• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Lackluster - bahatumay

Three excited fillies watched as Rainbow Dash flew around the meadow in complicated patterns and gravity-defying corkscrews. More accurately speaking, one little orange pegasus filly watched excitedly as her wings buzzed with desire, but her two friends weren't as impressed.

"Is it just me, or are Rainbow's tricks looking a little lackluster today?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"If'n that means 'she didn't bring her "A" game', then, yeah," Apple Bloom nodded. "Mebbe she's tired?"

"Maybe she's sick?" Sweetie Belle suggested.

"Nah," Scootaloo said, waving a hoof dismissively. "She's too awesome for that. In fact, I bet she's about to do something really cool righ now!"

All three turned back to the meadow, but to their surprise, Rainbow Dash was gone.

* * *

Later that evening, there was a knock on the door of the Sweet Apple Acres farmhouse. Big Mac opened the door, and was mildly surprised to see a dejected Rainbow Dash standing there with a little bag of bits in her mouth and sporting dull, lackluster eyes.

Before he could ask what was going on, she tossed it at his hooves.

"You win," she said.

Big Mac's mind quickly flashed back to the conversation that morning.

"Are you sure you're gonna be ok?" Applejack asked.

Rainbow Dash laughed. "It's just four days! It's not like you're going away forever. Besides, this fruit convention sounds like it could get you guys some good business, and I know you and your 'family first' shpiel."

"But you're family, too, Rainbow," Applejack pointed out.

"Yeah, but I'll be too busy being awesome to even miss you." She held Applejack's head between her front hooves and looked her in the eyes. "Stop worrying, AJ. I'll be fine."

Big Mac snorted.

Rainbow looked up and glared. "Oh yeah? You think different?" she challenged.

Big Mac nodded. "Eeyup. Twenty bits says you cain't last two days without 'er."

"Yeah? You're on, big guy," Rainbow grinned, holding out a hoof for bumping.

"You win," she repeated flatly. "I didn't even last eight hours."

Big Mac nodded and made to give the bits back, but Rainbow held up a hoof. "Bet's a bet," Rainbow said miserably. "I guess I lost more than I thought I would." Sighing, she turned to walk away.

She really did look awful. Big Mac looked down, before looking back at her. "Rainbow?"

She didn't turn around, but she did stop walking and swivel an ear back, so that was kindof the same thing.

"Granny Smith just pulled a' apple cobbler outta th' oven, and you're welcome t' have some. Ah know it ain't Applejack, but mebbe it'll help take the edge off."

A small half-smile flickered across Rainbow's face. "I think I'd like that."

PreviousChapters Next