• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 6,493 Views, 258 Comments

Fluttersized - Barrobroadcaster



Fluttershy one day finds herself in a problem of epic proportions.

  • ...
4
 258
 6,493

Alternate Chapter 13: Big Brawl

"I'm... I'm so happy you're both okay." Twilight said, hugging Rarity and Pinkie Pie tighter as they stood on the giant notebook. A low rumble in the distance drew the group's attention. They still had the problem of the two fighting pegasi who had now apparently moved the brawl back into the city.

"Twilight Sparkle!" a voice called from overhead. Luna descended down to the ground in front of them.

"Princess Luna! I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I just-" Twilight began apologizing profusely.

"You destroyed my barrier, you gigantified your friends and put all of Equestria in danger! You... you..." Luna continued.

Twilight hung her head low, she didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry Princess... I don't deserve to-"

"You mastered the size-changing spell." Luna remarked. Twilight perked up, unsure of what she meant.

"I what?"

Luna walked over to the oversized notebook and tapped it with a hoof. "You've mastered sizing magic. You performed the spell on a moving target, executed it perfectly and used it to save your friends."

Twilight turned back to Pinkie and Rarity, still standing the middle of the pages. "I did?" she asked. They both nodded at her; it was the truth. They literally stood on evidence of her successful casting of the size-altering spell.

"Wow, I really did do it didn't I?" she remarked at her work, looking down at the pages underneath her feet. "I guess I was casting the spell right after all!" Twilight said, relieved that she'd been performing the spell correctly all along.

"You certainly were. My sister was right to entrust you with our very first spellbook." Luna said with a soft smile.

"Uh," Pinkie spoke up. "Not to ruin the moment but shouldn't we be trying to get the pegasi back to normal size?" As if on cue as Pinkie Pie mentioned it, a loud crash caught their attention.

"Fluttershy! What's wrong with you?!" Rainbow Dash asked as Fluttershy tackled her into a block of buildings. The shield had been broken, by what Fluttershy didn't know and didn't care. The two giant pegasi tumbled through streets and rows of buildings in town. The ones they landed on were smashed to pieces, others were bumped by their large bodies and fell over, knocking others over in the process and creating a domino effect. Rainbow Dash pushed Fluttershy off of her, the gray pegasus fell onto a building across the street from the ones they'd just destroyed.

Fluttershy landed on a smaller building, turning it to dust in an instant. As the dust settled, she caught a glimpse of what store she was standing in. Fruits, vegetables, plants and other forms of produce were crushed beneath her hooves. She'd just found the local florist's... and she'd destroyed it. She groaned in frustration, letting out an angry growl as she stomped a hoof into the ground.

Rainbow Dash lunged at Fluttershy and tackled her into another building. They both crashed through it, turning the walls, roof and floors of a department store into chunks of rubble. It was strange that there weren't any ponies occupying any of these structures as the two megasi continued to destroy the buildings in Canterlot.

Discord, still holding on to Rainbow Dash's mane for dear life, was waiting for the moment that Rainbow had Fluttershy pinned to change her back. The two giant pegasi struggled on the ground amongst the ruins of the department store. The two pegasi were evenly matched; Rainbow Dash was a star athelete but Fluttershy, experienced in caring for large animals and occaisonally roughhousing with them was well-versed in this kind of close-quarters engagement. Rainbow's stamina was a bit higher than Fluttershy's though and it was beginning to show.

Fluttershy kicked Rainbow off her again before she could pin her. Using the moment though, Rainbow braced with her wings and used the push to launch her into flight. Using her wings, she dove towards Fluttershy who was still on the ground, refusing to let her get back to her feet. Rainbow turned her over and used her own legs to press her hooves against the ground. Fluttershy thrashed but Rainbow's limbs held her in place. Discord walked out from Rainbow Dash's mane. and down her right foreleg onto Fluttershy.

"And along came Discord." the draconequus said, about to press a thumb against her forehead. But Fluttershy wasn't quite done yet, she turned her head quickly and Discord fell off. Rainbow was distracted for just a moment, allowing Fluttershy to get a free hoof. Pushing against Rainbow Dash's shoulder, she rolled Rainbow Dash and the two tumbled again, this time on to Discord. The draconequus tried to run but wasn't quite fast enough. The two giant ponies flattened him into the ground, their combined weight crushing him like an insect. The two continued to roll into the street as Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and Luna approached the ruined building.

"Discord! Discord!" Luna yelled as she ran up to him. "Are you all right?"

Discord's eyes swirled in a daze. "I'm ready for my close-up Mr. Hay!" he said, incoherent.

"Discord! Get up! Get up!" Twilight grabbed and shook his head, as if that would somehow bring him back to clarity. His mouth hung open and he gargled something incoherent.

"It's no use!" Twilight said, releasing him. Discord dropped back into the crater he'd been flattened in with a dull thud. "How are we going to reharmonize Fluttershy now?"

"I know!" Pinkie Pie said. "We'll build a trap. First, we need some cheese, a tank, the alicorn amulet, King Sombra-"

:Rarity started to say, "Pinkie, that would require King Sombra to get-"

"WAIT!" Discord yelled, shooting a claw up into the air. "Take this." he said, and used his other hand to remove his paw. It came off like a glove, underneath it was the same paw. "All you have to do is press the thumb to her forehead for a few seconds."

Twilight grabbed the glove-paw with her magic. "This will reharmonize her?"

"Sure, why not? he asked, before collapsing into the ground again.

"All right." Twilight said, turning. "All we have to do is get close enough to her and set her back to normal. Then, we can all fly to Cloudsdale and get everypony back to normal size. Let's get going!" Twilight Sparkle led her friends down the street in the direction that Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were still fighting. This was it, they could finally put everything back the way it was. Twilight narrowed her eyes as she galloped. She was determined to set everything right, for once, there wasn't a single other thought in her mind.

Author's Note:

Meanwhile, across town
a: Michael! What are you doing?
Royal Gaurd: Stand back, son. He's been up there since the last chapter, we don't know what he's going to do.
Royal Gaurd Captain on Loudspeaker: Mr. Hay, please back away from the ledge.
MH: I... I can't take it any more! I'll do it... I'll jump!
a: What's going on? Why is he up there?
RG: Haven't you been listening? He's going to jump kid, unless we can talk him down.
a: That's my friend up there! You've got to do something!
RG: We're trying everything we can.
a: Aren't there any pegasi that can catch him?
RG: All the pegasi are giant-sized stuck in Cloudsdale until they can get back to normal, except for those two that just destroyed half the city. And all our spells are out of range.
a: Right, I forgot the stories were intersecting... wait, that's it!
RG: What?
a: My giant notebook! I can grab and we can put it under him when he... but it's halfway across town!
RG: I don't think he's going to last that long anyway.
a: Give me that loudspeaker.
RGC: Wait, what are you going to do?
a: He's my friend. I'll... I'll try to talk him down.
RG: What choice do we have?
RGC: All right kid, give it a shot.
author on loudspeaker: Michael, it's Barro!
RGC: ... you don't have to yell, it's loud enough already.
MH: What do you want? You come to mock me again?
a: Michael, no, I... I'm sorry I made you up as kind of a joke.
MH: So you admit it?! I'm just a joke to you, to all of you! That's all I'll ever be!
a: No, Michael! You... you're not just a gag!
MH: I'm just like King Sombra! I'm a running gag for you and other authors to use and abuse forever! Well, I'm not going to let it happen!
a: No, Michael, that would require him to get-
MH: SHUT UP! SHUT UP!
a: Michael, you're not just a joke!
MH: THEN WHAT AM I?
a: You're a really, really good joke!
MH: ...what?
a: It's true... you're a really good joke. That's how you started out in my mind. But you can be so much more. You have so much... potential and even if it's not used you still made people laugh. You made me laugh, you're a good joke. You're a good idea. You're... quite the character.
MH: ...you really believe that?
a: I didn't like Fluttersized or you when I first made you up... but I gave you both a second chance. I gave my ideas a second chance. And I've learned.
MH: You've finally learned to believe in your own ideas.
a: Yes, Michael. *crying* I believe in you!
MH: Thank you... thank you Barro. I think I believe in me too, at last.
a: Yes! Yes, now get down here!
MH: I think I'm ready to come down now- wah, I'm slipping!
a: Michael!
RG: He's gonna fall!
MH: I-, I'm slipping! I, I can't hold on!
a: MICHAEL!!
MH: Wu, geh, aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
a: MICHAEL NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
...say cheese...