going inside. She turned into a darker shade as well.

"I hate libraries!" Pinkie Pie shouted as she walked in, changing her appearance as well.

Twilight moaned and noticed Rarity trying to move her boulder. She walked over to her. "Pleeeease, we've gotta hurry!"

"Forget it, Twilight." Rarity replied. "I know what you're up to. The second I go in, you'll have your little minion Spike come and take Tom!" She placed both her hooves on the boulder.

"Tom?" Twilight questioned in a unbelievable tone.

"Well, it's not going to work." Thus, Rarity turned into a darker shade as she continued fascinating over her boulder.

"You're not going in without him, are you?"

"Mm-mm." Rarity grunted through closed lips.

Twilight looked over to me. "Alex, will you please talk some sense into her?"

I gave her a cold stare and turned my head away as I began walking towards the library.

Twilight instantly picked up the boulder. "Fine!" She began walking towards the house, grunting with each step.

Ignoring Twilight's struggles, I arrived inside the library. I saw Fluttershy pick up a bucket full of water and flew over to a sleeping Spike. She immediately turned over the bucket and drenched him in cold water, frightening Spike awake. "Ah! Brrr! What did you do that for, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy returned an evil and seductive expression. "'Cause you just looked so peaceful."

"I...uh..." Spike responded as he squeezed his tail. "…huh?"

A crashed suddenly occurred beside me.

"Careful, Twilight!" Rarity exclaimed as Twilight observed the mess she caused. "You'll ruin his beautiful finish."

"Oh, for the love of... " Twilight replied.

"Twilight, what's going on?" Spike immediately asked. "Why does everybody look so...gray?" He pointed at us.

"Don't ask." Twilight picked up Spike. "I need you to help me find something."

"Hey, Twilight, what's soaking wet and clueless?" Fluttershy asked with the same expression as she held on to the bucket.

"Fluttershy, I've had just about enough…" Fluttershy suddenly poured the water all over Twilight.

"Your face!" She threw the bucket on Twilight's face after, creating a large bang sound.

"What's happened to everypony?" Spike worriedly asked. He ran over to me and began pleading as he held my right foreleg. "Alex, you have to help them, please!"

I pulled away my foreleg and gave him a cold stare as well. "Get away from me…"

He returned a sad look as he walked back over to Twilight.

"Ugh. No time to explain." Twilight announced as she began reading through her book. "We've got to find the reference guide to the Elements of Harmony before somepony does something she'll regret." She muttered under her breath as she stared back at the others with an irritated face.

"The Elements of Harmony?" Spike asked and then brightened his face. "Oh, I know exactly where that book is." He climbed up a ladder and reached out for a book. "Found it!" He exclaimed as he pulled it out.

Fluttershy immediately threw a scroll at Spike, causing him to release the grip on the book and make it fall into her hooves. "Hah!"

"Fluttershy, you better give me that book!" Twilight warned.

"Keep away!" Fluttershy replied in a sing-song voice as she threw the book over to Applejack.

Applejack caught the book on her nose and began balancing it.

"Hey!" Twilight shouted. "Applejack, give me that book!"

"I don't have any book." Applejack answered and threw it over to Pinkie Pie, who bounced it over to Fluttershy.

"Pinkie!" Twilight scolded. "You guys! Stop it right now!" Twilight continued to chase after the book but failed.

I turned around and sat down, closing my eyes.

"Alex, you have to help me! Please!" Twilight pleaded.

However, I didn't answer as I lowered my head even more.

About the third time Fluttershy was about to catch the book, Spike pushed her away instead. The book slid over to Twilight. She was about to grab it but Rarity lifted it with her magic and ran away with it. "Mine!"

"Hey, do you even know what you just stole?"

"No, but if you want it, I want it."

Twilight, now furious, released a long and strained groan. "Give me that book!" She screamed and ran after Rarity. However, Fluttershy lowered her hooves to grab Rarity and lift her off the floor, leaving Twilight to crash into the boulder. "Where is she…?" She recovered, shaking her head. "Where's Rarity?" She asked.

"Beats me." Applejack spoke in a spoiled tone.

"Lies!" Twilight exclaimed and dove at Pinkie Pie and Applejack, beginning a fight. As they fought over the book, I could only remain out of it, feeling depressed and sighing.

Finally, Twilight jumped out of the mess with the book in her hooves.

"Get back! All of you!" She warned as she noticed Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie crawling towards her. Spike presented himself in front of Twilight, swinging a scroll around to try to prevent the others from getting nearer. "This is my book. And I'm going to READ IT!" Twilight opened the book and looked inside. She gasped. "The Elements!" I turned my head to face the book. They were there. All the necklaces and Twilight's tiara lay in the huge hole in the book. "They were here all along!"

"This is great!" Spike ran over to Twilight. "Now you guys can defeat Discord and put everything back to normal!"

"See ponies? We did it! We found the Elements of Harmony! Together!" Twilight announced to us as Spike held the book in hands. However, Applejack leaned on an object in her usual cowboy pose. Fluttershy was purposely annoying Pinkie Pie by flipping her hair around as Pinkie Pie sat in front of the boulder annoyed, which Rarity was polishing with a pink rag. Twilight noticed this and walked over to the girls. "You don't even care, do you?"

"No!" They all exclaimed in unison as I remained silent.

Twilight sighed. "I never thought it would happen. My friends... have turned into complete JERKS!" Unwilling, she began placing the elements on the girls. "Necklace! Necklace! Necklace! Necklace! And big crown thingy!" She placed the tiara on herself. "Come on everypony, let's go!" She began walking out the door.

Spike ran by her side. "But Twilight, aren't you missing somepony?"

"Nope." Twilight stopped. "We've got the liar, the grump, the hoarder, the brute, and…" Twilight halted herself when she looked at me as I looked away, sadly. She sighed sadly as well. "That just about covers it…"

"But what about Rainbow Dash?" Spike asked.

Twilight thought for a moment. "Congratulations Spike, you're the new Rainbow Dash." She placed the necklace on him. "Now let's go!" She began running out the library again.

"Me? B-b-but what if she finds out I've been impersonating her?" He moaned. "That won't end well."

"Too bad, you're Rainbow Dash. Now let's go defeat Discord so we don't ever have to talk to each other again!"

"Yeah! Woo-hoo!" All of them but Rarity cheered as they galloped out the library. Rarity was still pushing her giant boulder out the room.

I slowly sat up and began waking gloomily out of the area. "Whatever…"

Before I exited, Twilight noticed Rarity with her boulder again and ran back inside. "Move!" She shouted to Rarity and picked up the boulder with her magic. "Look out, here comes Tom!" She warned and threw the boulder out the window.

"Well, well, well, I see you've found the Elements of Harmony." I heard Discord when I was outside. "How terrifying!"

"Discord! I've figured out your lame riddle." Twilight responded aggressively. "You're in for it now!"

"I certainly am. You've clearly out-dueled me, and now it's time to meet my fate." He placed on red sunglasses. "I'm prepared to be defeated now, ladies. Fire when ready." He created a red target on himself.

"Formation, now!" Twilight shouted angrily, standing next to me.

"Eh." The others replied, not caring.

"Rainbow Dash, get over here!" Twilight called Spike who was hiding behind a boulder. He ran over to us. "All right, let's get this over with."

The girls and Twilight began their attack as they focused the elements on Discord. Twilight began rising up in the air as she opened her eyes, revealing total whiteness. The girls followed her, activating their elements. Spike and I remained on the ground. I felt… absolutely nothing… I didn't care… I didn't care at all. Discord lowered his sunglasses in surprised as he witnessed the bright light emerge.

Just about as the elements looked as if they were going to work, the bright light suddenly disappeared and they all fell towards the ground.

"What's going on?" Twilight questioned.

"Mine's workin'." Applejack replied. "There must be somethin' wrong with yours." She pointed towards Twilight.

"I HATE the Elements of Harmony!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Hmph!" Fluttershy threw her necklace away from her. "Garbage."

Rarity immediately rushed over to Fluttershy's necklace when it landed on the floor. "MINE!"

"Sorry, Twilight." Spike apologized as he placed the necklace back on the ground besides Twilight. "I guess I'd better get back upstairs and clean up the library. Good luck with all this- Fluttershy had lowered herself near Spike and placed her tail on the ground as Spike was running. He tripped and landed on the floor. "whoa!"

"Oops." She spoke mockingly. "Sorry, Rainbow Crash." She chuckled afterwards.

"Bravo, ponies, bravo!" Discord clapped his hands as he walked over to us. "Harmony in Equestria is officially dead. Discord rules, Celestia drools." Twilight released a growl as Discord slipped on away on the soap, continuing to laugh. "I await your decision, Alex!"

"What…? Decision? What's he talking about, Alex?" Twilight asked me, but I didn't turn around to respond.

"It's your fault it didn't work." Pinkie Pie announced, interrupting the moment.

"Who are you talking to?" Twilight asked.

"Any of you! ALL OF YOU! I'm outta here!" She bounced angrily out of the area.

"I better go, too. I've got new better friends waiting for me at the farm." Applejack walked out.

Rarity was too busy dragging the boulder away from us.

"Yeah! I'm sick of you losers." Fluttershy flew away.

"FINE! Leave! See if I care! I don't need you guys either! With friends like you, who needs...enemies..." She lowered her head.

I began walking away without saying a word, tired of all the things that happened. I just wanted to go home and lie on my bed, forever.

"Wait!" Twilight exclaimed. I glanced back with a slightly angry expression on my face. I analyzed Twilight's face. She looked very worried. "Alex… don't leave me here by myself… you're my best friend…please…" She looked as if she wanted to cry.

Suddenly, I felt like I wanted to go back to her… as if I wanted to apologize for everything that's happened. I felt like I wanted to just comfort her as she returned a worried and gloomy look towards me. I thought for a moment but then I remembered what Discord told me and showed me in the pond. I'm not letting any pony use me ever again… I turned my head away coldly and began walking away from Twilight. Behind me, I could feel her aura change and even hear a teardrop splash on the ground. As I walked, I noticed my body turn into an even darker shade of gray.

I entered my house and walked up the stairs. Before going to bed, I walked into the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and observed my gray self.

She's right… I AM just a big mistake…why else would no pony want me? My parents didn't want me. My sister didn't want me. Kids at the school didn't want me! I immediately felt enraged, so I filled the sink with ice cold water and forced my head in there. After a moment, I slowly lifted my head. Water was dripping from my face and mane. I was back to being depressed. I let the water flow down the sink and walked over to my bed. I lay myself on there and closed my eyes.

Back to step one… and this has been like what…? The twentieth time? Not only did I experience the same outcome again, I can never go outside again. I came here to get a fresh start, and this happens again? You've got to be kidding me! I released my anger by hitting the pillow. I released a breath and calmed down again.

Discord's right… I'll never have any friends… I'll always be alone… forever… That's what I'll do… I'll stay here… in my bed… and never come out ever again… Maybe everypony will be happy again? Maybe I'll be gone and they won't have to worry about me again? They'll all be happy… because I can never escape to anywhere without feeling the pain all over again…

A tear slipped out of my eye, and I eventually fell asleep.

When I awoke, I heard loud and rapid knockings on my door. I slowly sat up and walked downstairs to the door. I sadly opened it and saw them… the girls…

"What do you want?" I asked in a very irritated tone.

"Alex." Twilight answered. "We're here to fight for our friendship!"

Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash all stood there, smiling. They weren't gray any more…

However, I returned an angry look. "I don't want any of you here! You've done enough damage! Now leave!"

Twilight sighed. "I'm sorry, Alex. But I have to do this…for our friendship…" She looked over to the girls. "Hold him down girls!"

"What?" I responded and was suddenly pushed down by Applejack and Rainbow Dash who held my forelegs on the floor. Pinkie Pie and Rarity held my back legs down. "What are you doing?" I exclaimed, struggling to free myself. "Let me go!" I demanded as Twilight began walking on top of me.

"Don't worry, Alex… we'll get you to your normal self…" She lowered her horn towards me and began using magic as I continued struggling.

Suddenly, memories came back. The memories that I've been wanting to escape for so long. I saw it all again… I relived it all again. The laughter. The cold shoulders. The pointed hooves! The beatings! The using! The loneliness!

"GET OFF ME!" I screamed, forcefully pushing off Twilight with my back legs I had freed. After, I pulled my forelegs away and immediately stood up. I quickly backed away, stumbling into things.

"Alex!" Twilight exclaimed in fright as they all had their hoofs to their mouths in shock.

I was panting heavily. "I've told you all to LEAVE ME ALONE!" I began feeling tears pour down my face. "Why can't you do that? I've been through enough pain! But YOU all had to replay it in my mind AGAIN! JUST. LEAVE. ME. ALONE!" I continued panting heavily as tears fell from my face.

There was a long silence as all the ponies stared at me, highly shocked.

"But… Alex…" Twilight said, moving her hoof in front of her and taking a step forward to touch me, but I quickly took another step back, knocking things off the wall and counter that was behind me.

"NO! Get away from me! All of you! I don't want to see any of you ever again! So, just leave me alone!"

There was another long silence.

"But, Alex…" Applejack now tried to take a step towards me, but Twilight quickly placed her hoof in front of her to stop her.

"No…" Twilight spoke.

"Twilight!" Applejack argued.

Twilight shook her head solemnly. "There's nothing we can do…"

"What? No! There's something we can do!"

Twilight sighed and shook her head again. "Let's just get out of here before we hurt him even more…"

I continued panting as I stared at them. Both sweat and tears fell from my face, and I was bleeding inside…

I knew Applejack wanted to do something, but she took a look at me and noticed the horrible condition I was in. She lowered her head and slowly began walking away. Twilight at the others began walking away sadly as well. There was one pony left at the door… It was Fluttershy… She continued staring at me with teary eyes. We stared at each other for a moment until a tear finally fell out of her eye, causing her to close them and walk away as well.

As soon as they left, I immediately slammed the door shut and planted myself on it. As I sat down behind the door, I looked at my hooves. They were shaking… my whole body was shaking… but it was the usual shakes… They were shaking from fear and sadness, even anger. I was so angry I wanted to grab anything I could find and throw it against the wall and break it.

I stood up and quickly walked over to the wall near the staircase. I instantly grabbed the empty photo frame and lifted my forelegs to throw it against the floor. However, I immediately stopped. My anger began slipping away and I let my forelegs drop back down. I sighed and let the photo frame slip through my hoof.

I walked sadly up the stairs and towards my bed. I lay myself on there once again and closed my eyes. I felt immediately darkness not only surround my heart, but around me as well. I felt as if the little bit of light that was left was dimming.

There it is again… that same feeling of loneliness again. Why am I still here? What purpose do I have here but by miserable? …It's a question I can't answer…

Just about when I felt that total darkness was going to engulf me, I removed my head from the pillow and looked up. I saw the medal and trophy from the Running of the Leaves. I stared at it for a moment but then grew angry and quickly forced my head back under the pillow.

However, my mind calmed down and my head slipped out of the pillow again. My eyes drifted towards the trophy and became locked onto it. After a moment, I slowly walked out of bed and towards the trophy. I grabbed the trophy and analyzed it. On the bottom, it displayed: Running of the Leaves. First Place. I continued observing it, along with the medal.

After I was finished looking at them, I placed them back on the shelf, but then something else caught my eye… a neatly decorated gold star that was hung by a chain. I slowly grabbed it and sat on my bed. The good luck charm…the good luck charm Twilight gave me…

"Pull out your hoof. It's a good luck charm."

"A good luck charm?"

"Yup. I made it with magic for you a while back… I figured now is probably a good time to give it to you… you know… since you're my best friend and all… and I don't just mean my best friend… I mean like… my best of best friends…"

Best of best friends… That's what she told me… That I was her best of best friends… She didn't say it without meaning. I felt that meaning… I felt the heart behind her words when she gave me the good luck charm… and that's it. She gave me something… not only expressed words… but gave me a good luck charm as well!

No pony that used me would have given me anything so magical…

I placed the good luck charm back and noticed the next thing. The gem Rarity gave me… I grabbed it and sat back on my bed.

"There's something I wanted to give you…"

"What is it?"

"Here."

"Really, Rarity? For me?"

"Like I said, you deserve it. You know… there aren't many ponies like you anymore…"

I continued observing the gem…the gem that Rarity most likely had only one of and instead of using it for her dress, she gave it to me. The gem… it is one of kind…wait… is that why she gave it to me…? She told me that there weren't many ponies like me anymore… did that mean… When she gave me the gem that could have instantly made her famous in Equestria, did that mean that she thought I was unique? Just like the gem…? One a kind…

No pony that used me would have been so generous to give me a unique item that represents me…

I carefully placed the gem back and sat on my bed. Afterwards, I turned my head to see the counter in front of the bed. I noticed it…the whistle…the whistle Rainbow Dash had given me. I sat up and walked over to the counter. I grabbed it and sat down on the floor. I analyzed its shiny rainbow color.

"…well anyway, I've just wanted to give you something."

"Give me something? For what?"

"For being a good friend and all."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Here."

"A whistle?"

"Yeah, you know! Whenever you're in trouble, just blow it and I'll be right there to help ya!"

"Thanks, Rainbow Dash… but I don't think I ne—

"Okay, okay. Fine, Mr. Tough-hooves. But even if you need someone to try to make you laugh or smile… You can count on me!"

"Thanks, Rainbow Dash…"

Rainbow Dash gave me this… in case I ever needed someone… even if it was just to make me smile… She spent the time to actually go to me and give me a whistle to call her whenever I needed her… She told me that she'll be right there to help me… at first; I couldn't really believe it, but…

No pony that used me would have proved herself to be so loyal to actually make a calling for me whenever I needed to reach her…

I placed the whistle back on the counter.

Then, it reminded me of something else…

I walked down the stairs towards the kitchen and opened the fridge.

It's still there…

I grabbed the cupcake and closed the refrigerator door. I took it to the table nearby and sat myself. I continued analyzing the cupcake…the cupcake that Pinkie Pie gave me because… she wanted me to smile…

I looked at the top of the cupcake which presented Pinkie Pie pointing at me, stating: I want YOU to smile! The cupcake was still in great and basically new condition… and Pinkie Pie… spent her birthday wish on me…

"Okay, Pinkie Pie. Make a wish and blow the candles!"

"What did you wish for Pinkie Pie?"

"Well…I'm not supposed to tell...but… I wished for Alex to smile very soon!"

"Huh?"

"Yep! See? I made this for you back at Sugarcube Corner! I was hoping it'd help you to smile."

"I don't know what to say, Pinkie Pie…"

"Just say you'll smile!"

Pinkie Pie… to go through so much to just to attempt to make me smile…to make a cupcake and use her annual birthday wish on me… She saw how all her friends smiled except me… and she wanted to change that in any way she could…

No pony that used me would have done so much… just to try to bring laughter into my life…

I continued observing the cupcake for a moment more and then placed it back in the fridge. I turned around and looked outside the window. I saw all the mess Discord had piled up in Ponyville… but something amazing caught my eye and kept me from looking at it… It was the apple tree I had planted with the seed Applejack gave me. The apple tree wasn't majorly grown… but I could see it begin to spread out and slowly grow a piece at a time…

"Look at me, Sugarcube. Let me tell you something… You see Alex… you are like an apple… ponies take bites of you until they reach the core…afterwards, they throw you away… leaving you to only gather dirt and dust…alone…but then come the ponies who really care about you…us… We pick you up and dust you off. After, we take the seeds from your core and plant them with tender, love, and care. With our friendship…you'll grow to be a big and strong tree…or pony in this case… and you'll have many more apples to share with everypony… the ones who care about you… Here, Alex. This is the seed I saved from one of Bloomberg's apples. I was hoping I could plant it, so another tree would grow in our acres…but… You should have it… that way… as you see it grow… you can always remember what we talked about…okay…?"

And I did… I did remember…the way Applejack had talked to me… so sensitive and considerate…caring…compassionate… She was very truthful with me…so… she does care… she can't lie… she wouldn't…not even if it was to use somepony for a personal need… not her…

No pony that used me would have been so honest with me…

I remembered the most special pony to me. I quickly walked up the stairs and over to the bed. I lay down on it and gazed up at the ceiling. After, I turned to my side and noticed the gift on the nightstand. I grabbed it and observed as well… The heart that Fluttershy gave me on the night we had spent together in harmony…

"There's still something I want to do before this night ends…"

"What is it? …Fluttershy, what are we…?"

"We're having our dance."

"I…I don't really know how to dance…"

"That's okay... I'll help you. Just relax and follow my movements… There you go… You're doing great… There's something I want to give you… after we finish our dance…"

She didn't get to tell me why she had made that for me because she fell asleep as I held her… I remembered carrying her to her room and putting her to bed. Before I left… I accepted her gift and gave her a kiss goodnight on her cheek. I had never done that before… nor did I ever think of doing it… it just… happened… my heart… it told me to do that… and when I did… it felt amazing and wonderful… Fluttershy's the pony who's shown me so much affection and caring. She's the pony I have true special feelings for. Whenever I'm around her… I feel so warm and excited on the inside as my heart pumps rapidly when I'm with her at such a time. My heart wants to do something that my head is too afraid to actually comply with…

No pony that used me would have been so kind to me…

Not only was she kind… but she made me feel very special… something that I could not explain or identify… it was just a great feeling that I truly adored… just like I truly adored Fluttershy…

I immediately felt change… a good change. I looked at my body and my color was fully restored. I was no longer gray and dull. I was me. The real me. I carefully placed the hoof-crafted heart back on the nightstand and got off from bed. I quickly walked downstairs and out the door.

I knew what I had to do.

"I'll tell you what we've learned Discord." I heard Twilight's voice as I neared the objective. I saw the girls confront Discord as he kept that goofy smile on his face. I remained hidden behind the giant house of cards. "We've learned that friendship isn't always easy. But there's no doubt it's worth fighting for."

"Ugh, gag. Fine, go ahead, try and use your little Elements. Friend me." He mocked. "Just make it quick. I'm missing some excellent chaos here."

"All right, ladies, let's show him what friendship can do!" Twilight exclaimed as the six of them stood their ground and began releasing their elements. Discord yawned in boredom. Soon, all the girls began shooting light out from the elements. Discord kept his smile as the elements merely missed him, or actually touched him, but didn't do anything.

After a moment, the girls finished, panting. Discord remained at his seat.

"Well, I appreciate the effort girls, but I really must get back to all the chaos that's waiting for me… you know… that kind of stuff…"

Twilight sighed sadly. "It didn't work…"

"Duh!" Discord replied. "Did you actually think it would work without the seventh element, young ladies? It doesn't work like that… it's like eating… hay and oats without a mouth to chew. It doesn't work like that. Well… actually… you know what? I could probably fit that in with my schedule."

"It's no use, Twilight… we can't do this… not without Alex…" Applejack told Twilight.

"But he told us he never wants to see us again… After what we had done to him, I couldn't possibly risk anymore pain towards him."

"I just miss him so much Twilight…"

"Me too…"

Everypony agreed, causing Discord to gag. "Listen, if you ponies aren't going get rid of yourselves and this whole… friendship and love fest… then I'm going to have to do it myself!"

Discord raised his claw, which began glowing. All the girls suddenly began moving towards him by force. When I saw all six of them held up in front of Discord, struggling to be freed, I realized it was time to step in…

"Stop!" I shouted, walking out of the card house and bringing it down with me.

"Oh ho ho! Why here comes your precious little 'hero' now!" Discord responded as he continued holding the girls hostage. "Tell me, Alex. Have you made your decision?"

"Yes." I answered briefly.

"And is that decision the one where you choose to rule alongside me as we make Equestria into eternal chaos?" Discord asked, grinning.

I looked over at the girls. They returned looks combined with struggle and worries. They didn't know what I was going to do; especially on how I reacted the last time I saw them… I looked back at Discord who was awaiting my answer. After a moment of silence, I answered. "Yes…"

"Wonderful!" Discord replied cheerfully.

The six girls gasped loudly.

"No, Alex…" Twilight slipped out.

Discord used his force to grab and place me near him on his throne. "So, Alex… what do you suppose we shall do to these ponies?"

The sent worried eyes as I looked at them, responding to Discord. "Actually, I have something in mind for them. But first… there's something I want to give you for showing me the truth…"

"Oh, really? What is it?" He asked excitedly.

"Close your eyes and stick out your claw."

"Oh, boy! Oh, boy!" Discord began hopping excitedly in his chair.

"Now, lower your head towards me and I'll give you the gift."

"Okie, Dokie!" He did so.

I took a good look at his head. I actually didn't have any gift he was expecting.

Suddenly, I kicked his head with full force, immediately causing him to drop the girls. "WHAT THE?"

"That's what you get for lying about my friends!" I exclaimed and jumped down to meet the girls. "Are you all alright?" I asked.

"We're better now that you're here…" Twilight answered as all the ponies returned smiles.

"You little brat!" Discord announced angrily. "I show you what your 'friends' really are, and this is how you pay me?"

"Well, Discord… I'll admit. You DID show me the truth. But it wasn't the way you expected. You wanted me to abandon them so you could get rid of them, because without the seventh element… there are no Elements of Harmony that can defeat you. Instead, you brought me to discover the truth for myself when I thought about all the things they've done for me…" I looked at them as they smiled with great compassion. "They've done things no pony has ever done for me before…which make them…my friends…"

"Grrr!" Discord growled. "I've had just about enough of this!" Discord began preparing a big storm of chaos towards us, but I instantly summoned something within my heart to prevent him from doing so, causing another blinding light. "What?"

"C'mon, girls." I looked at them seriously. "Let's get rid of this fool."

Everypony began the strength of the Elements of Harmony. Each of the girls' necklaces glowed as they summoned the power of their cutie marks. They began shooting at Discord. This time, they nearly hit him, causing him to freak out. "No." Discord released. I looked at Twilight and nodded. She nodded back with a grin and activated her element. Her eyes glowed white. The girls and I began levitating. They awaited my final move. I looked at Discord as he stared back at us, frightened. I closed my eyes and opened my heart, finishing Discord once at for all. For the first time, my color completely joined with the girls' rainbow as it blasted from us. The rainbow shot towards the sky and turned back down to attack Discord. "NO!" As he was encased inside the rainbow, his body immediately began forming into stone.

The rainbow surrounded the area and burst, creating a light that blinded the entire town. Once we landed safely back on our feet, I could see the other girls smiling as we noticed everything was back to normal. Discord's statue landed roughly on the ground. I took a step forward and observed it. He was not laughing anymore, but now he presented an image of fright as the Elements of Harmony won the battle.

Suddenly, I was tackled by many ponies behind me. All the girls had hugged me so forcefully that they threw me to the grass along with them.

"Alex, I'm so glad you came back!" Twilight exclaimed.

"We sure are. We missed you so much, Sugarcube!" Applejack added.

"Really…?" I responded and narrowed my eyes.

The girls had released their grip on me and stood up. They analyzed my face.

"Well, you still look sad…" Rarity noticed.

I sighed. Discord may have been wrong about my friends wanting to use me… but… he was right about my mark. It was a lone wolf… does that mean I'll still lose them, somehow?

"Alex?" Rainbow Dash asked, taking a step forward to me.

I sat up from lying down on my back and looked at them. "Well… you see… it's just…"

A ball of light formed, and Princess Celestia appeared.

"Princess Celestia!" The girls cried out in surprise and bowed. I stood up and bowed along with them.

"You ponies did it!" Princess Celestia exclaimed joyfully.. "I knew all of you would be victorious!"

"Nothing can defeat true friendship, Princess." Twilight gave a wide smile.

Princess returned a heartwarming smile to all of us. "This calls for a celebration."

Princess Celestia called all the ponies in Ponyville and Canterlot to gather in the royal hall. When it was time for us to walk in, we opened the doors and did so. We saw the Princess standing at the end of the hall with Spike along her side. As we walked towards her, we could see all the ponies looking at us, happily.

When we reached Princess Celestia, she formed a grin that narrowed her eyes. Applejack returned the same expression. Twilight nodded and looked over to Spike, who was waving shyly at her. Twilight shot another bashful expression and looked back to Princess Celestia.

"We are gathered here today to once again honor the heroism of these seven friends who stood up to the villain Discord and saved Equestria from eternal chaos." Princess Celestia announced, proudly.

Everypony behind us cheered loudly. Princess Celestia then opened a curtain nearby with her magic, revealing another stain-glassed window. The window depicted Discord being defeated by all seven of us. I could only narrow my eyes at the window and slightly look away.

However, the girls looked back at the ponies who continued cheering as confetti rained down upon us. They returned gleeful smiles… but I remained the same…

After the ceremony, Princess Celestia held a party in the honor of us. Pinkie Pie was over at the buffet, eating to her heart's desires… being her usual self… Twilight was with the Princess, talking about all sorts of things. Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash were at a table, laughing and talking.

I knew I was supposed to be having a good time… especially after we defeated Discord… but I couldn't shake the feeling off me. I continued to remember what Discord told me. I was a lone wolf… destined to be alone forever… I would have believed it to be another one of Discord's lies, but my mark was planted firmly on my flank. I… I couldn't look away and ignore it…

As I continued to stare at the girls have fun, I could only think if it was time… If I'm going to leave their lives at one point in my life, then I might as well do it now… that way… I don't have to see their tearful faces…

I turned around and walked out of the party, as well as the building. Once I was outside, I began walking towards Ponyville. On the way, I could feel a light drop of water splash on my face.

When I arrived, I didn't go back to my home. I walked over to my true home. The place where I took shelter when I first arrived here.

I saw the cave. I walked over to it and observed it for a moment. In the middle of my analysis, it began to rain. I looked upwards the sky to see the drops of water rain down from lightly to heavily. After, I looked back at the cave and sighed. I tried to take shelter under there but it's been a long time since I have. The cave seemed a little smaller than before, but that's because I had grown since then.

Nonetheless, I managed to crawl under the top of the cave and remain lying down. I placed my hooves in front of me and rested my head on them. I could only feel more and more saddened as I stared out into the rain. I was a pretty far distance away from any houses. There were only trees that surrounded the cave and me. I couldn't stop thinking about the girls, but on the contrary, I couldn't stop thinking about my mark.

It's for the best… I wouldn't want them to grow too attached to me to where they would never be able to get over me. I might as well leave soon before it's too late… It's just the way it has to be… my mark proves it…

I sighed and closed my eyes, back where I started when I was young.

I opened my eyes some time later. It was still raining heavily. I crawled out of my cave and sat in front of it, leaning against a part of the wall. I just couldn't stop thinking about them… about everything we've been through… did it really have to end? I feel so alone that ever before… but I just have to adapt to it again…

I sat there, outside, leaving myself to be drenched out in the rain. I felt tears form in my eyes and fall down my face, but I wasn't so sure if they actually were tears because they mixed with the rain anyway. I guess I'll just remain here forever. I can't go out to anypony again. I can't see the girls again. If I do, I'll just be hurting them more…

"Alex…!" I heard a sudden faint call for my name. "Alex!" The voice sounded really worried. I pulled up my head and looked around me. I didn't see anypony. Who was calling me…? "Alex!" I heard the call again, much closer. All of sudden, a pony flew by me, but she had seen me before she past me. "Alex!" she called me name, racing towards me. "Alex, what are you doing out here? We've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Fluttershy, no!" I immediately began crawling back to my cave but Fluttershy prevented me to do so by placing her hooves against me and holding me gently on the wall.

"Alex, what's wrong? Why are you here? Why are you acting like this?"

"I can't let you girls find me, Fluttershy. You should just go and never come back."

"But…why…?" Fluttershy asked, starting to form tears in her eyes.

"Fluttershy…" I was hurt to see her form tears. I looked away and answered. "Fluttershy…please… I'll just hurt you more if you don't leave…"

"Alex…" She remained and landed on the ground, sitting down. "You need to tell me…why are you like this…? I want to help you…so much…"

I didn't answer as I continued looking away. Maybe if I tell her the truth, she'll go away? She has to… I can't hurt her anymore…

I shook my head lightly. "What if he's right…?" I spoke softly.

"What…?" Fluttershy asked.

I turned my head towards her. "What if he's right, Fluttershy?"

"Who? Right about what?" Fluttershy quickly questioned.

"Discord! He told me that I was destined to be forever alone! And it wasn't a lie! Look!" I showed her my mark. "That's the proof, right there! A lone wolf… that's what I am… There is no expression on the wolf… he is just…blank… I should have known there would be no chance of killing this loneliness permanently…that's the way it's been for my whole life… ever since I was born…"

"Alex…" Fluttershy could only reply.

I turned my head away and began to feel the emotions stream down my face.

"It all started when I was very little. As far as I could remember, I had a pitiful life. I had what was supposed to be a 'family'… a mom, a dad, and a sister who was older than me. They didn't like me. They didn't even want me in the first place. We had a home in Fillydelphia. However, most of the time, my family was never home. My parents had always gone out for some reason, and my sister always left the house with her friends to go somewhere. I remained home alone. When they were home, they always made me feel like…like…garbage… whenever they found an excuse; they would beat me, leaving bruises and other painful memories… That's the reason I always preferred it for them not to be there… I remember one day when they were home… We had this vase. It was beautiful. I didn't know how they got it, but… it was just amazing. Every time I had passed it, I couldn't help but stare at it for a moment. One day, my sister was walking out of her room, getting ready to go out with her friends again. She saw me staring at the vase, so she purposely walked up to me and began her torturing…

'Move!'

I slowly moved out of her way, but she just pushed me anyway. She had knocked me onto the counter which the vase stood on. My impact caused the vase to wobble and fall to its doom. We both heard that piercing shriek of the vase as it cracked open and broke on the floor. I still remember how the scene looked… the vase was pure white on the inside as its pieces were shattered everywhere on the floor.

'See what you did?'

I could only remain silent in shock as I stared at the horrible scene. My parents immediately came out after they heard the crash. They ran over to us and asked what happened.

'This loser broke your priceless vase, mom!'

I could see my mom stare at me with deadly eyes. I could only stare back, frightened of what was to come. Finally, my mom released steam and shouted at me.

'Get out of my face! You make me sick!'

'But…I…'

'I said, GET OUT!'

'You heard mom. Go away you little creep.'

'But… I didn't do anything…'

'Oh? And I suppose you're telling me that she broke it?'

I couldn't say anything…

'Of course it was him, mom. He always wrecks everything he sees! I don't even know why he had to be born! He was just a big mistake!'

At that moment, my father sent me angry eyes as well and dragged me out of there. He took me to another room and… well… you know what happens after…

That night, I slept outside in the rain. I could only remain beside the house as I cried myself to sleep while continuing to feel the soreness throughout my whole body. It was still better than being in there…

As if things weren't already bad enough at home, I had to live with the same thing at school. All the ponies there teased me, humiliated me, bullied me, all just for laughs and feelings of triumph. There were several times where ponies walked up to me and pretended to my friend. Naïve at the time, I agreed. However, I still felt a little uneasy about the agreement. I knew I should have declined… but…"

I sighed.

"…I guess I still had a small light of hope in me… Well they did it. They either took me for granted by assisting or doing something for them and throwing me away, or purposely sabotaging and deceiving me for the enjoyment of other classmates. I couldn't do anything but slowly walk out of there, holding back tears.

Soon, that fateful day came… Unfortunately, I remember like it was yesterday… The classroom was noisy as all the kids talked to each other and laughed. I was fortunate enough to receive some peace as I sat in the way back of the classroom with my desk isolated from the others. The teacher wasn't in the classroom yet, so I began drawing on my paper. I began drawing about what it might feel to have friends and be happy… but nothing ever came to mind. So instead, it turned to just another sad picture of the loneliness I felt.

Not all the ponies in the school hated me, though… there was one pony; the teacher. From the time I spent at school, I never missed a day or behaved disrespectfully. She noticed this and felt something different for me. Especially after receiving enough bad treatment when I was in the playground, I entered the classroom instead to have some time for myself… The teacher would stay in there to read or grade papers, and she noticed how I would enter the classroom and remain quiet as I waited for recess to be over. I could tell she thought I was special… I was a student who always did his work and never disrespected anyone. But she didn't know the real truth about me on that day…

When the teacher finally entered the classroom, she told all the students to settle down. After a moment, they finally quieted down and listened to what the teacher had to announce.

'Okay, my little ponies. Hopefully you all have been writing those essays I assigned you about what friendship really means?'

I remained quiet. I didn't do the essay. Not that I didn't want to… but that I couldn't. I could only wait while the teacher began looking throughout the room for somepony to pick to read their essay.

'Why don't we start off with a great student?'

The teacher had looked over to me.

'Alex, why don't you start us off with your essay, hm?'

She released a gentle smile. I didn't know what to do… After a moment of hesitating and silence, I slowly got up from the desk and began walking towards the front of the classroom. I could feel all their seductive eyes lay on me as I walked. They had something planned… I just knew it…

When I reached the front of the class, the teacher noticed how I came empty-handed.

'Alex, where's your essay…?'

I remained silent for a moment.

'I don't have one…'

'Why not…?'

I couldn't answer that question… to tell her that...

'Because he doesn't have any friends!'

One pony yelled out and all of them followed by laughing.

'Settle down! Settle down!'

The teacher tried to quiet the students, but they all remained laughing at me. I could only feel tears begin to form in my eyes. I grunted and ran out of the classroom, humiliated yet again. I ran out of the schoolhouse and towards the playground. There, I crawled under a slide and hid in silence as I released the tears that I held inside.

As if the day couldn't get any worse, the school bell rang, frightening me. There was no escape now…

Several of the ponies walked to the playground and eventually found me.

'Look it's what's-his-face!'

They pulled me out from the slide and threw me against the sand.

'C'mon, you dumb pony! Do something!'

They began kicking sand at me and laughing as I could only lay there and take it. I didn't know what to do; I could feel every bit of myself breaking as they continued to hurt me. Everything was a stab to the heart. When I was about to break, something strange happened. A rainbow exploded in the sky, sending the colors straight over us. When I heard that explosion, something in my heart unlocked.

'That's it!'

I confronted them, standing up and recovering from the sand.

'I don't need any of you ponies! You all are just a waste of my time! Go ahead and mock me! Go ahead, laugh at me and make my life miserable! You can't change who I am! I won't let any of you have the pleasure in doing that! I don't need any of you!'

They looked at each other and simply ignored it.

'So you think you're so tough, loser? We'll show you who's tough!'

They all began to charge at me with beatings ready, but a bright light suddenly shined and blinded us all. I didn't know what happened, it just did. After the light vanished, all the kids were on the floor, groaning and moaning in pain. I stepped back in fear and finally ran away.

I didn't return home that afternoon. I continued running away from the town. I didn't know where I was going, but I just ran, endlessly.

Soon, I had felt so tired. I hadn't eaten anything and I was exhausted. I saw this cave nearby and took shelter in it. With my stomach grumbling and my body weak, I fell asleep.

I woke up to another light… there I saw… the Princess…

'What's such a darling and cute pony doing here all by himself?'

I began crawling further into my cave, afraid.

'It's okay… I'm not going to bite…'

She smiled at me and sat down. She held out an apple that she had in front of her.

'Are you hungry…?'

She placed the apple in front of the cave. I slowly crawled out and grabbed it, biting into it. After I was finished, I looked up to her.

'Why are you wasting your time with nothing…?'

'Nothing? What do you mean?'

'I mean me. I'm nothing.'

'Why, you certainly are not! What's your name…?'

I hesitated for a moment.

'…Alex…'

Princess Celestia released a warm smile.

'That's an amazing name…Why are you out here all alone? Where are you parents…?'

'Far away…'

'Why…?'

'Because no pony wants me…'

'That's not true.'

She held out a hoof to me. I grabbed it and she helped me up.

'Come on.'

She had taken me to eat and help me out a bit. After, when it was getting dark, she told me that she couldn't bring me with her to Canterlot because of her royal duties. So, she managed to get a new house, just for me. She apologized once again for not being able to take me, but she hoped I would be okay. Before she left, she wished to see me again some time. Afterwards, she waved goodbye to me and left. I could only stare at her as she walked away. Before I slept that night in my new home, in a comfortable bed, I noticed that something had changed about me. I had looked at my flank and noticed something there that wasn't there before… my mark… a lone wolf.

I had guessed I received it after fighting back at the kids in the playground...

I grew older in that home. I had basically already learned how to take care of myself the hard way, so it was actually easier to live alone. I had told myself that I never wanted to see anypony ever again. I never left the house, unless I absolutely needed to. If I did, I avoided everypony and quickly did my business, so I could return to my house as quick as possible. I spent my birthdays alone, as well as all the holidays. It was just like how it was back in Fillydelphia, except my parents or the other ponies weren't there. It was so much better to no longer feel as much pain, but I still felt very lonely. I didn't dare talk to any pony because I didn't want to risk the same from happening again. I spent every day sleeping or staring at nothing…especially me… I even took some chances in trying to improve myself... It wasn't until Princess Celestia invited me to that 'Summer Sun Celebration' because she wanted to see me. I couldn't decline it because she had done so much for me. Well… it was that day that I met you girls as well…

…So you see Fluttershy? I'm meant to be alone. I can't be with you girls any further because the more time I spend with each of you, the more it's going to hurt for all of us when I lose you…so please, Fluttershy… just go… and leave me here by myself so I can be alone and hurt no pony anymore…"

I turned my head to the side and continued my quiet weeping. All of a sudden, I felt a pair of hooves gently caress my face. They lightly turned my face to the front. I looked at Fluttershy. Tears were streaming from her face as well. She looked intently into my eyes as I could only gaze at her back. She slowly moved her face towards me. Suddenly, she pushed her face forward, pressing her lips against mine. Her eyes were closed as she passionately kissed me. My eyes were widened in shock as I could not believe what Fluttershy was doing. I continued staring at Fluttershy in shock, but then… my eyes began surrendering to the power of the kiss. I slowly closed my eyes and accepted the kiss, feeling the warm softness of her lips.

After a moment, she pulled away slowly. Her cheeks were blooming intensely as they were reddened far more than I had ever seen in my life.

"I'm sorry…for what has happened to you, Alex…" Fluttershy apologized. "…but we're your friends. We will never leave you alone, and we will always be there for you…and maybe…" She began looking away as she rubbed her hooves shyly. "…maybe…I…can…be your..." She paused for a moment. "…girlfriend…" I couldn't believe what she told me… I could only stare in awe as she looked away shyly. She noticed my expression and frowned. "Oh…um… I understand…it's okay…I shouldn't have ever asked you… I mean… who would want a pony like m—

I suddenly interrupted her by grabbing her face with my hooves and pressing my lips against hers, repeating the passionate kiss she gave to me. She had the exact same reaction as me, widening her eyes in shock, but soon closing them in pleasure.

After I pulled away, I looked at her with soft eyes. She noticed them and smiled lightly.

"Is that a yes…?" She asked.

I nodded. "I believe you… and I really care about you…"

She embraced me tightly. "So does that mean you'll come back to us…?"

I nodded again. "Of course."

"Oh thank you! I'm so glad!" Fluttershy continued to embrace me tightly as I wrapped my hooves around her and accepted it.

It had stopped raining… the clouds removed themselves and revealed a sunny day. Fluttershy and I stood up and began walking home.

"You know, Alex…" Fluttershy spoke as we walked, holding each others hooves. "If I've learned anything about loving animals… your mark doesn't necessarily mean that you are meant to be alone forever… it may be a symbol of your independence… on how you don't need to depend on any other ponies, especially the ones who didn't love you. Wolves are also protective of their family, and are loyal to do anything for them… and from what I've seen from all the time we have spent together… that is you, Alex. Your special talent isn't being alone… it's about being strong, independent, and protecting the ones you love."

It did make sense… and from what Fluttershy has shown me… I believed her… automatically and without question. "You're right, Fluttershy…you're so right…but I had been blinded by my dark past that I couldn't see that… you girls are my true friends, and that's why I had been so willing to protect you all from any dangers. You girls are my family… and I…love… each one of you…" I had expressed a word I have never done so in my entire life.

"Oh, Alex." Fluttershy smiled and embraced me again.

When we arrived in town, we spotted the other girls there, tired.

"I wonder if Fluttershy found Alex yet…I'm really worried." Twilight expressed to the girls.

"She has." I answered, immediately causing their heads to turn at us.

They dashed towards us, worried sick. "Alex, we were so worried about you! Are you okay?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah…I am now…"

The rest of the girls returned warm smiles as they knew I was okay. Just before the girls were going to ask me more questions, we heard a voice running towards us.

"Guys!" Spike shouted as he ran towards us.

"What is it, Spike?" Twilight asked.

"Princess Celestia wants me to send a picture of you all!"

"Really?" Twilight questioned, intrigued. She looked back at us. "How about it ponies? Ready for a picture?" She smiled.

"Yeah!" Everypony agreed.

Spike pulled out a camera and was ready to aim it.

Twilight sat in the middle as Rainbow Dash flew slightly above her, placing her hooves on her and looking valiant. Applejack stood to the right of Twilight as she presented a small laughter while closing one eye, happily. Rarity sat to the left of Twilight while giving a warm smile as Pinkie Pie placed her right hoof on her head and waved with her left. She was smiling brightly. Fluttershy lay down on the grass on the bottom of them all. She looked over to me and sent me inviting eyes. I joined them and sat down next to Fluttershy. All of them looked towards the camera as Spike began aiming it.

Usually, I wouldn't have joined so quickly and willingly to be with the girls with something like this… but I changed… I was no longer uncomfortable… because I knew I was with the ponies I loved most. I was with true friends.

"Okay, guys. Get ready to smile!" Spike announced as he prepared his camera.

As I looked at all the girls surrounding me, I felt an intense love coming back from them. As I felt their wonderful presence around me, knowing that they ARE my true friends, I did something that even surprised me. For the first time in my life, I did something so amazing that it felt great to express it with my best friends…and girlfriend…

I smiled.

PreviousChapters Next