• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 12,288 Views, 389 Comments

Therapist Visit - ABagOVicodin



Luna summons a therapist to her room after King Sombra's defeat. Psychological Second-Person story that analyzes Princess Luna.

  • ...
18
 389
 12,288

Replacement

Please make yourself at home Luna. You caught me at the perfect time. I was about to go run some errands, but they can wait for a little bit. I’ll start up some tea. Do you like chamomile or Earl Gray tea?

I...’ve never had either. You can pick Fluttershy. I trust your judgment.

Oh... thank you Luna.

When I get my hooves on you...

Hello Angel. It is nice to see you again. Oh... am I in your way? My apologies, I’ll sit on this chair, and you can have your spot on the couch.

Angel, don’t be rude. It’s okay Luna, you can sit there if you want.

I’m fine right here, Fluttershy. Thank you for the offer.

Here’s your tea.

Thank you.

She doesn’t seem like someone who would start a conversation. I guess I have to do it.

So, Fluttershy, are you wondering why I decided to come visit you today?

Well, yes I am. I thought you wanted to go sightseeing first, but I’m sure you would have organized a date with me beforehand. Somepony like you wouldn’t come to somepony like me without a reason.

What is that supposed to mean?

Eep! Um... nothing.

I could really use your help right now... you backstabber.

Oh, is that a new friend of yours?

Oh yes, she’s a Shiba Inu puppy. I found her in Canterlot and took her to my house after Twilight’s coronation. She made a lot of noise during the train ride home and got a lot of her hair on my dress, but she’s such an adorable dog, so I forgave her

She’s a beautiful dog... Fluttershy, if you don’t mind me asking, what is it that you do for a living? You don’t live a luxurious life, but I do see a lot of furniture, and I bet you have to buy a lot of food for your animal friends.

Hmm... well I make my money from caretaking animals. Whether they are sick, cranky with their owners, or simply lost and waiting to be picked up, I attend to all of the animal’s needs. It’s not as expensive as you think. A lot of the nuts and acorns that my woodland friends eat are foraged by me. I am lucky to live out near the Everfree Forest, so there is a lot of food that grows out there. You just have to be careful. Some berries are delicious, while others can make you sick with just a few popped into your mouth. The only food that I really pay for is the ones for Angel’s salad and the other creatures that like their food to be made the same way. Oh... I’m sorry... I’m rambling aren’t I?

No, not at all Fluttershy. It’s very interesting. Thank you for answering my question, I was just curious.

Thank you for asking Luna. Mmm... this tea is so good.

Indeed. I’ve never had tea like this before. I’m used to the Canterlot tea leaves that the castle buys. I don’t know where they get the tea, but it’s different from the tea that you have. I’ll have to get the address of the place that you got your tea from. You don’t mind, do you?

Oh, not at all...

She isn't meeting my gaze... and her hair is covering one eye... what does that mean Therapist?

Is something the matter Fluttershy?

I’m just... a little shaken, I guess.

Is it because of Princess Twilight?

Mmhm. I just... Luna... can you keep a secret?

I... do you need me to keep it? Are you okay?

I’m fine. I just... I’ve been thinking the past few days. I know Twilight. I know that she is one of my best friends... but I can’t stop thinking about her. Luna... do you or Princess Celestia have any... plans for her? Is she going to move back to Canterlot to learn about being a Princess?

I do not know of any plans that my sister has for Princess Twilight. I don’t mean to be rude, but perhaps you should talk to Twilight about your feelings? Or one of your other friends? I have a feeling that they would know more about Twilight’s plans than myself.

I thought that Princess Celestia told you about any plans she had with Twilight.

Well, she did not.

Oh... I understand. Luna, were you born an alicorn?

Yes I was. Both my sister and I were born as alicorns.

Was your mother an alicorn?

Yes she was.

Your father?

I’m sorry. Please forget what I said.

It’s fine Fluttershy. I trust you.

I don’t know my father. All I heard of were stories of my mother and I can't even remember those. So I can’t answer your question.

I’m sorry.

It’s water under the bridge Fluttershy. I have long since gotten over it. Why do you ask these questions? Is there something you want to talk about? Is it about Twilight?

Well... um... yes it is.I want to talk about her... alicorn form. I feel like it’s such a big change, and yet, whenever I stop to think about it, I think the same way as my friends. I tried to talk to Rainbow Dash about this, but she told me not to worry. She said that Twilight would never leave us for anything, and if she did, it’s our job to support her no matter what life choice she makes. I agree... but... do I have a right to be worried? What if Twilight becomes so important that she has to go to other countries, and leaves us behind? What if she finds better friends while she is traveling and doesn’t want to come back to Ponyville? I lived without her, but once Twilight came into my life, I don’t think I can live without her...

I... think it would be best if you talked to Twilight about this. As far as I know, Twilight is not going to leave Ponyville, but wouldn’t it be better to hear those words directly from her, rather than asking somepony who doesn’t know anything about her plans?

Well... I would talk with her about it... but I’m afraid. I don’t want this to happen again...

What to happen again?

it’s nothing...

I know that it isn’t, but I am not going to pressure you, Fluttershy. Something is bothering you, and if you don’t want to talk about it, that’s fine. But I just want you to know that I am here for you. I am your friend and if you need to get something off of your chest, I’m here.

Luna... have you ever lost a friend because of popularity?

Why do you ask?

I’m just... this is not the first time I’ve watched a friend of mine leave me because they got popular.

What do you mean, Fluttershy?

Well... it’s not something that I’ve told my friends before. It just... never came up in conversation until now. I’ll make the story short... it can get very long.

I completed all of my duties today, take as much time as you need to explain. The more time, the better.

Well... back when I used to live in Cloudsdale... I went to the Cloudsdale Flight School. I had trouble fitting in because I was the worst flier. I never passed the flying courses, but I did well in all of the written tests. Everypony made fun of me. They called me a bookworm and a weakling. As much as I wanted to prove them wrong, I simply couldn’t. I didn’t even bother to challenge the bullies to a race, since I knew I would lose. Once you are at the bottom, you don’t want to waste your time trying for second best.

I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to make you sad. We can change the subject if you want.

No, it’s okay. Please, continue Fluttershy.

Okay... during my second year of flight school, I started to improve, but I was nowhere near passing their tests. There was this colt that transferred from Applewood into my class. He was cute, strong, but very shy.

I guess that shy ponies are the ones that most schoolponies make fun of. Throughout his first few weeks in the school, everypony made fun of him. They thought that he was weak since he didn’t flaunt his talents and flying score like everypony else.

He spent the first week with tests so that he could get into the right class, which turned out to be mine.

I liked him. He met up with me after school one day and asked if he could walk me home. I couldn’t think of anything to say. I thought that he was going to make fun of me, since that was my luck back then. This was before I met Rainbow Dash.

The two of us walked home, and he stopped me when we reached the door. He asked me about my flying record. He was curious, since I never mentioned it. I guess he heard about everypony elses. I broke down crying as I remembered all of the teasing and the laughing. I slammed the door in his face and left him to walk home.

The next day, he cornered me after class and apologized for what he said. I told him that it wasn’t his fault, but I couldn’t think of anything else to say. He smiled and told me that he was a good flier, but it didn’t really matter. Flying was just another subject in school to him. Whether someone was good at flying or not didn’t matter to him. He asked if he could help teach me how to fly. I agreed, smiled, and thanked him. We agreed that once he finished his flying tests, he would teach me some tips on how to fly. I wish that he was telling the truth...

Two weeks later, he was given a flying test in order to see what classes he should be given. He passed with flying colors.

Everypony wanted to race him. He was transferred to a different flying class, but kept the same academic classes as me. Instead of a flying test, I was given the cold shoulder. Nearly every day, somepony challenged him to a race. He eventually became so good at racing that he was placed in a special program to prepare him for the Wonderbolt Academy.

I never confronted him about it. I just accepted it. He became the most popular pegasus in the school until Rainbow Dash came around. I watched him race other ponies day after day while I constantly failed the flight tests. I did well enough in my academics to keep attending school, but I couldn’t skip the flight classes. They thought that I was going to get better over time, and I didn’t.

He was my friend, and now that I look back on it, I’m happy that he accepted his talents and got accepted into the Wonderbolts. But at the same time, I lost a friend because of his talents, the only friend I had back at that school. It sounds so selfish... but now I can’t think about Twilight without making the connection to him.

I’m sorry Fluttershy.

It’s fine Luna.

You have a good reason to worry and wonder, but my answer to your question is a simple one. Yes, I have lost a friend because of popularity, and it was not that long ago..

You have?

Time in our perspective moves at a slower pace than regular ponies. While I don’t know exactly how you feel, I can empathize with losing attention due to not being as popular as somepony else.

What do you me...oh... oh. I’m... sorry Luna. I didn’t mean to bring that up.

I’m glad that you did, Fluttershy. With a story like yours, I’m glad and honored that you told me before your friends. I know that you are worried about Twilight and her new status as a princess, but the only thing that I can do for you is repeat the words from the part of your brain that tells you not to worry, the part that rationalizes with you until the only thing that you want to hear is the confirmation of your comfort. Your fears are there for a reason Fluttershy, whether they are triggered by past events or current ones. If you really want your answer, you have to talk to Twilight about it. I personally believe that she is not going to leave you or anypony else due to her studies. But if she did, she would no doubt ask if you wanted to come with.

You have one of the best friends in Equestria, Fluttershy. I’ve experienced first-hand the empathy and understanding that Twilight Sparkle harbors. If you tell her your worries, she will no doubt keep them in mind if she is given such a decision, and it’s better than toiling away in a maelstrom of rationalization and wonder without a real answer.

Princess Luna... I’ve never heard an answer like that.

Oh... I’m sorry. I guess I just got into the heat of the moment.

Th-thank you. I’m so happy that I talked to you about it. I’ll visit Twilight’s house later today.

I would love if you wrote a letter about it. You can send it to my sister or myself, it doesn't matter to me. I feel that getting your thoughts down on paper helps clear them.

I will Luna. Thank you.

Oh, I almost forgot, there is something I wish to talk to you about. It’s probably not the best subject to switch to, considering the story you just told me, but I have to do it.

O...okay.

My sister is holding a Royal Coronation dinner for Twilight Sparkle a few weeks from today, and she assigned me to be the organizer for the dinner. I would love if you were to attend for Twilight.

I didn’t know that you were going to hold a dinner for her. Is it going to be in Canterlot?

Yes it will. I thought that you could provide the music for the dinner. It’s not going to be as whimsical as Cadence’s wedding, but I’m sure your animals could entertain the guests. This is going to be one of Twilight’s big days as one of our new Alicorn princesses, and I want you to be there for it.

I...I don’t know what to say.

Say yes. I’m going to be asking all of your other friends, and I’m sure they will all agree.

I hope they all agree...

I know that the dinner is going to be fun for all of you, just like the Grand Galloping Gala.

That was a fun night... okay Luna. I would love to.

Excellent. I will send you a letter tonight with instructions on what your duty is. Don’t worry, I won’t bog you down with too much. I made sure to split them up among all of your friends. I need you to keep a promise though.

Yes?

I would like this to be a surprise for Twilight.

Okay. Can I still talk to my other friends about it?

Yes of course. Just be careful with what you say. It’s not detrimental to the dinner if Twilight finds out, but I would prefer if this remained a mystery to her. I’m sure you would know, with somepony like Pinkie Pie as a friend.

Oh yes... hehe... Pinkie Pie is going to love this dinner.

Well, I have to take off Fluttershy. Thank you for agreeing to this. I’m sure Twilight would rather have somepony like you providing the music than the Royal Canterlot Orchestra.

It's no problem Luna.

Oh yes, one more thing.

Hmm?

I would love to go sightseeing with you again after the dinner has passed.

I would love to as well, Luna.

I’m feeling a little adventurous. What do you think, should we go through the Everfree Forest next time?

Eep! Um... I don’t think that’s such a good idea.

Gotcha! Hehe.

Oh... hehe.

I think it’s time that I take my leave Fluttershy.

Okay Luna. Thank you for visiting. Have a good day.

And you as well.

Bye.

Bye.

That was dumb luck... I don’t know where any of that came from. Therapist... are you there? I’m sorry. I can’t do this by myself...