• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 6,493 Views, 258 Comments

Fluttersized - Barrobroadcaster



Fluttershy one day finds herself in a problem of epic proportions.

  • ...
4
 258
 6,493

Alternate Chapter 7: King Sombra Gets Screentime

The author of this story requests that the readers envision this chapter as narrated by Leonard Nimoy. During the narration, the readers should also envison Leonard Nimoy being assailed by Anthony Daniels and Jason Alexander and he has to fight both of them off alongside Chris Tucker while Cuba Gooding Jr. and Danny Devito fight in the background. The reader should NOT imagine King Sombra in anyway. Failure to comply WILL result in giant Fluttershy crying giant tears.

Author may not have been lucid upon time of submission. Reader discression is whatever, blah blah blah. Enjoy.

Luna had never been so furious at another pony before. How DARE that uncouth giant treat her that way! She would feel the wrath of Nightmare Moon before this day was over! She pursued the giant, gray pegasus from the sky as Fluttershy walked into Canterlot's streets. Luna, in Nightmare Moon mode unleashed blast after furious blast of magic at the huge... bitch as she tromped gingerly down the road.

Fluttershy, on the other hoof, barely noticed Luna's attempts at returning her to normal size or whatever it was she was trying to do. As she suspected, the spell wouldn't work. So, she thought she'd look for some replacement seeds while waiting for the competent sister to return her flank to Canterlot. If anypony had a problem with that, big deal. Canterloters, ponies milling about through the streets did the predictable, galloped away in fear at the very sight of the monstrous Fluttershy. Good. Maybe there won't be a long line at the store now.

"I ORDER YOU TO HALT FIEND!" shouted Nightmare Moon, Luna, Moona, Noona, whatever in the Royal Canterlot Voice. Fluttershy turned her head around and grinned slyly at the princess behind her. Compared to her, the dark blue alicorn in jet black armor was the size of a toy. She flapped one of her wings and a gust knocked Nightmare Luna out of the sky.

Mooney recovered quickly and took to the air again with an enraged groan bordering a roar. "I SAID STOP!" she screeched. The power of the princess's voice sent shockwaves through the buildings. Several windows were shattered but the giant pegasus continued undaunted down the street. The cobblestones in the road were uprooted by the vibrations Fluttershy's hooves sent through the ground with each step she took.

Fluttershy arrived at an intersection. She looked down both roads to the right and left of her. It had been so long since she visited Canterlot and she didn't know which road led to the market. Guessing the market would probably be more towards the center of town, she took the left road and turned the corner, knocking over a streetsign with her tail as she did.

Meanwhile, in Florence, Italy
Nothing relevant to this story happened.

Night Luna followed her and unleashed another blast of energy. Again, no results. The pegasus didn't even flinch. What was going on? None of her spells were working but she refused to admit defeat. She uneleashed another blast as the giant paused to look at a sign. Her body had turned slightly and Moon Luna's spell actually missed, flying by and hitting a building in the distance. Smoke rose from the structure and the screams of citizens echoed down the street.

"Nice shot." Fluttershy said sarcastically. Luney snapped again, gritting her teeth and diving at the jolly grey giant. She grabbed hold of her back leg.

"STOP THIS INSTANT! I COMMAND YOU TO-" Luna was cutoff as Fluttershy shook her back leg, knocking off the tiny princess. Luna recovered in midair, taking a moment to level herself off when a shadow was cast over her. Nightmare Luna had a chance to look up briefly to see an enormous grey flank coming down upon her before it crushed her into the street.

Fluttershy daintily sat on the princess, smashing her with all the force of a dragon-sized pegasus. She smiled as she got up. Now that that was out of the way, she needed to find ask for directions. Seeing as how Luna was in no position to talk, she decided to ask some of the ponies in town.

"Hey, any of you know where the market is?" she asked in the middle of the street.

There was no answer; everypony had already fled it seemed. Maybe now she wouldn't even have to pay for the new seeds. But she still needed to find the store first. She continued walking down the street, looking for a directory, signs, anything leading to market or store.

The street was a little bit wider than the ones in Ponyville and was a tad more accomodating to the pegasus' large size. Apart from the occasional sign overhanging from a building into the street or a lamp post, she didn't destroy much. In fact, it was almost comfortable. She had to admit, there was a strange appeal to being huge. It was almost fun watching other ponies run away in terror. On top of that, one of the most powerful ponies in all of Equestria had tried to stop her and was now pancaked in the middle of the street because Fluttershy decided to sit on her. Maybe she'd have a little more fun.

Behind her, Discord was doing his best to keep up while carrying a camera and tripod. He stopped and examined a large crater in the middle of the road to see the flattened form of Luna laying inside of it. No longer in Nightmare Moon mode, her limbs were sprawled and pieces of her cracked armor were scattered around her. She looked as if she'd been hit by a meteor-sized object.

"Well hello there princess! You know, it's dangerous to play IN the street." Discord commented.

Luna's glazed gaze lazily rolled over to Discord. Althought she saw double of the fiend, she was able to clearly understand him as he spoke. "Di...Di...Di..." she started to say, the draconequus's image blurred in and out of focus in her vision.

"Did you happen to see wich way Fluttershy went? I'm having trouble keeping my latest subject in focus." Discord said as he set up his camera.

"Discord... what... what are you...doing...?" the alicorn asked weakly.

Discord pointed the camera directly at Luna. "What am I doing? I'm making a movie. Now, quiet on the set! And... acttttion!" The camera rolled on Luna as she groggily tried to say something but managed only a series of incoherent groans. "Yes! Yes! That's just the reaction I'm looking for! Literally struck with AWE at the sheer chaos of the moment! It's priceless!"

Slowly, Luna regained clarity and shook off the confusion. She looked at Discord as he grinned at her and pointed the camera in her face. Using her horn, she levitated the camera and tripod off the ground and pinned Discord to the pavement with it. Discord clawed at his neck as one of the legs pressed against him.

She got up and was on top of him in moments, using the legs of the tripod to keep him pinned. "What have you done Discord? What did you do to Fluttershy?!" she demanded.

"I didn't do anything! Well, except for deharmonizing her but really, I mean she was just asking for it! How could I not pass up the opportunity?"

"What did you do to make her giant-sized? Why isn't any of my magic working?"

"I had nothing to do with that! Honest! Just a little personality switch, that was me. I have no idea how she got so big!"

Luna wasn't convinced. "I don't believe you." Using her magic, Luna ripped up a strip of the pavement Discord was stuck to and began rolling him into it like a carpet. "This will have to do until we can get you properly put back to stone."

"Wait! Please, not the statue again, that's no fun. Let me out and I'll help you get Flutterzilla back to normal!" Discord pleaded.

Luna considered the option. Her own magic wasn't working, that was certain. But could she really trust Discord? "What do you have to gain from this Discord other than your own twisted enjoyment?" she asked.

"I'm serious about making a movie! Please, let me set up my camera and we'll take her down together! We can be stars, we can be famous, we can be-" Discord was about to finish the sentence when another huge shadow blocked out the sun. Luna looked up and saw a large object pass overhead. What could it be now? Another giant? The shadow passed over them and the object landed in the middle of the street in front of them. Luna's jaw practically hit the floor.

"Now that's one big rainbow." Discord commented as the giant form of Rainbow Dash turned a corner and began walking down the street.

Author's Note:

The author of this story requests that the readers envision this chapter narrated by Leonard Nimoy.
Also, no, not even in an alternate-dimension chapter with a direct title reference will King Sombra get screentime.
The idea to post the author notes at the beginning of the chapter comes from some guy in the comments, JZ1. Good job.