• Published 5th Nov 2012
  • 9,218 Views, 449 Comments

Project Ascension - TheMyth



Scootaloo has a big problem, and it's not what you'd expect.

  • ...
22
 449
 9,218

Chapter 14

Twilight was racing through the streets at a speed that could rival that of a Wonderbolt. The life of her son Spike was slipping, thanks to a psychotic scientist. As she galloped through the streets of Canterlot, she was met with the gathering of pony crowds who were out enjoying their early evening recreation. “Out of my way!” she yelled at the crowd as she used her magic to push them aside forcefully. She bit her lips as she ran faster than she ever had in her life, with Spike being held onto her with her magic.

She reached the castle gates, slowing down her pace as she tried to catch her breath. The gatekeepers, who did not immediately recognize her, raised their wings, sharp and fierce like the spears they had on standby.

The guard on her right cleared his throat as he began to speak in a gruff voice, “Halt! Visitors are not permitted at this time, Miss-”

“Just open the gate before I make you!” Twilight threatened the guards as she began to charge her horn.

The other guard glared at her warily, “Miss, threatening the guard is a severe crime. One punishable by-”

“Twilight Sparkle!”

The guards turned sharply behind them as they located the source of the pony calling out to them, and their breath hitched slightly as they looked up and saw who was approaching them fast.

Princess Luna came gliding to the front gate when she immediately saw her sister’s pupil running drastically to the palace from her telescope. “Stand down guards! This here is Lady Twilight Sparkle! A personal friend of my sister and I!” she used her famous Canterlot voice to let the words sink into the guards and others around her. Once the guards made way for Twilight, Luna approached her and looked with concern to the unicorn’s watery eyes. “My dear friend, what has transpired?” she asked softly to Twilight, failing to notice Spike on Twilight’s back.

Twilight sniffed as she began to sob, “Please! I need you and Princess Celestia to save my baby!” she said in a hollowed voice as he pointed to her back, where the dragon was lying lifelessly.

Luna was shocked by this and placed a hoof on her mouth with her iris’ were dilating to the size of plates. “Oh my goodness! What happened to the poor boy?!” she asked Twilight, putting a hoof on the unicorn’s shoulder to help ease her shaking form.

“B... Bloodwing,” Twilight choked out. “He tried to...” she tried to finish but was overcome by sadness. She bowed her low as more tears were escaping from her eyes, until she felt a gentle hoof on her shoulder and looked up to see Luna giving her a reassuring soft smile before she turned to the guards.

“Guards, escort Twilight Sparkle to the hospital wing with all haste!” Luna ordered sternly, seeing her guards give her a sharp salute as they walked to Twilight’s side. She lifted Twilight’s head up with her hoof under the unicorn’s chin. “Worry not Twilight, we will...”

An explosion rocked Canterlot. The princess looked up sharply and narrowed her eyes as though they were binoculars. She let out a soft gasp that soon turned to a scowl, “Inform my sister of this at once!” she ordered the guards again, and saw both of them galloping towards the palace with Twilight in tow. Luna spreaded her wings and took to the skies.


Bloodwing flew high, up over the city of Canterlot, surveying the area.

“Looks good... we’ll have to get rid of most of the shopping center, no need for such frivolities, but I could make a good capital city...”

“Bloodwing!” he turned to face the two princesses flying towards him at top-speeds. Both princesses’ faces showed short of livid, especially Luna’s who viewed the pony before them with nothing but contempt.

“Ah, Celestia, good to see you again,” he greeted cordially.

“Bloodwing,” she answered in a tone that suggested seeing somepony for the first time in awhile. “You’ve changed, I see.”

“Indeed I have,” the scientist agreed. “It took over a decade, but it would have taken half the time if you hadn’t decided to be difficult.”

“You’re a sick pony,” Luna spat. “We know your crimes well. You’ve done horrible things, all in the name of your foolish experiments.”

“Foolish? Hardly. I’m gifting ponies with immortality, those that deserve it at least. What have you done in that area?”

“Nothing... because I am not cruel enough to curse anypony with immortality. It’s...”

“Oh, save it,” Bloodwing sneered. “An excuse you keep using to keep your power all to yourself. I refuse to believe it.”

“It matters not,” Luna said bluntly. “We will defeat you either way.”

She didn’t wait for an answer. She fired immediately.


“Everypony ok back there?!” Shining Armor shouted out the others as his shield was being expanded and used to plow the debris away from them. Once the shield was down, the air had a layer of lingering dust floating in it and the lab was in ruins.

Blaze shook his head, clearing the dizziness that was building up. “We’re all good,” he replied, as he looked up to the skies to see Bloodwing, “But we better deal with him before more ponies get involved,” he said sternly as he looked out of to the starry skies that was now visible thanks to Bloodwing destroying the lab.

Applejack looked at him Blaze, “Blaze, I think ya’ll need to tell us what is going on ‘ere,” she told him as she looked him deep in the eyes as to see the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

“What Bloodwing just did was-”

“Anypony here?!”

Rainbow Dash flew into the now demolished room and looked around her before she saw the four ponies in a clearing up ahead. She flew to them fast and landed before Shining, “What in Tartarus happened here, Shining?! And where’s Twilight!?” she asked him loudly as she was looking around her to view more of the destruction before her.

“Bloodwing happened,” Shining answered her deadpanned with a serious expression that soon molded into one of sorrow, “And Twilight left... cause of Spike... he...”

“What!? What happened to Spike!?”

Before Shining could answer her, four more ponies came rushing to them. They turned to the new group and were surprised at who was accompanying Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

Applejack looked down on the orange filly before her, “Scootaloo? What in tarnation are ya doin’ ‘ere!?” she questioned her with a stern tone as Scootaloo backed away slowly, with Rainbow coming in-between her and Applejack.

“Give her a break, will you!” she told her friend as she was glaring at the farm pony before softening her expression. “I’ll explain what happened later.”

“Light!?” Blaze came rushing to his little brother as he was both shocked and angry to see him at the one place he did want him to return to. “I thought I told you to stay with Scootaloo!”

“Well, technically...”

“Don’t give me that!” the older pegasus snapped. “After all these years you were finally safe, and you went right back into what I saved you from!”

“I...” Light stuttered. He was beginning to cry.

Blaze took a deep breath. “Look... we have bigger things to worry about right now.” He turned his attention back on the other adults. “We need to go after Bloodwing.”

“Are you mad?” Rarity exclaimed. “He’s an alicorn now...”

“Who doesn’t know how to use his abilities yet,” Blaze pointed out, “and I want to keep it that way. We need to take him down now.”

“I agree,” Rainbow Dash chimed in. “As long as he’s still out there, Canterlot is going to be in trouble.”

Shining Armor nodded. “We’re never going to have better odds. Alright then, You, Blaze, and Fluttershy fly off after him. The rest of us will get back to the palace. We’ll get the Elements of Harmony, they can help.”

“Um, maybe I better stay with the f...” Fluttershy began nervously before Rainbow Dash pulled her toward the ceiling.

“We need all the extra eyes to find him, he might be a million miles away by...”

A large flash of light lit up the sky. “Lands sake! We better hurry!” Applejack told the others as more flashes of light were showing.

Shining Armor decided to create a shortcut. His horn glowed sharply before it fired his magic to the wall, blowing it up and creating a new passage for them. The building around them was starting to quake, with the roof giving in. “Come on! Move! Move!” he order the ponies as they made a quick escape from the building that was now destroyed for good.

The ponies stopped for a brief moment to catch their breath, “Here I thought I was reckless,” Blaze noted loudly. “You’re one crazy jackass!”

Shining rolled his eyes to this statement, “Spend a week with Twilight and you will know what crazy is,” he said to Blaze, noticing the mares giving him a cold eye. “A-Anyway, we need to get the castle and deal with Bloodwing,” he said to the others as they made their way to where the battle was commencing.


Luna and Celestia encircled Bloodwing in the air, never taking their eyes off of him. He merely smiled at their actions and decided that his eyes were on Celestia’s. Luna took the chance, and fired at him with her magic.

He looked behind him and flew quickly out of it’s path, retorting with a shot of his blood magic at her. The magic however hit a shield Luna emitted and she fired once again at the mad pony.

Celestia took this chance to use a bit of magic of her own, sending torrents of magic to Bloodwing. She tried to lure him away but without avail, as he merely dodged the magic and responded using his own against her. She was however, also used her magic to form a protective layer around her. Oddly she felt weak and started sweating from the magic she was using. She looked at her sister Luna, who was also showing visible signs of fatigue and barely able to muster enough magic to repel the villain before them.

“How does it feel to be outclassed you old hags?!” Bloodwing mockingly asked the princesses, seeing as he now had an advantage.

Celestia only prayed that Shining Armor was still alive and able to put a shield up.

Bloodwing shot at Luna for another attack. Expecting an energy beam, the Princess of the Night put up a shield. However, it couldn’t defend her from what came next.

The mad doctor stopped just inches from her, and that seemed that. He seemingly did nothing at all.

And yet, Luna suddenly felt cold. Like the life was draining out of her. Not since the NightMare touched her had her soul felt so dark.

And then it was over. The feeling left, replaced by severe dizziness. Bloodwing struck her with a hoof, testing his new earth pony strength. She flew toward the ground.

Celestia eyes widened seeing her sister fall, and glowered at Bloodwing, firing more energy beams at Bloodwing, which unfortunately missed. She flew in closer to her target, wanting to end this once and for all. Once she was close enough, she used her horn to cast the finishing spell.

However, Celestia felt the same cold feeling her sister had. And just as before, it was over quickly, allowing Bloodwing a chance to hit her with an energy blast.

Bloodwing chuckled as Celestia spun out. “This is what Equestria has to offer? The ponies will welcome me as a...”

And then he was hit from underneath by a Sonic Rainboom.

He flew backwards having the air knocked out of him, but it was the surprise that crippled him more effectively. Soon he regained his bearings, and flipped himself over. Rainbow Dash, surprised by the sudden movement, made the mistake of slowing down.

She was instantly in Bloodwing’s magical grip.

“Don’t you ever know when to give up?” he asked her blankly as she drew her closer to him.

Rainbow just smirked at the stallion, “Not on your life I don’t,” she answered him as she spat at him, hitting his eye and seeing him flinch slightly, though not releasing the grip from her.

Bloodwing wiped the saliva from his eyes and glared at Rainbow, seeing her snicker in place. He snickered himself, silencing the mare before her. “Let’s see how much you have left in you, shall we?” He proceeded in coming closer to her, but Rainbow zoomed away from him until she came back fast and slammed both her hind legs against his chest, knocking the air out of him, just long enough for Dash to fly further away. “You little wench!” he growled at her, seeing her prepare to do another Sonic Rainboom on him. However, Bloodwing saw through this and prepared his magic, firing a beam of intense magic at Rainbow. The magic was only able to hit her wing though, but it was enough to send her falling to the ground at a speed that would be fatal to any pegasus.

As Rainbow was falling, she closed her eyes as the ground came nearer to her. But the wind that was hitting her face from the fall stopped, and so did she. She then felt herself floating upwards and feared for the worst. She hesitantly opened her eyes, but she was met with the smiling face of her friend Fluttershy.

Fluttershy let go of her, seeing how Dash was able to gain momentum again. “A-are you alright?” she asked her shyly.

Rainbow smiled broadly at Fluttershy, “Thanks to you I am. One more second, and I would have been a pancake thanks to that mad clown,” she told Fluttershy, looking back at Bloodwing who seemed to not notice the two of them below as he was advancing to the castle.

Blaze came flying from behind and just stopped behind the mares who turned to face him, “You two ok?”

“Oh yes, but I’m worried for the princesses. What if they-”

Fluttershy’s words were interrupted as she heard the sound of magic exploding and saw the Princesses using their magic against Bloodwing, magic intended only for the foulest of enemies.

Celestia moved in to lock horns with him, but stopped when she realized that would likely give Bloodwing an opening to use his mysterious spell, opting instead to keep her distance and fire another attack. As he dodged, Luna flew towards the three pegasi. “You three, is Shining Armor still active?”

“He is, he’s on his way to the Palace to get the Elements of...”

“No!” Luna said suddenly, “the Elements are not a generic weapon. They only nullify dark and chaos magic. Bloodwing is using neither.”

“Then... what do we do?”

“Return to the palace, and tell Shining Armor to put up his shield around all of Canterlot.”

“But...” Rainbow Dash stammered, “you’ll be trapped outside with...”

“Better than he be allowed to harm innocents. Fear not, we have battled Discord at full power, this foal will be trivial.”

“But,” Rainbow Dash began, only for Blaze to pull at her foreleg.

“You heard her, let’s go!”

Sighing, Rainbow Dash obeyed, flying off with her two comrades in tow. Luna turned to rejoin the battle just in time for Bloodwing to hit her with his mysterious spell again.


Nearly oblivious to the battle in the skies, Twilight cried at her son’s bedside. She held his one claw in her hoof firmly, feeling it becoming colder by the second. Her lips quivered as she looked down on her boy’s body.

“Please, Spike!” she begged, as if her previous beginnings had always failed to work because she simply wasn’t desperate enough, “You must fight it! Don’t leave me! Please!”

“I’m sorry, Lady Sparkle,” a doctor noted, a clipboard levitating in front of him, “but he’s lost too much energy to sustain himself.”

Twilight just shook her head in denial as more tears were flowing freely from her eyes, “No! There has to be something you can do!” she exclaimed to the doctor as she clinged onto his jacket.

The doctor sighed as he placed a hood on her shoulder, “Miss Sparkle, you must understand we-”

The doors of the room slammed open as Shining Armor came rushing though carrying a box of some sorts with him. He spotted his sister with the doctor and galloped towards her, with the box following him as it was coated in his magic. “Twilly, we got a problem! Bloodwing’s on his way and-”

“Bloodwing!?” Twilight immediately went to her brother’s side as the words were spoken, her sadness turned into fury by the pony who did this to her son and to others. “Where is he!?” she asked her brother as the anger was building up in her.

Shining stared at his sister, “Twilly, could you not look at me like that,” he asked her politely, seeing his sister calming down to see a face that belonged only to the very depressed. “He’s fighting the princesses right now, but I think he may be more trouble than what he anticipated.”

“What do you mean?”

Shining continued as he lowered the case to his sister, “I saw him suck the magic out of his subordinate and getting stronger from that. I’m not sure if the princesses can defeat him alone, but I do believe that-”

Twilight’s eyes shimmered for a moment as she connected the dots in her mind, “I got it!” she said to her brother as she took the case and opened them to reveal the Elements of Harmony in them. She placed her tiara, which was the Element of Magic, on her head and turned around to face Spike’s body. Her eyes glistened in tears just by seeing her boy like this, but she had to be strong for what was coming next. She placed a hoof on his cheek, ignoring the burning feeling that was building up from the contact. “Mommy will be right back Spike, ok? Just be strong for me please,” she asked him kindly, not expecting an answer and turning back to Shining, “Let’s go!”

“Right!”

Both ponies exited the room and made their way outside to the clearing, seeing Rainbow Dash approaching them with Blaze and Fluttershy. “Shining! Princess Luna said you outta put up your shield over the city!” Rainbow told him as they landed before the unicorns.

“I’m on it!” Shining answered as he concentrated his magic, shooting a beam of magic that soon shot up skywards. The tip of the beam then spread to form a shield that reached all over the city of Canterlot. When the shield was up, Shining’s horn stopped glowing and he was slightly dizzy from the excess use of magic.

By the time he had recovered, Twilight and her friends were already several feet away, with only Blaze left behind. “Where are they going?”

Blaze shrugged. “Twilight said she had a plan. She also said we needed to stay behind. If she fails...” he drifted off, not wanting to even think about that possibility. “Anyway, where’s Light?”

“He’s in the Palace, safe and sound. Well, not exactly. We better put in evacuation procedures. You need to fly up to the Princesses and warn them about Bloodwing’s power, I’m not sure that they are even aware of it.”

Blaze paused. “If he absorbs all of the Princesses’ energy... we’re doomed.”


Celestia remembered the last time she was this tired. Their battle with Discord, several millennia earlier, had been taxing. That wasn’t surprising, given that he was the embodiment of chaos, but Bloodwing was just a normal pony.

The sisters were stunned at the pony before them, seeing as he held his own against them. Celestia decided to fly in closer to Bloodwing, reading her magic. Just as she was ready, she felt drained and her magic was cut off. She flew backwards and shot magic at him several times along with her sister, but all the spells were evaded almost too easily.

Luna, being somewhat more devious in her tactics, managed to clip Bloodwing. The scientist yelled and tried to stay afloat on his damaged wing, allowing the Princess of the Night to strike him in the chest. He went flying to the ground.

“That was our most powerful attack, and it won’t keep him down for long. How is he so strong, so skilled?”

“And why are we so weak?” Celestia moaned. “I had forgotten what physical exhaustion was like.”

Bloodwing got up from the ground, coughing as he regained his breath. He looked up in the sky to the princesses before flying upwards to them. “Let me show you what death feels like!” he yelled as he came flying towards the princesses, as they send a barrage of magic to his direction only for him to dodge all of the attacks. “You’re mine Celes-!”

A streak of flame came crashing into him, as he flew backwards from the force that hit him. He let out a cry of agony as his body was slightly burned from the attack. When Bloodwing looked to the princesses, he saw Blaze floating in front of them. What surprised him for a moment was the glare in Blaze’s eyes.

“Princesses, with all due respect, I need you to return to the castle at once,” he told Princess Celestia and Princess Luna as he looked behind his shoulder to meet their eyes.

“Who are you?” Luna asked him curiously as she looked at the stallion’s eyes, eyes that showed no fear for what he was facing against.

Blaze just smirked at the question given to him, “My name’s Blaze, Blaze Stream. Got it memorized?” he asked her as he pointed a hoof to his head.

Princess Celestia looked at him impassively first, before her eyes blinked to show compassion to the stallion who was literally offering himself to a beast for them to escape. “You have our greatest gratitude Blaze, good luck,” she told him as she and Luna made their way back to the palace.

Bloodwing laughed at what was happening before them, “You really think you can defeat me, Red?” he asked him mockingly as he smiled smugly to the red pegasus before him.

Blaze snorted and looked back at Bloodwing with burning eyes, “Nah, but I can beat you up enough for the girls to finish you off... you pissed off the wrong ponies today, including me,” he told Bloodwing as his wings were now blazing in the night skies.

“Ha! Let’s see you fight against me Red you bucking failure of a-”

Blaze came tackling towards Bloodwing as they both were using their hooves to inflict damage on the other, “The name’s Blaze and I’ll brand it onto your corpse!” he shouted out as he covered himself in flames, with each punch he performed creating an explosion in the skies where they were fighting.


Princess Celestia and Princess Luna both landed by the castle’s grounds just as the fight between Blaze and Bloodwing became dangerous. The Princesses heard the sounds of explosions behind them and they turned to see the fiery pegasus give his all against the tyrannical madpony.

“Tia, we have to help him!” Luna urged her sister as she turned to face her with pleading eyes.

“I know, Lulu!” Celestia responded to her sister as her eyes were showing worry for the stallion defending the city now. “We need-”

“Princess!”

Celestia’s ears perked and she turned sharply to face Twilight Sparkle and her friends, who have donned the Elements of Harmony. “Princess, what’s going on?!” she asked her mentor as she saw both princesses looking exhausted.

“The one known as Blaze relieved us of our battle,” Luna answered, looking to the sky. “Who is he? And what was Bloodwing doing to us?”

“That pegasus was one of Bloodwing’s old slaves... Celestia can fill you in later,” Twilight explained hastily. “As for what happened, he can suck the energy out of ponies,” Twilight explained. “You two must be feeling weak...”

Celestia watched the battle again. “How are we going to stop this?”

“I have an idea,” Twilight said.

Celestia finally noticed the Elements of Harmony. “Twilight, no, that won’t work...”

Twilight held up a hoof. “I’m aware, Princess. Please, let me try this.”

Celestia wanted to forbid her from doing so... but she knew better. “Very well, my most faithful student. Go on, and good luck.” She looked back in the sky... and her eyes widened again. “What the?”

The others looked up as well.

“What the buck!” Rainbow Dash screamed in terror.

Scootaloo was flying directly toward Bloodwing.


Bloodwing had caught Blaze by now. “I’m kind of glad you survived this long, Red. I was hoping to get the energy out of all of you.” His horn glowed.

And then Scootaloo hit him from beneath, her horn puncturing his stomach.

Bloodwing snarled in pain and surprise, releasing his hold on Blaze. Scootaloo pulled her horn out, then began bombarding the doctor with every attack she could throw. He was pushed back, still more out of surprise than any real damage.

Bloodwing decided to grab hold of Scootaloo, using his magic to keep her in place. “Why little tramp! How dare you attack your creator!” he shouted out at her as he brought her closer to him and sucked her energy out. Just as she was starting to lose consciousness, Bloodwing punched her hard on her muzzle before grabbing her again. “Now go ahead and rot,” he dropped her from his grip and saw her plummeting to the ground below.

“Kid!” Blaze shouted out to her, just as he was about to come to her rescue. He was stopped however by Bloodwing, who used his magic to try and grab Blaze but wasn’t able to hold him in place. Blaze looked up to see Bloodwing charging at him.

“Always mind your surroundings!” Bloodwing shouted at Blaze as they continued the fight, though Bloodwing noticed the attention of Blaze was dwindling as Scootaloo was falling to her death.

“Scootaloo!” Rainbow yelled out to her just as she was about to fly to her, but she was beaten by a little white streak that reached the falling filly. Rainbow’s eyes widened in surprised when she saw Light carrying Scootaloo in a bridal style and floating downwards to the others before them.

Scootaloo’s eyes opened up and she saw Light looking down on her with relieved eyes. She then noticed the position she was in and her face was becoming redder by the moment. “Are you ok, Scootaloo?” he asked her as she was back on her hooves, but the pain in her head still throbbed endless as she flinched. She rubbed her head gently and felt a bloody spot on her head that strangely clotted itself rather fast by anypony’s standards.

“I-I’m fine, it’s just-”

“Scootaloo!”

Scootaloo and Light turned to see Rainbow Dash coming before them, and she was not pleased. “What in the name of Equestria were you thinking charging in like that?!” she asked Scootaloo crudely as both foals were looking down on the ground guiltily.

“I just... I just wanted to help Blaze is all. I was just so angry with Bloodwing I didn’t know what I was-” she said as she was sniffing a few tears that were building up, but felt a gently hoof on her head. She looked up to see Rainbow look at her with a tender smile.

“You have done enough for now, let us take care of the rest. Ok?” she asked Scootaloo and saw both foals nod at her.

At that moment, the limp form of Blaze crashed into Rainbow Dash, sending both pegasi crashing to the ground. Looking in terror, the two foals gave a terrified squeak as Bloodwing flew up to him. “Red’s dead,” he said simply, in a cold voice.

Light needed no further incentive to flee, but he never got the chance. As soon as he turned around, a blast of magic hit his back, sending him spiraling. As he fell, Bloodwing grabbed him, but just long enough to pull Scootaloo from his grasp. No longer having any use for the foal, he dropped him, concentrating solely on his creation.

“Well, Subject Ten, you have something that belongs to me... and since there aren’t any more powerful ponies around...”

Scootaloo screamed in terror as she was being drawn nearer to him.

And then a Sonic Rainboom hit Bloodwing, right in his damaged gut.

Screaming in pain, he dropped Scootaloo, who was caught by a Royal Guard. “Pardon me, miss, I have instructions from Lady Rainbow Dash to escort you home.”

“But... Light...”

“My comrade got him. Now come on...”

A few feet away, Dash broke off from Bloodwing, allowing the alicorn to recover. Arrogantly, the cyan pegasus turned and wiggled her rump at him. “All that experimentation and you still can’t avoid a Sonic Rainboom?”

“Watch it...” he began, but he noticed something different about his opponent: the Element of Loyalty was draped around her neck.

Rainbow Dash noticed the gaze, and tapped the jewelry for emphasis. “You like it? One of the most powerful artifacts in Equestria, and it’s mine, not yours!”

“Hm,” Bloodwing smirked. “Not for long.”

He lunged at her. But she was already off, shouting taunts. Bloodwing followed, confident.


“Are you sure ‘bout this, Twi?” Applejack asked.

“...Not entirely,” she admitted, balancing her Element of Magic on her head.

“But what if you’re wrong about this?”

“Then... I’ll probably go down in history as the idiot who let Bloodwing win...” She noticed Rainbow Dash coming. “There they are. Everypony, Elements ready!”

The other four Bearers got in position as their friend flew down to them, Bloodwing right behind her.

“It’s show time!” Rainbow yelled out to her friends, and her necklace began to glow brightly along with the others. Rainbow and the other girls were soon lifted from the ground, as their elements were glowing in synchronization. Each element started shooting magic randomly at Bloodwing, though all of them narrowly missed him.

The mares’ eyes glowed white as all of them grinned, and a beam of pure magic shot from all the elements at once. The beam had the similarities of a rainbow, that shined after the end of a raging storm. The beam flew in an arc to Bloodwing, and hit him with its full impact.

Bloodwing however just stood there and became all giddily, “So much power!” he said as he stood and reached out his hooves in the air as though he was begging for more of the magic.

“Twi, it ain’t working! We need to-”

“Trust me on this one!” Twilight replied hastily to Applejack, as she concentrated on Bloodwing, seeing him act so arrogant with what he was facing. “Bloodwing, you wanted power! Well, you got it!” she yelled out as the magic intensified.

Bloodwing’s eyes suddenly popped open as he realized what was happening. He tried to step to the side, but Twilight, seeing this, used her magic to hold him where he was. If he was thinking clearly, he might have easily broken out, but panic was not a healthy emotion.

Bloodwing yelled in pain as he stared in horror at his body, that started to crack. With each crack showing on his body, magic seeped out of him uncontrollably. “What?!” he shouted out as he looked at his hooves that started to disintegrate, with the magic in him acting as an out of controlled flame inside a furnace.

“No... no! This is not how it was suppose to be!” he said in a panicked tone, with every inch of his body slowly disappearing. “This is not what was supposed to happen!” he yelled out as all the magic in him burst out, followed shortly by his body being reduced to ash. Streaks of magic flew in all different directions. The Elements stopped, and the threat known as Bloodwing was finally dealt with.

Rainbow just stared blankly at the spot where Bloodwing was before his demise, “How did you know it would work, Twilight?”

Twilight just shrugged as she took her tiara off her head, “I noticed how he was sucking all magic out of the Princesses, then I remembered how Blue exploded when he used too much energy. I realized Bloodwing’s magic must be flawed, so I figured if he absorbed too much, he couldn’t contain it.”

Pinkie Pie looked at Twilight and nodded in agreement, “Oooooh, like when you blow too much air into a balloon, it goes pop!” she said as she made a ‘pop’ sounded with her mouth.

Twilight just shook her head with a half-smile, “Yes Pinkie, just like that,” she said to the pink pony as the all took of their respective elements. “And now that the energy he stole has nowhere to go, it should return to the proper ponies.”


Inside Canterlot Castle, two large streaks of energy flew back into the bodies of Princess Celestia and Luna.

Another flew into Blaze, being carried in by two Royal Guards. The seemingly dead pegasus sat up.

Another flew into the infirmary and into the still formless body of Spike. It had no noticeable changes.

And the final flew into the ruins of Bloodwing’s lab.

Black crawled out of the wreckage. He might have lost, but he still lived, and he was still an alicorn. He’d slip away, he’d recover, and he’d return to...

At that point, he found several Royal Guards surrounding him.

“By order of the Royal Family, you are under arrest. Come quietly or we’re authorized to use lethal force.”

Black groaned, planting his face on the ground. Today was not his day.


Rainbow smiled triumphantly as she flew above the others, “We showed them! Didn't we, girls-” she couldn't finish as she was tackled in the air by an orange alicorn filly.

“You did it!” she squealed happily!

Rainbow Dash just hugged her back. “Yes... we did it. Bloodwing’s gone, for good this time. He won’t hurt you again.”

“Hey, Twilight!” Applejack suddenly called. Rainbow Dash looked up to see that her friend was sprinting back to the castle. “Where y’all goin’?”

It was Rarity that answered, once realization hit her. “Spike!”

With that, the whole group forgot about celebration. There might not be a happy ending for some.