• Published 9th Nov 2012
  • 14,123 Views, 575 Comments

Dr Sheldon Cooper goes to Equestria - Lancelot



An obsessive physicist gets transported to a world of technicolor equines, and scientific anomalies.

  • ...
108
 575
 14,123

The Equine Hypothesis

Sheldon groaned in discomfort. His body ached and his eyes felt like they were on fire. His back felt sore, and there was something uncomfortable digging into his spine. He awkwardly attempted to shuffle himself off the unpleasant surface, to no avail.

"Is it having a seizure, or something?"

"I don't know Rainbow. It's definitely experiencing some sort of spasm."

"Um, should we help it? It looks like it could use help..."

After about a minute of shaking himself in different directions simultaneously, Sheldon decided his efforts were in vain. With his choices limited, Sheldon fought the pain and summoned forth the energy to open his eyes. The bright light emitting from the sun, impaired his vision but he could barely make out the outlines of six oddly shaped midgets, standing before him.

"Hey, he's opening his eyes! This is so super-fantastically-amazingly-awesome! That means we can throw a 'Congratulations on seeing things for the first time ever party'!"

"Uh, Pinkie, Ah don't think this is the first time he's opened his eyes. He wasn't jus' born."

"Girls, quiet! We don't know how it'll react to us yet. My 'First encounters with the Wilderness' book, said first impressions are everything."

Sheldon may be temporarily blind, but that didn't mean he was deaf. He had been listening to the females' banter back and forth, with stunned intrigue.

Must be some sort of circus comedy act

After the sun's illuminating glow and finally vanished from his sight, he could get a better look at those, who's company he shared.

A lump formed in the throat of a flabbergasted Sheldon, who was currently locking eyes with six, small, multicolored, equine creatures.

Darn it, Sheldon. You promised your mother you wouldn't do drugs

"Hi! My name's Twilight Sparkle, can you speak?" asked Twilight, with a hearty smile.

"You're a horse." Sheldon stated. "Horses don't talk."

"Hey pal, I think the word ya lookin' for there is ponies," Rainbow Dash corrected, with a frown.

"Ignore her," stated Twilight, subtly shaking her head at Rainbow Dash.

Sheldon said nothing, and continued to gaze at the six, scientific anomalies.

"Sorry if we seem rude, but... what are you exactly? Do you live in the Everfree forest?" questioned Twilight, with a hint of curiosity.

Sheldon remained silent for a few seconds before answering. "I'm a theoretical physicist and I live in Pasadena. Not that that's any concern of yours."

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry if I seem too nosy! I just have so many questions; I mean, where is Pasadena? Do all 'theoretical physicists' come from that place? How did you end up here?"

All the ponies stared at Sheldon expectantly for an answer, who offered nothing more than a blank expression. Sheldon had actually stopped listening to the horses and was instead focusing on the last question the purple one asked. How exactly did he end up here?

Well, I remember leaving the apartment and going to my office

The realization suddenly struck him.

He fell. In the corridor, on the way to his office. He tripped over something and hit the ground.

Dear lord, I must still be unconscious on the floor

"Hey uh, you still with us big guy?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"You think he's napping with his eyes open? I do that all the time!" Pinkie exclaimed, as she dropped to the floor and performed a series of fake snoring sounds, with her eyes still open.

"Um, Mr theoretical physicist... you still with us?" asked Twilight.

Sheldon snapped out of his thoughts and turned his head to observe the surrounding scenery. He was slumped against the rough bark of an aged tree, next to a large forest clearing. The sun's warm light, cascaded beautifully through the falling Autumn leaves, floating down from the branches above. Birds chirped to each other, high in the treetops overhead, and the blue, scenic sky, produced not a single cloud.

It was truly the perfect day. The epitome of life, outdoors. Unfortunately the two things Sheldon despised the most about being outside was 'nature' and 'being outside'.

Sheldon gave a long, exaggerated sigh. "Come on Unconscious mind, I'm disappointed in you. You could have at least made the environment look like the Starship Enterprise."

The group exchanged confused glances.

Sheldon turned his head around to meet the ponies' gaze once more. "And what's the deal with the horses? I hate horses. Unless I'm under the effect of some narcotic substance with hallucinogenic side-effects, then I'm unable to comprehend the logic of horses exchanging words with me." Sheldon considered the unlikeliness of this scenario, "Lord knows, the only mind expanding drug this man enjoys is called 'school'."

"Whatcha' tryin' to say there partner?" asked Applejack, hesitantly. "Ah hope yer not insulting us."

Sheldon flinched as soon Applejack began talking. He turned to face the cowpony, and gawked for several seconds.

Applejack let out a clearly uncomfortable cough, and it was obvious she found the strange creature's behavior unnerving. She shifted, anxiously and tried her best to avoid eye-contact.

It wasn't until Sheldon broke the silence, did the awkward atmosphere subside.

"Mom?"

Applejack pawed the ground, her emerald green eyes fluctuating, rapidly between her friends and the creature. "Beg yer pardon, sugarcube?"

Sheldon continued to stare, as if in some sort of trance. Sure the accent wasn't identical, but it was most certainly there.

"Listen, darling. Could you perhaps explain things more clearly? We're really not understanding you," asked Rarity.

The question freed Sheldon from his momentary daze, and he addressed the legged marshmallow. "All of you are just fragments of my subconscious. The orange one is my mom." Sheldon smiled, and reached out to gently touch Applejack's face.

Applejack gave a forced chuckle as she backed away slowly. "Hehe okay, gettin' a bit too 'touchy feely' there, sugarcube."

"Seems you have an admirer," teased Rarity, batting her lashes at the blushing cowpony.

"OOOOHHHHH, What's that thing?" Pinkie interjected, pointing towards a mechanical rectangle lying on the ground. "Is it a frisbee? Can I throw it? Oh, wait, wait, is it an edible Frisbee? Can we eat it too!?"

Sheldon squinted his eyes as he scanned the nearby terrain. He eventually found his prized possession, lying face down next to a moss-covered rock. He summoned forth all his energy and made a crawl for his laptop, doing his best to ignore the inevitable grass-stains that will soon be present on his clothes.

"Oh, that's okay. I can get your frisbee for you!" Pinkie announced, as she bounced over towards the foreign object.

"NO, DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT."

Pinkie stopped, mid-bounce and fell back to the ground. Sheldon's sudden outburst had certainly startled the group, especially Fluttershy, who produced a quiet squeak as she covered her face with her pink mane.

The ponies remained silent, as Sheldon arrived at his destination and practically leaped onto his laptop, clutching it tighter than he'd ever had before.

"You sure are protective of that thing, aren't you," stated Twilight, cautiously.

"That 'thing'?" repeated Sheldon, with disgust. "That 'thing' is an Alienware M17 x Gaming laptop."

"A what now?" asked Applejack.

"We've been through this a million times mom; and before you ask, no. I didn't get rid of it after you selfishly instructed me to last time, it's not 'sinful', it's a technological innovation. if God hates it so much, why doesn't he come down here and take it from me himself?"

A speechless Applejack turned to Twilight for support.

"Uh, well listen. I'm sure you're pretty tired. How about we go to the Library and you can get some rest," offered Twilight.

"My mom said I shouldn't go anywhere with strangers," stated Sheldon, gesturing towards Applejack. "Isn't that right mom?"

"Uh, I, well... um," stammered Applejack.

Twilight had an idea, and she hastily trotted over to Applejack's side and whispered something into her ear.

None of the others could distinguish what was being said, but they could take a guess. Applejack's cheeks flamed from within, and she vigorously shook her head in decline.

Sheldon remained seated upon the lush, green vegetation. His laptop secured firmly against his chest; he looked up at Applejack, expectantly.

The noticeable frown and drawn-out sigh, suggested that Applejack had finally submitted to Twilight's proposal.
She took a deep breath and turned around to face Sheldon. " Uh, it's okay sugarcube. I did say that but err... these aren't strangers, these are my friends!"

"Are these the people you go to church with every Sunday?" asked Sheldon.

"They err... they sure are!" exclaimed Applejack, with an exaggerated smile. "So now that that's settled; why don't ya'll come to the library."

"Dear Celestia! This sure is one weird animal" interjected Rainbow Dash.

Sheldon scowled. "You're a horse. A blue horse. A blue horse with a rainbow colored mane. If the 'Gay Rights Social Movement' ever had need for a mascot, you would be the first person they would turn too," Sheldon continued. "Oh but wait. You're also religious, and you attend church every Sunday. It surprises me they haven't kicked you out already, provided you look this ridiculous in real life."

"What the hay did you just say about me!?" demanded Rainbow Dash, as she darted forward and pushed her snout into his face.

"Oh, I apologize. Did I just send a rush of Neurotransmitters to your Medulla, and increase your blood pressure and adrenaline levels?" Sheldon retorted.

"Anywaaay...," stammered Twilght, as she desperately attempted pull Rainbow Dash away from Sheldon. "We should really get a move on. It's getting dark, and the Everfree forest really isn't the place to be after dark."

"Um, yes. We should go," suggested Fluttershy.

Sheldon used his free arm to heave himself upright. Once he was on his feet, the height difference became, instantly more noticeable. The small horned creatures, came to around his lower torso, and that's including their horns. The other's barely made his waistline.

The distinction in height, was also more visible to the other party as well. Rainbow Dash seemed slightly less inclined to engage the creature, and merely pouted as she struggled her way free from Twilight's grasp and took to the sky.

"Okay, let's leave," agreed Sheldon, after doing some light stretching.

The group made they're way along the pathway, leading out into the small village in the distance. Applejack stared at the ground, while clenching her teeth; with Sheldon walking so uncomfortably close to her. Fluttershy cheerfully hummed to passing ladybugs, and Rainbow Dash flew high above, performing aerial acrobatics. Rarity applied gracious amounts of sunscreen to her cheeks, while Pinkie bounced along without a care in the world. There wasn't much conversation, but nobody cared. It was a beautiful day in Equestria, and nothing was going to ruin that. Strange creature or no strange creature.

After a few minutes of silent wandering, the group arrived at their destination.

Sheldon looked up at the wooden sign, that was perched gracefully over the ground.

'Welcome to Ponyville'