• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 4,159 Views, 1,525 Comments

The Darkness in our Souls - Black Light



Shadowmere knows fear, he knows hate, and he knows darkness. In fact, he knows everypony's.

  • ...
43
 1,525
 4,159

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I opened my eyes and looked around my room. I opened the window and put my head outside and took a deep breath in. I turned around and walked down to the kitchen. I found Skies sitting on the couch reading a book. When I walked into the room she looked up and smiled.

“Good morning sleepy head.” She said.

“Oh give me a break I had a long night.” I said.

“Yeah, I bet all that lovey dovey stuff with Rainbow was really tiring.”

“You’re never going to stop saying stuff like that are you?” I looked at her.

“Never.”

“Alright, so what do you want to do today?” I asked.

“Let’s go get breakfast at Sugar-cube Corner.” She said.

“Do they even have any breakfast foods there?” I asked.

“Do you care?” she asked right back.

“Touché, Let’s go” I said walking towards the door.

I opened the door and walked out I turned around Skies walked out behind me and I shut the door. We started walking towards the Sugar-cube Corner. We said hello and good morning to many of the ponies that passed us along the way. As we approached Sugar-cube Corner I thought about something and I activated my power and sensed inside the building. There were only a few ponies inside probably just eating breakfast. I stopped my power and sighed in relief it would seem that I won’t have to worry about being surprised again. I walked towards the door, opened it, and walked inside and-

“SURPRISE!!!”

“HOW IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA IS THAT POSSIBLE!?” I screamed clutching onto the ceiling yet again, and looking at the sea of ponies that were in the store. “How… How is that possible we passed some of you on the way here? How did you get here before us and set this up, and I could’ve sworn that this place was practically empty just a second ago.”

“Silly, everypony has been here for a while.” Pinkie said walking on the ceiling using her suction cups.

“I- I- oh just forget it. I not going to bother asking anymore when it involves you.” I said floating back down towards the ground.

“Well in that case LET’S PARTY!” Pinkie shouted signaling the rest of the guest to start things up. I followed Pinkie through the crowd with Skies until we reached the same table that we were at before. All the girls were there except for Rainbow.

“Skies darling, why don’t you go find Sweetie and her friends. We need to have a short word with you brother.” Rarity said. Skies looked to me and I gave her a weak smile and nodded. She slipped away into the crowd and I sat down at the table.

“So what do you want to talk to me about?” I asked starting to worry that I was doing something wrong.

“Well Shadow it’s about you and Rainbow.” Twilight said. “We just wanted to tell you that well… I don’t know how to say this.” Twilight looked at the rest of the girls her look asking them to think of a way to say whatever it was that she was saying.

I started sweating. What did they want to say? It’s about Rainbow, did she ask them to tell me that she doesn’t want to be together. I thought that we were really doing well together. Was it something I did? Did I buck it up? Was it when I said I loved her? Did I say it too soon? Is that where I bucked it up? Oh Celestia I bucked it up. I said it too soon. I bucked it up.

Finally one of the girls spoke up surprisingly it was Fluttershy who talked. “What Twilight wants to say is that if you hurt Rainbow emotionally or physically. You will regret ever being born.” The rest of the girls and I all looked at Fluttershy our mouths hanging open. Rainbow had told me how Fluttershy can get when it’s a matter that involves her friends. I never actually thought it was possible though. That the shy pegasus could actually become so forceful, but I had just witnessed it first hoof. “I mean that is…” she continued retreating back into her hair when she realized we were all staring at her. We all just sat there in silence a little longer trying to collect our thoughts.

I was the one to break the silence “So, is that all?” The girls all nodded. “Well in that case you have nothing to worry about. I don’t plan on letting anything hurt Rainbow ever.” I said with determination. The girls all smiled understanding that they shouldn’t have been worrying. Then I asked. “So where is Rainbow?”

“Well we didn’t tell her about the party.” Twilight answered.

I looked at her. “Oh this does not bode well.”

“What do you mean?” Twilight asked.

“If I know Rainbow when she finds out that there’s a party here and nopony told her. She is not going to be pleased, and when she sees me hear she’s probably going to blame me for not telling her.” I said.

“Oh, I think you just overreacting.” Twilight said.

Just then the door to the store burst open and a rainbow blur shot through the door. I saw it go into a blind spot behind me, and I felt the wind as the blur zoomed up behind me and stopped. I looked at Twilight. “So you think I’m overreacting?” I said.

Then the voice behind me said. “We need to have a talk.” And then a cyan hoof appeared on my shoulder and started to drag me out of the building. On the way out I passed by Skies. I gave her a smile and waved to her as I was drug out of the building and the door shut behind me. I then got up and dusted myself off before turning to face Rainbow who had an irritated look on her face.

She started to open her mouth to speak but I interrupted her by putting my hoof into her mouth. “Before you start to chew me out I knew nothing about this party.” I said.

“Right then how else would Pinkie know to throw a party for you and Skies. I’m the only other pony that knew and I didn’t tell her.” She retorted.

“Wait… if you didn’t tell her then who did?” I asked wondering how Pinkie did know about the anniversary for Skies and me. I had thought that Rainbow had told Pinkie and that’s how she knew but if she didn’t then how did she know?

“You mean you didn’t tell her?”

“No, it was a surprise for me. I thought you told her.” I said trying to figure out how Pinkie had figured out. Then I remembered, this is Pinkie Pie were talking about and I’m not even going to try and figure her out. “Oh well, I’m not going to question it.”

“Probably for the best.” Rainbow said.

“So I think I’m going to go back inside and get some punch. How about you?” I asked Rainbow.

“Sounds good to me.” Rainbow said as we walked back inside.

We walked back into the party and got ourselves some punch. The rest of the time we walked around the party saying hello to the party guests. We ran into Pinkie a couple of times, and like always there was no explanation for anything she did. Eventually Rainbow and I split up and explored the party by ourselves, and I’m not going to lie. When I ran into Applejack and found out that she had brought some hard cider with her, I couldn’t say no. I may have had one too many drinks and the rest of the party went by in a blur. The next thing I could remember was sitting at a table with Skies and the rest of the girls after all the guests had left. I saw Rainbow and Applejack looking at me with amusement.

“What?” I asked rubbing my head.

“You only had two drinks, yet you were still stumbling around the party like you had drank a full barrel.” Rainbow said.

“Fine so I don’t have a high tolerance for alcohol. Does it really matter?” I responded.

“Well when a mare can out drink a stallion I would say something is totally wrong.” Rainbow said.

“Yeah, Yeah. So the last thing I remember is talking to AJ. What did I miss?” I asked rubbing my head trying to remember the rest of the night. Then, my hoof came across a large bump on my head. As soon as I touched the bump it started to hurt extensively. “And what’s with this bump on my head?” I looked at Rainbow who had a guilty smile.

“Well funny story about that.” She said.

“You see after you drank that cider you started to walk around the party and talked to every mare you ran into, and let’s just say some of the things you said weren’t very…” Twilight started trying to think of the right word. “Appropriate” she finished with a slight blush I looked around the table at the rest of the table and saw the rest of the girls shared this blush. I guess when she said every mare she meant every mare.

“Yeah, so I had to beat some sense into you.” Rainbow said.

“Well then… I guess it’s a good thing I don’t remember anything. Now I think I’m going to go now because it just got really awkward and my head is killing me. I’ll be asleep for the next week if you need me.” I said walking out of the door before anything else happened. I think a week will be enough for things to become less awkward.

PreviousChapters Next