• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 7,998 Views, 174 Comments

Morning Glory - Jade Ring



The morning after a wild wedding reception, truths come to light...

  • ...
21
 174
 7,998

Epilogue- In the Sun's Warm Embrace

“I found him like this. I flew up and tried to undo the knot, but its way too tight. It looks like it was tied by magic.”

“I’ll take care of it Rumble. Applebloom, do you have a cushion or something for him to land on?”

“Just a sec.”

“That’s gotta be a pretty strong ceiling fan…”

“Thank you for your helpful input, Scootaloo.”

Thunderlane groggily opened his eyes to find his little brother and three fillies looking down at him from the ceiling. “Guys… I know I had a few last night, but answer one question for me; why are you all upside down?”

Applebloom returned with a cushion and carefully positioned it over his head. “Why’s the blood not rushin’ to his head?”

“Something to do with pegasi physiology, I think.” Rumble shrugged. “Same reason most of us don’t get motion sickness.”

Thunderlane shook his head. “Why would the blood rush to my head? You’re the ones on the ceiling.” He tried to move but failed. “And why does my tail hurt?”

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes as her horn lit with a green glow. “Thunderlane, just hold still. And, uh, brace yourself.”

“Brace my…WHAAA!” The black pegasus suddenly found himself zooming towards the ceiling, the inevitable crash staved off by Applebloom’s well-placed cushion.

“Nailed it.” Sweetie Belle sang, dousing her horn’s magic.

“You okay, bro?” Rumble asked, prodding his brother’s side.

Thunderlane nodded and rolled over. He sat up in a daze and took in his surroundings. The passed out occupants of the Apple Family’s living room were finally starting to wake up. The soothing smell of coffee emanated from the nearby kitchen and some already awake ponies were enjoying a cup and making small talk. Thunderlane’s gaze finally settled on his four rescuers. Not foals any longer, but on the cusp of their teenage years, Rumble, Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle offered him gentle smiles.

“You okay?” Scootaloo repeated Rumble’s question.

“Yeah. Yeah, I think so.” He looked upward and watched the slowly rotating ceiling fan. “How in Equestria did I wind up tied to that?”

“We were hoping you could answer that.” Applebloom motioned to the slowly stirring crowd. “When we left last night, the party was still in full swing.”

Thunderlane looked past the foursome and noticed their packs and what looked like a tent. “You guys camped?”

“Out in the orchard.” Scootaloo explained.

“We were going to crash in the club-house…” Rumble started.

“…but we, uh, saw the Cakes got there first.” Sweetie Belle finished.

Scootaloo shuddered. “We’re going to have to disinfect that whole thing, aren’t we?”

Applebloom nodded. “At least ponies using our clubhouse as a love shack isn’t gonna be a regular thing.”

Laughter from the stairs caught all their attention as Rainbow Dash and Applejack descended and made for the kitchen. Their laughter at the recollections of other pony’s drunken exploits echoed after they had left the room.

“Huh, I guess Dash crashed in the guest room.” Applebloom murmured.

As though in response, Sweetie Belle heard a heavy crash outside. She peered out the nearby window in time to see Spike standing up and brushing off the dirt from where he’d fallen. He gave a look around, as though to ensure no one was watching, and motioned to somepony above.

Somepony in the Apple’s guest room.

Sweetie Belle’s eyes widened as Rarity fell into the dragon’s arms. He caught her like she weighed nothing and she snuggled into his chest. She looked around… and saw Sweetie Belle’s staring face.

Mother and daughter shared a moment of frozen silence.

Rarity finally mouthed a silent ‘You didn’t see anything.’

Sweetie Belle grinned. ‘Raise my allowance.’

Rarity pouted, then rolled her eyes. ‘Fine.’ She tapped Spike on the chest and they were gone from view as he took off running.

“Sweetie Belle.” Thunderlane’s voice called her back to the conversation at hand. “I never congratulated you or Applebloom on getting your Cutie Marks.”

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom smiled as they both peered back at the shining new marks on their flanks.

Applebloom’s was a crossed hammer and nail emblazoned on a blooming apple blossom. It had appeared after somepony in the crowd had mentioned how great the arch she had built for the wedding looked. Her celebrating had nearly interrupted Mac and Fluttershy’s vows.

Sweetie Belle’s hadn’t appeared until the reception, after she’d finished serenading the newlyweds during their first dance. The stylized eighth musical note had excited her so much that she had begun singing again. She was finally dragged off the stage two hours later.

Thunderlane offered Scootaloo a smile. “No luck, huh?”

Scootaloo waved it off. “Nah, it’s okay. I’ve waited this long, I can wait a little longer.”

Thunderlane patted her on the head and turned to his brother. “Ready to go?”

Rumble nodded. “See you later, girls. And, uh, I’ll see you at Sugarcube Corner tomorrow, Applebloom.” He finished with a blush.

Applebloom nodded and kissed his cheek. “You bet, sugar.”

“Get it, Rumble!” Came the still inebriated voice of Berry Punch, her body still sprawled across the couch.

Laughing at his brother’s embarrassment, Thunderlane turned to leave.

“Hey Thunderlane? What’s that in your mane?”

He reached back and plucked out the object; a scroll.

A scroll with the royal seal.

Thunderlane stared and struggled to recall the previous night’s events. Try as he might, it was all a blur. There were bits and pieces, but not a single whole picture. He vaguely recalled a mane of flowing light…

His jaw dropped. “Did… did I hook up with Princess Celestia last night?”

The four preteens busted out laughing. “Princess Celestia?” Applebloom shook her head. “Thunderlane, it’s more likely that you wound up getting to know Granny Smith a bit more than you expected and yer tryin’ to block it out.”

The thought made Thunderlane queasy… up until he heard the harsh voice of the Apple Family matriarch echo from upstairs.

“Make yerselves useful and bring me some coffee. I’m gonna need my energy for this.”

All heads turned to the top of the stairs.

All jaws dropped when a disheveled Flim and Flam appeared there. “This… this is not what I planned for when I said ‘let’s go fool around with the Apple Family wedding.’” Flim muttered.

“Nor I, brother of mine.” Flam replied, equally shaken.

“I’m waitin’!” Granny Smith’s voice called.

Flam straightened his hat and made for the door. “Thank you all for the lovely evening, but I’m afraid we have business to attend to in Neigh Orleans. After a very long, very hot, shower.” He paused when he saw Flim was not beside him. “Brother?”

Flim was halfway to the kitchen. “You, uh, go on ahead, brother of mine. I’ll be along.”

Flam’s eye twitched. “You mean...?”

Flim shrugged. “What can I say? There’s an opportunity in this community that, let’s face it, doesn’t happen to us very often.” He tipped his hat in his brother’s direction, grabbed two cups of steaming coffee in his magic, and headed back upstairs.

Flam shook his head, tipped his own hat to the ponies in attendance, and fled.

In the ensuing raucous laughter, Thunderlane finally opened the scroll and began to read.

Dear Thunderlane,

My apologies for the memory wipe spell. I am not… myself when I get too deep into the cups, and I am more comfortable knowing that you do not think of me as some floozy.

I’m also sorry about your tail. My sister can be quite prankish when she has too much cider.

For what it’s worth, Thunderlane, you provided a wonderful bit of stress relief and did your princess a great service. Several great services, if I recall. As a reward, rest assured that I will be speaking to Spitfire about you the next time a slot on the Wonderbolts opens up.

In the meantime, should you ever find yourself in Canterlot, perhaps we could become reacquainted. My private chambers are much more comfortable than any broom closet.

See you soon,

Princess C.

If Thunderlane’s grin were any wider, his head would have fallen in half. He snatched his still laughing brother and plopped him onto his back. “Time to bounce, little bro.”

“Why so quick?” Rumble asked as Thunderlane barreled out the door and sprang into the beautiful sky.

“We’ve gotta get you home. I’ve got some… business in Canterlot.”

/////////////////////////////////////////////

The Cutie Mark Crusaders watched the two pegasi leave. “Wonder what their hurry is?” Scootaloo wondered aloud.

They turned to the stairs again as the laughter became cheers and roars of approval.

Mac and Fluttershy stood at the top of the stairs and smiled down at the party guests. They looked at each other, husband and wife, and kissed to further cheers.

“Think they’re gonna make it?” Sweetie Belle asked Applebloom.

Applebloom smiled and nodded, pleased as punch with her new sister-in-law. “Why not? It’s a brand new day, after all.”

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

The sun continued its long trek across the sky.

Another morning’s glory passed.

A new day began.

The End

Comments ( 22 )

Awww, it's finally over. :raritydespair: Oh well. All good things must come to an end, unfortunately. However, this was a wonderful ending to a very heartwarming story. Very unique ship for the finale. :pinkiehappy:

It's finished? :fluttershysad:

I'm a little confused with the Rarity & Sweetie Belle mother daughter thing. Ya know, since they're sisters.

And so it ends. :ajsleepy:

One thing I don't like though is how it always seems the scoots is the last to get her mark.

4810835 Dear Sweetie Belle is one of Jade's most popular stories. Maybe check it out :P

A great end to a great story. The part with Flim an Flam and Granny Smith made me laugh SO hard.

When I reached the letter, I drifted down to the end to see it signed, 'Princess C' making me briefly think that it was Cadence, and I already started thinking about ways the continuity could have gone, until it mentioned the part about her sister, so now I know it's Celestia.

All of your stories are finished now, (and I've read them all) and I can't wait for what's next.

A lot going on there! I keep hoping that the show will do something like that, with more complex Simultaneous Arcs than two episodes... ah well.... And that's a wrap! (...I'm assuming the Doctor Horrible allusion was unintentional.:trollestia:)

Dayum, Thunderlane scored big time.

4810917 Scootaloo getting her Cutie Mark is gonna be a huge deal when it finally happens, trust me.


4811042 I love that there are now people who automatically deal with questions like that. Thank you.


4811141 My dear Yami; nothing I do us unintentional.


4812648 Hence the joke in the Epilogue.

So everyone, fucked each other....for one night, love was renewed, found, discovered for the first time, and mortified.

Love renewed for the Cakes and the couple of Lyra and Bon-Bon

Love reinforced in the case of Applejack and Dash, and the wedding of Macintosh and Fluttershy.

Love have been discovered in the cases of Soarin/Braeburn and Caramel/Pinkie, also in the passion of Spike and Rarity.

Love has been confusing, because Thunderlane got down with Princess Celestia. And defintely in the case of Applebloom and Rumble.

And we have also discovered that apparenty libido doesn't have to be just for the young....since there is a implied bisexual threesome with Granny Smith and the Flim Flam brothers....that would be the mortifying potion of "what the hell did I do last night?!"

Well done. for everyone around. It almost makes me want to see the wedding night, since we see that this story is a lens on how everypony woke up the next morning. Can't help it---I know I'm perverted, Maybe I could write what happened at the reception and up to when the sun came up. But I will probably not publish it...sorry, all knows what have happened, just use your imagination :raritywink:

Anyway, I apologize for not seeing this for a while, but I am happy that everyone found their respective ways on this journey of life and love. maybe we will see another wedding. It is amazing that all of them are considered as technically friends, but I truly feel that all of them have become a family---a wierd, unusual family, but a very strong one. Thanks again for the work!!!:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

4814363 I want to stress that despite the debauchery going on around them, Applebloom and Rumble did not have sex. They are very much underage and Rumble only just worked up the courage to ask out the youngest Apple.

Also nothing bisexual about Granny taking the Flim Flam Brothers for a ride. Drunk or not, the brothers did their damndest to stay on their own side of the bed.

I like the Pinkie x Caramel what is the name for that

I've never seen so much shipping tastefully crammed into one novel. Bloody brilliant.

As they say, all good things must come to an end.

And what a great end it was.

5157758 I KNOW! I'm so happy!

Flim+Granny Smith+Flam=:pinkiesick::pinkiesick::pinkiesick: out of :pinkiesick::pinkiesick::pinkiesick:

Just found this story. Great read and Have a thumbs up!

Okay, so after having read the entire story (except for one chapter, which I'll get to), here's what I have to say about it:
The story managed to be adorable, despite the fact that I only ship 3 of the couples that were featured (Sparity, Doctor Whooves X Derpy, and LyraBon).
Most of the chapters that had couples I don't ship were heartwarming enough that I could still enjoy them regardless.
There is only one chapter I found myself skipping: The Soarin x Braeburn chapter. And it's entirely because I just can't see them getting together in any universe.

As a whole, though, I'd have to say that this is my favorite story to come out of the DSBC so far that I've actually read, and that's entirely because of the fact that it's essentially a bunch of heartwarming fluff pieces.

I really loved the Fluttermac part, we need more of this, even if the ship has no canon, it's still damn good looking!

I know that the Twilight chapter is meant to be a bit of a comedic break from the more serious chapters, but damn, that was my favourite chapter of them all.

Login or register to comment