• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,746 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,746

PreviousChapters Next
Peanut Butter - bahatumay

Rainbow scowled and shook her head, and then her ears pricked up. Maybe this could work. She nodded excitedly. This is the kind of thing Pinkie would do, right? They'd surely understand.

"It is charades, then?" Mrs. Cake asked, slightly confused.

Rainbow nodded and stomped twice.

Mr. Cake nodded. "Two words," he said.

Rainbow trotted over and pointed at a frosted sugar cookie.

"Cookie?"

Rainbow shook her head. She gestured at the whole cookie.

"Frosting?"

Rainbow scowled, but it quickly vanished. She pointed deliberately at each color in her mane, and then pointed at the cookie.

"There was a hair in the cookies?" Mrs. Cake turned to Mr. Cake. "I told you to make sure that the twins didn't go in the kitchen!"

"And I told you, they got hungry!"

"Mph phmph!" Rainbow growled, drawing their attention back.

"Sugar cookie?" Mr. Cake guessed.

Rainbow shook her head and deliberately pointed at each color again.

"Oh... colors?"

Rainbow nodded quickly.

"Pink?"

Rainbow nodded and then gestured at a pie.

"Pink... pie... Pinkie Pie?"

Rainbow nodded quickly again.

"So it has something to do with Pinkie Pie," Mrs. Cake said to confirm.

Rainbow nodded.

Mrs. Cake suppressed a sigh. "What did she do this time?"

Rainbow sat down and made like she were mixing something. Then she poured it on an invisible tray and slid it into the invisible oven nearby, and then held one out. She scampered around to play herself, took it, and then placed it in her mouth. She exaggeratedly pulled at her jaw, but it didn't quite open.

"She gave you a pastry?" Mrs. Cake guessed.

"And it was really good?" Mr. Cake added.

Rainbow paused, but then nodded, agreeing reluctantly. She repeated the complicated chewing gesture.

"She gave you a pastry and... you want another?"

Rainbow shook her head furiously.

"What kind of pastry did she give you?"

Rainbow snorted. This was exactly what she was trying to say. Then she brightened. Pinkie must have left the tray in the sink.

Trotting past them, she entered the kitchen. Her wings drooped when she realized that the kitchen was sparkling clean, even the giant mound of bubbles that...

She darted forward and dug a hoof in, and she felt something underneath. Grinning, she pulled out the tray that had been left to soak. She sniffed it and brightened. Granted, it smelled like soap, but it still had some of the previous contents on it. She held out the tray to the Cakes expectantly.

"She gave you the whole tray?!"

Rainbow valiantly suppressed the urge to facehoof. Then she made broad circling motions over the tray.

"On the tray, we get it," Mrs. Cake said.

Rainbow hit herself with the tray. How had these two ever figured out how to be parents? Ok, she was really going to have to dumb this down.

She stomped three times.

"Three words," Mr. Cake repeated.

She nodded, then stomped twice.

"Two syllables."

She stomped once.

"First syllable."

Rainbow shuffled forward, squatted down, and lifted her tail, as if she were about to...

"Rainbow?!"

Rainbow quickly straightened up as she recognized that voice. Applejack's head was peering around the corner, and she looked, well, surprised, to say the least.

"What exactly are you doing?"

Rainbow scampered up. Applejack would understand. Applejack always understood. She began to explain. "Mh phhrrm phmrpr phrmurrprh! Prh ph prhhrn r prhr brhr urprih rh hr y ouh i hrh!"

Applejack stared, and then burst into laughter. "You ate one of Pinkie Pie's peanut butter surprises and now your mouth is stuck?"

Rainbow Dash's eyes rolled into the back of her head, relieved that she was finally getting her message across, and she seized Applejack in a tight hug.

Applejack grinned and patted her on the back. "That's nice and all; but why didn't you just grab a glass of milk and explain afterwards?"

Rainbow froze. She buried her blushing face deeper into Applejack's mane, apparently trying to disappear inside it. That hadn't even occurred to her.

Applejack chuckled and leaned over to look at Mrs. Cake. "Could I get two glasses of milk? And maybe one of them giant cookies, but the kind without peanut butter."

Rainbow groaned as Applejack could no longer suppress her chuckles.

Never again.

PreviousChapters Next