• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 21,371 Views, 1,394 Comments

A New Hero - Alex The Lone Wolf



What if there was another pony who joined the pony gang? (Look at longer description...)

  • ...
236
 1,394
 21,371

PreviousChapters Next
Feeling Pinkie Keen

Episode 15- Feeling Pinkie Keen

I opened my eyes and slowly noticed the sunshine peeking through the window. I was tucked under the comfort of my blankets. I remained there for a moment, not falling asleep, but relaxing… After a few minutes, I rose from the bed and walked on the floor, making my sheets. I walked downstairs and stared at the inside of my home for a while. I noticed how there were not many decorations inside, except for the ones it came with. Geez… what have I've been doing with all the days I've been alone? Oh that's right… nothing… If I remember correctly… I was probably asleep all day every day before I met the girls…

I looked back at my front door and exited out. I walked towards Fluttershy's in a positive mood, though I didn't really show it. Ever since I met her, I've always wanted to spend time with her. She's just… amazing.

I arrived to see Fluttershy have a basket of frogs… a saddle with bags full of frogs… and a cart with wheels attached to her which was also filled with… frogs…

After she finished securing the toads, she spotted me and called.

"Hi, Alex!"

I began walking over to her. "Hey, Fluttershy. What are you doing with all those frogs?" I asked, stopping near her and observing the frogs.

"The pond was getting overpopulated! I couldn't stand to see the poor things so crowded together… so I decided to take these ones to Froggy Bottom Bog." She responded.

"That's great. Do you need some help?"

She smiled. "That's really nice of you, but sadly, you can't really help me."

"Why not?"

"Well… I was planning on flying over there… but since you don't have any wings… you can't really keep up with me…"

"Oh… okay… I see…" To be honest, I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't be able to help her.

Fluttershy noticed and instantly replied. "But that doesn't mean we can't be together when I'm done, though!" She thought for a moment. "Want to go for a walk in town before I take these toads to their new home?"

"Sure, okay." I felt a little better, but Fluttershy didn't have to offer to go for a walk…

Ironically, I was the only one walking. Fluttershy was flying a little above me as she still had her frogs with her.

"Look! There's Twilight and Pinkie Pie!" Fluttershy exclaimed softly as she spotted the two ponies.

We began moving over to them, but all of a sudden, a frog jumped out of the cart and began falling towards Twilight.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy cried out.

I quickly rushed and jumped to catch the frog with my hooves before it landed on Twilight's face. I landed with a thud while I heard the frog croak in my hooves.

"He just said, 'nice catch' in Frog." Pinkie Pie announced in her usual voice.

The frog croaked again and I sighed.

"Oh, I'm so, so sorry. Are you okay, Alex?" She asked as she lowered herself towards me.

"I think so…" I responded, standing up to place the frog back where it belonged.

"Fluttershy, what are you doing with all those frogs?" Twilight asked.

"I just couldn't stand to see the pond getting so over-populated, what with the frogs all hopping into each other and all, so I decided to fly as many as I can on over to Froggy Bottom Bog." Fluttershy answered.

"Of course you did…" Twilight replied, sounding a little... not appealed… after realizing that she could have been hit in the face with a frog.

"I should hurry and take them right now before more of them might do the same thing." She grabbed the basket with her hooves and smiled. "I'll be back as soon as I can!" She then grabbed the basket with her mouth and muffled, "Bye-bye!"

She flew off. I turned around to notice Pinkie Pie was wearing some kind of umbrella hat and that Spike was with Twilight.

"Thanks for the save, Alex." She responded and then shuddered. "I don't know what I'd do if I had a… frog… on my face!"

"Good thing too!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "If not, you would have been 'EEWW' and 'AAAH' and 'BLEEEEH' Ha! Ha!" Pinkie Pie laughed after she animated the scene that might have occurred if Twilight was hit by the frog.

"Oh, really? Did your Pinkie Sense tell you that, too?" Twilight replied, sounding a little irritated.

"Nah! I could just imagine it!" She then skipped away, humming.

After recovering from her randomness, I spoke.

"What was that all about…?" I asked.

"Ugh… It's just Pinkie Pie talking about this 'Pinkie Sense' she has or something…"

"'Pinkie Sense'?"

She shrugged. "Yeah, I don't know much about it either." She looked over at Spike. "C'mon, Spike, let's continue our practice session where there's a little less commotion." She looked back at me. "Want to join us, Alex?"

I decided I could go while Fluttershy was taking the frogs.

"Sure." I responded.

As I began walking with Twilight to wherever she was going to go, Spike immediately climbed on her back and began exclaiming excitedly, "Wow! That was amazing! Pinkie Pie predicted something would fall, and it did!"

"Oh, come on. She said that something would fall, and a frog just happened to fall right around the same time. A coincidence, nothing else to it."

However, Pinkie Pie randomly appeared before us, once again.

"My tail! My tail! Twitch-a-twitch! Twitch-a-twitch! Somethin' else is gonna fall!"

"Oh, Pinkie, please." As Twilight responded to Pinkie Pie's comment, I noticed something up ahead that Twilight was too busy to notice herself. I quickly took action and ran in front of Twilight. "Nothing else is gonna –

I placed my hooves in front of me to prevent her from falling in the trench. Her body tapped me, but when she felt my hooves, she stopped. However, even her tap caused me to tip over and fall into the trench, feeling an even harder thud as a groan released from inside me.

"Oh no, Alex fell! Is it... safe to go help him?" Spike asked Pinkie Pie, scared.

"It's okay, my tail stopped twitching." Pinkie Pie replied. She began skipping away, singing again, as Twilight immediately came over to help me.

"Alex, are you alright?" Twilight asked urgently, helping me up from the ground.

"I think so…" I answered, repeated my response from the first time.

"Ha ha! That was amazing!" Spike rushed over to us, exclaiming.

"Spike! There was nothing funny about that! Alex could have been hurt!"

"Uh, Alex? Twilight? Why are you two hanging out in a ditch?" Applejack had somehow came upon us and questioned.

"Because, Pinkie Pie predicted it!" Spike answered loudly.

"Honestly, Spike, she did not. Two coincidences in a row like this may be unlikely, but it's still easier to believe than twitchy tails that predict the future. She probably just saw the ditch ahead of us and predicted that someone was going to fall, which would have been me if Alex didn't take the fall for me."

Applejack gasped at Twilight's response. "Twitchy tail? Pinkie Sense?" Applejack quickly hid under a cart full of corn and carrots. "Woah! Nyu-uh!"

"Don't worry, it's safe. Prediction already came true." Spike calmed Applejack.

I pulled myself out of the ditch and pulled Twilight out of it as well.

"Oh, wait. Don't tell me you believe in this stuff, too?" Twilight asked, realizing Applejack's actions.

"I know it doesn't make much sense," Applejack crawled out from the bottom of the cart. "but those of us who have been in Ponyville a while, have learned over time that, if Pinkie's-a-twichin', you better listen."

All of a sudden, Pinkie Pie appeared again. "My ears are flopping! My ears are flopping!" She exclaimed as her ears flopped.

"Nyuh!" Spike immediately retaliated by flinching. "What does that mean?"

"I'll start a bath for you." She answered… not making much sense.

"Huh?" Twilight chuckled. "A bath? This thing keeps on getting more ridiculous by the minute!"

I had noticed the big puddle of mud right near Twilight. An elderly pony had come running with a cart full of hay behind him. I immediately pushed Twilight away from the area, but I didn't have time to save myself. A whole lot of mud splashed on me, soaking my whole body.

"Uh…Alex…?" Twilight said, confused about what had just happened.

I kept the angry, but calm expression on my face as I sat there soaked in mud.

"C'mon, Alex!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed, grabbing my hoof. "Let's get you all nice and clean!" She began taking me to the cake shop to get a bath while I could only sigh.

Pinkie Pie had me in a tub filled with water and bubbles. Twilight was near the tub.

"I'm really sorry that I got you covered in mud Alex…" Twilight apologized.

"It's okay…" I responded. I felt a little better since I was cleaner in the tub, so I didn't really have a bad mood anymore.

Twilight seemed like she wanted to say more, but Pinkie Pie came in with some more vials of bubble soap on her head.

"Sooo, basically, it works like this:" Pinkie Pie explained as she placed the vial on the floor. "I get different, little, niggling feelings and they mean different things. Like when my back is itchy, it means it's my lucky day. And, when my knee gets pinchy, that means something scary's about to happen."

"Is your knee pinchy now?" Twilight asked.

"No, but my shoulder's achy. That means there's an alligator in the tub." She dunked her head inside the water and pulled out a baby alligator with her teeth. The sight of the alligator frightened Twilight, as for me, it seemed to only raise an eyebrow.

"How come your knee didn't get pinchy?" Twilight screamed in fear. "That isn't just scary, it's downright dangerous!"

Pinkie Pie placed the alligator on the floor and explained his presence. "No it's not, silly! This is my pet alligator, Gummy. He's got no teeth. See?" Her pet furiously attacked Pinkie Pie's whole body, but it was ineffective as he had only gums to show for it… clever… "Haha!"

"Okay, okay... I get it." Twilight calmed herself down and left the bathroom.

Pinkie Pie looked at me and smiled brightly for a moment. It was actually for several seconds that she smiled at me in an awkward silence as I looked around the room, a little uncomfortable. However, it felt more like hours…

After the time passed, she exclaimed, "Well, looks like it's time for you to get out now!"

I had jumped out of the tub and shook my whole body, including my mane. I walked out of the bathroom once I was dry enough and thanked Pinkie Pie for letting me use her bathroom.

"No Problemo!"

Once Twilight, Pinkie Pie, and I walked outside, Twilight began the argument that she didn't believe Pinkie Pie's signs, again.

"Well, I still don't believe all this... 'special power' stuff. It's just a bunch of mumbo-jumbo." Twilight argued.

Pinkie Pie glared at her, confused, but a bit angry. "What's not to believe? You do magic, what's the difference?"

"Huge! For one thing," She noticed a box near us that contained some items on top, which the nearby cart was selling. She moved them lightly and stood on top of the box. She cleared her throat. "magic is something you study and practice. It only happens when you decide to do it, and it's meant to make something specific that you choose to happen, happen. With you, uh, it makes no sense at all!"

"That's so not true Twilight! Sometimes it's a bunch of random things happening to my body at random times that supposedly predict the future. I call 'em 'combos'."

"Combos?" Twilight asked as she began nearing her home.

"Sure!" Pinkie Pie hopped after her. "You know, like, ear flop, then knee twitch, then eye flutter. That means the sky is about to be graced with a beautiful rainbow!"

"Yeah, sure…" Twilight continued walking towards the door to her house.

"Uh oh, I feel a combo coming on. Ear flop, eye flutter, knee twitch!" Pinkie Pie did the exact things she had announced.

Twilight continued walking towards the front door while looking back at Pinkie Pie, confused. Her door opened suddenly, slamming straight onto Twilight. I guess I wasn't able to prevent THAT from happening to her… Spike was exiting the home, carrying books. He seemed to not notice what had just happened.

"Twilight, are you alright?" I exclaimed, rushing over to her as she lay on the floor in front of her door.

She groaned and looked over to Pinkie Pie. "Ughhh... You said that combo meant 'beautiful rainbow'."

"Oh no-no-no-no-no." Pinkie Pie corrected. "You're thinking of an ear flop, then knee twitch, then eye flutter. This was an ear flop, then eye flutter, then knee twitch. That usually means 'look out for opening doors'. You okay?"

I helped Twilight get up. "I don't believe this." She muttered, very annoyed.

"You don't believe because you don't understand. Just ask Alex! I bet he believes me!" Pinkie Pie placed her hooves on me. "Huh? Huh? Do ya?"

Both the ponies looked at me awaiting my answer. My eyes shifted to each of them.

"Um…well…" I spoke as they continued to look. I sighed. "Twilight… you're going to think I'm crazy for saying this but… I think Pinkie Pie is right…"

"What?" Twilight exclaimed.

"Yippee!" Pinkie Pie cheered.

"Well… it may look too… well… ridiculous to be true… but I mean all those predictions Pinkie Pie had gotten correct couldn't possibly be just all coincidences… maybe that's just a random talent of hers…"

"Hmm…" Twilight wondered. "Well I have some way to figure out what this really is…"

Twilight had taken us to her home, where she set up an entire lab to… test for the reason why Pinkie Pie has the twitches.

"Just stand over here, Pinkie." Twilight directed her to the middle of the room where there was a machine.

"Okie Dokie!" Pinkie Pie cheerfully hopped to her position.

Twilight placed a helmet containing many buttons and lights on her. Then, she plugged in a wire to Pinkie Pie's helmet and closed the steel arm braces on the machine in front of her.

"Okay. Now when you get another twitch, we'll have all kinds of scientific information." Twilight walked over to the machine that looked to be recording the brain activity.

"Okey-dokey-lokey!" Pinkie Pie repeated with an extra rhyming word.

Pinkie Pie began concentrating as Twilight anxiously paced around the machines, eagerly waiting for a twitch.

I sat there observing, wondering what Twilight was going to do with Pinkie Pie's twitches.

"Um, Twilight…? Maybe this is too much…" I said, after analyzing all of the machines.

"Oh, don't worry, Alex. Pinkie Pie is perfectly safe! I just want to run some tests…" Twilight replied, and then looked over at Pinkie Pie. "Any twitches yet?" She asked.

"Nopey-dopey!" Pinkie Pie answered, returning her smile.

Twilight analyzed one of the machines she was standing right next to for a few seconds and asked again. "Now? Anything?"

"Wait! Hold on!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. She concentrated for a few seconds, and then replied. "Uhh, no."

"Are you kidding me? After a whole day of non-stop twitching, now that I've got you all hooked up, you're not getting a single one?"

"I don't control it, they just come and go."

"That makes no sense!"

"Sometimes you just have to believe in things, even when you can't figure 'em out."

"I will not believe in anything I cannot explain."

"Wait! hold on," Pinkie Pie paused. "I'm feeling something..."

"Oh my gosh, what? What is it?" Twilight asked, excitedly.

A loud rumble sounded in the room… but it came from Pinkie Pie's stomach.

"It's my tummy! That usually means I'm hungry! Let's eat!"

"Urgh... !" Twilight growled. "You know what?" She bit and snapped the cables from the machine. "Just forget it! I don't need to know if this is real or not. I don't need to understand it! I don't even care!"

Pinkie Pie stood silent for a moment. After, she removed herself from position."Okey-dokey-lokey." She responded. We started heading upstairs as Pinkie Pie hopped along cheerfully. Right before we reached the door, she suddenly gasped. "Uh-oh." Things occurred with her body as she continued gasping, catching my attention.

"Pinkie Pie, are you okay?" I worriedly asked.

" Hu-bu-bu-bu-bu" She answered and fell back.

Suddenly, the door opened forcefully, smacking Twilight as it did last time. Spike came out and questioned Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie? Have you seen Twilight?"

Pinkie Pie stood back up and hopped over to Spike. "Uh-huh." She continued to hop outside of the room. Spike stepped inside of the room, looking for Twilight. I walked over to the door and closed it, seeing Twilight flat on the door. I grabbed her hoof and pulled her off.

"Twilight? What are ya doing back there?" Spike asked.

She groaned. "Rrrrgh... Did you and Pinkie Pie plan this?"

"Plan what?"

"Urgh! This is ridiculous. This can't be happening. This makes no sense. I have to figure this out."

"Twilight… maybe you should just believe Pinkie Pie. I know it may seem ridiculous… but now… even I feel that it's all true. It doesn't make sense that it doesn't make sense… she's predicting everything that happens and every pony believes her… I think you should do the same…"

"Alex… not you too…" Twilight responded softly, a little depressed.

"I'm sorry Twilight… but I mean… I just don't want you to keep getting hurt. Since, you don't believe Pinkie Pie, you suffer from her predictions…" Twilight remained silent with her head held down. I thought for a moment and continued talking. "Twilight, haven't you every heard, learned, or read about the ponies that lived a very long time ago?" I asked.

"Huh…?"

"Those ancient earth ponies… they were able to predict mostly anything and everything… maybe Pinkie Pie is somehow a descendent from them and managed to receive that trait? I don't know…"

"Hmm…" Twilight held a hoof to her chin. "That's it! I'll study her!"

"Huh?" I questioned.

"If she really CAN predict things, they I'll go undercover and study what she does!"

"Um…"

In a flash, she left the house.

When I was outside, I decided to leave Twilight to whatever she wanted to do… I know she's my friend… but the same routine was getting tiresome. I took a walk through town, observing the day.

I wonder how Fluttershy's doing…I hope she's okay…

I thought for a minute and suddenly realized something.

Wait! Isn't Froggy Bottom Bog in the Everfree forest? I better go check up on her to make sure she's alright!

I immediately began running towards the Everfree forest.

I should have never left her side… I hope she's okay…

As soon as I passed the border, I quickly searched the forest for Fluttershy. I spotted a long cart as I ran, which caused me to halt and run towards it. When I arrived, I saw the cart attached to some pony…it was Fluttershy!

"Fluttershy!" I called, which caused her to look back. "You're alright!"

"Oh, Alex!" She responded as I ran towards her. "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be? And why are you here?"

"You're in the Everfree forest; I was worried about you…"

"Oh…" She blushed. "Well you didn't have to come… I was just about to let these frogs into the pond."

I gave a sigh of relief. "Okay." I wanted to get back to Ponyville as quick as possible with Fluttershy, so I quickly helped her detach the cart and release the frogs.

They continuously croaked as they hopped into the dirty-looking pond. Fluttershy looked at me and smiled. "Thank you, Alex."

"I'm just glad you're safe…" I responded.

Her cheeks released another glow of red.

However, I suddenly heard something behind us in the water… It sounded as if it rose and sunk back in the water… that's not good…

"Alex, what is it?" Fluttershy asked, noticing my expression.

"I…" I hesitated. "I don't feel comfortable here… we should go… now…" I responded, feeling a little afraid.

Fluttershy saw the serious expression on my face and agreed. "Okay." She began walking out of the area, but something croaked in the cart… it was another frog. "Oh no! Poor thing!" She picked up the frog. "I think he's too scared to go in alone!" She looked over to me. "Alex, I need to put him in the water, is that okay?"

I thought for a moment. "Fluttershy, why don't you let me put him in the water. You should go back to Ponyville."

"What?" She questioned. "I can't leave you here alone…"

"It's alright. I'm just going to put the frog in the water really quick. I'll catch up with you."

She hesitated for a moment but then agreed. "Okay… hurry back…" She gave me the frog as it croaked again in my hooves.

As she began flying back to Ponyville, I walked over to the bubbling water and looked at the frog.

"Okay… well here you go…" I slowly placed the frog inside the water, and it went on its way, happily, despite its surrounding. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes. I heard a sudden noise in the water again, causing me to instantly open my eyes and look around. It was the same sound a few minutes ago. I gave one last look around with my eyes and slowly began backing out of the area. However, a sudden green fog emerged which started to make me cough. What is this? I continued coughing trying to find my way out, but I couldn't see anymore!

A horrible stench followed and I heard something emerge in the water! I quickly turned around I noticed a huge orange neck appear before my widened and shocked eyes. I looked around and noticed the same thing, twice! I looked up to see four heads staring fiercely at me. They gave a terrible and loud roar.

The only thing I could do was run. I didn't know where I was going. I just ran.

I looked behind me to see the monster actually come out from the water and follow me! It was a hydra! I continued running, endlessly, hoping it would not catch me. Each step shook the ground, causing it to move closer to me! It tried to attack me by lunging one of its head towards me but I dodged it by jumping out of the way and continue running.

It did this tactic a few more times, but failed each time as I maneuvered out of the way. I had gained some distance between it, but it still wasn't far off. Regardless, I had ended up at a dead end. I quickly looked for a way out and noticed some ground above me. I immediately began running up the hill, though it was a bit steep.

I continued running, not even taking a glance back. When I reached the top… I had reached another basically dead end. There was another mountain on the other side… but to get to that side… I had to jump across several small pieces of land. I looked back to see the hydra growing closer to me. I took a deep breath and leapt for my life.

I managed to make the first jump… but I had to time each jump carefully, slowly, but quickly at the same time. I continued to make a few more jumps, but the hydra eventually caught up with me and tried to attack me with one of its heads again. Instead, it missed and tipped over, but its fall caused the small pieces of land to bend and fall towards another like a line of large pillars. I lost my balance as the ground below me moved at an angle. It was heading straight towards the spiky waters below me and if I didn't move, I'd be gone for good!

Nonetheless, as it fell, I noticed I was near the other side! I realized I could make the jump if I got close enough! I readied myself as the pillar I stood on continued falling. Once I saw the opportunity, I leapt and headed for the other side, but I was too short of a distance. I caught the edge of the ground and held for my life and I stared at the waters below me.

The hydra knew that it couldn't reach me anymore as the only path was destroyed. The hydra was gone… but I had worse problems…

I had lost a lot of energy running and dodging the hydra's attacks. I didn't know if I could make it… I struggled to keep a hold of the edge but I was starting to slip!

"Alex!" I heard a faint yell from somewhere. The sound of hooves pounding of the ground was heard. I continued to grunt and groan.

"Alex!" The voices were closer as they continued to call my name.

I couldn't hold on anymore! My hooves slipped and I began falling towards the ocean of death.

However, something suddenly grabbed my hooves. I looked up to see that it was Fluttershy! She held on tight to my hooves and began pulling me up with all her strength. She finally made it upwards and landed me softly and safely back on the ground.

"Fluttershy!" I announced her name as I panted.

She immediately hugged me. As she did, I noticed Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Spike behind her.

"Are you alright?" They immediately asked me, worried sickly.

I nodded and looked at Fluttershy. "Thank you…" I told her.

She shook her head and responded back to me. "No, thank you."

"For what? You're the one who saved my life."

"But if it wasn't for you, I probably would have been the one with the hydra…" She pulled away.

"Well what happened? How are all you girls here?" I asked.

"I met them when I was heading back to Ponyville…" Fluttershy answered.

"When we saw that Fluttershy was okay, we were relieved…" Twilight added. "But Pinkie Pie was shuddering, so she said that there was going to be a doozy here. Fluttershy told us you had came over to her and that you were still releasing a frog. When we heard the roar, we immediately headed to where the sound came from. We saw a big hydra chasing after something and we realized it was you! We rushed over to where you were and saw you hanging on for your life! Fluttershy sped towards you and flew to catch you and… well here we are…" She looked over to Pinkie Pie. "I don't know how it happened; coincidence, dumb luck, or what, but you said there'd be a doozy here at Froggy Bottom Bog, and I'd say we just had ourselves one heck of a doozy. I mean that hydra—

Pinkie Pie began shuddering again.

"Pinkie?" Twilight asked.

"That wasn't it." Pinkie Pie answered.

"Huh?"

"What wasn't what?" Spike added.

"What are you talking about Pink?" Applejack questioned.

"The hydra wasn't the doozy." Pinkie Pie responded. "I'm still getting the shudders. Oo-o-oh, oo-o-oh. You see? There it is again. Whatever the doozy was at Froggy Bottom Bog, my Pinkie Sense says it still hasn't happened."

"Huh? But Alex—

Twilight stuttered in rage. "WHAT! The hydra wasn't the doozy? How could it not be the doozy? What could be doozier than that?"

"Dunno, but it just wasn't it." Pinkie Pie replied.

Twilight immediately grew enraged and literally combusted into flames. Every pony became surprised and afraid when Twilight was filled with anger. But, then she finally cooled down and fell to the floor. "Ooh... I give up..."

"Give what up, Twi?" Spike asked as Pinkie Pie continued shuddering.

"The fight. I can't fight it anymore. I don't understand how, why, or what, but Pinkie sense somehow... makes sense. I don't see how it does, but it just does." She sighed. "Alex was right… I should have listened to him and maybe this all wouldn't have happened… Just because I don't understand doesn't mean it's not true."

"Y-y-y-you m-m-mean you b-b-b-believe?" Pinkie Pie's shuddering grew fierce now.

"Eyup, I guess I do." Twilight admitted.

"Oo-woo-oo-oo-oo, woo-oo-oo-oo-oh, woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooh!" Pinkie Pie's shuddering became insane, and then it suddenly stopped. "Ooh!" She gasped. "That was it. That's the doozy!"

"What? What is?" Twilight asked, walking up to Pinkie Pie.

"You believing." She poked Twilight. "I never expected that to happen. That was the doozy, oh and, oh what a doozy of a doozy it was!"

And returning to her randomness, she skipped off singing as the rest of us stared at her in confusion.

"Well, let's get out of here!" Twilight suggested.

As we left the Everfree forest and back to Ponyville, Fluttershy walked right by my side, asking if I needed help or if I was okay.

"I'm okay… thank you." I replied.

When we arrived back at town, Fluttershy invited me over to her home. She led me inside of her house and patched me up, clearing any scratches and healing some bruises.

"Thank you…" I thanked as she finished. "I really appreciate it…"

Fluttershy released a soft smile. "You're welcome…"

We looked into each others eyes in silence for a moment, but she turned her head away and blushed.

Afterwards, Fluttershy and I walked back to town. We passed Twilight's house to hear her speaking. She was writing another letter… I stopped by to listen.

"I am happy to report that I now realize there are wonderful things in this world you just can't explain, but that doesn't necessarily make them any less true. It just means you have to choose to believe in them, and sometimes it takes a friend to show you the way. Always, your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

After, Twilight and Pinkie Pie walked outside of the tree and noticed us. They were both wearing umbrella hats.

"Hi, Alex." Twilight greeted as she walked over to us. "Are you doing okay?"

I nodded. "Fluttershy helped me."

Fluttershy blushed for a second.

"Well, I hope whatever falls doesn't hurt you." Twilight advised. "Pinkie Pie's tail is twitching!"

Pinkie Pie's tail did, indeed, twitch. "There it goes again."

"I wonder what's gonna drop outta the sky this time?" Twilight wondered.

"You never know…" Pinkie Pie answered as they continued walking.

However, Fluttershy and I heard something whistling down toward us. We turned around to see Princess Celestia crash, in an orderly manner, on Twilight's balcony and take the letter, personally, from Spike and fly back to where she came from.

"Well… that was… unexpected." I said, a little shocked from the surprise.

Fluttershy looked at me and giggled.

By the time night fell, I was at Fluttershy's home. She had offered me some warm sweet tea, which I drank slowly with sips. I don't know how Fluttershy makes it… but the tea is great…

"How's the tea?" Fluttershy asked.

"It's fantastic…" I answered.

"Thank you…" Fluttershy responded with a sweet smile.

Suddenly, we heard light drops of water splash on the window. As we traveled over to the window to see what was going on, the water grew heavier and faster. We realized that it had begun to rain.

"Rain?" I questioned. "I didn't know the Pegasus ponies scheduled rain at this time…"

It was also starting to get windy outside as well.

"Well, I better get home." I spoke as I readied myself to leave.

"You can't go home while it's raining!" Fluttershy stopped me.

"It's okay. I'll be fine… it's just a little rain…" Thunder boomed and lightning flashed outside, causing Fluttershy and I to look at the window. I looked back at Fluttershy. "I'll be fine."

"Mm-mm." Fluttershy shook her head. "It's too dangerous to go out now…" Fluttershy thought for a moment, and then spoke shyly. "You can stay here… if you want…"

"I don't want to be a bother…" I responded to her offer.

"I insist… I don't want you going out while the weather is like that…"

"But Fluttershy…"

She shook her head. "No 'buts'. I promise you that you won't be a bother at all."

I analyzed Fluttershy's determined yet soft face and hesitated. After looking away for a moment and thinking, I replied with my decision for her offer. "Okay… if it's okay with you."

She smiled and responded. "Of course!"

Fluttershy told me I could sleep on the couch if it was comfortable enough, if not, she would find or make me another place to sleep for the night.

"The couch is fine, Fluttershy… thank you very much for letting me stay here…" I responded.

"It's my pleasure." Fluttershy welcomed softly. "Now I guess I'll be going to bed now…" She looked towards me. "Call me if you need anything, okay?"

I nodded. "Good night, Fluttershy."

"Good night, Alex." She smiled as she walked upstairs to her room. After a few seconds of looking around, I heard her open a door and close it. It was silent now except for the sound of rain outside, along with some thunder and few flashes of lightning.

Fluttershy had left the light on in the living room, probably in case I needed to do anything else before I went to sleep. I walked over to the light switch and turned it off. The room was not totally engulfed in darkness as the moonlight seeped through the windows. I quietly sat on the couch and lay down. As I lay down, I continued looking out the window, observing the pouring rain.

Soon enough, my eyes closed by themselves.

However, I found myself opening them again, I don't know how much later. It was still dark and pouring outside. Suddenly, I noticed something outside that I had not seen there before… I slowly sat up and walked towards the window. I continued analyzing whatever it was that caught my eye. From what I could see, it was dark figure of another pony… looking more like a shadow… It stared at me for a moment and then slowly turned around and walked away. I continued staring out the window, feeling a little frightened… what was that all about?

The light behind me suddenly turned on, startling me and causing me to turn around.

"Alex? What are you doing up? It's really late." It was Fluttershy. She was wearing a white night robe with purple furry trim. "Is something wrong…?" She walked over to me.

I looked back at the window and stood silent as I wondered about what I just saw. "No…I'm alright…I just couldn't sleep…"

"Do you need me to get you something?" She asked, worriedly.

"No, I'm fine…" I looked back at her. "I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Don't worry about it… I just want to make sure you're alright…"

"Thanks…" I responded. "You should get some sleep… I'll probably try to get some myself too."

"Okay…well… if there's anything you need to tell me or talk about… I'll be up in my room…"

I nodded and she began walking back upstairs, turning off the light and entering her room.

I looked back outside of the window and continued observing the background, squinting my eyes a bit. After several seconds, I quietly and slowly began walking to the couch while keeping my eyes on the window. Then, I finally moved my head towards the couch and nestled myself on it.

I closed my eyes and tried to force myself to sleep, but it was bit difficult as I felt a little uneasy about what I just saw.

PreviousChapters Next