• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Masquerade - bahatumay

The purpose of a masquerade, of course, is to get to know ponies without actually knowing who they are. It's a bit of a mixed bag when the masks come off at the end of the night. Many meet new friends they never would have met otherwise. Some ponies find they might actually get along with their enemies. Some ponies find out uncomfortable things about their sexuality.

But those moments would come later.

Right now, a young filly with a red mane was desperately looking for her brother. He wasn't difficult to find, really; mask or no mask he was still the only pony a good head taller than everypony else.

"Mac!" she called when she'd found him.

The large stallion turned around. "Ah don't know anypony by that name," he said.

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes. "You're a terrible liar, ya know that?"

"Uh... nope?" He winced as he realized that he had definitely given himself away that time.

Apple Bloom shook her head. "Look, Ah need your help!"

Mac raised an eyebrow behind his mask. At a party like this? "With what?"

"Applejack's cheatin' on Rainbow Dash!"

Mac paused. "Ah sincerely doubt that."

"No, come and see!"

Mac gave a sheepish smile to his partner, who nodded to let him go. He followed Apple Bloom down the halls, and paused as he realized that they were leaving the ballroom proper, and heading in towards the bedrooms.

This didn't bode too well.

Luckily, she took a left turn, and he saw his sister talking with a pegasus with a jet black mane. How close they were standing left a good indication that this was not a platonic chat. He raised an eyebrow.

"See?" Apple Bloom hissed.

Mac waited, not believing his eyes. Then he smiled. He reached into his saddlebags and pulled out a small bottle of something. He'd been meaning to save it for later, but it would be just fine right now.

They were nuzzling each other, now, with their tails entwined. Mac suppressed a shudder.

"What's that for?" Apple Bloom asked.

"T' see if it's really Rainbow." He popped open the bottle and sloshed it once.

The pegasus froze, and her ears instantly pricked up. She turned around to see Mac with the bottle of cider.

Instantly, she was at his side. "Hey, Mac," she said. "That's a lot of cider, even for you. You sure you can drink that all? 'Cause I can help. No charge!"

Mac chuckled and gave it to her.

Apple Bloom blinked as she recognized the voice and how quickly she was draining the cider. "It was Rainbow," she said, still in shock. "But it doesn't look anything like her!"

Applejack laughed. "Ah know; but when it's true love, you can always see through anything."

Rainbow paused her drinking just long enough to respond. "Or it's because I'm the only one brave enough or stupid enough to swat your flank while you're getting food."

Applejack responded by hitting the bottom of the bottle, sending cider all over Rainbow's face.

PreviousChapters Next