• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Video Game - HapHazred

"Hey! Hey!"

Sound did odd things, Applejack reflected. It was more than just vibrations in the air. It could transfer, sometimes, very specific types of energy. If Applejack had to guess, what Rainbow was emitting right now was something called the 'trouble particle'. Applejack had observed it quite enough times to recognize it when it surfaced.

"What is it?" she asked, regretting the very day Rainbow was born. A small, thin box hit her square in the forehead. "Ow!"

"Power up the Pega Dreamcast! I got a game for us!"

Applejack picked the box off the floor where it had landed, still nursing her head. "Really? Now?"

Rainbow snuck up behind her with the stealth and subtlety of a forklift. "It's for a really awesome occasion, I promise!"

Applejack couldn't help but relent. She had learned from experience that it was quicker to just let these things run their course. Besides, Rainbow's 'episodes' were quite possibly the most exciting parts of her week.

The console was plugged in and in went the game.

"So, you know Ponycalibur?" Rainbow asked. Applejack shook her head.

"Nope."

"Well, neither did I. Anyway. Apparently, they have, like these weird 'guest star' characters in their games."

Applejack's past experience was already screaming at her, and her hoof slowly went to rub the area between her eyes. "Uh-huh."

"Well... guess who the guest star is this time!"

"...gimme a minute," Applejack replied, feigning ignorance. Rainbow's patience failed to win out.

"Me! I'm in the game!" As the character roster shot up on-screen, Rainbow flicked the controls to select her character. Which was, as a matter of fact, herself. Applejack's jaw dropped. "Now I can play with myself all day long!"

Red crept across Applejack's cheeks, and her ears flattened as embarrassment took over.

"They've... uh..."

"I look awesome! And apparently, I have a sweet set of fighting moves too. Who knew? I never actually took fighting lessons."

"They changed your look a bit, didn't they?" Applejack said, each word carefully considered. Rainbow nodded.

"I know! My wings are huge!"

"And your, uh... tail is awful small," Applejack pointed out.

Rainbow went quiet for a bit.

"What's wrong with my tail?"

Applejack backpeddaled.

"Nothin's wrong with your tail! It's just a bit, uh..." Her eyes shot away to the side. "Distractin'."

Rainbow tilted her head to the side, frowning. "Why?" she asked.

Applejack swallowed.

"No reason."

Rainbow shrugged to herself. "Anyway! Want to play a round?"

Applejack's eyes kept going back to the area barely concealed by the tiny fragment of what remained of Rainbow's tail. Then her eyes shot to the game box.

Rated M for violence and sexual content, she read. Her blush deepened.

"How about we try story mode?" she asked.

"Uh, sure! I was going to do a practice round first, but if you want story mode... Wait. Can I play as myself in story mode?" She snatched the box up from the ground. "Am I even in story mode?"

Applejack adjusted her position on the couch. Videogames had decent cut-scenes these days, right?

"Maybe we can see if you can select your character. If you can, then we know you're in it."

Rainbow nodded. "Yeah, great idea!" She hovered her selector-thing over a few settings. "Two player... story mode." She lit up with excitement. "Yeah! I'm in it."

Thank heavens, Applejack thought.

Five minutes later, she had selected a character of her own. He looked pretty cool. He had a cowpony hat too. And a cool looking sword.

"Let's go!" Rainbow exclaimed, mashing buttons as soon as the fight began. "Wow! I'm really flexible in this!" She looked over at Applejack. "Hey, are you even playing?"

"Huh?" Applejack stammered, and then began spamming attacks. "Right!"

"Jeez! Who knew I could do the splits like that?"

"Hey, Rainbow?"

"Yeah, AJ?"

"We should play videogames more often."

PreviousChapters Next