• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 5,745 Views, 1,311 Comments

AppleDash Group Collab - DbzOrDie



Mini-fics written by AppleDash members.

  • ...
48
 1,311
 5,745

PreviousChapters Next
Fish - bahatumay

Applejack strode confidently through the orchard, finally slowing to a stop amidst a large group of trees. She bit her lower lip, thinking, until she decided which tree would be first. Setting up baskets around the base, she got into position and kicked. She heard the expected sound of apples thunking solidly into the buckets, but she also heard a new, unexpected sound.

A faint whistling flew by her ear. She quickly placed both hooves over her hat and scanned her surroundings, but she was alone, just as she had thought.

"Prolly just a fly or sommat," she said to herself. "Nothin' t' get all worked up about."

Moving her baskets over to the next tree, she kicked again, sending a shower of apples raining down. And once again, a faint whistling rushed by her ear.

Hmm.

Applejack looked around, but heard nothing. Shrugging, she kicked again and felt the now expected whiff of air.

This time, she swiveled her ears and listened carefully. Sure enough, a few seconds later, she had confirmed her suspicions.

Picking up her baskets, she moved over to the tree furthest away in this little section, set up her baskets, and kicked again.

* * *

Up on a cloud high above the ground, a grumbling pegasus blindly swung the pole again. This time, Rainbow Dash felt the hook hit something and find purchase. Giggling evilly, she began to reel in the line.

"Oh, man, AJ will never see this coming," she chortled.

"Wanna bet?"

"Gah!" Rainbow jumped as her vision was suddenly filled with an orange earth pony, still wearing her hat and looking moderately annoyed.

"Applejack! How did you get up here?"

"Ah didn't."

Taking another look, Rainbow realized that Applejack had wrapped the fishing line around her hoof, and Rainbow had not so much reeled in the hat as pulled herself down, and her little black raincloud was now but a foot off the ground.

"So..." Rainbow said awkwardly. "Surprise, huh?"

Applejack pulled the pole out of Rainbow's hooves and tossed it into the grass. She then leaned forward and gave Rainbow a gentle kiss on the nose. "Ah appreciate a good prank, Rainbow." She then gave Rainbow a smack upside her head. "But the hat has been and will always be off limits. Find a different prank next time, ok?"

Rainbow Dash nodded... before hopping up and bouncing once on the cloud, sending a spark of lightning through the air and hitting Applejack right in the cutie mark.

"Better?" she asked cheekily.

* * *

Rainbow Dash pulled her head out of the mud and shook off a few of the leaves that were stuck to her body.

"Totally worth it," she grinned.

PreviousChapters Next