• Published 1st Nov 2012
  • 4,156 Views, 1,525 Comments

The Darkness in our Souls - Black Light



Shadowmere knows fear, he knows hate, and he knows darkness. In fact, he knows everypony's.

  • ...
43
 1,525
 4,156

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 101

Chapter 101

"-Nobody important" The talking silhouette finished.

"That's not an answer!" I responded.

The silhouette just chuckled. "I wouldn't worry about it, after all, I'm sure you'll be hearing about us quite a bit in the future. After all everyone in Equestria will be begging us for their lives."

'...That sounds pretty important to me.'

I glared at the figures in the doorway. My eyes began to adjust to the light and I started to see them clearly.

The one that I had been talking been talking too was a dragon. His dark purple scales standing out from among the rest of them.

Next to him was the large form of a minotaur. His coat a light white, with piercing red eyes. His horns covered in golden mold.

Then came the griffin. His feathers were a light brown bordering on golden.

The next took me a moment. It was a crystal pony, but unlike when we left the Crystal Empire his color was a dull and opaque pink.

The most confusing of them all was the changeling standing with them. He looked like any other, but...well, he was wearing an orange masquerade mask.

The sixth...was my father. A smug smirk on his face.

"I'll ask you again. Who are you?" I said glaring at the six of them.

The dragon chuckled again. " Stubborn aren't you?" The dragon looked behind him and through the windows. "Hmm, it's later than I expected it to be. I had hoped that I would've gotten more time to talk, but sadly we must take our leave now." He said turning away.

"Tell me who you are!" I shouted at them.

The dragon looked over his shoulder. "...Scaled Heart."

"Wh-What?" I responded.

"My name, Scaled Heart. The griffin is Vicious Talon, the changeling is Masquerade, the minotaur is Golden Horns, the crystal pony is Lack Luster, and I don't think I need to introduce you to our sixth." The dragon told me. "Is that what you wanted to know?"

"What are you planning?" I asked.

The dragon began to laugh. "I thought I already told you. To have Equestria begging for us to spare their lives." He said reaching up and pulling the doors shut as they left the room.

I ran over and opened the doors, but nopony was there. I sighed and walked back into the room.

"What in the world was that about?" Twilight asked.

"Well...I think it has something to do with the great evil coming to Equestria." I said.

"You think those six are the great evil?" Celestia asked.

I shook my head. "No...well, not directly. They didn't seem necessarily strong enough, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had some connection with whatever this great evil is." I answered.

"Then we should go after them and force them to tell us what they know." Rainbow said.

"As much as I'd like to do that, it's impossible." I told her. She looked at me with confusion. "They definitely left by some magical means, and I can't sense any residual magic in the air. Where ever they went, they didn't want to be followed and they made sure we couldn't." I told her.

"There has to be something that we can do." Rainbow said glaring angrily at the door.

"For the time being, we should just stay on our guard. They might not be strong enough to destroy Equestria, but they certainly aren't weak either. Right now the most I can do is hope that the guide I traveled with manages to dig something up." I said making sure to not mention Daring by name.

"Can they really help?" Twilight asked.

I smiled. "I think so, she has quite a bit of experience when it comes to finding things like this."

"If she does find anything how long will it take her to get that information to you?" Twilight asked.

"At least a day and a half, three at the most." I answered.

"Will that be fast enough?" Rainbow questioned.

"It depends on when this evil decides to make it's move. For all we know it could be tomorrow maybe years before they actually try anything." I told her.

Rainbow got an annoyed look. "There has to be something more we can do than just wait around."

I sighed. "Well there are a few things that can be done, but I don't think you'd like it very much." I told her.

"What is it? What can we do?" She asked.

"Well, there's a very large library here that might have some information buried in it somewhere about this." I said.

"...Yeah, I'm not interested in doing that." She responded.

I chuckled. "I thought so." I said. I then turned to the princesses. "I'd like to get in contact with the other nations. Asking about the five that introduced themselves. Maybe we can turn up some information about them. I think the Griffin Emperor would be willing to share any information he has on that Vicious Talon. The rest of the nations might be more difficult to get something from. The dragon's especially."

"I'll send word to the national leaders, asking for any information they could give us." Celestia told me.

"Hopefully we'll learn something about them." I said with a sigh. My stomach suddenly growled. I looked back at my stomach noticing my coat as well. "I think Skies and I need to get something to eat and then clean ourselves up." I said with a small smile.

"Please don't be stingy with the soap." Rarity said getting a laugh from the rest of the mares.

"Well if you think this is bad, you should've seen me when I had to escape a town using their sewer tunnels." I said with a smirk. "And then when they came down to look for me and I needed to find a place to hide. You know that water down there is pretty opaque." I added on causing Rarity to gag and the rest of the mares to look a little sick.

"You didn't." Rainbow said staring at me.

"Yeah, I actually didn't, the looks on your faces was priceless though." I told her as I started to leave the room for the kitchen. "Though I was serious about escaping through the sewer, and that reminds me." I turned to face the mares again. "Pinkie, never let Gummy go into the sewer...Strange things happen to alligators down there." I turned and left leaving the girls with that thought.

Skies walked along side me down the hall as we made for the kitchen. "That sewer story happened before we met right?" She asked.

"Yeah, it happened about a year or so before we met." I answered.

"Were you serious about that alligator thing?" She said.

I shivered at the thought. "Very." I told her.

Skies smiled and leaned against me as we walked. "I love you brother, don't ever change."

I smiled and wrapped a leg around Skies. "I don't plan on it."

Skies and I ate and cleaned ourselves up, so that we looked presentable. Skies went to one of the guest rooms to get some sleep, and I made my way to the library. When I walked in I found Twilight and Celestia already there looking through a stack of books.

"Find anything useful?" I asked.

Celestia looked up. "I'm afraid not, the Canterlot Library is the largest in Equestria, and we don't even know where to begin looking." She answered.

I sighed. "I figured as much, we don't really even know what we're looking for." I said. "...Did Gaia leave you anything that might tell us anything?" I asked.

Celestia shook her head. "I can't think of anything. My mother was always cryptic, but I can't think of anything."

"She never gave you anything saying it would keep the evil away?" I responded.

"...Well...there was one thing, but I don't think it has anything to do with this." Celestia said returning her gaze to her book a slight blush on her cheeks.

'What could...you don't think?'

'I do believe we're thinking of the same thing.'

"Mr. Fuzzybottom?" I asked with a smirk.

Celestia turned and glared at me, her blush becoming a deeper shade of red. "Just- Just start reading the books." She told me.

I chuckled and sat down next to them taking a book from the shelves and starting to flip through it.

PreviousChapters Next