• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 3,893 Views, 126 Comments

The SinEater of Equestria: Cataclysm - DVB



Woe to he fated to bring about the great change of the world, for he must accept the burdens of all

  • ...
8
 126
 3,893

Chapter VIII- Crystal Empire Pt 2

Chapter VIII- Crystal Empire Pt 2


Everypony was stunned on seeing the scarfed and brave-looking lavender mare standing defiantly against the dark apparition of the monarch that haunted the Crystal Empire millennia ago.

Twilight Sparkle was sure that despite the boost giving to her by D Anomaly, she would not be able to fight King Sombra. However, she shot out another burst of light, blinding him

“Everypony, let’s go!” Shining Armor commanded as everyone began heading out, including Twilight Sparkle. They entered the barrier.

King Sombra snarled before he chuckled. From the miasma of darkness, a secondary pair of green eyes glowed and chuckled as dozens of eyes glowed in the miasma.

-------------------------------------------------------------

“Sparkleriffic!”

Pinkie Pie’s ecstatic yell broke people out of their fright as they gazed as the beauty and marvel that was the Crystal Empire. As they trotted, Shining Armor then went and hugged his little sister.

“Shining?”

“Twi… I’m sorry. For not believing you about the imposter and all those things I said and for not keeping touch and… and…” Shining Armor began ranting on in a frenzied and rushed manner that was reminiscent of Twilight Sparkle herself.

She smiled a tearful smile before she hugged him back. “You weren’t yourself… I am so happy everything turned out all right,” Twilight stated, brother and sister tearing up.

Spike and the other mares were doing their best not to tear up. While the scene did enhance their guilt, it also reinforced their resolve to apologize and make it up to her.

With everyone in lighter spirits, they trotted over to the empire, where they marveled at the crystalline architecture, mostly Rarity. However, even the wondrous scenery was not enough to distract them from what they had to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived at the Crystal Palace, they saw an awfully tired Princess Cadance. However, her expression lit up when she saw Twilight. They went toward one another and did their special song and dance before laughing.

Shining Armor looked visibly relieved while the others looked on also. Unfortunately, they were also painfully reminded of the doubt they presented when it came with Twilight and her belief regarding Cadance, well the fake one.

“One of these days, we need to get together when the fate of Equestria isn’t hanging in the balance,” Princess Cadance joked before she accidently faltered in her keeping the barrier.

“Are you okay?” Twilight asked her worriedly.

“Cadance has been able to use her magic to spread love and light. That’s what seems to be protecting the kingdom. But she hasn’t slept and barely ate,” Shining Armor says before he presents a thermos filled with delicious soup. His worried look convinces Cadance to take a much-needed drink and she feels herself feeling better.

“I feel better. What was in that soup?” Cadance asked Shining.

“To be honest, I don’t know. Some strange bipedal being appeared out of nowhere, talked with me and handed me the soup. Kinda strange, but friendly,” Shining stated. Cadance raised her eyebrow before her eyes lit up and realization. Apparently Twilight also realized it before both girls turned toward one another and giggled.

Twilight’s friends wondered what they knew about that, though Shining did not heed much to it, there were more pressing matters to attend to currently.

“Well, with Cadance feeling better and with me alongside her, we will be able to protect the empire for the time being. However, the attack force has been getting stronger and we even seen the shield being drained or something,” Shining stated as he went alongside his wife and enhanced the power of the shield through their love.

“But I reckon y’all need a more permanent solution,” Applejack stated. Shining nodded. “Well, that’s why I’m here, to help out,” Twilight stated.

“Why we’re ALL here, Twilight,” Spike stated as her friends approached. After not seeing them for what felt like ages and the possibility of truly never seeing them, she was bottling up all the emotions. Unbeknownst to her, her friends were also on the verge of emotional outbreak, especially Spike.

They made the plan to try and investigate the rest of town. Twilight noticed Elder had gone to fly off around. She figures he will be back soon. They attempted to ask and prod any hints, clues or answers from the gloomy-looking townsfolk.

The results were at best inconclusive. However, one thing was for certain. Something has caused these people to lose that spark of life; they trembled at the mere thought of Sombra and were not able to remember their lives before that accursed era.

With nowhere else to turn, they entered the library. Twilight went to ask the librarian, however, she wasn’t much help. She apologized before she left them alone in the library. The group, most of all Spike, watched her leave.

An awkward silence invaded the library.

Before anypony could do anything, a loud and guilt-ridden sob shattered the peace.

A shocked Twilight saw her number-one assistance dart toward her and embrace her while he was letting a torrent of tears. This caused the others to start tearing up, including Twilight Sparkle.

“I’M SORRY, TWILIGHT! I’M SO SORRY!” Spike sputtered out through tears as he hugged her tight. Twilight, tearing up, hugged him back.

“Spike…”

Before Twilight could say anything else, Pinkie Pie bawled before she hugged Twilight Sparkle. This caused Rarity and Fluttershy to follow suit. Unable to contain it, Rainbow Dash and Applejack finally let out their emotions and they joined the large hug for Twilight.

All seven friends were immersed in the hug as they let out all the pent-up grief, regret and sadness.

“WE’RE SO SORRY, SUGARCUBE!”

“PLEASE FORGIVE US, DARLING!”
“WE’RE SORRY WE DIDN’T BELIEVE YOU ABOUT EVERYTHING OF THE WEDDING AND THAT WE DIDN’T LISTEN TO YOU AND THAT WE DIDN’T THANK YOU FOR HOW AWESOME YOU WERE!”

“WE’RE SORRY THAT WE WERE SO MEAN AND MADE YOU ALL SAD!!”

“P-PLEASE FORGIVE US!!”

Afterwards, any coherent words dissolved into tearful blubbering as Twilight was overwhelmed with the emotions before she used her magic to levitate them off of her gently before she brought them into a big hug.

“OF COURSE I FORGIVE YOU ALL! YOU’RE ALL MY VERY BEST FRIENDS!” Twilight stated with tearful eyes, but a big grin on her face. Soon the group was all smiles once more and they once more embraced. Each felt a massive weight from their shoulders as they were all together again.

It took awhile for everypony to get a hold of themselves.

“So what happened? Where did you go?” Spike, being the one to ask. Twilight began thinking. Should she do it? D trusted her…. Then again… she trusted her friends. It was the miracle of friendship.

She took a deep breath as she pondered how to even begin explaining this to them. She saw Elder the Ice Phoenix fly into the library and led them to a private corner in the library. The others were in awe before Twilight signaled for them to follow her.

"Girls, I have to tell you something," Twilight stated once they were all in private. The group gathered closer to hear.

"Ooh! Ooh!" Pinkie Pie said excitedly, raising her hoof while jumping up and down. "Does it have to do with Discord?" she asked.

"Yes it does as well as what really happened on the wedding," Twilight Sparkle said, giggling at Pinkie's antics and feeling the trust in her friends. Her horn glowed and the mark appeared on her flank.

Spike and the others looked at the mark. “What is it? Some kind of new cutie mark?” Spike asked her.

“No, it’s the mark of... my new friend…” Twilight began before she explained her tale.

How she met D in the caverns, how he helped find the real Cadance, his power boost her gave Twilight to defeat the Changelings, his backstory and how it related to Discord, his marvelous creations and how she ended here…

“That sounds… SO AWESOME!!” Rainbow Dash stated as she gave a look of amazement.

“Yeah! This is great, everypony! We now have someone to protect us! Ooh, but that just means somepony else will come for the Worf Effect,” Pinkie Pie stated in her usual excited tone.

“Well sugarcube, we’re happy to have you here to help us with all of this, but I wonder why he just doesn’t solve all of this?” Applejack asked, wondering about Twilight’s new friend.

“Well from what Twilight said, he seems to be afraid of using his power too much. Especially since Discord could come back,” Rarity reasoned after a moment of thought.

“Well, he certainly does sound nice, if not a bit strange. I think we should give him a chance. He used his magic so far to do good,” Fluttershy added.

“Yeah. Though I imagine he’ll probably be nervous about meeting the Princesses,” Spike seem to add before he cleared his throat. “Now that Twilight is with us, then we’ll be able to protect the Crystal Empire for sure,” he added before he saw Elder go and land on his head. He laughed and so did everypony else.

They saw Elder pointing his wing at a shelf, specifically at a certain book. Twilight levitated it out to see the title.

“History of the Crystal Empire. I just hope it has the answers we need,” Twilight Sparkle stated as she levitated the book to the table and they flipped throughout the pages.

“A Crystal Fair. Established by their first queen, it became their most important tradition. The fair was held every year to renew the spirit of love and unity in the Empire so they could protect from harm. My friends and I could put it together. Everything we know is in the book,” Twilight stated. Shining Armor and Princess Cadance gave their approval before Spike closed the book and they headed to the main room to the read the book.

Twillight Spakle: Princess Cadance needs our help
Her magic will not last forever
I think we can do it
But we need to work together
We have to get this right
Yes we have to make them see
We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history

Rainbow Dash: It says that they like jousting

Rarity: They flew a flag of many hues

Applejack: Made sweets of crystal berries

Fluttershy: They had a petting zoo with tiny ewes

The Mane 6 and Spike:
Oh we have to get this right,
Yes we have to make them see
We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history

Pinkie Pie: There was a crystal flugelhorn. That every pony liked to play

Twilight Sparkle: And a Crystal kingdom anthem. Can you learn it in a day

The Mane 6 and Spike:
Oh, we have to get this right,
Yes we have to make them see
We can save the Crystal Ponies with their history

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia has returned to Canterlot along with Zecora. According to Zecora, the magical signature disappeared from the area though it shined to the area… of the Crystal Empire. Princess Celestia showed a bit of relief, seeing that Twilight Sparkle headed there over to help her friends, her brother and her sister-in-law.

As she looked alongside Zecora where the Crystal Empire laid, Luna walked to the other side of their sister.

“I should be there with them, sister,” Luna stated after a moment of silence.

“I have faith in Twilight Sparkle and her friends,” Celestia responded as she faced her sister with a smile, who after a moment, smiled back.

Zecora also smiled, feeling a bit odd being with the two princesses. However, something told her something was ahoof. She wasn’t sure, but she swore she saw a tall and strange structure while she was riding with Princess Celestia.

However, she decided not to voice her concerns just yet. Everyone was on edge as the seven heroes traversed in the Crystal Kingdom to protect it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hear ye, hear ye. Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor do cordially invite you to attend the Crystal Fair!” Twilight announced with said couple behind them waving to the ponies.

The Crystal ponies began enjoying themselves for the first time in a thousand years. Everything was going as predicted and things were looking up. However, some ponies were expressing disbelief at the Crystal Heart, much to the interest of Rainbow Dash.

“Of course we have it! Can't have a Crystal Fair without the crystal heart, right?” Rainbow Dash claimed when asked about the Crystal Heart before seeing the librarian come over.

“Of course you can't. The whole purpose of the Crystal Fair is to lift the spirits of the crystal ponies, so the light within them can power the Crystal Heart, so that the empire can be protected!” The librarian crystal pony stated before she gasped and exclaimed “I do work at a library!”

Rainbow Dash and Applejack looked at one another in nervousness. “W-what's that about 'powering the heart'? “ Rainbow Dash asked nervously.

“I just can't believe you found it. King Sombra said he'd hidden it away where we would never see it again! I only hope it will still be as powerful after all these years!” The librarian stated before going off for some funnel cake.

Rainbow Dash winced before she flew over to the Crystal Heart and covered it with a large cloth. When Twilight Sparkle came to protest, Rainbow Dash told her the shocking news.

The Crystal Heart was in fact an actual relic. Twilight Sparkle feverishly searched the book only to realize the last page was torn out.

Twilight Sparkle ran to Princess Cadance and Shining Armor to announce what she discovered.

“I didn't know it was an actual relic! The book didn't mention anything about the crystal ponies powering the heart! I wish I noticed the missing page!” Twilight Sparkle said with a pout.

“It isn’t your fault, Twilight,” Princess Cadance told her with a smile before Shining Armor pointed out that the shield was faltering.

For a brief moment, they saw holes in the shield like swiss cheese before it faltered and saw the grim winter storm outside along with the sound of a ghastly roar.

In the distance, they spotted a large miasma of darkness with the green eyes and crimson horn. Next to him, there were feminine green eyes surrounded by insectoid eyes.

“Chrysalis and the Changlings?!” Twilight Sparkle screamed, reflecting the shock of everypony else as Sombra began charging at the Crystal Empire.

Princess Cadance looked to her husband and both nodded before they used their power to recreate the large shield, blocking the charge.

All that made it through was a chunk of King Sombra’s horn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I didn’t think Chrysalis would team up with Sombra, based on the fact Sombra seems to feed on fear… Then again, I suppose with the Changelings, they feed on the love and all that’s left is despair and fear, allowing Sombra to rein.

Pretty ingenious.

D Anomaly watched through binoculars the situation from a balcony while wearing a thick coat. He was currently beyond the boundaries of the Crystal Empire. After Northern Equestria and the Crystal Empire, he sees mainly some mountains and frosty areas though he does seem to notice settlements.

He doesn’t know the name of the northern lands beyond Equestria or if they are part of the territories of the Crystal Empire.

He lowered the binoculars and began thinking…

Could he change things with a snap of fingers?

While Discord was powerful, the Elements took him down. The Crystal Heart will take down Sombra while the love would blow away Chrysalis and the Changelings.

You’re going to help them…

D Anomaly looked in the direction. They had to take care of this themselves. And yet… He looked around his massive clockwork stronghold, currently in hiding. He could help Twilight for the time being but sooner or later…

He will have to make a choice…

Remain in shadows forever or become the Chaos…

No… there was his choice…

The right choice…

Even if he was afraid

D Anomaly smiled before he decided to learn what he could of the Empire. He snapped his fingers ad what replayed him was what Celestia knew. He saw her perform the dark magic and he shuddered a bit.

He know had a clue of what this Sombra character was capable of. D Anomaly snapped his fingers before vanishing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle had set out to find the Crystal Heart while her friends were in charge of keeping the Crystal ponies happy so they could wield the Crystal Heart. Rarity was in charge of the stands, Applejack was guarding the fake Heart and Rainbow Dash just roped poor Fluttershy into jousting with her as a distraction with Pinkie Pie just doing whatever she could to keep the Crystal Ponies happy.

Twilight and Spike entered the castle. “This is probably the best place to start looking, but how do we start?” Twilight wondered out loud.

“Perhaps I can be of assistance.”

Twilight and Spike saw D Anomaly literally emerge from the shadows. Spike hid behind Twilight briefly.

“Spike, this is D Anomaly. D, this is Spike, my number one assistant,” Twilight Sparkle stated as Spike nervously offered his hand to shake.

D bent his knees and shook Spike’s hand. Spike visably relaxed as he saw the strange figure. “All right. The others probably told you about Sombra, but here’s the conversation that Princess Celestia gave to your friends,” D said before Elder flew into the room and landed on Anomaly’s arm.

D stroked Elder’s head before it opened its mouth and played the scene of what Celestia explained. Twilight observed the magic show Celestia used before she turned to the large crystal throne.

“Hey D, you think you could use the… dark magic that Celestia used,” Twilight Sparkle stated. He looked at her and nodded. He sighed as his eyes glowed and his arm became surrounded with the dark magic. D Anomaly grit his teeth as he felt the sensations from the magic before he fired a ray at the large crystal on the throne.

D Anomaly, Twilight Sparkle and Spike saw the large black crystals appear and the staircase heading down.

“Thanks D…” Twilight Sparkle began before seeing that he disappeared with Elder flying above. Spike rubbed his eyes. “He does that a lot, doesn’t he?” Spike pointed out after a moment of silence. Twilight just rolled her eyes.

“Spike, stay here, all right?” Twilight Sparkle stated as she headed downstairs. Spike sat down and crossed his arms as he waited for her.

Twilight Sparkle took a breather as she finally made it down all the stairs. Much to her chagrin, the door was also enchanted, moving and hopping around each time she tried to get closer. She paused as she remembered Celestia’s usage of the magic as well as seeing the effects from when D used it. She took a breath and began channeling the dark magic that she saw the two perform.

Her eyes turned green.

Her horn began emitting the dark magic before she launched a shot of the dark magic at the door in front of her, enabling it to open it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttershy was trembling as she looked at Rainbow Dash across in the jousting arena. She was particularly fond of this idea, especially considering who she was facing. She knew Rainbow Dash wouldn’t go all out, but she enjoyed the show and Fluttershy was not one to want to do this.

However, that was not the only thing that worried her.

Beyond the evil King Sombra, she had heard rumors from her friends that the Changelings, including their Queen, allied themselves with him. While she had faith that all of them will pull through, she was still worried.

She saw Rainbow Dash’s confident smirk, but Fluttershy knew she was nervous. Pinkie Pie was being extra peppy and cheery to try and distract the ponies, especially when they see the barrier starting to break apart once more.

Applejack began losing her nerve as she did her best to shield the fake Crystal Heart from the eyes of the Crystal Heart.

Overall, everypony was on edge and they were hoping Twilight would hurry up.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nightmarish.

Twilight could only describe the scene with that word and in her opinion, it was a complete understatement.

All around the area, the landscape was twisted and turned around The laws of physics went out to lunch along with the laws of nature… literally. All around, she could see ponies, dragons and griffins all in great suffering and agony. She ran all around as she saw her friends and family all twisted and mixed with all sorts of things.

Her friends… they were all Discorded and mutated… Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and even Spike… there were warped into beings made of animal, vegetable and or mineral, all with the maddened looks in their eyes.

It was too horrible for her to describe. She shrunk back and covered her eyes before she heard cacophonous laughter. She looked up to see the figure in charge.

It was D Anomaly.

Looking like a mix of a human and draconequus, he floated above her.

His evil grin revealed rows of fangs. He retained his human shape but also had several parts from different animals. A bat wing and raven wing were on his back, which seem to have part of a turtle shell. He had deer antlers and ram horns on his head. His right arm was a large tiger claw with sharp claws. His other arm was a massive claw, with sharp jagged fingers under the claw, as if wearing a gauntlet. His right leg was one of the jaguar and his left leg was one of a velociraptor. However, he also had a set of spider-like legs emitting from his back and a long snake like tail covered in barbs and ended with the tip of a scorpion’s.

His hands had threads of light connecting to his puppets:

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Both had looks of despair on their face as the crimson sky switched through night and day.

Twilight Sparkle begged for it to stop. Wishing he would snap out of it. For D Anomaly was no longer there, but Discord, using his cobbled body as a new suit.

“Twilight…”

“TWILIGHT!!!”

Spike’s voice shattered the illusion as Twilight shook her head. She noticed her eyes were wet and she wiped them before she took a breath to regain herself.

“I know you told me to stay up there but you were down here for such a long time and you weren't answering and I got worried so I came down here and you were just staring at that wall and... I was calling your name, but I couldn't seem to get your attention, and- What were you looking at?”

Spike cautiously approached the closed door before he opened it. His eyes glowed red with pupils.

“No, No, NO!!! PLEASE TWILIGHT… DON’T… I BEG OF YOU!!” Spike began shouting before Twilight slammed the door shut and noticed Spike crying.

“King Sombra used his dark magic on this door. A gate to your worst fear,” Twilight said before she saw Spike still shaken up. She wrapped her hooves around him to comfort him and also admitting herself.

“You say you didn’t want or need me anymore… that you were going to get rid of me…” Spike confessed. Twilight Sparkle simply hugged him closer.

“That fear will never come to pass. I’m never going to get rid of you. You’re my number 1 assistant and one of my best friends,” Twilight Sparkle stated, her words causing him to smile and in turn, he smiling back. Her disappearance must have shaken them all up. She herself was still feeling tense and she supposed that there were more frightening things than disappointment.

“And we’re going to stop King Sombra and the Changelings!” Twilight Sparkle exclaimed with reinforced vigor. Recalling the positive magic she saw Celestia do, she did the same onto the door, resulting it in revealing the real door.

What laid ahead were…

More stairs.

King Sombra really knew how to safeguard his weakness.

“Spike, I would really like it if you came with me,” she asked him. Spike nodded as he eagerly followed Twilight up the seemingly endless stairs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile with the others… matters were not the best at all. The charade was exposed though they manage to convince that the Heart was in reach, though that little to soothe the Crystal Ponies.

Especially with the following events.

King Sombra has broken through once more and the Changelings were rampaging the area. However, the Crystal Ponies didn’t seem too worried about them. Not having gone through the experience of the Changelings, they were not as frightened of them.

The Changelings themselves were hesitant to attack also. After all, many recall the beating the ponies gave them. Rainbow Dash began using her jousting lance to swat as many as she could out of the sky. Applejack herself used whatever she could or even just buck one at a group of them. Pinkie Pie brought her classic party cannon and began assaulting the Changelings. Rarity began showing off some her own attacks, mainly in levitating some nearby crystals and using them to knock into Changelings. Even Fluttershy managed to spook them by using her famous Stare.

All of this seem to stir some confidence into the Crystal Ponies.

However, the hopeful atmosphere seem to shatter upon the arrival of the Changeling Queen.

“Hello, my little ponies” Queen Chrysalis hissed as she sneered at the ponies.

Princess Cadance looked to her husband and he nodded before they went to the battlefield. Queen Chrysalis simply smirked at seeing the duo.

“If it isn’t the Crystal Princess and her prince. You two are no match for a real King and Queen,” Queen Chrysalis stated with a chuckle before, from the shadows, emerged King Sombra, who growled at them.

Princess Cadance and Shining Guard simply held hooves as they prepared for the fight of their lives.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle groaned as she stopped to rest. She and Spike were climbing for awhile and they were getting nowhere. Twilight Sparkle took a breath.

“Maybe its endless stairs. We need some way to get up fast,” Spike stated as he caught up. Twilight Sparkle looked at the mark and remembered she does have a boost.

“Spike, remember those gravity spells we practiced?” Twilight Sparkle reminded him with a smile. Spike nodded before she performed the spell and began riding the underside of the staircase.

After a while, they reached where the Crystal Heart was located. Twilight and Spike approached and attempted to get it. However, King Sombra was alerted.

He growled in anger before he got hit in the face with a well-placed hook from Shining Armor. King Sombra disabled Shining’s unicorn horn before summoning large black crystals to trap Twilight Sparkle.

“The Crystal Heart is mine!” he said in his growling voice as the large black crystal began heading to the palace.

“Spike, you need to give the Crystal Heart to Cadance,” Twilight Sparkle stated as she gave it to him.

“But Twilight…”

“Go! Everypony is counting on us!”

Spike began sliding down and headed to Cadance. Before she could fly over, she was tackled viciously by Queen Chrysalis, who’s Changeling army held captive the Twilight’s friends.

“And so it ends…” Queen Chrysalis says as King Sombra headed to Spike, intent on devouring him and the Crystal Heart. In his haste, Spike tripped and was headed to the malevolent unicorn tyrant.

Spike managed to grab the heart before he…

He vanished.

Literally, he was swiped out of the air.

A cloaked blur grabbed him before landing on the ground. The shockwave emanating resulted in Queen Chrysalis being knocked back along with Sombra.

Queen Chrysalis was about to screech at whomever dared to attack her only to realize the all familiar shape and she trembled.

Spike held the Crystal Heart and headed to Cadance as he performed a double-take to see who saved him from falling.

The entire area was in surprise as D snapped his fingers and cured Shining Armor of the affliction.

“Who is Tartarus are you?!” King Sombra snapped, his patience finally lost and seeing his moment of victory snatched by this strange being.

“Who am I? WHO AM I!?” D stated as he smiled, dying to do this.

“I’m gonna tell you something important so you better dig the wax outta your ears and listen close!” D stated very loudly and with dramatic gestures no less.

“The reputation of my friends and I echoes far and wide! When they talk about their awesome leader, the one with indomitable spirit and courage, they’re talking about me, the mighty D Anomaly!” D stated as he dramatically pointed to the air.

Twilight Sparkle stared with a mix of shock, a bit of annoyance and a slight amount of awe. Her friends also had differing levels of the previously mentioned emotions while the Crystal Ponies were snapped out of their depression.

King Sombra closed his mouth before opening again.

This fool…

“You dare and mock me, foolish being?” King Sombra stated.

“No, I was just the distraction,” D Anomaly stated before a massive glowing appeared.

The Crystal Ponies stared in awe at the return of the Crystal Heart and the one holding it, their Crystal Princess.

“The Crystal Heart has returned. Use the light and love within you to ensure King Sombra does not,” Princess Cadance declared as the heart flew to its pedestal. She then went there with Shining Armor and Spike. As the Crystal Ponies began using the love within, they regain their vivid colors as well as their crystal pattern and bow before their princess and prince. A bright blue light covers the ground around them and spreads throughout the Empire. The Crystal Heart begins to spin, generating a blinding sphere of light that engulfs the empire.

Princess Cadance and Prince Shining Armor gazed at one another amorously before they used their love also with the Crystal Heart.

The sphere glowed even brighter before a massive shockwave with the field of light blasta and destroys Sombra. D Anomaly quickly flew and grabbed the horn, trapping it within a jar before grabbing a hair from Chrysalis, who looked undignified and shocked at her second defeat.

He stamped “Loser” on her forehead before he spray-painted her chedder yellow and watch her fly off. He noticed his crystal pattern and saw everyone was all right. He went to the palace where he flew down Twilight Sparkle to her everypony else who embraced her. He watched the scene and smiled without a care in the world for the first time since he arrived.

Lastly, the blue light shoots up the empire's central tower and bursts into a massive shockwave resulting in a gorgeous display of many ribbons of light arcing across the sky. They reminded D of the Northern Lights… well kinda. To compare, the Northern Lights were like retro Gameboy graphics and this was beautiful HD quality that is beyond awe-inspiring.

The shockwave and light show traveled across the landscape, even through D’s stronghold. The Empathy Heart glowed an immense multitude of colors before it settled down. Lord Crawlington looked surprised while the Changelings in it stared at it with awe.

The ribbons of light shine across the sky and are visible from Ponyville and Canterlot. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna see that the ponies have won the battle, and they gladly touch their horns together. Zecora smiled and even did a little jig.

The Crystal Empire was safe.

Author's Note:

This took way too long. School interfered, priorities were readjusted and overall a whole bunch of matters. Nevertheless, this chapter is done. The next one will focus on a bit of D's plan while also showing a bit of Too Many Pinkie Pies and One Bad Seed. Afterwards, Trixie will join the cast and from here on, the calm before the storm shall start coming to an end.

For now, enjoy this preview.

Twilight observed what D was doing. He asked her to come to use a bit of her magic. She saw the little changeling he captured and named in a capsule. Alongside, there was also...

King Sombra's horn?!

A hair from Chrysalis?!

"D... what are you doing?" she asked him cautiously, know he could handle it, but still on guard.

"Leaving my legacy, Twilight Sparkle..." D answered in a cryptic tone.