• Published 30th Nov 2012
  • 26,060 Views, 5,397 Comments

Into the Black: A Mare's Tale - shirotora



Twilight is flung into the farthest reaches of the galaxy

  • ...
117
 5,397
 26,060

PreviousChapters Next
Into the Rainbow: An Alternate Tale

“Xander!” cried the angry voice of Princess Celestia's prized student.

“Ah, Twilight Sparkle,” said the silky smooth voice of Xander, “So nice for you to join us.”

The pony standing before Twilight was the evil unicorn Xander that stole the Black Book - a forbidden tome containing magic too powerful to be properly controlled. With it he planned to become an alicorn and conquer all of Equestria.

Twilight looked over Xander's shoulder, where her friends were locked in cages like animals. The sight enraged the lavender unicorn. Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, and Fluttershy looked to their friend with hope.

“Let my friends go, and give me back the Black Book.” she ordered, “If you do, I'll implore Princess Celestia to be merciful.”

“I might just do that.” Xander laughed, “Or I could just do this...”

Xander charged up his horn and fired a blast of energy at Twilight. To his dismay, it fizzled harmlessly when it struck the shield the lavender unicorn put up. Twilight countered with a volley of her own. He managed to dodge all but one.

He picked himself up and glared at her. That glare was quickly replaced though, by a malicious grin.

“I figured you would be too powerful for me to confront head on.” he said, as the caged ponies cheered for their friend, “But no matter.”

He began chanting in an ancient language that few knew. As he chanted, a wind picked up, followed by lightning.

Taking the opportunity, Twilight Teleported to the cage that held her fellow elements.

“I’ll get you out of her.” Twilight assured them.

His chanting was replaced by laughter as he turned to face his adversary.

“Farewell little Twilight.” he laughed maniacally.

A black orb appeared between the two unicorns pulling everything towards it. The pull picked up until he too was being dragged towards the thing.

His laughing abruptly stopped, “No, no... What's happening.”

“TWILIGHT!” Rainbow Dash cried.

The cyan pegasus reached out a hoof to support her friend, barely grabbing her hoof in time and pulling her into the cage. Just then, a piece of rubble struck the cage, knocking the chromatic mare out of the safety of the cage and into the void.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Ugh...” Rainbow Dash groaned as she finally came to, “My head... Is everypony alright?”

She opened her eyes to find a strange sight. The stone walls of Xander's lair were replaced by trees... weird trees that she had never seen before.

“What the hay?”

She looked around, trying to get her barrings. One object drew her attention. She approached it with caution, half expecting it to jump up and bite her. When she got close enough, she poked it with a hoof, causing it to roll over. She jumped back as she realized it was Xander's head.

“Eww, nasty,” She gagged, “Heck of a way to go.”

Rainbow turned away, trying to get her bearings. She took off, keeping low just in case this were the Everfree. The last thing she needed was to have to deal with a cockatrice or manticore. Her brief flight lead her to a strange sight. A funny looking pair of diamond dogs in some crazy outfits were walking through the woods. Well, beggars can't be choosers.

She flew towards them and called out, “Hey, can you guys help me?”

They twisted quickly, raising funny looking metal things. Rainbow didn't know what the objects were but she knew a threatening stance when she saw one.

“Whoa, calm down,” she pleaded with the diamond dogs, “I'm just a little lost.”

“What the hell?” one of them asked, “What is that thing?”

Rainbow glared at the dog, “Hey, I'm not a thing!” She flew up a short distance, a hoof to her chest, “I'm the Rainbow Dash. Fastest flier in Eques-”

She was interrupted by a zip-crack sound. The two others flinched as the strange creature fell in a heap, approximately a third of a head lighter.

“Uh... Seth...” one of the hairless dogs addressed his partner, “Did you just see a colorful pegasus get half her head blown off?”

Seth stared at the creature for a few seconds before answering, “Nope.”

“Good. I didn't either. Let's go.”

And with that, the pair ran off toward whatever destination they may have had.

Author's Note:

So, yeah. Had this idea about what would really happen if the others were sucked into the wormhole instead of Twilight. Let's face it, Rainbow may be (tied with Twilight for) best pony, but she's also fun to pick on.

Check out my newest story while you're at it, Dawn Shield. It's a remake of my first fic, and a lot better in my opinion.

PreviousChapters Next