• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Stress - MintyJoy

Rainbow wiped her forehead and gritted her teeth with frustration as she glared at the sketch papers below her. Circles and crosses dotted the crinkled sheets, making her head swim. She had been asked to choreograph the Wonderboltsā€™ next performance, as she was the captain now.

She had no idea it would be this hard.

As she wrestled with the complicated turns and daring dives in her brain, a gentle knock was heard at the door.

ā€œCome in,ā€ she grumbled softly.

The door opened almost silently, and the sound of four hooves tip-toeing into the room came from behind her. Dash already knew who it was without turning around. She bit down on her pencil as she tried to concentrate. Maybe I should have Fleetfoot turn left instead of loop rightā€¦

Two sunset orange hooves draped themselves over her shoulders, and a gentle kiss placed itself on her cheek.

ā€œHey sugarcube,ā€ Applejackā€™s voice cut through her thoughts. ā€œHowā€™s it cominā€™?ā€

Dash, not wanting her partner to worry, tried to dismiss the truth.

ā€œFine, but Iā€™m kinda busy. Do you think you couldā€”ā€

Applejack saw right through her lie as she glanced at the wastebin, full of useless flight plans.

ā€œRainbow,ā€ Applejack interrupted, concern in her voice, ā€œmaybe you should take a break?ā€

A break sounded nice to Dashā€™s tired eyes, but she knew she had to get this done in good time if the team was going to have enough time to practice it and work out the kinks. No, she had to keep working.

ā€œNo, I got this. Thanks though.ā€ She turned back to the papers, with no desire to continue.

ā€œAlright,ā€ Applejack stepped back, and slowly headed for the door. She was tired, and although her warm bed sounded like a nice idea, it didnā€™t seem right without Rainbow. If only she could help.

She looked back at the tired pegasus. Her eyelids were drooping, and her teeth were making marks in the pencil they were holding as she scribbled out another paper. There was no way that Rainbow could think straight in this condition. She needed sleep, but she couldnā€™t afford it. However, Applejack could settle with giving her the next best thing.

Rainbow felt a sudden jerk on her shoulders as she was swiftly turned around to face Applejack. She looked upon her partner with tired eyes, ready to protest the next invitation to go to bed.

But she received no such invitation.

Applejack leaned forward with earnest, kissing her lover with all that she had left in her that day. Rainbow almost jumped back in surprise, but then welcomed the loving gesture. As Applejack transferred her love and energy across the kiss, Rainbow felt all the stress and fogginess in her mind melt away, only to be replaced with happiness and clarity. As the kiss broke, Rainbow opened her eyes with renewed resolve, and smiled.

ā€œAh want to stay up with you,ā€ Applejack almost declared.

ā€œAre you sure?ā€ Rainbow asked, her eyes still sparkling from the kiss. ā€œThis could take a while.ā€

ā€œAh donā€™t mind,ā€ Applejack shrugged with a grin, ā€œAh want to help.ā€

Rainbow pulled over another chair for her partner and sat down.

ā€œThanks,ā€ she blushed sheepishly, ā€œI think I could use your help.ā€

ā€œAh noticed,ā€ Applejack gave Rainbow a peck, and then looked down at the paper.

ā€œWhat if you moved Soarinā€™ here?ā€

Rainbow followed Applejackā€™s hoof, and smiled.

ā€œYeah, thatā€™s much better! AJ, youā€™re a genius!ā€

As the two continued to work throughout the night, Appejack couldnā€™t help but smile at the success of her little plan. Perhaps Rainbow couldnā€™t afford sleep, but she could afford a loving kiss and a helping hoof. All this stress and worrying about not getting what she needed when all she really needed wasā€¦

ā€¦a little bit of Applejack.

PreviousChapters Next