• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,745 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,745

PreviousChapters Next
Flowers - UnlicensedBrony

Rainbow yelped in surprise and threw a hoof up over her eyes, as a blinding light assaulted them.

ā€œRise and shine, Dash,ā€ came Applejack's voice.

ā€œAw, you've got to be kidding me.ā€ She grabbed Applejack's bedsheets and pulled them up over her head. ā€œWe spent the whole of yesterday wrapping up winter, can't we at least lie in a little bit?ā€

ā€œFirstly, I've already let ya sleep for an extra hour,ā€ said Applejack. ā€œAnd secondly, you're gonna want to see this.ā€

ā€œAnd I couldn't wait to see it 'til later?ā€

The sheets were abruptly snatched from Dash's head. She grabbed for them, but Applejack had already taken them and tossed them into the laundry basket. ā€œNope. So come on, before ya miss it.ā€

ā€œBut Applejaaack--ā€

ā€œHey.ā€ She fixed Dash with a reassuring smile. ā€œIt's worth it. I promise.ā€

Dash stared at her for a moment, then finally sighed, rolled out of bed and made her way towards Applejack. She leant in for their good morning kiss, but Applejack had already turned and left the room.

ā€œUh...ā€ Dash managed. Whatever this thing was, it must've been a pretty big deal. At the very least, they always had a morning kiss...

So, keeping to herself that she was a little bummed out, Dash made her way out of Applejack's bedroom, down the stairs and followed her out the front door. It was still early morning out, so the Sun gave the horizon a tangerine glow. Always too early for Dash, but at least it was a pretty sight. She could get why Applejack was a morning pony.

ā€œHey, over here.ā€

Turning, Dash saw Applejack trotting up the side of a small hill. She unfurled her wings, but quickly put them back when she realised how much they ached from yesterday. Winter Wrap Up sure made you work for it, as did the celebrations afterwards. Flying was a no-go before a decent breakfast. So she followed AJ on hoof.

ā€œAlright, what am I looking fo...ā€ Dash trailed off as she reached the top of the hillock and stood beside Applejack. ā€œOh.ā€

A sea of colour stretched out before them, for what must've been half a mile. They faced eastwards, so the Sun was directly ahead on the horizon, and Dash had to squint to make out the sight. Below them, covering the entire space between the farmhouse and the east orchard, were flowers. An ocean of them.

Some were lifted up into the air by the gentle, spring breeze, whilst the others just swayed softly in time with it. Rippling waves made their way from one end to the other with an almost casual slowness. Clouds of butterflies flew close to the surface, their wings casting flickering shadows over the whole scene. And the morning light from the sky lit the whole thing up with the most beautiful orange glow that she'd ever seen.

It reminded her of AJ.

ā€œOkay. This is worth getting out of bed for,ā€ Dash admitted. A second later, a hoof cupped under her chin and slowly turned her head to face Applejack, whose green eyes caught the light just right, and whose smile felt like a sunrise all of its own.

Applejack leant in, and when Dash realised the idea, she did the same. She closed her eyes as their lips met, and they shared their morning kiss in the warmth of the first light of spring. As early morning wake ups went, it wasn't bad at all.

PreviousChapters Next