• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,748 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,748

PreviousChapters Next
Death - Golden Delicious

Applejack clenched the hoof of the faded mare next to her, gritting her teeth as her eyes flashed. She stood, shot an apologetic glare to the mare sprawled under a clean white sheet, then turned towards the nurse.

"Now ma'am, ah don' mean to be accus'tory, bu' this 'ere's my marefrien', and ah'm awful partial t'er. So per'aps y' can explain t' a country mare li' me what y'all mean when y' say 'she's probably not gonna make it.' 'cause ah know my Dash, an' she's a fighter. She woul'n' go down without one hell o' a fight, y'see. So what exactly's goin' on 'ere?"

With every other word, Applejack stepped towards the white coated nurse, her eyes flashing as she cornered her.

"Now, miss Applejack. I understand the pain you may be going through right now, and I want you to know. It isn't your fault. So don't blame yourself. Iā€”"

"It is my buckin' fault!" yelled Applejack, smashing her hoof through the thin plaster near the nurse's head. "If ah hadn' tol' 'er she could do it, or if ah hadn' left 'er alone, or somethin', just somethin', it could all be different!"

"Applejack, sweetie. Let's sit doā€”"

Nurse Redheart was cut off once again by a sharp, warning beep from the machine attached to the bed. They both gasped, and Applejack turned, letting Nurse Redheart rush to the mare's bedside. Applejack stared, her face steadily paling as the beeping became louder and slower, farther apart as the nurse began to pound on her chest, pushing and shoving. A stuttered gasp came from the limp figure in the bed, and Applejack ran towards it, pushing the nurse out of the way.

"Dashie? Ah don' know i' y'all can 'ear me, bu' if y'can, ah wanna say a few thin's. Ah'm so sorry, an ah wish it weren' li' this. Ah love you, Dashie, so please. Please don' go!" she sobbed, collapsing onto the bed and wrapping her hooves around her.

"I love you too," came a hoarse voice from under the covers, and Applejack gasped. "If you truly love something, let it go," she gasped, then the beeping came to a flat tone as Applejack sobbed over the corpse's rainbow mane.

PreviousChapters Next