• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,749 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,749

PreviousChapters Next
Bedroom - Rangelost

The tension in Applejack's bedroom is unbearable. The closed door prevents even air itself to attempt an escape. After a long moment, the mare's fiery voice pierces through the heavy silence.

"An' just who do you think you are?"

She glares coldly straight into the other pony's frightened eyes.

"You ain't good enough for her."

Applejack keeps staring angrily into the quiet pony's sorrowful eyes.

"She's the goldarn prettiest mare in all of Equestria, and what are you?"

The pony wishes she could lower her head in shame, but an orange hoof grabs her mane.

"Jus' look at this plain, borin' ol' mane o' yours. Ain't no way in Tartarus you're gonna impress her with that!"

The mane reluctantly falls back on the pony's shoulder, the hoof releasing it strand by strand, as if to expose each unworthy hair.

"Ain't no way she'll ever beā€”" Applejack chokes, seeing tears starting to form in the other pony's eyes.

"Don't'cha DARE cry!" she yells at her, slamming her hooves loudly on the desk. Her vision begins to blur.

"Don't'cha dare..." she begins again, her voice losing itself in a whimper.

She closes her eyes for a moment, feeling warm tears soak her own cheeks as she tries in vain to stifle a sob. Suddenly, a gust of air spirals around the room. Her teary eyes shoot open, fixed on the other pony. Her heart skips a beat. The window behind her is open.

"I dunno, AJ", a scratchy voice fills the room. "I think she looks pretty cute."

A cyan and rainbow blur moves closer to the pony and reaches for her chin with a hoof. Gently, it guides Applejack's gaze away from the mirror, and into concerned magenta eyes.

"But she looks even better when she's not sad," Rainbow Dash whispers, a worried look on her face.

Applejack glances back at the mirror and rubs away the haze with her forelegs, attempting a forced smile. As she does so, she sees her friend lean closer, and feels a soft nuzzle on her cheek. Her eyes light up and an honest smile stretches across her muzzle.

"I s'pose she does..."

PreviousChapters Next