• Published 12th Jan 2012
  • 4,924 Views, 93 Comments

Tales from the Staff Canteen - Midnightshadow



Behind the scenes at Equestria Daily, where all is professional and above board...

  • ...
11
 93
 4,924

Keiro's Adventures - Uno

Running security, at least for him, comprised mostly of monitoring the three screens set below the countertop that passed for his desk in the foyer. Twilight Snarkle had passed through the foyer with little to no interference; save for the broken elevator. He’d called for The Mechanic to visit the foyer and see if there wasn’t anything that could be done to fix it.

Wonder if I can get more security upgrades? His obsession with security wasn’t entirely obvious, but if one were to sneak a look at his elaborate setup, one would see a screen entirely dedicated to... status checks? Another screen for videos and still another screen for whatever interested him at that given moment.

“Keiro! Get that computer fixed! It broke again!” A long-suffering sigh escaped him. Not only was he Security, but he was also the go-to wolf for computer-related issues.

That voice could only belong to Cereal. With his ears as sensitive as they were, he could only whine in response; an unsubtle reminder to the pony to lower their voice or else face the wrath of a SysAdmin. Cereal did not heed the warning.

“Which computer? You know the drill.” The wolf made a tsking sound as he turned to the left-most screen, the one with the status-checking screen, with its pretty blinking lights in various colors. “You should know, that if you want me to fix it... you need to give me more details. Details, details, details!” He growled out before rubbing the bridge of his muzzle.