• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,750 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,750

PreviousChapters Next
Regret - macdjord

Regrets.

Everypony has regrets, AJ thought to herself. Little ones.

"Consarnit, Dash! You ate all the fritters again!"

Big ones.

Applejack flinched at the faint look of disappointment on Apple Bloom's face. She had been off with Rainbow Dash when her brother had been hurt.

There wasn't, in all fairness, anything wrong with that! She had begged off helping him clean the barn that day, and he had cheerfully accepted - just as she had when Pinkie Pie had last come calling. But that had been the day a poorly-balanced hay bale had fallen on him. It had been only luck that he had been only bruised, not seriously injured.

Big Mac had forgiven her immediately, of course. But little Bloom, too young to grasp the appeal of romance, was taking it harder.

And forgiving herself was the hardest part of all.

Some for herself.

"Ah'm sorry, Love. Ah shouldn't take it out on you."
"It's fine, AJ. I know this is important to you."
"It's just... we Apples have always had big families. Ah have eight aunts and uncles, and thirty-odd cousins. An' two sibling o' my own, of course, and there'd 'ah be a lot more if it weren't for..." She trailed off, and Rainbow pulled her into a gentle, loving hug. Even after all these years, none of the Apples like to talk about the tragedy that had taken her parents shortly after Apple Bloom's birth.
"Ah'd always imagined having a big family of mah own some day. But Ah can't carry your foals, Rainbow, and Ah don't want to carry anypony else's. There'll be Big Mac's brood, and maybe we could adopt, but... it just ain't the same."

Some for her love.

"'We, the Wonderbolts, are pleased to inform you that, on the strength of your performance in tryouts, you have been selected to join our ranks-' Sugarcube! This is great! This is what you've always wanted, ain't it?"
"Keep reading, AJ."
"Uh... Acceptance... report to... training program?"
"Yup."
"Oh... Las Pegasus. Two years?"
"Six days a week. Even I can't fly all the way here and back in one day - not and be ready for training the day after. I wouldn't see you except for holidays."
"Oh, Sugar... I understand. I'll miss you too."
"No. I've already told them I'm turning it down. They're not worth it. They're not worth you."

She smiled at the mare snuggled up next to her, and stroked the faded, greying mane. 30 years, she though. Time for regrets a-plenty, alright.

But there was one thing she would never regret.

"Rainbow Dash... will ya marry me?"
Before the words were out of her mouth, the blue pegasus's lips were plastered to hers, in the fiercest kiss she had ever known. She took that as a 'yes'.

PreviousChapters Next